Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya
Appreciate the double speak.
You know Pa is unpredictable.
You& I know this is beyond a casual relationship.
Every word is used in "polemic" "word for word" like at the end of the day if they marry it affects us?Who cares as long as they are happy.

Polemic, hyperbole, double talk, what ever you wish - obviously he likes her, but I have no such knowledge at all that PA is in any committed relation with his girl, especially since he has said numerous times that is is not committing to anyone (understanding that in some cases, one needs to take Albert's words with a big grain of salt).

Who are the people who settle for "concubine"?[or is that rude too? for such cult figure status? get a grip]
What does that mean settle for concubine or official companion?

As I said before, imo it seems that Monaco hasn't gotten anything close to HSH, The Princess from Albert (he could surprise everybody), but instead he seems to put forth his own version: Charlene, the 'official companion' (or maybe she put herself there, I don't know)-- interpret it as you like .

Why do you ascribe a kind of sideways blame on us for Miss Wittsock's goof ups-which appear to be working in her favour?

I 'blame' no one for CW, so please don't try to put that on me -- she's Albert's girl. He brought her there. So, like it or lap it, that's the deal for the moment

Why do you make it sound like Miss Wittsock is some kind of cult figure;she should not be criticised because she fills this cult status and PA & her cannot listen to noise in the Hippodrome because they are cult figures?Because it is rude is it?The fish is still in the water and not in the frying pan and you are ahead of yourself.And I still think that is rude and not the other.
ok, Jaya - come on now, be real. Both of us have offered our catty comments (& a few nice comments) about CW on these boards, but Charlene a 'cult figure'? Puh-leez. I've never even referred to her in such a way, that's on you dear. But it's a funny idea, isn't it?

Old 06-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Royal Highness

The Rickles book and I

You are right because since reading the Rickles memoir I have this new perspective that is greater than that of War & Peace.[wink]
Thanks again I am back on planet earth.I think?

Old 06-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Serene Highness

Charlene is soo booring and seems unsignificant because I don't think Albert and her really date. So I really don't think it matters how she behaves or looks because she will never be princess of Monaco (or I will eat my words )

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry, I think they really date...
Old 06-08-2007, 07:04 PM
Aristocracy

I don't like her!
And I'll be disappointed if Albert marrys her.
She's . . . dislikable.

sorry Charlene
Old 06-09-2007, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco
I don't like her!
And I'll be disappointed if Albert marrys her.
She's . . . dislikable.

sorry Charlene
welcome with the club "we hate Charlene"

me also, I find her hateful, bus if her past well is analyzed, her words, her gestures, her installations... finally all that relates to her!!! ONE CANNOT LIKE HER !!!

give all the events relative to Charlene in the chronological order and you will see her true face, her true personality, and you will concluerez that she is not made to become first Lady of Monaco

I prefer 1000 times better than Albert remains unmarried, than Caroline remains First Lady of Monaco and than Andréas will future Prince de Monaco.

I know that Caroline will make of her son an excellent Head of State ...

lckc571
Old 06-09-2007, 06:57 AM
Aristocracy

You're so right, lckc571.
That's what I wanted to say!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Gentry

What do you think about Charlene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571

me also, I find her hateful, bus if her past well is analyzed, her words, her gestures, her installations... finally all that relates to her!!! ONE CANNOT LIKE HER !!!

give all the events relative to Charlene in the chronological order and you will see her true face, her true personality, and you will concluerez that she is not made to become first Lady of Monaco

I prefer 1000 times better than Albert remains unmarried, than Caroline remains First Lady of Monaco and than Andréas will future Prince de Monaco.

lckc571
I agree that Charlene is not Princess material. She has that look of "look at me. I'm here. Look what I have. Look who I'm with. Are you noticing me". She seems completely self-absorbed.

However, I don't think that Andrea will make an excellent Sovereign of Monaco. What is he doing to prepare for this? Is he in college? What is he doing with himself?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Posts on whether or not Andrea is suitable to be the next ruler of Monaco should be discussed here Monaco's succession issues
Old 06-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckc571

lckc571
With all due respect to your opinion, why would anyone hate Charlene? I can understand why people may dislike her (everyone has personal opinion about a person), but hating someone you don't even know is a bit too much, in my opinion.

I like Princess Caroline and I would like to see her Reigning Princess of Monaco one day, and I think Andrea Casiraghi would make not a bad Prince either, but the fact is, now the Reigning Prince is Prince Albert. If he married Charlene, she'll be Princess of Monaco and possibly mother of the heir.
It is/would be very hard for her to adjust and show the better side of herself, if whatever she does receives negative response.

I have not followed Charlene in chronological order, however the little I've seen of her definitely didn't make me hate her or even dislike her (though I can't say I like her either). I do think she needs to take some good lessons both when it comes to fashion and manners. With some help, she may show her true colours (and I mean in the favourable meaning of the word).

The problem is (for me), why can't
Prince Albert provide that help?
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
With all due respect to your opinion, why would anyone hate Charlene? I can understand why people may dislike her (everyone has personal opinion about a person), but hating someone you don't even know is a bit too much, in my opinion.

I like Princess Caroline and I would like to see her Reigning Princess of Monaco one day, and I think Andrea Casiraghi would make not a bad Prince either, but the fact is, now the Reigning Prince is Prince Albert. If he married Charlene, she'll be Princess of Monaco and possibly mother of the heir.
It is/would be very hard for her to adjust and show the better side of herself, if whatever she does receives negative response.

I have not followed Charlene in chronological order, however the little I've seen of her definitely didn't make me hate her or even dislike her (though I can't say I like her either). I do think she needs to take some good lessons both when it comes to fashion and manners. With some help, she may show her true colours (and I mean in the favourable meaning of the word).

The problem is (for me), why can't
Prince Albert provide that help?
my question exactly! I do not hate her, but I'm not so sure I like her either. IMO, she and Albert are both immature. Ok, that's fine he like her well enough so that's all that matters.

But then again, if CW were 'wife' material rather than just 'mistress' material, she'd probably get the help.

A wife gets more support, because she is entitled to it and of course more is expected of her.

Some women (like CW) are just better cut to be the mistress.

They don't care to be married and they are all too comfortable with being the mistress with no apparent strings. Just have a good time, lay up, suck up the benefits and get subsidized for as long as it lasts.

You know, a man can be all too happy to have an affair for however long it lasts with this type of girl, but does bother to commit to her. He does not need to.

So, CW will probably be around for a loooong time

JMO
Old 06-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

Avalon, great post {removed comment about moderators/admins- Lady Jennifer} We don't have to hate Charlene we are not emotionnaly involved.. if so some guys could think that some of us are jalous or silly... We can dislike her, yes,
I have nothing to say about Andrea... because i have no inside infos,
About Charlene's fashion.. someone can help her yes... but Albert is perhaps OK with her image now ... (because he loves her???) I don't esteem Charlene because she blabs, because she's not educated, she 's a prince's mistress posing with him in front of monegasque... Well I dislike her...but Albert seems to be OK !!!
I hope that one days he's going to make his job and govern monaco instead of traveling and parading with her... (please admins don't delete) I have to add that if those 2 love birds were not around Monaco...I wouldn't care... because royals don't make me have a dream and I beleive in right of people to self governement...but I have friends here...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:04 PM

IMO
Albert dosent want to be upstaged by a woman- same thing could be said about Charles and Diana- Albert has been upstaged all his life by his sisters

So just put Charlene in a pill box hat and a Chanel two piece suit and let her have the heir and a spare. Who knows with the right PR she could become a hit!
Old 06-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHDUKESTANCIL
IMO
Albert dosent want to be upstaged by a woman- same thing could be said about Charles and Diana- Albert has been upstaged all his life by his sisters

So just put Charlene in a pill box hat and a Chanel two piece suit and let her have the heir and a spare. Who knows with the right PR she could become a hit!
How do you know that?[that he is so insecure as to not want to be upstaged or that he would enter a marriage that is so unbalanced it would happen]
There was once a lady called Jackie who lived in Camelot and John Kennedy who was unfazed and did not mind at all crowds screaming Jackie Jackie!!!!!John Kennedy used it to his advantage: He said "I have been to Paris with Jackie Kennedy!!"when on a state visit. Do you think Pa is that insecure and I have to disagree that his sisters have ever upstaged him. In his own unusually gentle but adament manner he has done his fair share of stealing the show constantly and made us understand his presence..No Chanel suit and pillbox hat will fix the interiority of the question you have posed.Just the heir and the spare are the wrong reasons to marry which lead to the right ones for divorce. If CW is a hit in that suit she will upstage PA so where does that leave us but at the question of what came first the chicken or the egg?
Old 06-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Courtier

I do not like nor dislike Charlene because I do not know her other than from knowing her by the pictures that are posted in this forum of her. What I do want to say to all who dislike her with a passion even to the point that some say they hate her, I hope you never ever find yourselves in a position where you are dating or married to someone and will be at the receiving end of what you are saying about Charlene.

No one is perfect so give her a chance!

Stellad
Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Serene Highness

how many more chances does she need? because she has be in the public eye for a year now and her actions, dress, hairstyles have not improve. so how many more chances does she need to have inorder to behave like a princess?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Majesty

As to the initial question,we simply know next to nothing concerning her,except for the pics published in the media and the stories invented for the sale of rags.

To even go as far as to say "hate her" or bickering that her "hairstyle didn't improve" is just as superficial as it comes.

And when it boils down to behaving like a Princess,this is Monaco....
Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
how many more chances does she need? because she has be in the public eye for a year now and her actions, dress, hairstyles have not improve. so how many more chances does she need to have inorder to behave like a princess?
my question, exactly
I just can't decide if she's trying too hard or not at all. Either way it comes down to be ridiculous.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Aristocracy

Charlene Wittstock was at the closing ceremonies of the Monaco games looking radiant and beautiful by Prince Albert's side. It seems to me that he has made his choice and is giving Charlene time to adjust to how her new life is going to be as his wife and princess. They look very happy together and she might be the stability he has needed for so long. I hope so. He needs to settle down. I loved her outfit, just needed some earings, but other than that, she made a very nice choice this time. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and wish them the very best, if they decide to continue together and formalize their relationship. She is a mature woman now, not the 23 year old he first saw. After the summer olympics, who knows, that might be the time for them to commit to marriage and a new and happy life together.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraglia1983
Charlene Wittstock was at the closing ceremonies of the Monaco games looking radiant and beautiful by Prince Albert's side. It seems to me that he has made his choice and is giving Charlene time to adjust to how her new life is going to be as his wife and princess. They look very happy together and she might be the stability he has needed for so long. I hope so. He needs to settle down. I loved her outfit, just needed some earings, but other than that, she made a very nice choice this time. I am giving her the benefit of the doubt and wish them the very best, if they decide to continue together and formalize their relationship. She is a mature woman now, not the 23 year old he first saw. After the summer olympics, who knows, that might be the time for them to commit to marriage and a new and happy life together.
Well, Albert has done this several times before with Alicia Warlick and Tasha Vasconsuelos and they weren't his choice for a royal bride. No, I think Charlene is just one of many, many, MANY girlfriends that Albert has and she is no different from the few that the media picked up on and ran with the princess story.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Closed Thread