The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
All the videos show that the monegasque are pleased to see the prince Albert soon . married and they say they want quicky an heir. Have you videos where the monegasque people is not pleased?
After seeing the video-CW need public relations training. After being in the company of the Grimaldis for the last 4 years or so I wonder why she hasnt seek this out?

Old 10-03-2010, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
All the videos show that the monegasque are pleased to see the prince Albert soon . married and they say they want quicky an heir. Have you videos where the monegasque people is not pleased?
Monegasque people want quickly an heir? Poor Charlene, so when she is married she will have to get pregnant as soon as posible? Give her a break! She still is young and Albert can have kids even if he turns 80!

Old 10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Monegasque people want quickly an heir? Poor Charlene, so when she is married she will have to get pregnant as soon as posible? Give her a break! She still is young and Albert can have kids even if he turns 80!
It is always expected that the wife get's pregnant asap, it's the same in all countries and I presume the "heir-fever" will be even stronger in Monaco seeing as Prince Albert is a Monarch not the heir.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

^I guess, she is having a lot of pressure.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
She will be 33 in a few months and after 35 the rate of birth defects goes up. I wouldn't consider her young or that she has a lot of time to have children safely. There is a decrease in the number of healthy eggs to be ovulated. The older you are the more complications during pregnancies. For example high blood pressure, miscarriages, still births, diabetes. If you don't wait at least 6 months between pregnancies the percentages of premature birth or low birth weight occurs. If she doesn't quit smoking it will also increase those risks.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Mmm...then she is in trouble. In the video she says "give us break!" but maybe she was tryining to be funny. We'll see how the situation evolves.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:29 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it's possible that she/they may not even want children.

After all, no one can force or cajole them to have children, regardless of anything they may have told the press.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:20 AM
Nobility

Give Charlene a break...she is young enough to wait a couple of years if they both want to!!! It is up to the couple they are in love it will happen when everJust remember would you like be told when to have children. I rest my case
Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
Give Charlene a break...she is young enough to wait a couple of years if they both want to!!! It is up to the couple they are in love it will happen when everJust remember would you like be told when to have children. I rest my case
Any members' case is completely different from theirs. I don't think none of us here is going to marry a Sovereing and have children inmediately (unless Charlene is undercover here, in the forums... )
Yes she is young, but if she has children as soon as possible, it's better. For her health and the baby's.
But... quoting Renata:
Quote:
I think it's possible that she/they may not even want children
They may not have children. Oh, this has been discused a lot trough the thread, as well as they "being in love" issue.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Royal Highness

IN the part six of the interview of Prince Albert, the part just before the part 7 where there is the interview of Charlene, the prince Albert said when he saw first time charlene and why he waited so much time to marry whith her, he said we thought that it was time to have a family with children. in the part 7 when reported said yet it they wanted chidren , Charlene said let us take a braek, it is to get away of pressure there is on her making heir, I said always that when I was a just married wife, I said we will see, for me it was a question too intime.Albert said we want a family.they want children.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is too old to be a father again, but if those are his wishes...Monaco's people will be happy, i guess.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator

You are never too old...Charlie Chaplin had a child in what his 70's or 80's?

Old 10-05-2010, 09:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

^yeah, but it's not same being father at 80, than at 50 than at 30...they are different periods in a person's life. If Albert thinks that is in his period to be a father (because he plans to, let's not count in this Alexandre or Jazmin) then congratulations for him.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Age is nothing but a number.

Charlie Chaplin had two sons when he was young from one of his first marriages, and I don't think they had a great relationship while they were younger because he was working so much. The children that he had a later age reportedly have great memories of their father. So what the difference. There are people who are in the prime of their lives and very active and not so great parents and those who are older and not so active who are very involved with their children. And vice versa.

Its not so cookie cutter.

Old 10-05-2010, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

^Well, that's what i tried to say with this:
Quote:
If Albert thinks that is in his period to be a father (because he plans to, let's not count in this Alexandre or Jazmin) then congratulations for him.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

A man can be father at any age, star people has chidren untill 60, I know some people who has child, a long time after their older children, it is not easy for a woman having child after 38,when it is the first chid. For Charlene who will be 33, she don't wait for the first chid
Old 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

While men can have children when they are older research has shown the older they are the children may be subject to a greater chance of having abnormalities. As applies to woman as I pointed out in my post below. A few problems with older men included behavioral problems and a shorter lifespan for the offspring. The children also have lower weight when they are weaned than the offspring of younger fathers. Austim, lower intelligence are things that should be considered before they or anyone of their age group has children. The older Charlene is the higher the risk due to Alberts age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
She will be 33 in a few months and after 35 the rate of birth defects goes up. I wouldn't consider her young or that she has a lot of time to have children safely. There is a decrease in the number of healthy eggs to be ovulated. The older you are the more complications during pregnancies. For example high blood pressure, miscarriages, still births, diabetes. If you don't wait at least 6 months between pregnancies the percentages of premature birth or low birth weight occurs. If she doesn't quit smoking it will also increase those risks.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

The "old father" issue touches me because my father was 50 when I was born.
Imagine me a sixteen-year-old girl in 1967 whose father (by then) was 67 years old.
IMO the age difference is definitely an issue !!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As always we can't generalize things, on the one hand there are millions
of good examples of older and younger fathers, everyone has certain
own experiences and has observed several other family constellations
and on the other hand there as many examples that didn't work that
well, as to the age (too old, too young for being a good father/mother)
and all the other components that have influence on the growing up of
a child and teenager..
If the couple gets children, then we can simply wish them the best.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Heir Apparent

One can say in PA's favour that he does not seem like an old dad, rather I think he has kept a youthful spirit and manner, no matter how much the burdens of state and government may (or may not) weigh on him.

Tags
princess charlene