The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Commoner

I think it would be an incredible move for Charlene to committ herself to focusing on the worldwide obesity epidemic amongst children by using her history and experiences as an Olympian to help education people on the benefits of eating healthily and exercising and how they can maintain will power and determination. The world already has Brangelina focusing on refugees, Diana was the People's Princess and Grace used her Hollywood connections to "promote" Monaco, so I think it makes Sense for Charlene to use her sporting background to promote a positive healthy image for children.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Apart from all that has been suggested, she will have to have nerves of steel, once the paparazzi have stopped their "honeymoon" attitude.

Our (rather mild) criticisms of her will seem like nothing, compared to the press pack.
But isn't the press in Monaco rather tame compared to the press in other countries? I read that Ranier had surveilance cameras installed throughout Monaco so I don't think the paparazzi will harrass her on the streets of Monaco and get away with it.
Albert doesn't seem to be criticized much by the French/Monaco press.

Old 08-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Serene Highness

Over the weekend in the state of Louisiana, 6 young people lost their lives when they drowned in the Red River. This happened in Sherveport. They were on a sandbar and one the teen slipped into the water and fell into a sinkhole. The others tried to save them but ended up drowning. None of these young people who ranged in age from 13 to 18 knew how to swim. Sadly many people in the United States as well as the rest of the world don't know to swim.

There are many people around the world who do not know how to swim. Perhaps if Charlene stressed the importance of knowing how to swim and tried to get other countries to adopt a swimming program for their citizens this would save many people from death by drowning.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 AM
Heir Apparent

That sounds like a very good idea, especially if it was targeted at youngsters. CW could set up her own Foundation promoting swimming from an early age.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Heir Apparent

CW could also give blood regularly, and promote the giving of blood.

The opportunities in Monaco are excellent: This week one can give blood on the 10th the 12th, the 17th of August, etc...

One can give blood in the Cathedral, the Socit des Bains de Mer, the Eglise Sainte Dvote, the Eglise Saint-Charles, the Centre administratif, and the Poste de Police.

The slogan of the Blood Donation centre is "Pas de sang, pas de vie" - No blood, no life.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:18 AM
Aristocracy

Just to be herself. She seems to be a quiet force. No need to talk loud and rush about everywhere. Reminds me a bit of Crownprincess Mary in that way.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

There's so much wise advice on this thread - I hope it gets read by someone close to Charlene. I agree that her presence alongside Albert will in itself generate much greater interest in Monaco, particularly if they have a family. Charlene will undoubtedly adopt patronages for a variety of institutions as they come available - I'm wondering if there are any areas that Princess Antoinette has been involved in that Charlene may take over. But at the same time she is bound to get involved with causes that she feels personally drawn towards. I guess we all hope that she won't confine herself to hosting fund raising parties for fashion celebs & the like. I personally think she will mature into a very worthy Princess of Monaco, but as other people have said, she must be allowed time to achieve this. It is well documented that Grace struggled in her early years in Monaco, but Charlene does seem to have the support of the other members of the family, & Albert appears to be more relaxed in his approach to his role than Rainier was.
Old 08-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Aristocracy

(..) She can do so many things for Monaco She can do charity Help children Fight cancer, AIDS, malaria, violence and poverty She can help to eliminate drugs, smoking and alcohol For me she's the impersonation of the Fairy Godmother that helped Cinderella to overcome all the difficulties Additionally Charlene will show to the world how a real Princess should look and behave even if she wasn't born royal Girls, take notes
Old 08-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

That may be a bit too optimistic .... even if she did only a small part of what you suggest, she'd be a star!

But let's not load too much onto her work schedule.

And some will probably not agree that she is a "real" princess. She has a very long way to go before people in general will give her the benefit of the doubt.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
Okay, so she needs to come up with an heir and a spare. But, looking back in history, this alone did not save Diana.

CW's relationship with PA is the crucial aspect. Let's hope that relationship will weather the inevitable storms.
Sorry, although Diana's death was a tragedy, I believe she made her own bed on this one -- twice. She was not smart enough NOT to marry Charles and then decided to hook up with a nobody with a questionable reputation. The fact that she provided 2 sons is moot to the whole business.

As Charlene is more worldly at her marriage than was Diana, she has a vast head start to success in her marriage. It may not work out, but I'll bet it will.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Poor Diana was a sheltered teenager with stars in her eyes...how could she have been "smart enough" to avoid marrying the Prince of Wales, whom she had dreamed of all her young life?

Charlene is much older and eons more worldly than Diana Spencer...so the margin for error will be much smaller.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Kitty and Moonmaiden, I find myself agreeing with both of you.

Yes, the margin of error is minuscule compared to the Diana situation, but the pressures may well increase, rather than decrease. PA is used to the pressures, but...

Let's hope that the two actually produce at least one heir. Again, compared to Diana (an eternal icon, by herself, and through her sons), CW's name might well be mud unless she presents Monaco and the world with a sprog or two.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Nobility

At it's simplest level she cold make her mark by simply being a true support to her husband and wider family. I think she will find a niche however in due course. Either through an existing interest of hers or something she finds out about at a later date. After all it will be her decision to raise the matter; after all due considerations and correct advice given to her; to the wider Citizenry Of The Principality and the wider world as a whole. I am quite prepared to let the passage of time be the guide here.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Gentry

She should tell her current relationship to smoking. I wish that she should stop smoking, as we have seen on the 2006 Grand Prix pictures. She could give an interview that she has done it and write a book about the process how it happened. She is owning that to the public. By smoking she will favor the nicotine drug industry, and maybe others beside it, and bad habits. I do not think she is appropriate to branches of health, health care, environment, education, youth, and good habits as long as she is smoking. She is not making fair play towards non smoking Albert who ban it at certain places in Monaco. Would be interesting she her advertising cigars on great wall papers in Monaco. She will put a shadow over her career, charisma, glamour, health, and reputation as long as she is smoking. I am looking forward to seeing a picture of her smoking as she is now engaged.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:40 AM
Gentry

She will get her livelihood from Albert who is included from the yearly budget from the state. When she is married if it happens, will she inherit the fund that Grace invented. It is only for charity reasons, and its value was one 100 million US dollars in 2005 when Albert gave an interview about his future wife to Swedish evening papers one week after the hot news about his son born out of wedlock.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanaz View Post
But isn't the press in Monaco rather tame compared to the press in other countries? I read that Ranier had surveilance cameras installed throughout Monaco so I don't think the paparazzi will harrass her on the streets of Monaco and get away with it.
Albert doesn't seem to be criticized much by the French/Monaco press.
That's true.Even when they found out about his children they treated him with respect.You all make very good points here..Charlene has a perfect chance to prove that she's capable of offering many things.As the time goes by and Monaco's crowd is getting to know her better they will eventually love and respect her as a member of this family imo.We don't know if she has Grace's communication skills but she was a great sportswoman and she seems kind (and a bit shy).

Old 08-21-2010, 01:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofiero View Post
She will put a shadow over her career, charisma, glamour, health, and reputation as long as she is smoking. I am looking forward to seeing a picture of her smoking as she is now engaged.
What?

This woman does not even have a High school degree, she bubbles a few words in French after 4 years leaving in a French-spesking country, and all you care is that she smokes?

Btw, she doenst seem to be very interested in making her mark, but in being photographed with fashionable clothes.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Are we in danger of Charlene-bashing again?

I think the issues around lack of education/French etc. have been rehearsed many times.

Perhaps you guys are right, and she isn't interested in "making her mark", but I feel she still has time to do so in the future.

I go along with you on the "clothes-horse" argument, though people in Monaco and elsewhere would expect her to keep dressing up in new frocks - for instance the "people press" and fashion writers.

I feel she needs to produce more than just looking reasonably well in designer clothes.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Serene Highness

The Monaco RF has been so tarnished for years and years that IMO she won't need to do much to appear better than what went before.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Who is anyone to decide what she must do or not do. Dressing up in designer clothes seems to be a big item these days for royals. Most have little else to give. And you are right, Angela, there isn't much she need to do in Monaco to be better.

Tags
princess charlene