The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
Also regarding the direction they go in, I think depends very much on the foundation they stand on.
I concur. Obviously, there are huge differences between Princess Grace and CW, however Grace also had detractors when she first became princess. CW just has the huge advantage of public forums - like this one - to tell her what to do, and what she is doing (or not doing) that is wrong.

I - for one - will give CW a break for a few more years to allow her to get her feet underneath her. I think, with PA beside her, she'll probably flourish, but we'll have to see.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps there is no curse to worry about !
I think the "curse" was manufactured by the press.

These are two level-headed people who won't let old stories detract from their happiness.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

ON VTM, there is a video on Charlene and we see Charlene visiting a house of Children who had no more parents in the township of Durban or Johannesbourg; We had already see her in events for children.(visiting an hospital where there is a service for ill children, it was in october, there were photos on this forum, she made a doll for a built of an hospital, she swam for the special olympics of South Africa, she raised founds for this association. She supports her sister in law Stephanie she was with her at the fightaids event, she was also at a Charity event in december 2010 for the protection of children in the internet and we saw her at the national fests with Albert ( Sainte Devote she was with him, the other years he was alone. She is not yet the princess sovereign and I think we are not used to see future princess involved before their wedding and she did it. I think she will make many things for children. But I think that for some persons here it is not enough, for them, she is lazzy, and she will go on , I think it is not usefull to try to make change their opinion on this subject
Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I don't think Charlene is very arrogant or lazy.
I agree with you Lenora. I think Charlene is not into school learning and until she was officially engaged, did not have to learn French fluently. I do think she is distant in her appearamces because of her cool public personality. She has been Prince Albert's girlfriend all these years and has stayed in the background. I don't expect Ms. Wittstock to make her mark in Monaco until she is Princess and learns her way.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that the protocole rules learn her to be reserved. In South Africa, she was far away from the court of Monaco and she was very natural.She said in the interview at Nice Matin in july that she should learn the protocol rules.Before her engagement, she was used to be in the back not in the front line and the persons who critized her because she had not a attitude of a future sovereign says now she is arrogant because now she is reserved. We could not judge on the photos which figed the persons but on a video we see how they are really. Here the language is english on this forum, and the videos are all in french and the persons which do not understand french say she is arrogant like when the bishop welcomed Charlene Wittstock at the national fest saying that it was the first time he welcomed her in the cathedral but the people of Monaco loved her already, she smiled a lot to thank him a person said here that she laughed and was arrogant, it was not the true. I already said why she is not lazzy I will not explain again, some persons thought that, not matter.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
ON VTM, there is a video on Charlene and we see Charlene visiting a house of Children who had no more parents in the township of Durban or Johannesbourg; We had already see her in events for children.(visiting an hospital where there is a service for ill children, it was in october, there were photos on this forum, she made a doll for a built of an hospital, she swam for the special olympics of South Africa, she raised founds for this association. She supports her sister in law Stephanie she was with her at the fightaids event, she was also at a Charity event in december 2010 for the protection of children in the internet and we saw her at the national fests with Albert ( Sainte Devote she was with him, the other years he was alone. She is not yet the princess sovereign and I think we are not used to see future princess involved before their wedding and she did it. I think she will make many things for children. But I think that for some persons here it is not enough, for them, she is lazzy, and she will go on , I think it is not usefull to try to make change their opinion on this subject
I think it's not usefull to try to sell her like she is the saint that has come from Heaven to save Monaco...please. If you want to belive that, go ahead.
She is a woman that does whatever it takes to get some publicity. I'm not waiting for you to believe, i already know you are in love with her and for you is perfect in everyway, but please, see this pic of her holding a baby: do you think she enjoys being there with the baby? she is only using him to get more good publicity, as many hollywood stars do,she clearly doesn't give a damn about him. She doesn't even holding him right! There's your hero.

http://i54.tinypic.com/29dz7v9.jpg

The saddest thing is that you believe all her charity work...
Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I feel a degree of sympathy with both views of CW.

However, Melina and Nathalie can't both be right - or can they??
Old 03-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Charlene Wittstock IS an angle, because she will be married to Prince Albert de Monaco!
Old 03-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Melina see beauty in people. Natalie only sees fault. It is better to see the good, as there is always going to be some bad. Charlene is lovely and will be an asset to her new country.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
Melina see beauty in people. Natalie only sees fault. It is better to see the good, as there is always going to be some bad. Charlene is lovely and will be an asset to her new country.
Err, i would correct the sentece:
Melina see beauty in Charlene Wittstock. Natalie only sees fault in Charlene Wittstock. Not in all people.
I see beauty in Jazmin Grimaldi, and Andrea Casiraghi. Melina doesn't, ask her.
But yes, it's not secret that she sees beauty in Charlene and i don't.
And I don't know, and you don't know and nobody knows if Charlene is an asset to Monaco until she proves it.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Let's get back on topic...What Charlene Can do to make her mark on Monaco?

Old 03-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm hoping she will make her mark by being a good wife, mother and princess. I can't see why she would be any less effective than other royals at ribbon cuttings and other appearances of that type.

Charlene doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. Just like you and me.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

To make her mark in Monaco, Charlene should first and foremost ignore all the hatred and suspicion thrown at her. Be yourself girl, and look at life with joy and positivity. That way, you acquire a healthy view on life, and be able to channel her energies with the best of intentions.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Gentry

firstly she has to be a good wife and mother.
Heir and spare
The rest will work its self out.
She must avoid the boredom that grace and diana and mary suffered.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Well, I'm hoping she will make her mark by being a good wife, mother and princess. I can't see why she would be any less effective than other royals at ribbon cuttings and other appearances of that type.

Charlene doesn't need to prove anything to anybody. Just like you and me.

Well it doesn't seem to me like you are making a strong case for Charlene here. I don't know if that was your intention, but if the Palace reads your post, I hope they understand what very small expectations that even her fans have of her.

And no not "just like you and me", Charlene's title means she represents the people of Monaco, including Albert and the Grimaldi family name. That title is meant to represent a certain reverence, at least in Monaco anyway, and so that title should be something Albert and his wife is worthy of (at least liked). I for one would be pretty embarrassed to have Charlene's history and character, so perhaps like you, but not like me--please don't equate your own ideas with me. People prove themselves everyday by the way they live their lives and the choices they make in it, and the most common person has to prove themselves in many ways all the time and that should be that much more true for someone that will be in Charlene's position, especially when she so greatly wants to be revered for something . And being a good wife and good mother should be expected of anyone that is, so again that not much of an expectation? So if only that and cutting ribbons is all that you think Charlene has to offer, then your own expectations of what should be required of her is pretty low or rather non existent?

You are exactly right about one thing though, and that is Albert has never required of Charlene to prove herself in anyway, not once in anything, so why would she, or anyone who thinks like her, expect she is going to have to now after the fact? After Charlene has already received what she wanted, and only Albert will pay the price for that, a very big price!

Charlene's new title is only going to attract that much more scrutiny of Charlene's character (it isn't going to excuse it), and people want to know what kind of "person" Charlene is first, before they care what kind of princess she's going to be, or consider what she can do for Monaco? That is why it is so hard not to speak of it--it is everything! What Charlene can do for Monaco has everything to do with what kind of person Charlene is and what kind of person she has shown herself to be in her life and the choices she has made in it?

I don't understand why people think a woman at the age of 30 plus, should wait until she gets a title to start to show some integrity and character, or how anyone could believe a title would make the transformation? What Charlene can do for Monaco, has everything to do with how convincing she is and what people are willing to believe of her.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
I concur. Obviously, there are huge differences between Princess Grace and CW, however Grace also had detractors when she first became princess. CW just has the huge advantage of public forums - like this one - to tell her what to do, and what she is doing (or not doing) that is wrong.

I - for one- will give CW a break for a few more years to allow her to get her feet underneath her. I think, with PA beside her, she'll probably flourish, but we'll have to see.

Hi SMDouglas, IMO Grace's detractor's were detractor's for a very different reason--It was the 50's, she was American, a Hollywood actress and they didn't know what to make of that?

They did not have the benefit of judging Grace first hand or on knowing much about her in a personal way....they did not have the opportunity in judging her, by watching her live as a kept women in their own front yard for four or five long years on Albert's arm, or the benefit of watching Charlene quite presumptuously to have (for years) pranced around Monaco and the rest of the world as some kind of representative of them, and as if she was already the Princess of Monaco. They did not have the benefit of Grace unlike Charlene, giving interviews and promoting herself (for years) as the mock princess of Monaco everywhere she could....while and for being Albert's kept women, and sometimes quite literally, when she describes her fortunate life and lifestyle at Albert's expense. I could say a lot more about her posts on these forums that is the most troubling of all for me, but I think there are plenty of other things without that to point to, as to why the people of Monaco (her words) and the rest of the world have a problem with Charlene. They have not only had more than plenty of time, but Charlene has given them much to pass judgment on her for...unlike Grace. People have had the opportunity in Monaco and elsewhere to meet and personally experience Charlene....unlike Grace. If Charlene has a bad reputation, she earned hers...unlike Grace.

Grace at 26 stepped off a boat and straight into the role. Charlene, who more than any other Royal girlfriend has had years and years not just to observe the life up close that she might expect to live, but the opportunity to have already been living it! Unlike anyone else, Charlene has had more than enough time and opportunity, much more than any other royal girlfriend has ever had, or will probably ever have in the future! So, not only does Charlene have zero excuses for being so presumptuous in being still so unprepared for the role and well below the curve of most average woman--she has in fact had every advantage to have already mastered this role.
Old 03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Heir Apparent

What exactly do you find lacking in her character that seems to irritate you so much? As far as I know she has not committed murder or theft or any other crimes. She hasn't stolen another womans husband? She hasnt become pregnant out of wedlock. She hasnt been in any tabloid scandals.

She has had a career as an elite athlete, setting national records, competing internationally and medaling at the Commonwealth Games. That certainly demonstrates an ability to focus and set goals and work to achieve those golas. She has been in a relationship with one man for over 5 years and is now engaged to that man. Can't say I would call either of those traits character flaws in anyone.
Grace had the advantage of living in a different era. Even in Holywood not everything was written about. As one wag said "Grace may not have stolen anyones husbnad but she certainly borrowed a few", but that wasn't known about in Monaco when she arrived. Grace was as human as the rest of us, but she was no saint. She had her shortcomings just like everyone else but I still admired her. It took many years before she fully involved herself in Monaco and became accepted accepted by the Monagasques as something other than Rainiers wife.
I think we can allow Charlene the same opportunity to grow from girlfriend to fiancee to Princess Consort.
JMO.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Aristocracy

What mastery of role is expected of Charlene at this time anyway? The issue would be valid if we were discussing this five years after she married the prince.

Being a Princess Consort is a work in progress. It took even the Princess Grace years to feel comfortable in her role. What worked for her is the fact that she was an Oscar-winning actress who had that talent to go into character, represent her principality with full wattage glamour and beauty without revealing any hint of insecurity or unhappiness that she had especially during the early years.

Also, what applied to Grace should not be imposed on anyone else. Grace was or is, simply, that rare, superior human being. How she learned, how she adapted, how she won the hearts of the Monegasques ... you can only marvel at how she did it.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
What exactly do you find lacking in her character that seems to irritate you so much? As far as I know she has not committed murder or theft or any other crimes. She hasn't stolen another womans husband? She hasnt become pregnant out of wedlock. She hasnt been in any tabloid scandals.

She has had a career as an elite athlete, setting national records, competing internationally and medaling at the Commonwealth Games. That certainly demonstrates an ability to focus and set goals and work to achieve those golas. She has been in a relationship with one man for over 5 years and is now engaged to that man. Can't say I would call either of those traits character flaws in anyone.
Grace had the advantage of living in a different era. Even in Holywood not everything was written about. As one wag said "Grace may not have stolen anyones husbnad but she certainly borrowed a few", but that wasn't known about in Monaco when she arrived. Grace was as human as the rest of us, but she was no saint. She had her shortcomings just like everyone else but I still admired her. It took many years before she fully involved herself in Monaco and became accepted accepted by the Monagasques as something other than Rainiers wife.
I think we can allow Charlene the same opportunity to grow from girlfriend to fiancee to Princess Consort.
JMO.
mine as well

Bravo!
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
What mastery of role is expected of Charlene at this time anyway? The issue would be valid if we were discussing this five years after she married the prince.

Being a Princess Consort is a work in progress. It took even the Princess Grace years to feel comfortable in her role. What worked for her is the fact that she was an Oscar-winning actress who had that talent to go into character, represent her principality with full wattage glamour and beauty without revealing any hint of insecurity or unhappiness that she had especially during the early years.

Also, what applied to Grace should not be imposed on anyone else. Grace was or is, simply, that rare, superior human being. How she learned, how she adapted, how she won the hearts of the Monegasques ... you can only marvel at how she did it.
It really is unfortunate that Charlene will be compared to Princess Grace always. I kind of get the feeling it is like Kate will always be compared to Princess Diana. It is hard when the previous holder of your title (well future in the case of Kate as she will not be POW yet), died relatively young and still at height of popularity. Both were icons to their people, much beloved, and we remember their good years. We don't remember those awkward first years when they settled into their roles, and adapted to a new life.

I believe given time Charlene will adapt to her new role. Will she be the next Grace? No. But who could be?

Tags
princess charlene