The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathalie Cox

Heir Presumptive
City
in a corner of ...
Country
Argentina
I was wondering about Charlene's family. I've seen pics of her brother, but not of her mum and/or dad. Anybody has pics or info?

All I know is their names, Lynette and Mike and that they still I think live in SA.

Thanks Lumutqueen!
I've been searching for pics (of her brother) but i can't find anything. But i know i've seen him! He went to the Grand Prix gala, i think? Maybe in the that thread i can find him.

Thank you :flowers:
He is good looking.
I hope we'll see more of him and her parents as the time goes. The only sure thing is that we'll see them at the wedding.

When it comes to the weddding maybe, but I don't imagine we'd see them much after.

Her mom and Dad are Mike and Lynette Wittstock, they live in South Africa. He is a computer analysist, she a former competitive diver. Charlene has two younger brothers, Gavlin (b. 1980?) <he attended the Amber Lounge Fashion show with her in 2010>and Sean (b. 1983).
She was born in Zimbabwe, and moved to South Africa when she was 10. Charlene attended the Tom Newby primary school in Benoni, South Africa.
Other than that, I'm not finding much about them. but like Lumutqueen said-I don't think we'll hear much about them until the wedding, and then after that, maybe nothing until Charlene and Albert have children, and nothing after that.

CW's brothers are called Gareth and Sean

Charlene's father is Mike Wittstock (b. on 8th Ferbruary 1948) owns a little firm which sells computers. Her mother, Lynette (b. in 1957)is a former professional swimmer and competitive driver. She was only 20 when Charlene was born. She has two brothers Gareth (b. 1979) and Sean (b. 1983). He works for his father. Charlene's family has German descent. Her great-great grandparents emigrated from Mecklenburg- Vorpomerrn (from a city near Hamburg) because the were poor peasants who couldn't earn so much mooney. They believed in a better life and they settled down in East London in the British colony ( now called Zimbabwe). As Charlene describes Wittstock family is a well united, hard working family.

Just a small correction - Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is an area north of Berlin, and it borders on Poland.

Thanks Lumutqueen!
I've been searching for pics (of her brother) but i can't find anything. But i know i've seen him! He went to the Grand Prix gala, i think? Maybe in the that thread i can find him.
You might be able to find pics of Garthe there or at the Amber Fashion show this year-I think he sat next to her at either or both events. Not sure if he just attended the Gala or also attended the Grand Prix with his sister and her future family....

Have not seen photos of her parents. No family photos of Charlene and her sibilings, and parents. Why???

I expect they might want to retain a little bit of privacy before "the big day".

Compare the Swedish wedding - I bet very few people outside Sweden would have known who Prince Daniel's parents and siblings were.

Have not seen photos of her parents. No family photos of Charlene and her sibilings, and parents. Why???

Why because none have been released or found by the press.
Her brother Gareth has attened one event in Monaco, I don't see why we should see her parents until before the wedding.

Why because none have been released or found by the press.
Her brother Gareth has attened one event in Monaco, I don't see why we should see her parents until before the wedding.
Actually there are photos of the family. Charlene with her parents. If people really want to see photos and know about the relationship between Charlene and her family go back to first thread in 2006 and follow it to the next one. There is a photo of her grandmother standing in front of the refrigerator with photos of Charlene on it taken by the tabloid when they interviewed her. There is a photo of her father and brother taken during an interview with a Tabloid and her father asked was she happy in Monaco because they hadn't heard from her or seen her in over a year. Its all been posted you just need to look for it. She also said in an interview she hadn't seen or spoken to them in sometime. There is a PR campaign going on right now to make Charlene look better however, you can't change the truth. I won't be surprised to heard her interview insulted some of the Monégasques.

Well no recent pictures then.
I can't imagine she hasn't spoke to them for a year.

LadyMacAlpine that's a nice photo, thanks.
I didn't know that she supposedly don't have contact with her parents for some time now. What her father said, about how she is doing in Monaco, is odd.

Do we have any sources that support this estrangement?

Even if she had not seen her parents for a while, there is always the telephone, and, as onlookers, we can only hope or surmise when and how often they had been in contact. But is this really our business ??

Do we have any sources that support this estrangement?
It was all posted on this board. A former mod tbhrc I recall posted the article on the grandmother. The article with her father and brother with photos was Aktuelle February 2, 2008, so I was off when that was. I posted the cover. Albert and Charlenes Relationship as many of the older articles and photo linksits no longer readable. I did go through the old threads to locate photos where people can get the old interviews by Charlene. Gareth now visits her about the time of the Grand Prix He also posted photos on his Facebook account.

They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??

According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta

Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law :lol:

Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law :lol:
That makes her a year older than Albert.

I would like to know how Albert feels dating and then marrying the daughter of someone who is basically his age. This whole thing with Albert does not look good-- to me anyway.

They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??

I don't know about that. They sounds like normal parents whose daughter/son has been dating a particular person for a long period of time and they don't understand why there isn't or hasnt been a wedding.

I spoke with a client last week and we were talking about planning a vacation for next year, and I said...is there any family event that we need to block off for your vacation, and she said...my son is engaged but we don't need to worry about that. Leading me to think that either she didn't think the relationship was going to last or they have been engaged for a bit and a wedding date is not in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom