The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^
NGalitzine, That's SEAN, not Gareth.

madrid, here's my answer:
Gareth's girlfriend, Roisin Galvin (you know, the pretty blonde in the green dress on his arm at the Red Cross Ball this year), lives in an apartment in Monaco. Gareth lives with her. Other than that, and supporting his sister, he's serving no purpose in Monaco.
Sean is getting his helicopter license so he can fly his big sister and brother in law around when they visit, and living in South Africa with his girlfriend Chantal in South Africa.
Mike has some new business ventures in France/Monaco now, so it seems as if Lynette (whom we've never seen without Mike or her boys, so I HIGHLY doubt she's living there on her own at all-just a frequent visitor like Mike. I heard they were renting a place in Roque-Martin (I think), France prior to the wedding, but have moved into the La Turbie, France area I guess.) and Mike are spending more time in Monaco than SA these days. M&L attended Charlene's event in La Turbie in September.

So we know a lot more about Charlene's family than few years ago.
Gareth and Lynette live in the Monaco 's area and Wittstock Papa and Sean stay in South Africa. Her family is divided. If it is not a problem for them I don't care. I can understand Gareth that he moved to Monaco He has better chance to live and reach his goals in Monaco. His sister is H.S. H. Princess of Monaco. Maybe he wanted to move or Charlene invited him to live in that city. He got a job and made the step. Lynette is an initial friend of Charlene. I believe Charlene has a struggle to do her best.
She has a lot of work to furfill her duties. It is very hard to adapt Princess position. I don't think she has a lot of real friends in Monaco who support her, comfort her or encourage her when she needs it. Lynette is retired and maybe Michael can take care of himself. I also believe that he is retired too and now Sean runs the family business.
Well, according to articles I have read in other royal forums entire family moved to MC or near Monaco. Charlene's dad quit his job in SA and moved to/near Monaco after Charlene's mom. Sean is seen in Monaco all the time, same Gareth. Again, they are all retired. :whistling: I have not seen any other royal family, at least in Europe, where princess or prince consort's parents and siblings move permanently to their child/sibling new country or abandon their jobs and decide to live off royal family. The Wittstocks are unique.;)

Last edited:
Is there any reason why a private family like the Wittstocks should report on their private living arrangements, their employment status or their finances? I certainly cannot think of a valid reason other than to perhaps satisfy the curiosity of total strangers.
I seem the recall Alexandra Manleys parents moving to Denmark when she married Prince Joachim, indeed they were still living at his estate after the divorce and up to the time of his 2nd marriage, so there is some precedence. Not that it should matter one way or the other where private citizens chose to live.

Well, according to articles I have read in other royal forums entire family moved to MC or near Monaco. Charlene's dad quit his job in SA and moved to/near Monaco after Charlene's mom. Sean is seen in Monaco all the time, same Gareth. Again, they are all retired. :whistling: I have not seen any other royal family, at least in Europe, where princess or prince consort's parents and siblings move permanently to their child/sibling new country or abandon their jobs and decide to live off royal family. The Wittstocks are unique.;)

Do you have anything to support your statement that the Wittstock's are living off the princely family?

Really, its a wonder that anyone would want to marry into a rich, royal or well connected family unless you come from the same cloth. The motive and action of everything you as well as your family is questioned.

Last edited:
Monaco and even southern France are not cheap. There were articles in French media and SA papers, I read them on other royal forums, stating that Charlene's parents and Gareth live in/near MC and Sean goes there often. These people don't work, again based on French articles I read on other royal boards, so how they can support themselves? The Wittstocks are not like Grimaldis, they were working class people (nothing wrong with that), so they cannot live from trusts, funds, estates like e.g. Grimaldis and other ritches, to support themselves. It is also known that Charlene's parents and Gareth live at homes belonging to Grimaldis. So, based on those facts I strongly believe they live off the Grimaldi family.

:previous: So based on other forums, French articles, what we know to be the cost of living in Monaco/France, what we don't know about the financial background of the Wittstocks (unlike most of the world maybe if they had savings didn't lose any in the financial melton) in regards to 401K's, pensions, etc....we have now progressed from them definitely living off the Grimaldi's to possibly living off the Grimaldi's.

Okay....

At this point, I am totally in agreement with NGalitzine...they are private citizens and its really none of our (or at least mine) if they live off Albert, are going into debt trying to living in Monaco or won the Mega Millions. As long as they aren't living off the Monaco tax payer...what difference does it make? One thing for sure, being the inlaws of Albert and staying in South Africa, (or really anywhere the States, England, etc.) could make them easy targets for the paps, kidnappings, etc. Its probably safer for them to be in Monaco or France.

This discussion certainly reminds me of other royal in laws --- there has been loads of discussion questioning the motives and actions of Masako's family in Japan, the Fergusons, Middletons, Spencers AND Mountbattens in England, Mathilde's family in Belgium, Alexandra and Mary's family in Denmark, Maxima in the Netherlands, etc. So I guess in that respect ---- the Wittstocks are in good company.

Last edited:
:previous:
Couldn't agree more. The Wittstocks are not public figures. Who knows what their private financial situation is, and quite frankly it's not our business either. I'm sure given Mike's incident in February (the attack of the thieves when he was coming home after visiting Charlene in Durban) that Albert provides them with a private security service like he does for Jazmin, Tamara, Nicole and Alexandre. They are *technically* his family after all.

He has to provide security to all these people? The prince´s affaires are costing a fortune to the citizens of Monaco!

I read in several blogs that they live in the south of France, adn I don´t believe they can afford that. Maybe it is just part of the contract that´s been widely rumored. Remember that, as she said, in 6 years she could just make 2 friends in Monaco. I suppose she needs her family "support".

Rosana, you're forgetting Albert's net worth is upwords of a Billion+ and there is no income tax in Monaco-so it doesn't cost them anything. If you were in his postion, wouldn't you provide security for your children, their mothers, and your wife's family-especially with the risks of kidnappings, hijacking, robberies, etc? #justsayin'

Last edited:
Sure, everyone would act that way.
But some people only believe in what they wanna believe and don't care for other facts.
And one fact is for sure.
The criminal rate in South Africa is extremely high.

Family Wittstock do not live on the taxes of Monaco, there are no taxes in Monaco. We never see the family of Princess Charlene apart the wedding and when the gala of the red cross when Gareth and his girlfriend are the guests of the prince at the honor table;
During the wedding, there were not many members of the family. Mother father and the two brothers.
When Gareth, charlene's brother went to watch the football team of Monaco ASM, he is never in the lodge of honor but in the public.
Last year, during the national fest of Monaco, Point De Vue said that her mother her brother and girlfriend were in the crowd to wave the princely family of Monaco and Charlene of course

It doesn't matter Melina.

They could have stayed inside the palace the entire time and never been seen to anyone but the family and the staff and people will have issues with it. Which is their right but whatever. As previously mentioned other royal in laws have taken part in royal occasions (Sophie, Countess of Wessex's father has participated in Ascot and even rode in the carriages for years) and it never raises a hullabaloo. Just a few questions......is that Sophie's dad. But other families do it and its a big thing, and all of a sudden they are too big for their britches. Mary's sisters and brothers don't come from Australia to Denmark often (most likely because of the cost and their private lives) and people wonder why Mary just doesn't pay for it. To some the glass is always half empty with water taken from someone else's well.

And I reckon that if Albert had let his children, their mothers and wife's family to their own devices and they were harassed by the paps, harmed or kidnapped or even just left alone to fend for themselves we would then hear that Albert is heartless, doesn't care about anyone but himself, well that shows what he thinks of his wife's family, etc. Its a never ending saga.

Last edited:
Sure, everyone would act that way.
But some people only believe in what they wanna believe and don't care for other facts.
And one fact is for sure.
The criminal rate in South Africa is extremely high.

Very true. I remember in an interview by Mike Wittstock he claimed the family-himself, Lynette and their boys- was in limbo about whether or not to move to Monaco because of that reason.

It doesn't matter Melina.

And I reckon that if Albert had let his children, their mothers and wife's family to their own devices and they were harassed by the paps, harmed or kidnapped or even just left alone to fend for themselves we would then hear that Albert is heartless, doesn't care about anyone but himself, well that shows what he thinks of his wife's family, etc. Its a never ending saga.

BINGO. 6 in one hand, half dozen in the other, either way Albert looses-he's either a heartless, selfish, inconsiderate man or too over protective and wasting "tax payer money" (that he doesn't even live off of, I don't think-I think the Princely family lives off what is revenue from the tourists and other business ventures (SBM, etc)? Someone wanna call me on that?). There's nothing in the middle.

:previous:
Couldn't agree more. The Wittstocks are not public figures. Who knows what their private financial situation is, and quite frankly it's not our business either. I'm sure given Mike's incident in February (the attack of the thieves when he was coming home after visiting Charlene in Durban) that Albert provides them with a private security service like he does for Jazmin, Tamara, Nicole and Alexandre. They are *technically* his family after all.
This is also the first time I have heard the mothers were provided for security.
Sean Wittstock has given an interview.
Sean Wittstock’s glamorous new life | YOU
From the article and it says nothing about security.
His phone is bugged for his protection and he must obey royal rules when it comes to his private life, which means no Facebook or Twitter profiles.
The Wittstocks have to maintain decorum at all times so there’s no getting tipsy in public. It’s probably a small price to pay to live such a luxurious life.

This is also the first time I have heard the mothers were provided for security. From the article and it says nothing about security.

Look at Jazmin's graduation pics. There are a few of just her mom, arriving and getting ready to sit for the ceremony and talking with a guy who is clearly a security guard. Nicole has been seen out and about with hers as well, shopping in Paris (8th row down, also in the last row.)
If Albert's kids are getting security, why shouldn't their mothers? After all, if something should happen to the mothers, the care of the kids is on him. ;)

^

Gareth's girlfriend, Roisin Galvin (you know, the pretty blonde in the green dress on his arm at the Red Cross Ball this year), lives in an apartment in Monaco. Gareth lives with her.

Does anyone know anything about Gareth's girlfriend. ? "Roisin Galvin" - the name sounds very Irish. ! ?

A french newspaper said that Roisin Galvin was english but this name is more irish than english.
But we have not many news on Gareth and her girlfriend. We saw the couple attending the concerts of the Eagle and at the concert of Jean Michel Jarre, at the gala of the wedding. after we saw them with the principel couple and Cariline and Stephanie at the red cross gala .

A french newspaper said that Roisin Galvin was english but this name is more irish than english.
But we have not many news on Gareth and her girlfriend. We saw the couple attending the concerts of the Eagle and at the concert of Jean Michel Jarre, at the gala of the wedding. after we saw them with the principel couple and Cariline and Stephanie at the red cross gala .

Thanks, melina. :flowers:

Maybe she is English but with Irish ancestry, grand-parents. ? Yes, the name is very Irish especially "Roisin".

Charlene's father Michael Wittstock has been in Germany last weekend!

He attended the Grand Week Baden-Baden horseracing event on August 25.
Here he is pictured with Baden-Baden Racing President Andreas Jacobs:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Mike Wittstock attended a press conference in Monaco on May 7, 2013, ahead the WBA Super Lightweight fight between WBA Super Lightweight World Champion, Khabib Allakhverdiev of Russia, and France's Souleymane M Baye, taking place, next July 13, 2013, in Monaco. Mike Wittstock is the promoter of this WBA Super Lightweight World fight.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

OMG, who ARE these people and how suitable is their daughter to be a princess ???

And who are you? That is his job. Grace's family were bricklayers. The Grimaldis were pirates and thieves. Stephanie has a checkered past as does her sister. Let us not go into this "royal" family or any other for that matter. We are all people.

And who are you? That is his job. Grace's family were bricklayers. The Grimaldis were pirates and thieves. Stephanie has a checkered past as does her sister. Let us not go into this "royal" family or any other for that matter. We are all people.

and Albert has two illegitimate children and God knows how many more out there.Their ancestors were not pirates, they descended from a great Genoese family, Otto Canella.The founder of the Monaco branch of the family was just trying to recapture the rock that already belonged to them even before.The pirate thing is just perpetuated by lazy journalism like Daily Mail or tabloids.

Last edited:
OMG, who ARE these people and how suitable is their daughter to be a princess ???

To answer your question, they are decent, ordinary middle-class folks without any sordid scandals in their past. And if that's a bad thing in your books -- that makes PC 'unsuitable' for her role -- well, I guess that's your problem.

I find it interesting that in countries where people are fairly modern/educated that they still sometimes hold to these ideas that someone's genetics make them better than any other person.

Genetics don't many anyone more 'noble' or their blood any 'bluer'.

LaRae

Back
Top Bottom