The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Family members of commoners that marry into royalty always will be watched and treated like persons of interest. The Wittstocks and Middletons live near their daughters and the press will always report on anything they do. Other women that have married in to royalty, Princess Mary of Denmark, Queen Maxima of Holland have family that live outside of Europe and heir family members might not always be in Denmark or Holland. Princess Letizia of Spain and Princess Mette-Marit of Norway also have family that live in the same country where they will one day become queen consort and the press has hounded them and reported stories about Princess Letizia's sister's troubles and sensationalized the family situations of Princess Mette-Marit's family.

The press has not unearthed any scandal regarding Princess Charlene's family. They are commoners, working class people, honest people without noble pedigree or title. Ernst of Hanover had impeccable lineage. His cousins are Queen Sophia of Spain, King Constantine of Greece and so on. Even though his family had its share of gossiped about situations, he is a prince and that made him ok to marry other nobility. Commoners-stay-put-and-do-not-go-above-your-station is an old snob attitude that will not die.

Regarding the above criticism, Mike Wittstock was invited to a boxing match. No doubt because promoters want "celebrities" there. Nightclubs do this also. Invite someone known, have photos takenand promote their club. Guys talk about sports. It is a guy thing. Mike was being interviewed about boxing. Someone put a microphone in his hand and he commented on boxing. The Wittstocks and Middletons can's stay inside of their homes all day. They go out, enjoy life and are photographed. If the Middletons or Wittstocks were giving interviews about royalty and making comments and observations about politics, royalty and the economy etc.......then that would be quite odd. But attending a boxing match or enjoying an invitation to a horse race, who cares?

Last edited:
CONGRATULATIONS on another wedding in the family! :cheers: :heart1: :fireworks:

And the article brought a tear to my eye, so lovely and heartwarming to see how close Princess Charlene is to her immediate family, especially her grandmother (tears) and her baby brother and his wife. :flowers:

The pictures are stunning, especially of Charlene, I've honestly never seen a woman wear short hair so very splendidly (with the exception of Halle Berry's recent hairdo in France). Makes me want to get one just like Charlene, la verdad! :cool:

ps:South Africa sounds wonderful, would love to visit it one day

Congratulations,she looks very happy being in her country and with the people that she love.Weddings are beautiful.

Photos of this wedding with some photos of Charlene

Johannesburg Wedding Photographer, Gauteng Wedding Photographers, Centurion Wedding Photographer, Pretoria Wedding Photography, South African wedding photography Oakfield Farm wedding | Sean and Chantell Wittstock

The old woman in grey is the other grandmother of Charlene , the mother of her mother Lynette. There was a photo of this lovely lady on the local look benoni during the reception of the wedding of Albert and Charlene in Durban.
Charlene and her bro look alike in the photos.. may they live long and be happy

Does anybody have pics of the baby? Date of birth and name, please!

I wonder why Victoria S. was invited! She seems to be everywhere! Beautiful pics though, for a happy occasion!
I know that the other brother of Charlene had a baby too but can't find anything

I know princess Charlene was born in Rhodesia in a family of mixed British/German descent. I also know her native language is English. However, since she grew up in South Africa, I wonder if she also speaks Afrikaans. Does anyone know ?

Also, has she learned French since moving to Monaco ?

I know princess Charlene was born in Rhodesia in a family of mixed British/German descent. I also know her native language is English. However, since she grew up in South Africa, I wonder if she also speaks Afrikaans. Does anyone know ?

Also, has she learned French since moving to Monaco ?

Well, she 12 when she moved to South Africa so she would have started learning Afrikaans then as it was still compulsory I think (it was the dying days of apartheid) - maybe one of the South African posters could say. I know friends of mine had to pass Afrikaans to get the school leaving certificate and get into university but they are a few years older than Charlene. I've no idea what kind of level she has but she isn't a natural language learner - after nearly a decade in Monaco her French is still pretty basic.

IIRC, she mentioned in a pre-wedding interview that she and Albert conversed in English. When asked whether she spoke any Afrikaans, she said laughing only some certain words when she was agitated and/or angry.

Mike Wittstock said in an interview that there are twins in the family of the mother of Charlene . and we can read in this article that it is true, there are twins in the family of lynette Wittstock

I also learned that one of the sister of princess Grace had twins girls.

There are twins in the family of Albert and Charlene. I am no more surprised if Charlene and Albert had twins.

Nice to see P Charlene's other brother for a change too. A really nice picture of the younger Wittstock brother and his family. And the little boy is named Raigen. Sounds Irish?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

From the blog of Victoria Silvstedt, 18th July:
I was at the palace in Monaco, where Robbie Williams had a private concert ... was with my friend Roisin and her boyfriend Gareth who is the brother of Princess Charlene. Last night we had a bachelorette party in Monaco for her ... The wedding is September 4 in Cap Ferrat !!
http://bloggar.expressen.se/victoriasilvstedt/files/2015/07/IMG_7081.jpg
http://bloggar.expressen.se/victoriasilvstedt/files/2015/07/IMG_7452.jpg
http://bloggar.expressen.se/victoriasilvstedt/files/2015/07/IMG_7558.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't know they were getting married, congratulations to the couple!

Another wedding coming up! Happy that Gareth and Roisin are finally tying the knot too.

A late summer wedding in Cap Ferrat sounds lovely!;)

I wish her happy birthday then! I really hope she will soon receive a visit from her granddaughter!

Aww, happy birthday to Granny Wittstock. Not many people live to be 94 years old. Let's hope she'll get to see her greatgrand children soon!

Where does Princess Charlene´s family live? If I understand well, her brother Sean and his family and Charlene´s father live still in South Africa and her mother and brother Gareth with his family live in Monaco. Is it true?

Back
Top Bottom