The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did Charlene's grandmother attend the wedding in Monaco? Any other relations besides her immediate family?

No, her grandmother is very old and frail, and could not make the long journey. Here's an interesting story from a local newspaper: Princess Charlene's Grandmother Celebrates Wedding in Benoni

It was reported that other family members from SA and the UK would be attending, but I unfortunately can't confirm this. Her family seems to be very media shy, which is probably a good thing -- considering how cruel the media can be. I did think her mom was very beautiful and stylish at the wedding, and her brothers so handsome... They seem to be a nice, very ordinary family.

Granny Wittstock will be 90 on August 12th. Her name is Sylvia.

I think the boys will have acclimatised to their new lifestyle by now !
It's a pity that Daddy Wittstock is still in SA, though.

Did you consider for a moment how their lives have changed –– and will never be the same again? The compromises they have had to make? Yes, marrying into a wealthy family certainly has it's benefits, but marrying into this specific family (the Grimaldis) comes at a price. They will never be able to 'fly under the radar' again, so to speak. Their every move will be criticized. PA obviously considers Charlene's happiness, and the importance of having her own family close for support. You don't know anything about them –– except that there are no skeletons in their closets for you to make snide remarks about. So I guess this is the best you can do. But wait, this is your business, why?

Last edited by a moderator:
This family is now just like the middletons= their daughter married a royal and they now have some connection to the royal family.

This family is now just like the middletons= their daughter married a royal and they now have some connection to the royal family.

That unfairly diminishes Charlene's accomplishments a bit though. Was Kate distinguished before she met William? Did she become distinguished during the years she dated him? No. Charlene might not have much schooling, but she become a fantastic enough swimmer to be able to compete in the Olympics. Even Grace's family was distinguished before she became a princess: an Olympian and a Broadway playwright and, of course, Grace had her own Hollywood career.

I hardly ever watch the Olympics, but the athletes who compete in them seem to stress that it takes hard work and sacrifice from the whole family (well, the parents at least) to get the athlete to that level. And, so I have credit the Wittstocks for that, and put them above the Middletons.

Plus, I imagine the Grimaldis are probably used to shacking up their long-distance relatives/in-laws by now. (The Robert Lacey biography I have on Grace mentioned it was a habit of hers to let her relatives come and stay, in times of need or not.)

Is this going to become a "The Wittstocks as compared to the Middletons" thread ??

I hope not.

No its not.

I believe Grandduchess24 meant that the Wittstocks are like the Middletons because their daughter married into royalty or princely family, and as a result of such connections....there is an increased interest in them via the press and places such as TRF.

There is no need to go further than that IMO.

Did you consider for a moment how their lives have changed –– and will never be the same again? The compromises they have had to make? Yes, marrying into a wealthy family certainly has it's benefits, but marrying into this specific family (the Grimaldis) comes at a price. They will never be able to 'fly under the radar' again, so to speak. Their every move will be criticized. PA obviously considers Charlene's happiness, and the importance of having her own family close for support. You don't know anything about them –– except that there are no skeletons in their closets for you to make snide remarks about. So I guess this is the best you can do. But wait, this is your business, why?

And what do you know about them to be so sure? Do her brothers have a job? Do you know how much it costs to maintain an appartment in Monaco? Of course we shouldn´t care because it´s not our money, is it?

I have never heard before that almost the entire family of a woman who marries a prince moves to her new country. Poor Grace if she had enjoyed that benefit, but I guess the Kellys had their businesses in America.
Look at the Zorreguietas, Maxima´s siblings do not have much problem, people are not interested in them, we almost do not hear of them. If they lived on the Queen´s income that would be a scandal in The Netherlands, but they have a job of course.
If you could tell me what do CW brothers do for a living I would probably change my mind about them, but it looks like the Wittstock´s are not exactly hard working people. Bring her family for support?? CW has lived in Monaco for years. Now all of a sudden she needs support?

If you could tell me what do CW brothers do for a living I would probably change my mind about them, but it looks like the Wittstock´s are not exactly hard working people. Bring her family for support?? CW has lived in Monaco for years. Now all of a sudden she needs support?
Her father, Mr. Michael Wittstock, was born in 1946 and is actually a sales manager. Her mother, Mrs. Lynette Wittstock (1959), is a retired swimming instructor. Ms. Wittstock has two brothers: Gareth (1982), a computer technician; and Sean (1983), a sales rep. Source I have read this a few times.

And what do you know about them to be so sure? Do her brothers have a job? Do you know how much it costs to maintain an appartment in Monaco? Of course we shouldn´t care because it´s not our money, is it?

I have never heard before that almost the entire family of a woman who marries a prince moves to her new country. Poor Grace if she had enjoyed that benefit, but I guess the Kellys had their businesses in America.
Look at the Zorreguietas, Maxima´s siblings do not have much problem, people are not interested in them, we almost do not hear of them. If they lived on the Queen´s income that would be a scandal in The Netherlands, but they have a job of course.

You're absolutely right. It is none of your business because it's not your money. And you know what? I can assure you they don'tcare what you think about them. And please don't drag Crown Princess Maxima's family into this. That would be opening a can of worms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her father, Mr. Michael Wittstock, was born in 1946 and is actually a sales manager. Her mother, Mrs. Lynette Wittstock (1959), is a retired swimming instructor. Ms. Wittstock has two brothers: Gareth (1982), a computer technician; and Sean (1983), a sales rep. Source I have read this a few times.

And the source is the palace of Monaco? Thanks but as regards CW it´s not reliable to me. They also state she qualified for the Olimpics, which is FALSE
Charlene Wittstock Biography and Olympic Results | Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
Please see what I put in bold red type. I picked the first source I came to because I am now wearing braces on both arms and need several operations. Sean also works with his father and that is not from the Palace but from a article posted before from SA. You have been a member since 2006 don't you recall we (members) discussed this before?

Please see what I put in bold red type. I picked the first source I came to because I am now wearing braces on both arms and need several operations. Sean also works with his father and that is not from the Palace but from a article posted before from SA. You have been a member since 2006 don't you recall we (members) discussed this before?

I couldn´t care less what he did in 2006 or before the wedding. If they live in Monaco now, they do not support themselves with a computer technitian income.

:previous: I wouldn't be so sure. A lot of computer techs can work remote now...... I have worked with people who get access to my computer remotely to help me with my computer issues.

And if that is not the case, whose to say that he can't work in Monaco.....what are the requirements for documented foreign workers in Monaco and/or France.

I couldn´t care less what he did in 2006 or before the wedding. If they live in Monaco now, they do not support themselves with a computer technitian income.
Gareth lives in Monaco and is the computer tech you have that mixed up. I said Sean works with his father in SA. The 2006 was in reference to you not them. To think I thought I was being nice responding to your post. Have a nice day.

:previous:

Check out Princess Charlene's current events thread on that. It's already been discussed over there
that they rented a house at/near La Turbie and you'll find some bigger pics of them attending the event!

There are many article about them attending to the visit of their daughter of La Turbie.There is a small photo of the parents with the chaplain of the palace. It is said that they rent a house in La Turbie in Point De Vue)
On the newspaper Paris Match, there is a report about the visit of La Turbie of the P Charlene. The report says that the mother Lynette live in La Turbie most of the time to be with Charlene and also Gareth who lives in Monaco with his girlfriend, the father lives between La Turbie and Benoni.
The father Mike knew the french anthem 'La Marseillaise' but in english, he learnt the song as he was young in Rhodesia and he knew also the song 'Alouette, gentille alouette'. They like La Turbie and everybody know them, Mike Wittstock uses to go to the cafe to watch the matches of the rugby, the eve of the visit of her daughter, he came with a barbecue and many south africa knackies because their freezer was out and he offered them for the customers. They made a big barbecue.
Charlene's mother lived 7 months before the wedding at the Turbie and anybody saw her in the newspapers, we only saw the parents the day of wedding. After the wedding, we did not see them anymore apart the brother Gareth who was invited at the table of the princely couple at the red cross gala.
Apart the event of the visit of the Turbie which took place at the Turbie, a very small town (3500 persons live there ), the newspapers do not speak about the Princess Charlene parents

Well, Charlene's brothers had occupations before, but presently they don't work and live in MC, Gareth lives with his girlfriend who also is unemployed. I read in other royal forums that French journalist living in MC reported that Charlene's brothers live in apartments belonging to Grimaldis. Charlene's dad and mom also moved to MC. So, the entire family retired :ROFLMAO: and considers themselves set up for the rest of their lives. :p

Charlene's Dad is the same age my mother is and he is more than entitle to retire!
As far as I know Charlene considers her mom to be one of her closest friends so it's only natural for her to stay in close contact to her daughter!
And Lynette didn't work at her husband's shop. So if my daughter wants me there, I'm here for her!
Gareth lives in MC with his financée but I don't know anything about Sean jr.

many royal forums say many bad things about Charlene and also about her family. Nobody saw the parents of Charlene before the civil wedding a part Gareth the brother of Charlene who lives with his girlfriend at Monaco. Charlene's mother lives in La Turbie in France not in Monaco , the father makes travels between Monaco and La Turbie and Sean lived with her south africa girl friend in Benoni.(Sean said this news in an interview in Benoni to You'newspaper' in July
Gareth has a work, he lives in Monaco and Charlene's mother does not live in the palace, she is not far from her daughter , she lives at La Turbie which is in France and apart the official visit of her daughter at La Turbie, we do not see the family at the events of Monaco. Gareth and his girlfriend was the guests of the prince at the red cross gala in July and it was the will of the Prince. Prince Albert wants that the family of Charlene is near of his wife as any husband and it is nice
Many here were surprised that the family of Charlene say nothing during the mass of the wedding and that her brothers were not her witnesses at the civil wedding and religious. That was a good thing when we saw all the naughties things which are said about her family in the other bad forums

Wittstock family

So we know a lot more about Charlene's family than few years ago.
Gareth and Lynette live in the Monaco 's area and Wittstock Papa and Sean stay in South Africa. Her family is divided. If it is not a problem for them I don't care. I can understand Gareth that he moved to Monaco He has better chance to live and reach his goals in Monaco. His sister is H.S. H. Princess of Monaco. Maybe he wanted to move or Charlene invited him to live in that city. He got a job and made the step. Lynette is an initial friend of Charlene. I believe Charlene has a struggle to do her best.
She has a lot of work to furfill her duties. It is very hard to adapt Princess position. I don't think she has a lot of real friends in Monaco who support her, comfort her or encourage her when she needs it. Lynette is retired and maybe Michael can take care of himself. I also believe that he is retired too and now Sean runs the family business.

Last edited:
So we know a lot more about Charlene's family than few years ago.
Gareth and Lynette live in the Monaco 's area and Wittstock Papa and Sean stay in South Africa. Her family is divided. If it is not a problem for them I don't care. I can understand Gareth that he moved to Monaco He has better chance to live and reach his goals in Monaco. His sister is H.S. H. Princess of Monaco. Maybe he wanted to move or Charlene invited him to live in that city. He got a job and made the step. Lynette is an initial friend of Charlene. I believe Charlene has a struggle to do her best.
She has a lot of work to furfill her duties. It is very hard to adapt Princess position. I don't think she has a lot of real friends in Monaco who support her, comfort her or encourage her when she needs it. Lynette is retired and maybe Michael can take care of himself. I also believe that he is retired too and now Sean runs the family business.

What are Gareth's goals in Monaco?

Back
Top Bottom