The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This seemed to me, at first, a trivial debate, but I changed my mind.

Okay, so the Jon-Benet Ramseys are one kind of model (and one which is not readily understood in the UK).

There are professional fashion models, and we all know who they are.

However, one of the largest supermarket chains in the UK has a new policy about models for the cover of their magazine: only "normal" women appear on the cover, i.e. no professionals or celebs.

There is no saying that these amateur models may not, in time, have some success in modelling, and perhaps this is what Lynette Wittstock is alluding to.

A part the photos of Charlene baby with her parents and the photo of the brother Gareth, I never saw the other members of the family, Charlene's mother is pretty, i saw on an other forum that she is born the same year of Princess Caroline(1957), I don't know if it is Gareth on the photo, because this one is taller, there are also photos in PDV, it is nice to see them. We saw already Kate Middleton'parents, why not the parents of Charlene?.PDV says that they were in the crownd waving the couple at the National fest

Charlene parents were in the crowd waving at National Day? :ohmy: Charlene is official royal fiance, her parents should be inside palace, they of course should not be at the balcony b/c they are not family members, but in the crowd?:wacko:

So they were not invited by Albert, just by CW. It might be OK that Albert did not invite them, just Charlene, but their presence within regular folks waving at Palace Square set another red flag. No parents of official fiance stand in the crowd of commoners while their daughter stands on balcony. :nonono:Remembering that they were not invited for engagement celebration-another red flag. Weird, weird.:ermm:

melina premiere said:
i saw on an other forum that she is born the same year of Princess Caroline(1957)

Wow! Really? Caroline looks so much older then her- Hmmm.....

It was the national fest, the national fest of the prince, There are rules and for the balcony, there are only dignytaries and Nonce of the pape and Mgr Barsi who are hosted.We never saw Charlene the last years at this fest.But In this last year, Her brother was often seen with her sister, and after the engagement, we saw him in the princely loge with Charlene and the prince Albert at the Hercules Games,he was there at the red cross at the gala in 2009.In the small interview by phone Charlene's mother said they must go to Monaco , and they will go many times for the weedding 's preparations.A cousin of England says that she visited Charlene and her mother at Monaco this last summer. I think that they don"t want to be seen in public, but the weedding approching they will be seen many times.There were so criticed when they spoke a little here on this board or on other forums that I ask myself why I read this

It might well be the case that the Wittstocks were around on National Day.

PA did "warn" everyone that his and CW's marriage will be "unconventional".

That can mean that rules may be infringed, added to, or broken by the couple, as and when they choose.

Why get marry? Why this family getting play they do nothing. Just like their daugther.

Why get marry? Why this family getting play they do nothing. Just like their daugther.

I am confused. What do you mean...they do nothing? Are you saying that the Wittstocks have never worked a day in their life? If so, do you have any proof to support such a claim?

We don't even know for sure if they were at National Day. And if they spend time in Monaco before and after the wedding, how is that different from the Kelly's (who were and still are pictured at certain events)?

I agree with you Zonk,We never saw photos of Charlene's family apart of Gareth her brother who was in may and june 2010, but no photos of the others members of the family or we saw many photos of Kate's family.But it is normal we see The family wittstock at Monaco because there is soon the weedding. The father of Charlene works yet.Why critize a brother and a mother because they visit Monaco, Charlene is far of her family. We don't know if the family was there at the national fest.

Charlene parents were in the crowd waving at National Day? :ohmy: Charlene is official royal fiance, her parents should be inside palace, they of course should not be at the balcony b/c they are not family members, but in the crowd?:wacko:

So they were not invited by Albert, just by CW. It might be OK that Albert did not invite them, just Charlene, but their presence within regular folks waving at Palace Square set another red flag. No parents of official fiance stand in the crowd of commoners while their daughter stands on balcony. :nonono:Remembering that they were not invited for engagement celebration-another red flag. Weird, weird.:ermm:

Have you considered the possibility that if her parents were in Monaco, they would already have been inside the palace, but on this occassion they might have wanted to join the crowds outside, get a feel for the celebrations and also enjoy seeing their daughter waving from the balcony along side her fiance. Of course the other possibility is that they were not there at all but safely home in South Africa living their own lives.

It's up to them whether or not they visit their daughter, and when.
How can we possibly object to parents visiting their children ???

We, the public, have neither right nor opportunity to do any such thing.

I think it is fair to say that if relatives-to-be are visiting from another country, no matter who we are, would try to have them as our guests and possibly pay for many things during their stay. He is a multi-billionaire and can afford to keep them in the fashion he has been keeping their daughter. It makes sense that they are his guests and that they are living on his dime while they are there. Why not, he would want them to feel at home being their future son-in-law.

The comments about how the Wittstocks live at home are blatant accusations about Michael Wittstock being an abusive partner and should be removed from this site unless they are substantiated. This means CW came from an abusive family which definitely changes how we all will look at her.

Or maybe Lynette liked making dinner for her husband for when he got home from work? Some people have happy marriages.

This thread is awful.

I am confused. What do you mean...they do nothing? Are you saying that the Wittstocks have never worked a day in their life? If so, do you have any proof to support such a claim?

We don't even know for sure if they were at National Day. And if they spend time in Monaco before and after the wedding, how is that different from the Kelly's (who were and still are pictured at certain events)?
No, I'm not saying that. I'm just saying CW don't job neither her brother so how are they support themselves. And for the Kelly they do have job most of the time they are not in Monaco because of they jobs.. So you can prepare CW family with PA family.

I am sorry.....how do you know that Gareth doesn't have a job? And that he spends most of his time in Monaco because he doesn't have a job.

Do you have anything to support such a statement?

I'm confused also.....but because I can't understand why some posters have it in for the Wittstocks. It reminds me a bit of the Middletons who also have to put up with the same types of lurid tales dreamed up by the press and other outlets.

There should be international laws which protect privacy of the families of "celebs" and Royals. After all, it's not the fault of the wider families that the media want to draw them into the stories.

:previous: Unfortunately it looks like that people who have concerns and/or a dislike for Charlene tend to manifest those feelings towards her family as well. The same goes with the Middletons.

Comments are made that Gareth is at Monaco for National Day and all of sudden he is leeching off Albert and crew and has never worked a day in his life. Same thing a while back when it was claimed that the Wittstocks have been living in Monaco for months maybe years and it turns out that they were still in South Africa. All of this may be true or it may not be true. I just wish people would back up their statements.

Charlene has a public life her family does not. There are plenty of families out there who seek publicity (and we watch them on weekly shows, they are always front and center when their established family member is doing something, etc.) So far, I don't see anything of the kind from the Wittstocks. I would also take that with a grain of salt. Look at Letizia's family. I for one, dont think they seek publicity but I think the press seeks them out and they are accused of the same thing.

But its a double edged sword. If Charlene doesn't have anything to do with her family after her marriage...then all of a sudden...she is too good for the family...and has turned her back on them. Likewise if all of sudden they start visiting Monaco and are of course leeching off of Albert. Because you know...they didn't visit Monaco in the past...of course they didnt...their daughter didn't live there.

If they decide to visit Charlene in Monaco, and Albert decides to house them in the Palace instead of putting them up in a hotel? Is that being a leech or are you being a good host? I don't know.

I just wish people would back up their claims.

Last edited:
I never saw the mother of Charlene nor her father, we saw sometimes Gareth, the brother, we saw him at red cross in 2008, and this year at an event with her sister and after the engagement at the Hercules games behind Charlene Wittstock and prince Albert, it is said in Gala, he was ingeneer in informatic.I thinck he can travel more than the other members of the family Wittstock, he can see her sister who is alone far her family, and Prince Albert is agreed that he visites her sister.We will see more the family because the weedding is near and like many families, the two parts will want know the other membersof the family before the ceremony

Well said. They will need some time to get to know one another.
Gareth seems to have chosen his father's career as a software engineer.

I rather think that the Wittstocks have already had plenty of opportunities to meet - after all, they've had several years to do so.

Is anyone familiar with the South African vacation policy? I know some countries give great vacation time. Maybe he has like 4 weeks of vacation and he pops over when he can. Or works for himself as a consultant...then he would have a lot of flexibility.

In RSA it is a minimum of 33 days vacation and stat holiday time off/
Mercer ranks countries' paid-vacation policies - Jun. 13, 2007

Of course it really is none of our business what her brothers do for a living, how often they do or do not visit Monaco, or who foots the bills for the visits. The Wittstocks are a private family and are entitled to live privately (even when visiting their now famous sister).

Charlenes father was hijacked :ohmy:

Father of princess-to-be hijacked - General | looklocal Benoni

The car, a Mercedes Benz C180, belonged to one of Wittstock's clients, who loaned it to him to go down to Durban to see his daughter.

Wittstock parked the car in his driveway after 10pm and two men approached him coming from his yard and hit him with an AK47 on his face.

According to WO Jannie van Aswegen, communication officer for Benoni SAPS, this was a planned hijacking as the two men waited for Wittstock inside his yard.

After attacking him the two men forced Wittstock to lie down on the ground.

They took his personal items including his watch, a gold chain, his ring, bank cards and cell phones.

Wittstock sustained a broken nose and facial injuries.

The men are still at large with the car.

Hope he is fine! :ermm:

I know, that's crazy! I bet the family will have sercurity now!

Have you considered the possibility that if her parents were in Monaco, they would already have been inside the palace, but on this occassion they might have wanted to join the crowds outside, get a feel for the celebrations and also enjoy seeing their daughter waving from the balcony along side her fiance. Of course the other possibility is that they were not there at all but safely home in South Africa living their own lives.

It's possible that Prince Albert allows what he wants. Princess Grace made palace protocol changes when she became princess and it seems as if Prince Albert too is making protocol changes with his marriage. It could not be easy living with medieval antiquated rules all the time. Prince Albert has indicated that he wants to modernize the palace. Perhaps protocol is being modernized and updated too.

There were photos of the Charlene'smother with her brother and perhaps two cousins on the newspaper , it was just the day after the national fest of Monaco.It is a family which seems to be very discret, (the Catherine'parents are on the british newspapers), I remember when Prince Rainier married with Grace Kelly, all the newspapers talk about the all Kelly family.Happily it is not the case of the family of Charlene, there would be yet critisms on .I always remember the lot of critism when her brother was on the photo with her or when he was guest of the red cross gala.
Family of Charlene lives like other families in Johannesburg, the proof, father was hidjacket because, he had no bodyguard, I hope there will be a policeman around the house to protect the parents untill the weedding.South Africa is a beautiful land but anybody can be robbed and killed for money, it is verey unsafety

Do the Wittstocks not originate as holders of a castle and land in the Holy Roman Empire dating back to the 1100s? Their arms still in place in an elaborate 16th Century carving in a church in their territory of Nieburg? One held high judicial office in the Court of the Empire in the 1400s?

What I read about the family of Charlene ,that the family of her Father came from Germny in XIX century and the Father of her mother was english and he came of England to the Rhodesia in 1947 with his family, he married a Girl of Rhodédia, they lived with the all family in Balawayo where Charlene was born and when Rhodesian became Zimbabwe some of the family went to South Africa and some members returned to England where they lived in Essex,and Charlene uses to see them in England.They will be very lucky, they has two weeddings , one of their cousin and one of their Prince William

Do the Wittstocks not originate as holders of a castle and land in the Holy Roman Empire dating back to the 1100s? Their arms still in place in an elaborate 16th Century carving in a church in their territory of Nieburg? One held high judicial office in the Court of the Empire in the 1400s?

No No No

"On point de vue" in the report of the travel of Charlene Wittstock,we saw a very little photo of the Family Wittstock following the race of Charlene with her team

Back
Top Bottom