The Wittstock Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please note that several off topic posts regarding the age difference between Charlene and Albert have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Last edited:
Further to my post #22, more info on the place-name and personal name "Wittstock":

Translation of place-name: "witt" = "white"; "stock" = "root stock".
"Witt-" also occurs in names like Wittenberge

The town's history: originally Slaw population; first recorded in 946; became a town in 1248; 1638 Black Death.
In order to increase the population after several large fires, the city fathers imported 1,750 people from the south of Germany.

Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlene Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athletics_at_the_2004_Summer_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_400_metres
Estie Wittstock from South Africa competed in the 2004 Olympics - a relative ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulawayo - Charlene cited as a notable resident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wittstock

Interesting to see that the family name has some history. I've read somewhere that they have something "in common" with the Grimaldis, because (supposedly) Charlene's family comes from pirates too...i don't know if that's even true, and i don't remember the source.

We don't have to worry about pirates. The American forebears of Grace came from the south of Germany. The Wittstocks came from northern Germany, but, as I indicated in my posting, some of the southern people were forcibly moved to the north.

I'll try and check up on pirates....but there's now a picture of Estie Wittstock in LIFE magazine:
http://www.life.com/image/51206309

Another Wittstock sighting:
http://www.cstm.co.za/Paddocks_Press_-_Vol_4,_Issue_05_-_May_2009.pdf : Denise Wittstock - something to do with insects...

... and a Ken Wittstock, about Martial Arts in ZA
http://www.jka.co.za/magazines/SA%20JKA%20Today%20June%20Issue%202004.pdf

According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta

The website is wrong. Mama Wittstock is pretty much under her husband's lock and key, housebound most days with several dogs in S. Africa, and he comes home from "work" at 7PM, demanding his dinner every night like clockwork.

And the fact that she's given interviews to the South African newspaper The Citizen recently proves the therory she is still based in South Africa, and not in Monaco.

I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.

I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.

at least that's what I've found out anyway. I've read that information in various places. Can't find the articles now though...but it's there.
And she's definately located in South Africa, not Monaco. INDEFINITELY. To quote The Citizen article with the Lynette interview, "Lynette said she and her husband had planned to visit Charlene last week but that their trip was placed on hold because of former President Nelson Mandela’s birthday celebrations.'Right now we are waiting for Charlene to give us the green light,' said Lynette." source
I know someone who knows the Wittstocks and lives in South Africa, and they have seen Lynette recently.
Besides, who are you to judge what someone you've never met knows? Talk about hypocritical...and I *thought* one of the TRF rules was to respect each other, even if they have different views?

This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.

This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.

Not necessarily. The exact words from the friend that knows them that were given to me when I asked her if it was true Lynette was in Monaco with her daughter, and not in SA: "Mike would never let Lynette out of his sight, if fact she is house bound most days with about 8 dogs, and at 7pm sharp, Mike gets home, and wants his dinner like clock work. "

Not necessarily. The exact words from the friend that knows them that were given to me when I asked her if it was true Lynette was in Monaco with her daughter, and not in SA: "Mike would never let Lynette out of his sight, if fact she is house bound most days with about 8 dogs, and at 7pm sharp, Mike gets home, and wants his dinner like clock work. "
I am glad to read that they are affluent enough so that Mrs. Wittsock does not have to work outside the home also.It appears like a good united family with decent children.If the aforementioned is true they have many pets.

Hi Goddess and Countess,

does it really matter who said what, or who didn't ??

If either of you could get more details about the Wittstock family, I'm sure everyone on TRF would be delighted.

Then you don't have a documented source for your quote? Why I didn't post Gareth moved to Monaco last October according to a member who lives in Monaco. It was posted on another board.

Then you don't have a documented source for your quote? Why I didn't post Gareth moved to Monaco last October according to a member who lives in Monaco. It was posted on another board.

no, a friend of mine gave me the information (and this friend is also a friend of the Wittstocks in South Africa, and has seen Lynette in SA as recently as in the last few weeks).
Lynette gave an interview to a South African newspaper shortly (The Citizen) after the engagement was announced...therefore, she still HAS to be in South Africa. Perhaps they all visited her for an extensive period of time, and may come back around the time of the wedding for a while, but they don't actually live in Monaco.

Besides...what does it MATTER where they are living? Their relationship with Charlene and Albert is pretty much the way the relationship he has with his kids-a very private one, that deserves to stay that way, and nor are they part of the Princely family or anything like that-THEY ARE NOT THE PUBLIC FIGURES, so let them live their private lives and stop analyzing every little move they make (or don't). It's not fair to them.

no, a friend of mine gave me the information (and this friend is also a friend of the Wittstocks in South Africa, and has seen Lynette in SA as recently as in the last few weeks).
Lynette gave an interview to a South African newspaper shortly (The Citizen) after the engagement was announced...therefore, she still HAS to be in South Africa. Perhaps they all visited her for an extensive period of time, and may come back around the time of the wedding for a while, but they don't actually live in Monaco.

Besides...what does it MATTER where they are living? Their relationship with Charlene and Albert is pretty much the way the relationship he has with his kids-a very private one, that deserves to stay that way, and nor are they part of the Princely family or anything like that-THEY ARE NOT THE PUBLIC FIGURES, so let them live their private lives and stop analyzing every little move they make (or don't). It's not fair to them.
I'm sorry it doesn't work that way. Charlene is a public person and it makes her family one as well because people are interested in her family and how she was raised.Its one of the things they will have to get use to. Also if they wanted a private life they wouldn't have been giving interviews.

I actually disagree with that assessment.

The Wittstocks are private individuals whose daughter has chosen a public life. They are no different from the children and/or parents of other well known personalities.

We want to know about them because we feel that it will help us know and/or understand Charlene. Who are her parents and siblings, what do they do for a living, what was Charlene like as a child, etc.

So they have given a few interviews, big deal. They want to share their stories about Charlene. Also, it might be new and cool to see yourself on the television and in print. They are new to the game. Marie of Denmark spoke to the press when she started dating Joachim that was harmless in retrospect but I remember how she was rakesd over the coals for that!

IMO they are being a little naive. Once the press turns on them (as they have done the Middletons, the Donaldsons, and Letizia's family) and start to question them (hence the stories about if or if they are not in Monaco, living off Albert's money), they will become a little more private and you might not hear a peep from them until the wedding.

It only takes one bad experience to get burned by the press for some.

Now if they continue to pursue the press and the wedding has come and gone, and two years later (and no babies are born) and we are still getting these stories, well that would be something different. They are seeking to become public people.

Last edited:
That's a fair and astute appraisal, IMO.

The "litmus test" for the Wittstocks would be, as you say, the amount of self-generated interest the family may or may not display.

Having said that, I hope the press will keep a suitable distance to them, and the Wittstocks will bear themselves with dignity, and without any unbecoming behaviour or stories..... watch this space...

I am glad to read that they are affluent enough so that Mrs. Wittsock does not have to work outside the home also.It appears like a good united family with decent children.If the aforementioned is true they have many pets.

You do realize there are other reasons why a woman might wish to work outside of the home besides economic reasons right? Even in affluent families this is not uncommon.

Essex gazette talks about the family of Charlene Wittstock who lives in England, they talk about Charlene when she was young, I will see all the ordinary critizes some persons will say, that is an ordinary family, she was ambitious, she draw a princess as she was 5 years old.

Renata, i will explain you how to do to have the interview, we have not the same opinion about Charlene but I will do that. You writte on google "Charlene Wittstock grandfather remenbered", you click you will have lokal Benoni with the history of the grand father; on the open right, there is a small case , you click loading you have the case "search "you writte chalene wittstock in it and you have many news on this page and among there is the little interview of the Charlene's mother. Charlene looks like a little his grandfather.

^oh, yes the Sports Ilustrated Mag! That would be her only professional shoot as a model i guess. And there are a few of her as a mermaid (i think, or at least that was the idea/concept of the shoot) with long hair.

Well I think a model can be can be anyone who has modeled in a fashion show or taken pictures. That includes those who model during fashion weeks or those who model at their local department store. A model can be someone who appears on fashion magazines that appear at the newstand or a model who appears in a direct mail magazine for Chadwicks, Ann Taylor, etc.

I think there are different levels of modeling. Not to be funny but there are. So I don't think we should be so easy to dismiss the model claims...we don't know everything she has done in her lifetime. I agree that there has been a "revision" of the resume but again we aren't privy to every second of Charlene's life so who knows what she has done in the past.

If she was a model I'm sure the Palace would have used that instead of Youth Worker or at least added it. It could be that is what she told her parents she was doing once she moved to Monaco since she no longer had sponsors supporting her.

But why would Charlene's mother mention the modeling and she didn't.

Perhaps like most parents, Charlene's mother remembers a lot of things that Charlene did while growing up that Charlene didn't consider important. My mother is always mentioning things that I have done now and in the past, that I don't consider particularly important.

My point is that we shouldn't be so readily dismissive of such a claim. For all we know, Charlene modeled as a baby. There are tons of contest in teh states where people try to get their babies used as models. With that in mind, there is a possiblity that Charlene doesn't know about it.

Isn't there a chance that Lynette simply told it as an expression, you know, sort of using " she is a model" instead if saying " she has a great figure" ?

Back
Top Bottom