The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2010, 01:03 AM
Aristocracy

They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??

Old 07-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

There is a Craig Wittstock who lives in Benoni, S.A., and is the Chairman of Benoni Northerns Cricket club.
http://bncc.co.za/31801.html

A website on Wittstock families in the US in 1920:

wittstock Family History Facts 1920 - Ancestry.com

And on this site: FamilyTreeSeeker.com - STRUENSEE - Family Tree Surname Search Results
A possible link to families related to Wittstocks in the Brandenburg area in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta
Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
According to this website Charlene's mother has moved to Monaco and lives in the Palace almost all the time. She's said to adore to play canasta
Heres a translation. Thanks Tosca.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:32 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMacAlpine View Post
Heres a translation. Thanks Tosca.
It is interesting. Mrs. Wittstock is 53 years old. Is she retired?Does she have a job? How can she spend al her time with her daughter in the palace?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law
Old 07-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Serene Highness

That would be pathetic.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
Well, if Mama Wittstock lives in the palace, that would put to a end the rumours about her not seeing her daughter for a while.
It is interesting. 53 years old? wow, she is almost as old as her future son in law
That makes her a year older than Albert.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Aristocracy

I would like to know how Albert feels dating and then marrying the daughter of someone who is basically his age. This whole thing with Albert does not look good-- to me anyway.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeline View Post
They must be happy and who cares if the in-laws are around or not? Usually becomes more of a problem. Her mom's reaction to the engagement news was something like "glad that girl is finally getting hitched" which means they did not much care for the 6 yrs of fooling around and that they have a minimal liking for P-A. Better they are not front and center in the media. Non??
I don't know about that. They sounds like normal parents whose daughter/son has been dating a particular person for a long period of time and they don't understand why there isn't or hasnt been a wedding.

I spoke with a client last week and we were talking about planning a vacation for next year, and I said...is there any family event that we need to block off for your vacation, and she said...my son is engaged but we don't need to worry about that. Leading me to think that either she didn't think the relationship was going to last or they have been engaged for a bit and a wedding date is not in the near future.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Please note that several off topic posts regarding the age difference between Charlene and Albert have been deleted as off topic.

Zonk
Monaco Forums Moderator

Old 07-22-2010, 03:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Further to my post #22, more info on the place-name and personal name "Wittstock":

Translation of place-name: "witt" = "white"; "stock" = "root stock".
"Witt-" also occurs in names like Wittenberge

The town's history: originally Slaw population; first recorded in 946; became a town in 1248; 1638 Black Death.
In order to increase the population after several large fires, the city fathers imported 1,750 people from the south of Germany.

Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlene Wittstock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Athleti...27s_400_metres
Estie Wittstock from South Africa competed in the 2004 Olympics - a relative ???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulawayo - Charlene cited as a notable resident

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wittstock
Old 07-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Interesting to see that the family name has some history. I've read somewhere that they have something "in common" with the Grimaldis, because (supposedly) Charlene's family comes from pirates too...i don't know if that's even true, and i don't remember the source.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

We don't have to worry about pirates. The American forebears of Grace came from the south of Germany. The Wittstocks came from northern Germany, but, as I indicated in my posting, some of the southern people were forcibly moved to the north.

I'll try and check up on pirates....but there's now a picture of Estie Wittstock in LIFE magazine:
http://www.life.com/image/51206309

Another Wittstock sighting:
http://www.cstm.co.za/Paddocks_Press...-_May_2009.pdf : Denise Wittstock - something to do with insects...

... and a Ken Wittstock, about Martial Arts in ZA
http://www.jka.co.za/magazines/SA%20...sue%202004.pdf
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince, Charlene to wed in July

I've copied this link from post #345 - Prince Albert & Charlene Wittstock Wedding Suggestions & Musings
Old 08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
The website is wrong. Mama Wittstock is pretty much under her husband's lock and key, housebound most days with several dogs in S. Africa, and he comes home from "work" at 7PM, demanding his dinner every night like clockwork.

And the fact that she's given interviews to the South African newspaper The Citizen recently proves the therory she is still based in South Africa, and not in Monaco.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
I don't know where she is, but I am sure you don't know whether anyone is "demanding his dinner" from someone you have never met. I love these skewed articles. It, always, amazes me at the things people will say without knowledge.
at least that's what I've found out anyway. I've read that information in various places. Can't find the articles now though...but it's there.
And she's definately located in South Africa, not Monaco. INDEFINITELY. To quote The Citizen article with the Lynette interview, "Lynette said she and her husband had planned to visit Charlene last week but that their trip was placed on hold because of former President Nelson Mandela’s birthday celebrations.'Right now we are waiting for Charlene to give us the green light,' said Lynette." source
I know someone who knows the Wittstocks and lives in South Africa, and they have seen Lynette recently.
Besides, who are you to judge what someone you've never met knows? Talk about hypocritical...and I *thought* one of the TRF rules was to respect each other, even if they have different views?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
This wasn't a different view, it was the "demanding his dinner" copmment that I objected to. I don't know where they are and, as I see, only by conjecture, do you. But that is okay. It was protraying Mr. Wittstock as a Neanderthal, "demanding his dinner", that I objected to, not your opinion. So, unless, you personally have heard him, it is called hearsay or in this instance, gossip.
Not necessarily. The exact words from the friend that knows them that were given to me when I asked her if it was true Lynette was in Monaco with her daughter, and not in SA: "Mike would never let Lynette out of his sight, if fact she is house bound most days with about 8 dogs, and at 7pm sharp, Mike gets home, and wants his dinner like clock work. "

Tags
charlene, charlene wittstock, princess charlene