The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2015, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

A nice beautiful wedding with family and friends. Charlene and the bride of course wonderful

Old 09-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

A very lovely and animated Charlene here. The thumbs up from the Prince cracked me up. But overall - it looked like a fun, family event. good for them.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:45 PM
Courtier

Lovely pictures of a happy family occasion. The bride looked really beautiful and I love her wedding gown. Also noticed how much P Charlene resembles her mother, who at 50+, is still a very attractive lady.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Serene Highness

Strange that Gareth converted to Catholicism but didn't bother to get married in a Catholic church.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:28 PM
Courtier

The Wittstock Family

The priest who married them is Catholic, Father Bill, I think? Or am I mistaken?

Old 09-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Serene Highness

Yes but it just looks like a blessing not a proper Catholic wedding as there is no alter and the priest isn't in robes. I would have thought that if someone felt strongly enough to convert to a particular religion they would certainly want to adhere to it's teachings, in this case that marraige is a sacrament and should be administered via a nuptial mass. I suppose some people will point to this as proof that he only converted so he could be chosen as Gabriella's godfather.
Old 09-09-2015, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am catholic, and I had only a blessing for mu wedding, my children had also a blessing,there are rarely a nuptial mass exept when a royal is marrying.
the blessing is a sacrement as a mass and no need to have a alter, there is no communion.
The wedding of Albert and Charlene was in the honor courtyard of the palace not in a church
Roisin the wife of Gareth is irish and is catholic and her little daughter was baptized in the catholic religion.
Gareth is the godgather of Gabriella, he is now catholic and he could be the godfather of Gabriella, he was choosen by Prince Albert and Charlene,

IN this video, G Wittstock axplains how P Albert and Charlene asked him to be godfather of P Gabriella

Old 09-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I am catholic, and I had only a blessing for mu wedding, my children had also a blessing,there are rarely a nuptial mass exept when a royal is marrying.
the blessing is a sacrement as a mass and no need to have a alter, there is no communion.
The wedding of Albert and Charlene was in the honor courtyard of the palace not in a church
Roisin the wife of Gareth is irish and is catholic and her little daughter was baptized in the catholic religion.
Gareth is the godgather of Gabriella, he is now catholic and he could be the godfather of Gabriella, he was choosen by Prince Albert and Charlene,
I'm a catholic too and I had a nuptial mass as most practising catholics do not just royals. When I read that Gareth was marrying in the hotel garden I still expected this just as Albert and Charlene had it in the palace courtyard. The fact that he was also marrying a catholic makes it even more strange I think.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:19 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Yes but it just looks like a blessing not a proper Catholic wedding as there is no alter and the priest isn't in robes. I would have thought that if someone felt strongly enough to convert to a particular religion they would certainly want to adhere to it's teachings, in this case that marraige is a sacrament and should be administered via a nuptial mass. I suppose some people will point to this as proof that he only converted so he could be chosen as Gabriella's godfather.
I am a practising Catholic and marriage does not need to be administered during a mass to be valid. Most of practising catholics choose to live it during a mass but this sacrament during a ceremony is valid without the celebration of Holy mass.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:51 PM
Serene Highness

Yes I know a full mass isn't necessary but my point is that it is the full spiritual scenario on offer and I would have thought that a catholic convert would have especially desired this, especially when he is marrying a fellow catholic.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Commoner

Mrs. Melina Premiere, I'm catholic and, as many Catholics did, I had a nuptial mass even if I did't belong to any Royal Family.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Courtier

Well, if a nuptial mass is not compulsory, then I guess it is the choice of the bridal couple.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Blessing or mass, it is the personal choice of the couple, it cannot be discuted

Gareth is catholic, he is married with a catholic woman and he is the godfather of Gabriella. he is the uncle of the child and he has the right to be it.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Commoner

I think that the aim of a forum is to exchange personal point of view! In here there's a kind of "one man show". If you think like this "one man show" it's ok otherwise you will repeated to exhuations its idea is the right one!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Yes I know a full mass isn't necessary but my point is that it is the full spiritual scenario on offer and I would have thought that a catholic convert would have especially desired this, especially when he is marrying a fellow catholic.
I agree...I find it a bit odd that a Catholic couple-especially with one of them a recent convert- would choose to marry outside of the Nuptial Mass. But maybe they preferred the informality of an outdoor ceremony?

The setting looked spectacular.

And the bride is very beautiful even thought I didn't care for her dress much at all.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:56 AM
Courtier

My thoughts on what I've seen in the pictures - everyone looks very happy and like they're having fun.

I don't like Roisin's dress, I think it looks cheap (I'm sure it wasn't), from my old-fashioned viewpoint female guests don't wear any shade of white, cream, ivory and mother-in-laws don't wear black (however chic it may look).
Old 09-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

I find it a bit weird they sold/gave the pictures of their wedding to a magazine.
They always struck me as a discreet family.

The wedding looked beautiful though. Nice setting. I like hairdo of the bride.
Old 09-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

The grandmother of princess Charlene id dead

Princess Charlene’s grandmother dies at 94 | Benoni City Times

She was a very nice lady,
There is no annonce of the palace, we don't know if P Charlene will fly to SA to attend the funeral
Old 09-16-2015, 11:22 PM
Courtier

Oh, such sad news, and so shortly after her birthday. Condolences to her entire family.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:38 PM
Majesty

She lived a very long life and had the joy of seeing her granddaughter become Princess Consort of Monaco and the mother of twins.

That must have made her immensely proud....RIP.

Tags
charlene, charlene wittstock, princess charlene