The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody7058 View Post
Albert make a joke that it of red nose but he didn't insult anybody.
It is true that it was only to make a joke. Albert played against the team and I suppose that Marc giacone also just want to joke, only the thing slipped
here the legend of photos http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...rt/1735390.jpg

Monaco Royals Host Football Match
CAP D'AIL, FRANCE - JANUARY 20: Princess Stephanie of Monaco laughs in the background as her brother, Prince Albert (L), wears a clown's red nose before the football match with the international circus team January 20, 2003 in Cap D'Ail, France. A friendly football match was held between Prince Albert of Monaco's team, the Starteam for children and the circus football team. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

lckc571

Old 09-05-2007, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

For Prince Albert's sake and for the sake of Monaco this preposterous silly incident should be DROPPED and forgotten immediately.

What is this...the 15th century? If I had not read it here first I wouldn't believe this man is being prosecuted over something so...MINOR. There is no other country in Europe where this would happen.

Albert II has much more serious problems than someone desecrating his photograph.

UNBELIEVABLE.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Proust and Valleri were actually sueing themselves.
good lawd this is the craziest thing i've ever heard- thanks for the insider information on the board or i would never have heard of this. imo it makes albert look foolish and weak. a good leader must have a thick skin, this is so 3rd grade playground nonsense it's hard to take him seriously anymore. his advisors are the worst!!!! and i get the impression the rule of law doesn't apply to everyone in monaco which leaves a bad taste in my mouth, going downhill fast in my estimation.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Paca, with regard to your above post: could you tell me who is actually sueing Mr. Giacone? Did Albert (and Proust, Barsi & Co.) actually file a law suit themselves or was it someone working for the justice department who filed the claim (in their name, based on the lese-majeste law)? I'm curious to know if Albert and the others play an active part in this business or if it's an overzealous public servant.That deserves a big fat meow But all joking aside, Forbes still has him listed as one of the most eligible bachelors in the world, so that story hasn't come to an end yet... Still room left...
Forbes only takes into account the money in the bank. They don't consider brain capacity or faithfulness, which would put him to the bottom of the list, or off the list completely.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca View Post
Painting a red nose on ALberts picture and calling him a clown. When you consider that Albert has been pictured putting on a red nose himself and running around with his tie around his head, then one would think that Albert would have to put himself into prison for ridiculing himself in such a public manner... It is not like Giacone did do anything different to what Albert already did himself? Basically Giacone could claim that he was only visually quoting ALbert. Moviedirectors claim that often enough when they are stealing other peoples ideas for lack of their own. But since when has quoting become a crime as long as you acknowledge the source?
Thank you for clarifying, Paca. How can he sue someone for pointing out the obvious? He is just like the emperor with the new clothes, expect the latter didn't sue the innocent child.

Albert is a clown in the sense that he parades around pretending to be in love with this girl, pretends to be this goody goody clean boy who doesn't have any children and has never cheated on anybody. She pretends to be in love with him and pretends to forget all his fooling around. They are two clowns and it was about time someone pointed it out.

He is just like the prince in Belgium who demanded respect only because he was "a prince". Yeah right, give us something to respect you for!

He must be short of money because this is a sure way to make money, by sueing. He has done it before, pose in the Maldives and then sue the magasin for publishing. I bet he is hoping that some magasin will print the picture so he can sue them too and get more money.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

IMHO - Prince Albert seems to be someone with a fragile ego, so it's not surprising that it's gone this far....
Old 01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Serene Highness

It does seem that he has trouble with critics. While he did try to help his image with this Albertchat last fall, it fell well short of the personal touch as his advisers were screening the calls and on-line questions. If he wants the love of his people he needs to come down to earth and be more a part of the day to day life. His sister Stephanie has that touch, as did their Mother. I also think his PR people are not very good and may in fact cause the situation to get worse as was the case with the red nose. Censorship is not a sign of leadership. I think if he had had a one-on-one with his critics in his office and used his Mother's charm factor he would have silenced them. Instead people now whisper behind his back. Mitterand once said that he would rather have his enemies at his table than wonder what they were up too. Albert should do the same and not silence them but keep them where he can see them. Having "spies" in this day and age in a country like Monaco is a sad state of affairs. His New Year's address only reflects how out of touch he really is from the realities his country's citizens really face. It made me sad to read his address in the Monaco Matin. JMO
Old 01-07-2008, 02:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibou View Post
It does seem that he has trouble with critics. While he did try to help his image with this Albertchat last fall, it fell well short of the personal touch as his advisers were screening the calls and on-line questions. If he wants the love of his people he needs to come down to earth and be more a part of the day to day life. His sister Stephanie has that touch, as did their Mother. I also think his PR people are not very good and may in fact cause the situation to get worse as was the case with the red nose. Censorship is not a sign of leadership. I think if he had had a one-on-one with his critics in his office and used his Mother's charm factor he would have silenced them. Instead people now whisper behind his back. Mitterand once said that he would rather have his enemies at his table than wonder what they were up too. Albert should do the same and not silence them but keep them where he can see them. Having "spies" in this day and age in a country like Monaco is a sad state of affairs. His New Year's address only reflects how out of touch he really is from the realities his country's citizens really face. It made me sad to read his address in the Monaco Matin. JMO
I think perhaps he has a fragile ego too, and I noticed in his last address he came off defensive in parts, he was not showing that he was coming from a place of strength. But after I have read everyone's comments about his new years address, I did not think it was so bad? I mean I wouldn't think this address was meant to be so political. Just wishing everyone a New Year? I do not know how the address has gone traditionally? That was just the feeling I got, it was meant to be less a speech and more of a greeting for the New Year?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
I think perhaps he has a fragile ego too, and I noticed in his last address he came off defensive in parts, he was not showing that he was coming from a place of strength. But after I have read everyone's comments about his new years address, I did not think it was so bad? I mean I wouldn't think this address was meant to be so political. Just wishing everyone a New Year? I do not know how the address has gone traditionally? That was just the feeling I got, it was meant to be less a speech and more of a greeting for the New Year?
I agree that was probably his intent but he bumbled it. He should have kept it short and sweet and not mixed apples with oranges. I think that you hit upon the problem with it.