Speeches & Interviews of Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyMacAlpine

Heir Presumptive
City
SW FL
Country
United States
I spoke to Gabriella asked if we could have a thread on just speeches. She said if we post a photo of his giving the speech with it to be sure and use image hosting sites like photobucket or image shack. With this thread we won't be loosing them within the threads.

CasiraghiTrio you asked did anyone have a draft. Orginal linkhttp://www.palais.mc/wwwpal.nsf/(NewsActu)/3866075ea30e189fc125707e004bc9e6?OpenDocument
Translation to English best my translator would do this is the one I use http://rl.channel.aol.com/references/translator

S.A.S. THE PRINCE ALBERT II
WITH THE 60E SUMMIT OF THE UNITED NATIONS

September 15, and 16 2005 - New York (U.S.A.)

September the 15, and 16 2005, the seat of the United Nations in New York sheltered the Summit of the Heads of State and Government representing the 191 Member States of UNO.

S.A.S. The Prince Albert II took part Wednesday September 14 in the high level full session which took place in the room of the General meeting of UNO.

In the morning, S.A.S. The Prince Albert II had signed the International Convention for the repression of the acts of nuclear terrorism.

In a message read in front of the press, S.A.S. the Prince Albert II declared:

"By affixing My signature in bottom of the International Convention for the repression of the acts of terrorism, I intend to associate the Principality of Monaco the defense of the state of right vis-a-vis to the always illegitimate acts of those which choose terror.

The Principality had left right now to twelve Conventions which constitute the legal arsenal base of the international co-operation as regards fight against terrorism.

I hope that this new sectoral convention will enter very soon into force and that we will be able very soon to adopt the general Convention on which our representatives have worked for several years "

With the exit of the lunch offered by Mr. Kofi Annan, Secretary-general of UNO to the Heads of State and Government, S.A.S. Prince Albert took part in a round table devoted to the principal topics discussed at the time of this 60e Session: terrorism, the fight counters poverty, the development aid, the reform of the United Nations.

Within the framework of the many abstract contacts in margin of this Summit of New York, S.A.S. the Prince Albert II met the President of Timor Lest (Timor Oriental) S.E. Mr. Kay Ralo Xanana Gusmao, accompanied by his Foreign Minister. S.A.S. The Grip Albert II was surrounded of S.E. Mr. Ambassador Gilles Noghès, Représentant permanent of the Mr. and Principality of Monaco at the United Nations George Lisimachio, Secretary-general of the Princely Cabinet.

In the evening, at the time of a reception organized with the residence of the Ambassador, S.A.S. the Prince Albert II received many foreign personalities and Monegasques.

The delegation which accompanied S.A.S. the Prince Albert II in New York was composed of: S.E. Mr. Minister of State, and Mrs. Jean-Paul Proust; Mr. George Lisimachio, Secretary-general of the Cabinet of S.A.S. Prince Souverain; the Lieutenant-colonel Bruno Philipponnat, Aide-de-camp of S.A.S. the Prince; Mr. François Chantrait, technical Adviser in charge of the Communication to the Ministry of State, Director of the Center of Press.

Speech in next post

Last edited:
United Nations September 15, 2005

You may also listen to the 8:13 speak at the following link.
http://www.un.org/events/wssd/statements/stat02.htm Johannesburg Summit: Statements & Speeches Its approximately 2/3 of the way down the page just look for Monaco. The written speech is in English and French, note the English version of the speech on video is an interpreter.

Thursday September 15 at the beginning of afternoon, S.A.S. Prince Albert made the following speech with the platform of the United Nations:
  • "Presidents,
    Mister the Secretary-general,
    Excellence,
    Mesdames and Messrs,

It is with emotion and gratitude that I speak in front of you, because I have in memory the Homage paid to my Father, the Prince Rainier III, by the General meeting the very same day of His death, last 6 April. Its attachment with the multilateralism and its major conviction in the irreplaceable role of the United Nations were recalled rightly and I make a point of declaring that I share without reserve his values.

My thoughts turn, with sympathy, to the States of the south of the United States, endeuillés by the devastations caused by the Katrina hurricane, towards their families and all those which this natural disaster leaves in the distress.

I am happy, today, to bring to the United Nations, with very many Heads of State and Government, a solved and trustful support, by hoping sincerely that it be able to conclude its the reform which will enable him to answer the threats and the challenges of our time like to the necessary evolution of its structures.
    • I congratulate President Jan Eliasson whose election coincides fortunately with the centenary of the birth of Dag Hammarskjöld, his famous compatriot. I express my sharp recognition with President Jean Ping for his exceptional contribution in favour of the reform of our Organization. I want to finally greet the tireless devotion of the Secretary-general, Kofi Annan. Without their tenacity, the final document which is presented to us and to which My country adheres could have traced the way of the renewal of UNO.

We live in a world of interdependence, where no country can thrive without the others and where no State can only ensure its protection. On the chart of this world, the directions which we must follow are from now on clear. They have as a name: Development, Safety, Promotion of the Humans right.

But much of way remains to traverse and it is not tolerable that misery, the famine and the diseases continue to prevail in so many areas of the world and in particular in Africa. This is why I held so that MONACO subscribes to the "Declaration on the innovating sources of financing of the development".

Let us be persuaded that the Development will be able to take its take-off only the day when Northern and Southern will decide, together, to consolidate its bases in a climate of reciprocal confidence and transparency.

In this respect, I reaffirm the engagement of my Country in favour of the Objectives of the Millenium for the Development: we will appreciably increase, during next years, our government aid with the development, by continuing the policy of very committed co-operation that, already, we carry out, either directly, by multilateral and bilateral targeted actions, or at the sides of powerful nongovernmental organizations, that we support vigorously.

Messrs Presidents,

To support the Development does not mean to sacrifice the environment! Conscious of the responsibilities which fall to us with regard to the least favoured countries, let us not worsen therefore imbalances of planet. Let us think of the generations which follow us!

Since led oceanographical forwardings, a hundred years ago by my grandfather, Prince Albert Ier, Monaco was always very attentive with the protection of the oceans and planet.

The Prince Rainier III, my Father, encouraged the research tasks in this field and the establishment of marine zones protected in the Mediterranean.

I recently wished myself to personally return account of the consequences to me, on fauna and the flora, of the increase in the gas emissions for purpose of greenhouse and am returned to me in Spitzberg, on the traces of Prince Albert Ist This experiment deeply marked me because it enabled me to note with which point our world is wounded.

I immediately asked to initiate the procedure necessary for the ratification by Monaco of the Protocol of Kyoto and to support the transformation of the Program of the United Nations for the Environment into a specialized agency having a widened mandate.

We must also work with the realization of the Action plan adopted at the time of the Conference of Hyogo by strengthening the international co-operation aiming to better preventing and reducing the risks related to the natural disasters and to also equip us with a more effective organization and means in order to make this world surer.

Messrs Presidents,

Vis-a-vis with the ethnic genocides, cleanings and other crimes against humanity, we must adopt the principle of "the responsibility of protecting" like base for the collective action. I then to only subscribe to the often expressed opinion that the international community has the duty to act to protect the populations in danger when this responsibility is assumed neither by the State concerned, nor by the regional organization to which it belongs.

The international community must also assume the responsibility to protect the children against the odious crimes of which they are the victims, and beyond the existing terms of collective agreements, it appears essential to to me to adopt rules intended to prevent that the authors of these crimes do not remain unpunished.

It is with the greatest determination that I also condemn the recourse to the terrorism which, profaning religious and moral principles, striking, in a premeditated way, the human beings without defense and among them, very often, of the children. Let us fight and finalize it without delaying general Convention against terrorism, as we already knew to make it with the International Convention for the repression of the acts of nuclear terrorism, that I have just signed.

Let us establish finally the bases of a "Partnership between Civilizations" which rests on a true dialogue. It is there the way of wise of this world, alone average to put an end to the conflicts and to defuse the crises which tear our contemporary companies.

I thank you for your attention "

• S.A.S. Prince Albert was lengthily applauded by the delegations representatives the 191 members of UNO.

Last edited:
Merci, LadyM! I read it in both French and English and I am immensely impressed! Spoken like a true student from Massachusetts! :) Prince Albert has scored big points from me for this speech! Hoorah, Albert, for supporting the Kyoto Protocol, for your salute to Kofi Annan, for your expression of sympathies to the Katrina victims, for your nod to the environment. In this speech, Albert has truly shown himself to be the son of Rainier. I am very happy after reading it. After reading a speech like this, how can anyone give a hoot about NC?

CasiraghiTrio said:
Merci, LadyM! I read it in both French and English and I am immensely impressed! Spoken like a true student from Massachusetts! :) Prince Albert has scored big points from me for this speech! Hoorah, Albert, for supporting the Kyoto Protocol, for your salute to Kofi Annan, for your expression of sympathies to the Katrina victims, for your nod to the environment. In this speech, Albert has truly shown himself to be the son of Rainier. I am very happy after reading it. After reading a speech like this, how can anyone give a hoot about NC?
Hehe all I thought us Massers did was drop our R's. You are right about it though He does have good speeches plan on hunting more down to post.

That's a quite interesting thread, thanks LadyMac!

I added a video link to the first speech. Johannesburg Summit: Statements & Speeches

59th General Assembly United Nations

Adress H.S.H Crown Prince Albert
Thursday 23 September 2004

Mr. President,
Mr. Secretary General,

Excellencies,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great pleasure that I congratulate you, Mister President, for your brilliant election to the Presidency of this 59th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, an election that offers Africa its tenth Presidency.

The international community thereby testifies to the Gabonese Republic the recognition it deserves and the French-speaking countries are delighted to see one of them lead our debates. Be assured that the Delegation of Monaco that I preside will support you without reservation in your noble mission at the service of peace and development.

The process of indispensable reforms to improve the functioning of our Organization is ongoing. In this consideration, I wish to congratulate President Julian Hunte for his work during the 58 th Session of the General Assembly; his perseverance has allowed for the adoption of new steps to revitalize the methods of work of the General Assembly. While we praise these progresses, we need to pursue our endeavor.

The attachment to democracy and to the rule of law, the complete trust we place in the values of multilateralism, and the respect of our differences allow us to move forward with harmony and constantly adapt our Organisation in the face of the challenges of our time. We must give our Organization the means to better respond to the expectations of the Peoples of the world.

To fulfill this purpose, the Principality supports the initiatives that aim at improving its methods of work and, in particular, those concerning the reform of the Security Council. Its enlargement, be it of permanent or non-permanent seats, should strengthen its ability to contribute to the essential tasks of peace-keeping by asserting a more equitable representation of the diverse regions that compose our international community.

Mr. President,

The 15th International Conference on HIV / AIDS held in Thailand has once again pointed out the devastating effects of this terrible pandemy as well as its dreadful social implications. However, the Conference also demonstrated that when international organizations, governments and the civil society come to work together, we fight more efficiently.

In this fight, the role of women is crucial. In my country, Her Serene Highness Princess Stephanie, My Sister, presides over the Association "Fight AIDS Monaco" that provides moral and material support to AIDS patients and their families and promotes information and prevention programs.

As for Me, I have expressed the wish that all the students of the Principality participate in the celebration of the World Day for children orphaned by AIDS, to show solidarity towards these vulnerable children whose number could reach 100 million by 2010. Once again this year, My Country contributes to the Global Fund to fight HIV/ AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, that was created at the end of the first ever Special Session of the General Assembly to be dedicated to a disease.We also contribute, on a regular basis, to UNAIDS activities since its creation and I am pleased to announce that the Principality has decided to strengthen its financial cooperation with the Program. The creation within UNAIDS of the Program Acceleration Fund will hopefully address the specific needs defined by the recipient countries themselves.

For we are convinced that States need, on the one hand, to strengthen their ability to provide basic social services and adequate sanitation facilities and on the other, to continue their campaigns of sensit ization and information.

Mr. President,

Upon the initiative of His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince, My Father,the Principality of Monaco has always expressed its solidarity with the most underprivileged populations of this world. It shares the concerns of world leaders on the threat poverty exert on international security.

We will therefore examine closely the elaboration of a new global partnership oriented towards the eradication of hunger and poverty, economic development and social justice in accordance with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Monterrey Consensus.

Unfortunately, terrorism has now become a day-to-day reality as we witnessed, among others, the tragedy in Beslan that revolted our consciences. Our determination to combat it must remain without breach. We therefore welcome the creation of an Executive Direction of the Committee against terrorism.

In that field, international cooperation is essential to insure efficiency: no State, whatever its size might be, must be a weak link to undermine the efforts we undertook together. Thus, the Principality intends to play its role in the fight our Organisation leads against terrorism: Monaco has become a Party to all twelve Conventions that curtail international terrorism and taken appropriate actions in its domestic laws.

The number of refugees or internally displaced persons grows continually and the unbearable suffering of those populations cannot limit itself to shocking our conscience.In every complex emergency situation, civilians and among them the most vulnerable are always the targets of the worst acts of violence. The foreseen humanitarian catastrophe that continues to take place under our eyes in the Darfour region underlines once more the limitation in our capacity to enforce human rights and humanitarian international law.

Responding to the appeal made in 2002 by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees during the Special Session on children, the Government of the Principality of Monaco decided to allocate more specifically its annual funding for the UNHCR in the field of primary education for refugee children. We wish to offer those children, whose world has been brutally shaken, temporary relief from a day-to-day life of promiscuity, harsh conditions and the stress of never finding their homes again, by somehow providing them with a substitute for their traditional schooling.

Mr President,

The protection of the rights of the child is of the utmost importance for us. To achieve "a world fit for children" in conformity with the commitments adopted during the Special Session in May 2002, the World Association of Children's Friends (World AMADE) chaired by My Sister, Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover, held in April 2003, a Round Table dedicated to that topic.

It is clear with each and every day that we need to strengthen and ensure a more efficient application of international law to protect the Rights of the Child. Consequently, aren't we bound to answer to those abominable crimes in an exceptionally strong manner? Shouldn't we prosecute without any statute of limitation of time and place the most serious violations of these rights.

The Principality of Monaco invites you to consider the adoption of a legal instrument that will eventually put an end to the impunity that prevails regarding the recruitment of child soldiers, the sexual exploitation of children and the despicable trade, to mention the most shocking of those crimes. The open debate of the Security Council that took place last June only confirmed that this consideration comes at an opportune time. Let's reinforce prevention by putting no limitation on the crimes to be prosecuted and therefore honour the memory of victims.

Let's we extraterritoriality to fight transnational organized crime that defies the States legal order. I am all too aware of the numerous and difficult legal implications that arise from this fundamentally ethical proposal for the defence of the rights of the child in today's international law. However, aren't we obliged to take action when international law does not respond anymore to the challenges of our time at a moment where the international community is evidently standing together when it comes to banish these revolting practices.

Mr President,

Let's be courageous and ambitious in the fight for the noblest cause that is the defence of innocence. Let's act to answer Albert Einstein's plea: "as long as there will be unhappy children, the word progress is meaningless".

I thank you for your attention.
http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/PortGb

Adress H.S.H Crown Prince Albert
Thursday 23 September 2004

Mr. President,
Mr. Secretary General,

Excellencies,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with great pleasure that I congratulate you, Mister President, for your brilliant election to the Presidency of this 59th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, an election that offers Africa its tenth Presidency.

The international community thereby testifies to the Gabonese Republic the recognition it deserves and the French-speaking countries are delighted to see one of them lead our debates. Be assured that the Delegation of Monaco that I preside will support you without reservation in your noble mission at the service of peace and development.

The process of indispensable reforms to improve the functioning of our Organization is ongoing. In this consideration, I wish to congratulate President Julian Hunte for his work during the 58 th Session of the General Assembly; his perseverance has allowed for the adoption of new steps to revitalize the methods of work of the General Assembly. While we praise these progresses, we need to pursue our endeavor.

The attachment to democracy and to the rule of law, the complete trust we place in the values of multilateralism, and the respect of our differences allow us to move forward with harmony and constantly adapt our Organisation in the face of the challenges of our time. We must give our Organization the means to better respond to the expectations of the Peoples of the world.

To fulfill this purpose, the Principality supports the initiatives that aim at improving its methods of work and, in particular, those concerning the reform of the Security Council. Its enlargement, be it of permanent or non-permanent seats, should strengthen its ability to contribute to the essential tasks of peace-keeping by asserting a more equitable representation of the diverse regions that compose our international community.

Mr. President,

The 15th International Conference on HIV / AIDS held in Thailand has once again pointed out the devastating effects of this terrible pandemy as well as its dreadful social implications. However, the Conference also demonstrated that when international organizations, governments and the civil society come to work together, we fight more efficiently.

In this fight, the role of women is crucial. In my country, Her Serene Highness Princess Stephanie, My Sister, presides over the Association "Fight AIDS Monaco" that provides moral and material support to AIDS patients and their families and promotes information and prevention programs.

As for Me, I have expressed the wish that all the students of the Principality participate in the celebration of the World Day for children orphaned by AIDS, to show solidarity towards these vulnerable children whose number could reach 100 million by 2010. Once again this year, My Country contributes to the Global Fund to fight HIV/ AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, that was created at the end of the first ever Special Session of the General Assembly to be dedicated to a disease.We also contribute, on a regular basis, to UNAIDS activities since its creation and I am pleased to announce that the Principality has decided to strengthen its financial cooperation with the Program. The creation within UNAIDS of the Program Acceleration Fund will hopefully address the specific needs defined by the recipient countries themselves.

For we are convinced that States need, on the one hand, to strengthen their ability to provide basic social services and adequate sanitation facilities and on the other, to continue their campaigns of sensit ization and information.

Mr. President,

Upon the initiative of His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince, My Father,the Principality of Monaco has always expressed its solidarity with the most underprivileged populations of this world. It shares the concerns of world leaders on the threat poverty exert on international security.

We will therefore examine closely the elaboration of a new global partnership oriented towards the eradication of hunger and poverty, economic development and social justice in accordance with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Monterrey Consensus.

Unfortunately, terrorism has now become a day-to-day reality as we witnessed, among others, the tragedy in Beslan that revolted our consciences. Our determination to combat it must remain without breach. We therefore welcome the creation of an Executive Direction of the Committee against terrorism.

In that field, international cooperation is essential to insure efficiency: no State, whatever its size might be, must be a weak link to undermine the efforts we undertook together. Thus, the Principality intends to play its role in the fight our Organisation leads against terrorism: Monaco has become a Party to all twelve Conventions that curtail international terrorism and taken appropriate actions in its domestic laws.

The number of refugees or internally displaced persons grows continually and the unbearable suffering of those populations cannot limit itself to shocking our conscience.In every complex emergency situation, civilians and among them the most vulnerable are always the targets of the worst acts of violence. The foreseen humanitarian catastrophe that continues to take place under our eyes in the Darfour region underlines once more the limitation in our capacity to enforce human rights and humanitarian international law.

Responding to the appeal made in 2002 by the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees during the Special Session on children, the Government of the Principality of Monaco decided to allocate more specifically its annual funding for the UNHCR in the field of primary education for refugee children. We wish to offer those children, whose world has been brutally shaken, temporary relief from a day-to-day life of promiscuity, harsh conditions and the stress of never finding their homes again, by somehow providing them with a substitute for their traditional schooling.

Mr President,

The protection of the rights of the child is of the utmost importance for us. To achieve "a world fit for children" in conformity with the commitments adopted during the Special Session in May 2002, the World Association of Children's Friends (World AMADE) chaired by My Sister, Her Royal Highness the Princess of Hanover, held in April 2003, a Round Table dedicated to that topic.

It is clear with each and every day that we need to strengthen and ensure a more efficient application of international law to protect the Rights of the Child. Consequently, aren't we bound to answer to those abominable crimes in an exceptionally strong manner? Shouldn't we prosecute without any statute of limitation of time and place the most serious violations of these rights.

The Principality of Monaco invites you to consider the adoption of a legal instrument that will eventually put an end to the impunity that prevails regarding the recruitment of child soldiers, the sexual exploitation of children and the despicable trade, to mention the most shocking of those crimes. The open debate of the Security Council that took place last June only confirmed that this consideration comes at an opportune time. Let's reinforce prevention by putting no limitation on the crimes to be prosecuted and therefore honour the memory of victims.

Let's we extraterritoriality to fight transnational organized crime that defies the States legal order. I am all too aware of the numerous and difficult legal implications that arise from this fundamentally ethical proposal for the defence of the rights of the child in today's international law. However, aren't we obliged to take action when international law does not respond anymore to the challenges of our time at a moment where the international community is evidently standing together when it comes to banish these revolting practices.

Mr President,

Let's be courageous and ambitious in the fight for the noblest cause that is the defence of innocence. Let's act to answer Albert Einstein's plea: "as long as there will be unhappy children, the word progress is meaningless".

I thank you for your attention.
http://www.monaco.gouv.mc/PortGb

Adhésion de Monaco au Conseil de l'Europe Part 1

Albert does a speech during the Ceremony of adhesion as well as in the others. The changes made to the Constitution is mentioned. I wasn't able to get all on one post. I posted the main link for those who can read French. For those who cannot I translated it.

MULTI-MEDIA
div_camera.gif
VIDEOS</SPAN>
triangle_petit_bleu_versDroite.gif
Speech of S.A.S the Prince Héréditaire Albert of Monaco
Press conference

[font=]Ceremony of adhesion [/font][font=]
app_photos.gif
[/font] PHOTOGRAPHS

Last edited:
mw7060a said:
Does anyone know if the AA monogram stands for Albert Alexandre? What did RR mean for Prince Rainier?
The AA is his first inital back to back as the RR.

60th United Nations Summit - New Yord Speech

60th United Nations Summit – New York Speech given by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco 15th September 2005

Mr. Presidents,
Mr. Secretary General,
Excellencies,
Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is with emotion and gratitude that I take the floor to address you today for I recall the heartfelt tribute paid by the General Assembly to Prince Rainier III, My Father, on the very day of His passing, on April 6th. His commitment to multilateralism and His firm belief in the irreplaceable role of the UN were rightly evoked. I would like to state that I fully share His values.

My thoughts and deepest sympathy are with the Southern States of the United States, grieved by the destruction of Hurricane Katrina, towards their families and all those who have been affected and hurt by this natural disaster.

Together with many Head of States and Government, I am pleased to support firmly and with confidence the United Nations. The Organization must complete its process of reform that will enable it to appropriately address the threats and challenges of today's world and the necessary changes in its structure.

I congratulate President Eliasson whose election coincides with the Birth Anniversary of his illustrious fellow Dag Hammarskjold a century ago. I express my deep recognition to the exceptional work of President Ping toward the reform of our Organization. And last, I want to salute the tireless commitment of Secretary General Kofi Annan. Without their devotion, the Final Document that is submitted to us and to which my country fully adheres, would not be able to path the way to renew the United Nations.

We live in an interdependent world where no country can prosper without other countries and no one State can protect itself alone. It is now clear where this world must head: toward Development, Security and the Promotion of Human Rights.

A lot remains to be done and it is unacceptable that poverty, hunger and diseases continue to afflict so many regions of the world and in particular, Africa. For this reason, I have made sure that Monaco supports the "Declaration on innovative sources of financing for development". Let us be convinced that Development will only soar when North and South decide together to strengthen its foundations with mutual trust and confidence.

I reaffirm the commitment of my Country to the Millennium Development Goals and, consequently, in the coming years my Government will significantly increase our official development assistance through a very intensive cooperation policy which we are already implementing, either directly with targeted multilateral and bilateral action or together with effective NGOs that we actively support.

To read The rest of the speech

Official speeches of H.S.H. Prince Albert II-Investiture speech H.S.H. Prince Albert IInd of Monaco, July 12th, 2005
Blank.gif

-60th United Nations Summit – New YorkSpeech given by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco 15th September 2005
Blank.gif

-Statement by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco for the launch of the Prince Albert II Foundation of Monaco
Blank.gif

-Speech of H.S.H Prince Albert – Forum Ambrosetti – 1st September 2006
Blank.gif

-Official speech by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco at the I.A.E.A.
Blank.gif

Link to United Nations search for more

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with this.

Speech of H.S.H Prince Albert – Forum Ambrosetti – 1st September 2006
Thank you, Dottore Ambrosetti and Mr. Romano, for your kind introductory words.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is a great honor to officially declare Open, this 32nd Edition of the Ambrosetti Forum.

“Intelligence 2006 : on the World, Europe and Italy”.

Your conference program lists the key challenges facing our world today, conflicts, demographic trends, scientific developments, the energy challenge, to name a few. I wish to address several of these challenges then I will illustrate the importance for “smaller states” like Monaco to contribute to the search for solutions to these various challenges.

Statement by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco for the launch of the Prince Albert II Foundation of Monaco
Press conference of 27th June 2006,
Prince’s Palace

"Thank you, Jean-Louis Etienne, for your testimony and generous words.

Today, rising to the challenge to protect our planet has become an urgent matter.

Accepting this challenge is still possible, action levers do exist, we have proof every day, mobilization also exists, but it is still not enough.

That is why I have decided to set up a Foundation whose purpose is to protect the environment and to encourage sustainable development: the Prince Albert II Foundation of Monaco.
I will devote the time and energy necessary to make action carried out by the Foundation successful.

Official speech by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco at the I.A.E.A.

Speech of H.S.H Prince Albert II at the opening of the extraordinary session of the Governing Council of UNEP on 20th February 2008

It was indeed a honour for Monaco to held U.N. session.
LadyMacAlpine, thank you for posting P.Albert's speech.:)
Albert's speeches are really good.

French/English

This is a brief interview in French (but with English subtitles & with a few English speakers) on the Peace and Sport organization endorsed by Prince Albert which promotes peace-building in areas of conflict through the use of structured athletics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV6HLFGgZSk&feature=related

Back
Top Bottom