Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
220px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Charlene%2C_Princess_of_Monaco.svg.png

229px-Royal_Monogram_of_Princess_Charlene_of_Monaco.svg.png

Welcome to Part 3 of the thread for the Current Events of Princess Charlene of Monaco!

The previous thread can be found here:

** Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 - December 2016

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the links, melina p. Unfortunately the link to the translation seems faulty. But on my iPad I was able to copy and paste it into the Google Translate App and it gave me the English translation. Not always very good, but I was able to follow the gist of it.

It seems that she had a difficult childhood, having to flee Rhodesia with her family. In SA it was difficult for the family to make ends meet, her father often holding two jobs to feed the family. But now, that her life is easy and she has a wonderful family of her own, she realises how important it is to give back to those who are less fortunate. The trip to India was particularly emotional for her, as there are so many children and families who live under very difficult circumstances.

I think it is important for her to get involved in this endeavour to mobilise so many people to pay attention to childrens' issues and I can see her and her Foundation playing an important role in this regard in future.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Thanks for the links, melina p. Unfortunately the link to the translation seems faulty. But on my iPad I was able to copy and paste it into the Google Translate App and it gave me the English translation. Not always very good, but I was able to follow the gist of it.

It seems that she had a difficult childhood, having to flee Rhodesia with her family. In SA it was difficult for the family to make ends meet, her father often holding two jobs to feed the family. But now, that her life is easy and she has a wonderful family of her own, she realises how important it is to give back to those who are less fortunate. The trip to India was particularly emotional for her, as there are so many children and families who live under very difficult circumstances.

I think it is important for her to get involved in this endeavour to mobilise so many people to pay attention to childrens' issues and I can see her and her Foundation playing an important role in this regard in future.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Amazing life journey for one of my favorite princesses! Albert and the Principality of Monaco are so:p very fortunate to have this lady...

Has it been confirmed that Charlene will be the guest of honour at the Red Cross Ball in Florida tonight? If so I think that will make her the first royal to meet President Trump.

Has it been confirmed that Charlene will be the guest of honour at the Red Cross Ball in Florida tonight? If so I think that will make her the first royal to meet President Trump.

I have personally heard nothing about it. And the palace doesn't help either as it does not publish any agenda. Anyway, it has already been King Abdullah of Jordan the first royal to meet Trump...

Sorry, I meant European royal. The Palm Beach News reported she would be there as guest of honour back in October but as you say we never know anything for sure as the Palace are terrible at announcing things.

Apart the october article who announced the presence of the princess Charlene, the american Red Cross never announced the presence of P Charlene attending the ball, I think it was only a rumor

From Dailymail online it doesn't seem Princess Charlene will be there tonigh.
I read that among European royal families, Prince Charles and Princess Camilla of the Italian dynasty Bourbon-Two Sicilies, the Duke and Dutchess of Marlborough, Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill, Princess Clotilde d’Orleans, Prince Charles Philippe and Princess Diana d’Orleans will attend.

And there will be Donald trump and a lot of protesters around the house
I don't think that it is a good place for a consort princess now.

Two very importants events for the Princess Charlene
the charity Miles on february 25th in cagnes sur Mer
Princess Charlene launches a French “Charity Mile” in Cagnes
The international rugby tornment Sainte Devote with the exchange South Africa Monaco organized by her foundation on march 18th 2017

Here is an article about the Sainte Devote Tournement and the children who will come to Monaco and the program with the Princess Charlene

Cell C takes underprivileged kids to Monaco for international Rugby 7s tournament | OFM

Last year, Prince Jacques was attending the sainte Devote tournament , perhaps we will see the twins attending the tournament.this year

I hope this two events will not be rumors as the previous one about the attendance of Princess Charlene at the American Red Cross Ball held last Saturday in Florida.

:previous: Yes, I also remember reading that both Albert and Charlene would be at Mar-a-Lago last week for the Red Cross gala....and neither of them attended.:ermm:

It was only a newspaper who announced the presence of Charlene at the red cross last saturday, but the america red cross never announced the presence of Charlene
For the charity miles, it is not a rumor, this event is announced in all the newspapers , there is even an announce with the arms of the principauty , a week ago, the director of the races horses gave the interview about the race and the charity price
' prix de la princesse de monaco , charity miles ' february 25th

The Charity Mile, une première qui pourrait faire date - Jour de Galop

The google will help you to translate

For the sainte devote tournament, the date is already annnounced in the newspaper of Monaco Matin, and the exchange Monaco south africa , it is an event with the princess Charlene foundation, it is not new, there were already these events last years in 2015 and 2016, there is also the sainte devote tournament with a lot of international teams of young rugby players , it is the 7th international rugby international of the Sainte Devote , last year, Prince Jacques was present , I advice to read the thread about these events if you don't remember

Here is the announce of the exchange between the south africa children who came to pass a week in Monaco and playing the rugby tournament with the children of monaco who will fly to South Africa next july. it is an event of the Princess Charlene foundation , there was enough publicity to remember this event
And the Sainte Devote tournament will take place on march 18th 2017

Underprivileged kids to take part in Monaco rugby tournament | The Citizen

The charity miles is also announced on february 25th 2017 in this article, there is the announce with the arms of the principauty at the end of the article

Cagnes-sur-Mer : le point à mi-meeting - Equidia Live

And the raise monye will go to 18 associations for the animals, these associations are choose by Charlene

I'm looking forward to her kicking off her schedule for 2017. She's getting off to a slow start this year as outwith the Sainte Devote events she's done no engagements at all.

She was present to the Sainte Devote celebrations during two days just a week ago.
These fests were very important for Monaco, as important as the national fest , it is not nothing.
We did not see no members of the princely family
February is always very quiet when there are the winter olympic games, Albert can stay during all the two weeks .and during the times of Princess Grace, she stayed one month in the snow holidays

Charlene has just posted a picture on her IG @hshprincesscharlene to wish participants of the Midmar Mile well (unfortunately not allowed to share it here from the App). It seems proceeds from the event will go to the South African branch of her foundation.

Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 -

A pity the Princess couldn't make it to Pietermaritzburg this year. The last time she took part was just before her wedding in 2011. But nice to see her Foundation benefitting from this - they are doing very useful work in SA.

I'm looking forward to her kicking off her schedule for 2017. She's getting off to a slow start this year as outwith the Sainte Devote events she's done no engagements at all.

You are right Sophie! She is getting off slow since the marriage. I can't understand why. By the way there are a lot of rumors going on about the princely couple. It seems they are living separate lives, and she is attending only the more important events like Sainte Devote, F1 GP, Red Cross Ball and National day. That's a pity.

Last edited:
Maybe she will miss Sainte Devote? Or it could be very well that she will be able to attend both events if time allows it. Doubt it, though.

I don't think it is really clear from the article whether she will be at the actual Opening Ceremony or just attend during the course of the Games. A tweet mentioned that she would attend the Games. So I'm thinking St Devote rugby on March 18, whereafter she will go to Austria.

The Special Olympics is also very close to my heart. It is good to see P Charlene also supporting this cause.

:previous:

It's close to my heart as well C4A, and I am always so thrilled when I see members of various Royal families out there in support of the Games.:)

Looking forward to seeing Princess Charlene there.:)

Three big events for Charlene on march 18th

Sainte Devote tournament ( during all the day)
Ceremony of the opening of the world games of special olympics ( evening at 7pm)
Bal de la Rose

An another article said that Charlene will be at the opening of the ceremony of SO

I think she could attend the Sainte Devote tournemant to meet all the teams of the rugby and take the privat plane of Albert to fly to graz, ( about 2 hours of fly)

I doubt she could attend the bal de la rose at least she has a hologram

Thanks for the info, i'm sure royals would love to have a hologram sometimes so they could be at several places at a time ;)

Next saturday, there will be the 'prix princesse Charlene de Monaco, charity Mile'

An article about this big events where 18 charity associations or foundations were chose by the P Charlene

French Follow SA Lead | Sporting Post

There is an article about the 'prix princesse Charlène de Monaco, Charity Mile' in the local newspaper Monaco Matin
The draw was yesterday and the 18 associations are supporting the animals welfare , the people and children in need.
Princess Charlene will be present at cagnes sur Mer next saturday

http://www.monacomatin.mc/vie-local...au-profit-dassociations-caritatives-a-cagnes-

Princess Charlene attended the AMREF gala yesterday february 24th (african medical and researf foundation)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom