Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you don't remember that Ptincess Charlene was present with Albert and her children at the pic nic , and one week after, there were the princess Grace awards which lasted three days, the pre gala event on the yacht club , than the gala of the awards and on sunday, there was an another privat reception.

Monaco is small , there is not an inauguration every day as in other monarchies.

Yes, but do we have any news of what she might be doing in the future not what she has already done.

I just wondered if an official visitor is due in Monaco anytime soon or if she and Albert will be making an official visit abroad before the end of the year, that kind of thing.

As I've been posting in the wrong thread I'll post it here. I would like to see Charlene doing more duties as I don't think she does that many. Also, I like to see her out and about.

As I've been posting in the wrong thread I'll post it here. I would like to see Charlene doing more duties as I don't think she does that many. Also, I like to see her out and about.

She missed the official visit from San Marino last Wednesday but was photographed holidaying in Corsica on Sunday. She's Monaco's first lady so I thought that looked bad.

Well, they have a strange way of sharing out duties, in my opinion . However, it seems to suit her and Albert. I would just like to see her doing more as I find her much more interesting than Albert! He has an extremely full agenda - in fact, it sometimes seems to me that he would go to the opening of an envelope!

Well, they have a strange way of sharing out duties, in my opinion . However, it seems to suit her and Albert. I would just like to see her doing more as I find her much more interesting than Albert! He has an extremely full agenda - in fact, it sometimes seems to me that he would go to the opening of an envelope!

I agree, Albert seems to be out and about every other day carrying out engagements in Monacso and it's surrounding areas so there clearly are things his wife could be doing. She was quite busy in June and July and I understand that August is a holiday month but we are well into September now so hopefully she'll be doing more soon.

Prince Albert is not only the prince of Monaco but a real head of state , he is reigning and governing , he as more power than all the other Kings or Queens. He has already a full agenda for the next year , the dates of the next big events are already fixed
It is the palace who is judging if the presence of Charlene is necessary, and as in may and in june, she was very present because Albert was very travelling. I remember when the person who is criticing her , who was criticing Charlene because she was launching the TV festival instead to be present at the wedding of Carl philip of Sweden. It was the palace which said that it was more inportant for Monaco that Charlene would be present at the opening of the TV festival.
Albert likes his work and he does not deleguate his work to anybody.
Charlene was very busy with the princess Gala awards, it was at her initiative, she prepared the three days of celebrities , one pre event event gala , then the gala and there was an another event the sunday with the Council of the Princess Grace foundation Charlene prepared these three days with the staff but it was Under her responsability, it was at the palace and it was a sucess, I don't read a comment on Rffrom the persons who are criticing her now.
We don't see the princess since september 5th, we are on september 22th. only 15 days with a sad event for Charlene, the death of her grandmother the eve of the day of the visit of the régents of San Marin, not even a week zgo. I think we can let her quiet in this sad case. As I said it when a princess or a queen lost somebody of their family, they have some days free and we don'see them , can we respect this time for charlene.
Charlen was this week end at Porto Vecchio with the twins and we had the news that she attended with the twins to the mass at Porto Vecchio , the mass was in tribute to her grandmother.

Princess Charlene at the mass of Porto Vecchio with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella , hope to see more photos of the babies at this mass,

Princess Charlene Attended Sunday Mass In Porto-Vecchio - Royal News Site

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Albert is not only the prince of Monaco but a real head of state , he is reigning and governing , he as more power than all the other Kings or Queens. He has already a full agenda for the next year , the dates of the next big events are already fixed
It is the palace who is judging if the presence of Charlene is necessary, and as in may and in june, she was very present because Albert was very travelling. I remember when the person who is criticing her , who was criticing Charlene because she was launching the TV festival instead to be present at the wedding of Carl philip of Sweden. It was the palace which said that it was more inportant for Monaco that Charlene would be present at the opening of the TV festival.
Albert likes his work and he does not deleguate his work to anybody.
Charlene was very busy with the princess Gala awards, it was at her initiative, she prepared the three days of celebrities , one pre event event gala , then the gala and there was an another event the sunday with the Council of the Princess Grace foundation Charlene prepared these three days with the staff but it was Under her responsability, it was at the palace and it was a sucess, I don't read a comment on Rffrom the persons who are criticing her now.
We don't see the princess since september 5th, we are on september 22th. only 15 days with a sad event for Charlene, the death of her grandmother the eve of the day of the visit of the régents of San Marin, not even a week zgo. I think we can let her quiet in this sad case. As I said it when a princess or a queen lost somebody of their family, they have some days free and we don'see them , can we respect this time for charlene.
Charlen was this week end at Porto Vecchio with the twins and we had the news that she attended with the twins to the mass at Porto Vecchio , the mass was in tribute to her grandmother.

I'm sorry - am I the person "criticising" Charlene? - it's not clear from your post. Because if you are referring to me you're wrong - I did not say she should attend one event over another.

But I am entitled to be critical of both Charlene and Albert, if I want.

You're not very good at reading other people' s posts, are you? Always ready to see an insult towards your beloved Charlene even when none was intended.

I quite clearly said I would like to see her do more duties because I like seeing her out and about and because I find her interesting. I also said that the arrangement of duties appeared to suit Albert and Charlene (if not me!). And an inability to delegate the running of a small town is not a plus point in my opinion.

Well, it is quite possible that someone who does not have English as their native language may misunderstand/interpret the finer nuances of a statement and also not express him/herself as clearly as he/she may wish to.

Let's bear in mind that P Charlene has stated that she regarded her role as a mother as the most important one and would leave her husband to attend to the affairs of state. I don't think she has spent a single night away from them since their birth - and that explains why she hasn't travelled with him as often as before. The recent visit from a foreign delegation took place the day after her grandmother passed away. Maybe P Albert excused her at that time.

There has been no word from SA as to when the funeral would be or if it has already taken place, so it is very difficult as to speculate about her whereabouts.

But you are right in saying it would be nice to see her out and about a bit more, visiting schools and nurseries and attending openings and inaugurations as she did before. She is so beautiful and elegant, and with her newly found radiance and confidence, always a pleasure to watch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

The Principality of Monaco is not like Britain, Belgium, Spain, or most of the other monarchies. It's a tiny enclave of mostly extremely wealthy jet-setters and tax exiles. There are no real social problems.

All things considered, I believe Princess Charlene takes on quite a high profile for the causes she is concerned with...mainly disadvantaged children and the Princess Charlene Foundation. She fulfills her role as Albert's consort with warmth and elegance. She is at every high profile social, sports and religious event in the Principality.

Since the birth of the twins she has stepped back only slightly, but that is to be expected. She is still a quite visible princess, and both Albert and the Monegasques seem perfectly delighted with her.

I think she's fantastic.:)

Last edited:
Well, it is quite possible that someone who does not have English as their native language may misunderstand/interpret the finer nuances of a statement and also not express him/herself as clearly as he/she may wish to

Let's bear in mind that P Charlene has stated that she regarded her role as a mother as the most important one and would leave her husband to attend to the affairs of state. I don't think she has spent a single night away from them since their birth - and that explains why she hasn't travelled with him as often as before. The recent visit from a foreign delegation took place the day after her grandmother passed away. Maybe P Albert excused her at that time.

There has been no word from SA as to when the funeral would be or if it has already taken place, so it is very difficult as to speculate about her whereabouts.

But you are right in saying it would be nice to see her out and about a bit more, visiting schools and nurseries and attending openings and inaugurations as she did before. She is so beautiful and elegant, and with her newly found radiance and confidence, always a pleasure to watch.

Generally speaking, I would agree but in this specific instance, I think we will have to agree to disagree on your first point. Also, I don't think what I said originally was particularly nuanced. Sometimes, I like the things Charlene does and I say so, sometimes I don't post because other people have said what I thought and I have nothing new to add to the discussion and yes, sometimes I don't think something Charlene has done/said/worn is great and I say so. Some posters seem to feel that if you don't love everything about Charlene you are automatically a "hater".

I know Charlene (and possibly Albert) think the children are her first priority - I understand that. I also understand that given recent events in her family that she isn't making public appearances at the moment.

I think what Angela and I were saying was that everyone else is picking up their work again after the summer and it would be nice to see her out and about. Obviously, not while she's in mourning!

It might be shallow of me but I just think she's more interesting than Albert on his own. He may be very nice, extremely hard working but he's an overweight, balding late middle aged man and therefore, not quite as glamorous!

[Some posters seem to feel that if you don't love everything about Charlene you are automatically a "hater".]// quote Florestane

I agree! In fact you can find posters like that with almost all the current Royal women. Kate, Charlene and Letizia come immediately to mind.

It's very annoying, isn't it? One can be a fan/admirer without being a shill...at least I hope so.:ermm:

I am so glad someone said this! Just because they are Royals does not mean they are selfless perfect people who always always make stellar choices. Respectfully Pointing out a flaw or poor choice and civilly discussing it is different than unfairly bashing or hating on the Royal. This is Apparent most with Kate.

Monaco is a very tiny principality, it is less big than Hyde Park. There are not always a nursery or a home for old persons to inugurat every day and visiting a school or a collège is not good for the pupils who lost a day because their princess is visiting them. in the other monarchies, there are always somethink to inaugurat or to visit in a town of the country. Not in Monaco Monaco has a lot of nurseries , home for old persons and there are no inauguration in the future.
Prince Albert is working a lot as his father did it exept the travels , Prince rainier did not like to travel.and Grace was not inaugurating every day. she took holidays in august with her children on their yacht , in september she went to Paris with or without her children for the fashion week ,to be present to seme eveinigs, in Winter, she was in holidays with the children 3 weeks in Gstaadt, on eastern, again holidays, she did a lot of travels to visit her family in USa alone or with her chikdren. When Caroline was studying in Paris, she was staying with her daughters the week at Paris and returned for the week end ro Monaco, ans she travelled a lot for her récitals of poems some years before her death. But there were not internet where she could be criticed, we had only the magazines .
Now there is internet where the readers could follow the activities of all the Queens ot the princesses on forums or on blogs, every day, we know what are doing Kate, Letizia, Mary, Mathilde, Charlene

But the princess Grace founded two foundations, the AMADE and the princess Grace foundation, Prince rainer let her the presidence of the red cross ten years after their wedding, and Monaco would not be like it is now without the princess Grace.
But if it would be the internet, she would be criticed by the readers because we would not see her every day at a public event.
I want to say with the example of princess Grace that it is not why we don't see a queen or a princess at a public event that she does not work, she works also in her office for some foundations, she received personalities and so.

Thank you, melina premiere. You've expressed it very well. The Princess is the consort to the Head of State, and necessarily will keep a much lower profile in public events than he.
And, her children are still just babies! :flowers:

On Twitter is a picture of P Charlene posing with one of the boxers who will take part in tomorrow's tournament in Monaco.

I seem unable to post the link from my iPad. Maybe someone else can?

Thank You C4A,

Here is the photo

The Siberian Rocky meets the Princess of Monaco

There will be the night of Champions on saturday, november 7th, the father of princess Charlene is one of the administrators of these boxing galas in Monaco.

I am happy to see her again, I find her very elegant with this dress and these boots, and her face is rounder than before.She cut her hair

It is soon the national fest with the events around as the giving gifts to the desavantaged persons at the red cross of Monaco and the giving medals where she is always present apart last year because she was very present

And we will see soon Jacques and Gabriella at the balcony of the palace

Charlene isn't looking her best in that pic... her face is:eek:. She also looks quite emaciated. Hope everything is okay... wow, I didn't know that Charlene's father were also involved...:whistling:

I, too, am happy to see P Charlene again after a long absence. She doesn't seem any thinner than in September to me. Maybe the shorter hair makes her seem thinner.

She will surely be present at the events prior to National Day and on the day itself. Remember last year she was in the last stages of her pregnancy and only made a balcony appearance with her husband. And how nice it will be, if, as melina p suggested, the babies are present on the balcony with their parents!

Mike Wittstock, P Charlene's father, has in recent years become quite involved in mainly two codes of sport, boxing and horse racing. Just last week end he was at the races in South Africa, 2 of which were sponsored by His daughter's Foundation. And this weekend it's boxing in Monaco! Maybe we will even see P Charlene there too...

So glad she's back inMonaco, I was getting fearful that she and Albert had separated. I hope she starts carrying out engagements again soon.

I've read that Charlene and the twins have been living Corsica for the summer during the renovations of the Princely homes at Roc Agel and the Palais in Monaco. Albert is there as often as his busy schedule allows. There is no rift between them and I am starting to doubt that there ever has been. It's simply more tempting for lazy, sensationalist tabloids to report it as such:cool:.

Albert gave an interview last summer saying that it's extremely important to his wife to bond with the babies and to become a strong presence in their lives for the early years of their existence and that he supports her 100%.

The new stamps are lovely.:)

I, too, am happy to see P Charlene again after a long absence. She doesn't seem any thinner than in September to me. Maybe the shorter hair makes her seem thinner.

She will surely be present at the events prior to National Day and on the day itself. Remember last year she was in the last stages of her pregnancy and only made a balcony appearance with her husband. And how nice it will be, if, as melina p suggested, the babies are present on the balcony with their parents!

Mike Wittstock, P Charlene's father, has in recent years become quite involved in mainly two codes of sport, boxing and horse racing. Just last week end he was at the races in South Africa, 2 of which were sponsored by His daughter's Foundation. And this weekend it's boxing in Monaco! Maybe we will even see P Charlene there too...

So Charlene's foundation sponsors her father's horse racing?

Like the outfit and the hair - I think her face does look different but it is possibly just the haircut (or some weird photoshopping).

I can't wait to see her at this engagement, it's quite a serious one so I wonder if she will make a speech. I still hope for something before National Day though. Any word if there will be a gala for her autism charity this month as there usually is?

Charlene's face looks really puffy and... plastic in that photo... Such a pity

I think I love Charlene's new haircut...it reminds me of Jean Seberg and Mia Farrow circa the 60's.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom