Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am guessing that these twin engagements of Albert and Charlene were the reason they were not at the papal canonization in Rome this weekend?

I just find it so odd that they did not attend. :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
The white wide leg pants and top look stunning! Don't get me started on the shoes...yum, yum!

An article of Los Angeles

Princess Charlene of Monaco honored at Colleagues Spring Luncheon - latimes.com

Congratulat to princess Charlene, she does a good work for the children with her foundation, with the presidence of Monaa, special olympics.

Maybe Charlène does good work, but this awful place with those cheap floorcarpets, full of plastic-surgeoned ladies with female parts detesting grativity not to fall out of their dresses with never-ending cleveages...

The palais princier should have send a nice letter "thank you for your nice tribute but sadly Her Serene Highness can not find time in her busy schedule" and that was it. Instead of a honour to Charlène, this whole event has only dragged her down even more into the ranks of obscure celebbies.

I am sorry for Charlène. She really needs new and good advisers. She needs to rebrand herself as THE Princess of Monaco, as an epitome of style and grace, as a lady known for élégance, classe, charité.

:ermm:

Princess Grace went to events like this and she was The princess of Monaco at that times . She also attracted in Monaco a lot of actors and Actresses like Frank Sinatra, Ava Gardner , Gary Grant and so. The actress who gave to Charlene the award is very know in USA Prince Rainier founded the.Princess Grace foundation with a gala who attracts every year also a lot of celebbies, and this year the gala will take place on october 8th at Los Angeles for the first time, there will be actors and actress very know and a lot of cellebies and the princely couple will be present.
Charlene went to Tustin to attend the launching of her foundation and it would be not polite to send only a letter thank the commetee.

This event raised a lot of Money for the children institut that the colleagues support . It is an association for Children who are abused and children od no home parents. it was also a charity event. Duke of Cambridge and her wife the Kate of Cambridge also attend to these events with celebbies when it is a charity event. and other royals do the same . Why Princess Charlene would not attend to a charity event like this ?

It was the duty of Princess charlene to go to Tustin and to go to Los Angeles to receive her award . She does avery good work and it is good that some events like this recall it.

i understand that some persons are desappointed to see that Charlene does a good work .

I give you the link of the colleagues comettee and In the former years, Nancy reagan, Mrs Ford and Audrey Hedburn were also honored with this award

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fond...engagement-en-faveur-de-lenfa/652980994780813

[...]

It was the duty of Princess charlene to go to Tustin and to go to Los Angeles to receive her award . She does avery good work and it is good that some events like this recall it.

i understand that some persons are desappointed to see that Charlene does a good work .

Undoubtedly Charlène will do 'good work' as all princesses seem to do. That is a something which comes with their 'job'. We can only give applause to Charlène for that. There is no any disapointment.

What the "problem" is: the framing, the branding, the image. It sounds weird that I use these marketing terms but I feel this is necessary in the case of Monaco. Charlène still has not established herself as THE Princess of Monaco, THE première dame. She is still that former South-African swim champion who got married with a older, bigger, balder man and still seems to search for her "natural habitat" at the palais princier. At the same time her belle-soeur, the Princess of Hannover, automatically catches all attention and feels as the most important lady. Even the Casiraghi's often outshine poor Charlène.

She really needs to be more selective in what she does. A prestigious prize from the French government, the EU, the UN, from a renowned newspaper or a Foundation: yes! Getting a prize in a Beverly Hills Hotel by a committee of celebrities and fighting for attention with Reese Witherspoon and her boobies: no! My personal opinion is that Charlène needs to drag herself out of the ranks of celebbies and become for once a true epitome of style, class and grace. She has everything to become that: a natural beauty, a wonderful character, a serene smile. Now only a good adviser!

:flowers:

There is not a good prize or a bad prize The prize that Charlene received , was also given to Nancy Reagan, the wife of a very famious president , Betty ford or Audrey Hedburn who was a great dame for what she did for children.

I say again, Princess Charlene was right to go to this event who raises money for an institut of USA, I say again that some persons are desappointed to watch what she did with her foundation. A polite letter from the palace would be not polite, This event is as worth as other events .

It is your own feeling about Charlene, Charlene is seen as a The princess of Monaco married with a prince sovereign who did a good work with his foundation about the environnement, She is not outshined by her sister in law Princess Caroline , Happily she does not walk on the roads of her sisters in law who do both good work. And talking about the Casiraghi family, she is not outshined by the children of caroline who do nothing on Monaco apart in the jetset world and on the tabloids.

Charlene does also a good work for the autism with her presidence of the Monaa, last september, she attended to the meeting about the autism of Mrs ban Ke Moon the wife of the president of UN and next september , she will attend the Clinton Global Initiative as deleguée as president of Monaa. There is also a the gala for Monaa in november who is seen in Monaco as famious and glamour as the two other bal de al rose, gala de la croix rouge

As we say in France , there is not a bad work , there is bad persons

Other photos of the water safety at Tustin with princess charlene and her foundation
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151994722847251.1073741831.140041637250&type=1

These functions remind me of a TV programme I saw here some 10 years ago. It was about five loaded women on the Gold Coast (Queensland), who spent their days spending money and "appearing".

And they arranged a lunch amongst themselves to "raise funds for a charity", and I forget which charity it was.

But the point is, they raised $100; each gave $20 to the charity. And they shared the cost of the lunch, and that was round $1000. Why they couldn't give the $1000 to the charity and not eat out was, and is, beyond me. It seems very crass and in bad taste.

And exactly the same goes for these celebrity & Charlene functions. There is simply no need for face lifts, dress-ups and photos on carpets to raise funds and donate money. Just go and donate the money!

I agree with you, redtulip, up to a certain point. I have often wondered whether people ever see the irony in the amount they spend on themselves getting ready for these events. However, having a "name" at these events does raise the profile of a charity and therefore, more money. And I do think that Charlene does need to think a bit more carefully about "Brand Monaco". However, I think she is a bit more than a face on the carpet - she seems to like rolling her sleeves up and getting involved eg. in the water with the kids.

Sent from my HTC One using The Royals Community mobile app

ompare the colleagues who do a lot for Children institut with an unfair meeting of persons who share the money is unfair. Of course , many persons whith a name come to these charity events, actors, actresses, very rich women an they want to be taken in photos with the personality They pay a lot of mony to be there and it is in the all events in the world. And I will repeat it, some persons are so desappointed to see that Charlene is honored with a award that they find all to critic. They do not recall the wedding of Willian and Kate who had guests like Elton Jones with his Friend, Victoria Beckham and so, they do not remember when they came to Holliwwod or when they are taken in photos with actresses at a charity event but it is not Charlene. Charlene was honored with an award and they could not admit this.
Children's Institute, Inc.: The Colleagues

:previous:

We shouldn't mix up things - so far no one has said that Princess Charlene didn't deserve the award. Some members and people in general just don't like certain charity events. That's a matter of taste.

Some (rich) people just don't like to roll up their sleeves and do some charity work themselves, they don't like spending anonymously, but prefer to get attention and something back like a glamourous party. One may like that or not.

I think every Dollar, Euro spent for a good cause is well spent and every charity event draws attention to the organisations and causes the money is raised for, so I don't mind and Princess Charlene surely has the same in mind.

ompare the colleagues who do a lot for Children institut with an unfair meeting of persons who share the money is unfair. Of course , many persons whith a name come to these charity events, actors, actresses, very rich women an they want to be taken in photos with the personality They pay a lot of mony to be there and it is in the all events in the world. And I will repeat it, some persons are so desappointed to see that Charlene is honored with a award that they find all to critic. They do not recall the wedding of Willian and Kate who had guests like Elton Jones with his Friend, Victoria Beckham and so, they do not remember when they came to Holliwwod or when they are taken in photos with actresses at a charity event but it is not Charlene. Charlene was honored with an award and they could not admit this.
Children's Institute, Inc.: The Colleagues

It is no criticism to Charlène. I feel in your words that she is attacked. It is only a well-meant advice to her: think how you (want) appear to the world.

Vis-à-vis at the UNO in Genève, handshaking with Mr Ban Ki-moon?
Yes!

Attending a gala at Versailles for the Fondation Pour L'Enfance hosted by Mme Anne-Aymone Giscard d'Estaing?
Yes!

Posing at the Beverly Hills Hotel with celebrities and fighting for attention with Reese Witherspoon and her falling boobies?
No!

It is all about framing and be aware how it influences your public profile. The late Diana, Princess of Wales, had the same "problem". When she left the royal family suddenly she became 'befriended' with George Michael, Elton John, Bryan Adams and Gianni Versace. It did nothing for her. From a royal position, mother to the future King, she was only dragged down into the ranks of celebrities. And it was already so difficult to keep the line between royalty and celebrity. Charlène is going the same way, she needs to upgrade herself, to become a true Princesse de Monaco.

I agree with you, redtulip, up to a certain point. I have often wondered whether people ever see the irony in the amount they spend on themselves getting ready for these events. However, having a "name" at these events does raise the profile of a charity and therefore, more money. And I do think that Charlene does need to think a bit more carefully about "Brand Monaco". However, I think she is a bit more than a face on the carpet - she seems to like rolling her sleeves up and getting involved eg. in the water with the kids.

Yes, I agree; that's the theory of it. But do people seriously even remember what it was/is about? I don't think so. All they remember, I believe, is that Charlene was somewhere and she wore green! :)

Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -

@Duc_et_Pair: You make some very valid points. It's time PC steps up to the plate to position herself correctly -- as the First Lady of Monaco. It's great to see how she's immersing herself in the work of her foundation (along with countless other worthy causes), but at this stage some sound 'image building' can go a long way towards helping her make her mark. A good start would be to fire her advisors.

Last edited:
Charlene going the way of Diana? I think not. This thread has turned into rubbish.

I will repeat that here some people don't like Charlene, she will be always criticed by these persons. What are they to judge what she has to do or what persons she must meet, what persons are not worthy to be taken in photos with a princess, what sort of price is worth for a princess. ?
They just want to hide that Princess has the honor to be honored by a commettee who did a lot of good actions for a children institut, a commettee where Many persons were also honored like NANCY REAGAN, BETTY FORD, AUDREY HEPBURN.
To compare Princess Charlene to Princess Diana is unfair , Prince Charles was taken in photo with the spice girls, Elton Jones and his friends , Victoria Beckham and so came to the wedding of Prince William, if it was only the fact of Princess Diana, these persons would not be the guests of Willliam. At the wedding of Albert and Charlene there were also persons like Noami Campbell, Victoria silverstedt , famious singers and it was two very beautiful weddings
Princess Grace met and invited frank Sinatra, Gary Grant , Ava Gardner or other actors who were not appreciated by the public.and she was The princess of Monaco
This price shows that Princess Charlene does a good work for children since her wedding and that you cannot appreciat, she is doing her work of princess .

Princess Charlene met Ban Ki Moon at the palace in april with Albert in april 2013 and all the photos show that she received them with the dignity of a princess, she met again Mrs Ban Ki Moon last september when she was her guest of a meeting again autism with other wifes of head of states and Mrs Ban Ki Moon said Charlene did a good work for the Children victims of the autism. And next september, she will return to New York to attend the Clinton Global Initiative as delegue . She does not need of the advice of some person here . What will they say at this momet?

Princess Charlene met also members of the princess Grace foundation

https://twitter.com/PrincessGraceUS/status/461895829880467456/photo/1

The gala will take next october and will attrackt all the high society and many actors or actresses and 'cellebies' who will happy to meet the principaly couple.

I think it is a difficult line to walk between royalty & celebrity but it is applicable to all young Royals - particularly those who are not born Royal - and not just Charlene. Charlene does have the added problem that Moanco thrives on its celebrity events which the Royals patronise, but I don't think this is any different to the situation Grace found herself in, and on balance I think she appears to manage this well.

I think it is a difficult line to walk between royalty & celebrity but it is applicable to all young Royals - particularly those who are not born Royal - and not just Charlene. Charlene does have the added problem that Moanco thrives on its celebrity events which the Royals patronise, but I don't think this is any different to the situation Grace found herself in, and on balance I think she appears to manage this well.

I agree with this post entirely. Just like we have to look at the totality of Charlene's events, it's important to recognize the difference between Monaco and other royal countries.

Still, it would be good for Charlene to get into meatier/more complex issues; not saying that her current causes aren't good, but it never hurts to dip your toe into deep, important waters.

Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -

It seems to me that Princess Charlene continues to improve in all areas as First Lady of Monaco. Her
wardrobe, poise, confidence and appearances for charity events present a princess more at ease with
her role.

Last edited:
I think Charlene's wardrobe is excellent, and her style is superior to that of Grace. As far as I can see, Charlene is the only lady in a similar position with a style of her own.

I also agree that Grace and Charlene are in a similar kind of position, but I find it difficult to compare their positions as it's almost 60 years since Grace & Rainier wedding, and things have changed enormously since, family structures included. (This is a reference to Albert's two children, and the concept of the existence of those children would have been unthinkable in the late 50's. - Yes, I do know it's off topic, so won't go into that further).

I think of Charlene as a person with a great wardrobe and a talent for a style that suits her. I think she's lonely and vulnerable, and may not have a confidante. I also think she has had too many face jobs. I know she's good at swimming and attending fashion shows.

Charlene going the way of Diana? I think not. This thread has turned into rubbish.

Re-read the post once again, please. Nowhere is suggested that Charlène is following Diana. It was about how someone can frame him/herself and appears in the media. When Diana surrounded herself with folks as George Michael, Elton John, Bryan Adams and Gianni Versace she was clearly leaving the royal world and entered the world of celebrity. The danger of becoming dragged out of the royal world and into the ranks of celebrity culture was apparent. Let us not fool ourselves. The strange thing was that Diana complained about being hunted by the media. At the other hand she was almost "inviting" paperazzi to disturb her life by having the biggest megastars as "her friends".

I see Charlène posing as a star. The latest report in Hola! was completely branding her as a megastar, not as Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco. At least, it did not have that effect on me. Standing next to celebbies, posing with "her good side", her lips in a sort of modelling pose. Her "colleague" Clotilde Courau has exactly the same sort of Red Carpet-itis: turning, crawling and set the lips in "photo-opportunity mode". You never see Catherine, Mathilde or Victoria doing that. Charlène is a famous person, a former swimmer engaged with the son of Princess Grace, residing in glamorous Monaco. Grace Kelly was able to uplift herself from an actress into a true Princesse de Monaco. Her daughter Princess Caroline has 'it'. Whatever she might have done wrong, Caroline always and ever has an air, a présence. (Stéphanie does not have 'it', Albert also not, in my very own personal and humble opinion).

My only advice to Charlène, and I do love her, I think she is a sweet lady, probably doing the best she can but has no idea what, is always and ever keep in mind that she is Madame la Princesse de Monaco and "is posing with Reese Witherspoon in a Beverly Hills Hotel with awfully cheaplooking carpets a good idea?". An award ceremony in the stylish grandeur of Hôtel de Paris, Monte Carlo? Yes! An award ceremony in some unclear Beverly Hills Hotel where you are only invited because you are a Big Name? No! For the rest I wish Charlène all the best and I am sure she has everything to become a great Princess of Monaco. Just find good counsel and advice...

:flowers:

Last edited:
I will say again that some persons don't like Charlene and they will always try to critic what she is doing.
For me, the most important thing is near the fact that Charlene received an award for her actions for children, the most impotant thing is that this event raised a lot of money because there was a lot of persons, the high society who wanted to meet Princess Charlene, and this money will be for the children institut for children and children will be happy. Not to see that shows that some persons have no heart and prefer to argue about Princess Charlene they don't like
In Monaco, Prince Rainier and Princess Grace lauched two festivals, one is the comedy festival and one is the Tv festival , they were the patrons of these two festivals and there are a lot of photos of them with actors and actresses, Albert is now the patron of these two festivals and he is always present at the opening of these two festivals, each time, he poses with the actors and actresses, next june , there will be the Tv festival, Albert is always present to opening of the Tv festival and at the giving awards and he is posing on the red carpet with a lot of actresses, Charlene is not present but she is present with Albert when they receive them in the honor yard of the palace and we saw a lot of photos of the principaly couple posing with the actors and actresses. We have even a photo taken in 2010 prince Albert, Princess Caroline and Charlene Wittstock receiving these persons in the palace now, it is only Albert and Charlene who receive. I don't think they will change only for you, because you don't like Charlene.

I will remember to these persons who critic Charlene that they forget that Princess Grace was a former actress and that Charlotte Casiraghi had an illigitimat child with an actor Gad El Maleh.

I will repeat again and again that these persons hate Charlene and try to hide that Charlene was honored for her actions for children.
Next week , Prince Albert and princess Charlene will receive the president of the Montenegro and his wife and Princess Charlene will talk with the president's wife about their actions in a room of the palace and they will join their husbands for an official diner. An other side of the work of the princess.

Melina, if you prefer to erect a statue and worship daily at the cathedral of Saint Charlene, more power to you. However, those who prefer to worship elsewhere are just as entitled to their opinions as you are to your fanatical worship. No one is right or wrong but intolerance of either is wrong. Everyone has their own values and opinions. Criticism is not hate, just as your criticism of Grace, Caroline and her children is acceptable to you. Charlene is acting like a socialite and not a royal. If Mary were doing this or Maxima or any wife of a head of state, people would feel the same way.

Last edited:
I don't erect a statue but I give news about Charlene and Albert and I will go on to give my opinions and news about charlene and Albert, I never critic any princesses or queens of any monarchies, you could search, you will never find a begining of cristiscisme I don't like the criticisme, I never critic Princess grace and Princess Caroline and her children , I give true news and I never lie on the queens and princesses. Where do I critic Princess Grace, Caroline and her children, I only say that it is different in monaco, we see all the princesses posing with actresses, from Grace to Stéphanie who was a famious singer but who do a marvellious job with fightaids.
You are alike many persons on this thread who hate Charlene and you are desappointed like some persons to see that she was honored with an award, yes We never saw Princess Mary and queen Maxima in swimsuit wet hair learning to teach to children, they do their job differant way and it is well.

And I have no lesson to receive from you Booing on the intolerence,

I think Charlene may not be comfortable with herself, especially because a massive change in lifestyle in Monaco.

Then again, there are lots of people around who are not comfortable with themselves, and who have problems.

I don't think any of the posters on this thread hate Charlene - they just don't think absolutely everything she does is irreproachable. I understand part of her jobs is spending time with celebrities who help raise the profile of organisations. I'm glad she received this award for her work with children and I admire her hands on approach to her foundation work. I don't always like what she wears, I think she needs to address the issue of that look of boredom, edging towards petulance that she occasionally wears. I also think she should be speaking much better French than she currently does.
But just to be clear - I don't "hate" her - I don't know her.

Also, Melina, you do criticise - you criticise your fellow posters regularly without even knowing them or paying attention to the nuances of what they say.

Melina, if you prefer to erect a statue and worship daily at the cathedral of Saint Charlene, more power to you. However, those who prefer to worship elsewhere are just as entitled to their opinions as you are to your fanatical worship. No one is right or wrong but intolerance of either is wrong. Everyone has their own values and opinions. Criticism is not hate, just as your criticism of Grace, Caroline and her children is acceptable to you. Charlene is acting like a socialite and not a royal. If Mary were doing this or Maxima or any wife of a head of state, people would feel the same way.
Well said!

Anyone is entitled to their opionions! Sometimes I get the fear of being attack from Melina! it is not supposed to be.. Everyone can write their point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom