The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 09-13-2015, 05:35 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I think you don't remember that Ptincess Charlene was present with Albert and her children at the pic nic , and one week after, there were the princess Grace awards which lasted three days, the pre gala event on the yacht club , than the gala of the awards and on sunday, there was an another privat reception.


Monaco is small , there is not an inauguration every day as in other monarchies.
Yes, but do we have any news of what she might be doing in the future not what she has already done.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 09-13-2015, 07:36 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
I just wondered if an official visitor is due in Monaco anytime soon or if she and Albert will be making an official visit abroad before the end of the year, that kind of thing.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 09-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
As I've been posting in the wrong thread I'll post it here. I would like to see Charlene doing more duties as I don't think she does that many. Also, I like to see her out and about.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
As I've been posting in the wrong thread I'll post it here. I would like to see Charlene doing more duties as I don't think she does that many. Also, I like to see her out and about.
She missed the official visit from San Marino last Wednesday but was photographed holidaying in Corsica on Sunday. She's Monaco's first lady so I thought that looked bad.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 09-22-2015, 02:55 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Well, they have a strange way of sharing out duties, in my opinion . However, it seems to suit her and Albert. I would just like to see her doing more as I find her much more interesting than Albert! He has an extremely full agenda - in fact, it sometimes seems to me that he would go to the opening of an envelope!
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 09-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Well, they have a strange way of sharing out duties, in my opinion . However, it seems to suit her and Albert. I would just like to see her doing more as I find her much more interesting than Albert! He has an extremely full agenda - in fact, it sometimes seems to me that he would go to the opening of an envelope!
I agree, Albert seems to be out and about every other day carrying out engagements in Monacso and it's surrounding areas so there clearly are things his wife could be doing. She was quite busy in June and July and I understand that August is a holiday month but we are well into September now so hopefully she'll be doing more soon.
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 09-22-2015, 07:36 PM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
Prince Albert is not only the prince of Monaco but a real head of state , he is reigning and governing , he as more power than all the other Kings or Queens. He has already a full agenda for the next year , the dates of the next big events are already fixed
It is the palace who is judging if the presence of Charlene is necessary, and as in may and in june, she was very present because Albert was very travelling. I remember when the person who is criticing her , who was criticing Charlene because she was launching the TV festival instead to be present at the wedding of Carl philip of Sweden. It was the palace which said that it was more inportant for Monaco that Charlene would be present at the opening of the TV festival.
Albert likes his work and he does not deleguate his work to anybody.
Charlene was very busy with the princess Gala awards, it was at her initiative, she prepared the three days of celebrities , one pre event event gala , then the gala and there was an another event the sunday with the Council of the Princess Grace foundation Charlene prepared these three days with the staff but it was Under her responsability, it was at the palace and it was a sucess, I don't read a comment on Rffrom the persons who are criticing her now.
We don't see the princess since september 5th, we are on september 22th. only 15 days with a sad event for Charlene, the death of her grandmother the eve of the day of the visit of the régents of San Marin, not even a week zgo. I think we can let her quiet in this sad case. As I said it when a princess or a queen lost somebody of their family, they have some days free and we don'see them , can we respect this time for charlene.
Charlen was this week end at Porto Vecchio with the twins and we had the news that she attended with the twins to the mass at Porto Vecchio , the mass was in tribute to her grandmother.

Princess Charlene at the mass of Porto Vecchio with Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella , hope to see more photos of the babies at this mass,


Princess Charlene Attended Sunday Mass In Porto-Vecchio - Royal News Site
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 09-22-2015, 08:07 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Prince Albert is not only the prince of Monaco but a real head of state , he is reigning and governing , he as more power than all the other Kings or Queens. He has already a full agenda for the next year , the dates of the next big events are already fixed
It is the palace who is judging if the presence of Charlene is necessary, and as in may and in june, she was very present because Albert was very travelling. I remember when the person who is criticing her , who was criticing Charlene because she was launching the TV festival instead to be present at the wedding of Carl philip of Sweden. It was the palace which said that it was more inportant for Monaco that Charlene would be present at the opening of the TV festival.
Albert likes his work and he does not deleguate his work to anybody.
Charlene was very busy with the princess Gala awards, it was at her initiative, she prepared the three days of celebrities , one pre event event gala , then the gala and there was an another event the sunday with the Council of the Princess Grace foundation Charlene prepared these three days with the staff but it was Under her responsability, it was at the palace and it was a sucess, I don't read a comment on Rffrom the persons who are criticing her now.
We don't see the princess since september 5th, we are on september 22th. only 15 days with a sad event for Charlene, the death of her grandmother the eve of the day of the visit of the régents of San Marin, not even a week zgo. I think we can let her quiet in this sad case. As I said it when a princess or a queen lost somebody of their family, they have some days free and we don'see them , can we respect this time for charlene.
Charlen was this week end at Porto Vecchio with the twins and we had the news that she attended with the twins to the mass at Porto Vecchio , the mass was in tribute to her grandmother.
I'm sorry - am I the person "criticising" Charlene? - it's not clear from your post. Because if you are referring to me you're wrong - I did not say she should attend one event over another.

But I am entitled to be critical of both Charlene and Albert, if I want.

You're not very good at reading other people' s posts, are you? Always ready to see an insult towards your beloved Charlene even when none was intended.

I quite clearly said I would like to see her do more duties because I like seeing her out and about and because I find her interesting. I also said that the arrangement of duties appeared to suit Albert and Charlene (if not me!). And an inability to delegate the running of a small town is not a plus point in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 09-22-2015, 08:35 PM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 649
Well, it is quite possible that someone who does not have English as their native language may misunderstand/interpret the finer nuances of a statement and also not express him/herself as clearly as he/she may wish to.

Let's bear in mind that P Charlene has stated that she regarded her role as a mother as the most important one and would leave her husband to attend to the affairs of state. I don't think she has spent a single night away from them since their birth - and that explains why she hasn't travelled with him as often as before. The recent visit from a foreign delegation took place the day after her grandmother passed away. Maybe P Albert excused her at that time.

There has been no word from SA as to when the funeral would be or if it has already taken place, so it is very difficult as to speculate about her whereabouts.

But you are right in saying it would be nice to see her out and about a bit more, visiting schools and nurseries and attending openings and inaugurations as she did before. She is so beautiful and elegant, and with her newly found radiance and confidence, always a pleasure to watch.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 09-22-2015, 09:03 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
The Principality of Monaco is not like Britain, Belgium, Spain, or most of the other monarchies. It's a tiny enclave of mostly extremely wealthy jet-setters and tax exiles. There are no real social problems.

All things considered, I believe Princess Charlene takes on quite a high profile for the causes she is concerned with...mainly disadvantaged children and the Princess Charlene Foundation. She fulfills her role as Albert's consort with warmth and elegance. She is at every high profile social, sports and religious event in the Principality.

Since the birth of the twins she has stepped back only slightly, but that is to be expected. She is still a quite visible princess, and both Albert and the Monegasques seem perfectly delighted with her.

I think she's fantastic.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 09-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Well, it is quite possible that someone who does not have English as their native language may misunderstand/interpret the finer nuances of a statement and also not express him/herself as clearly as he/she may wish to

Let's bear in mind that P Charlene has stated that she regarded her role as a mother as the most important one and would leave her husband to attend to the affairs of state. I don't think she has spent a single night away from them since their birth - and that explains why she hasn't travelled with him as often as before. The recent visit from a foreign delegation took place the day after her grandmother passed away. Maybe P Albert excused her at that time.

There has been no word from SA as to when the funeral would be or if it has already taken place, so it is very difficult as to speculate about her whereabouts.

But you are right in saying it would be nice to see her out and about a bit more, visiting schools and nurseries and attending openings and inaugurations as she did before. She is so beautiful and elegant, and with her newly found radiance and confidence, always a pleasure to watch.


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Generally speaking, I would agree but in this specific instance, I think we will have to agree to disagree on your first point. Also, I don't think what I said originally was particularly nuanced. Sometimes, I like the things Charlene does and I say so, sometimes I don't post because other people have said what I thought and I have nothing new to add to the discussion and yes, sometimes I don't think something Charlene has done/said/worn is great and I say so. Some posters seem to feel that if you don't love everything about Charlene you are automatically a "hater".

I know Charlene (and possibly Albert) think the children are her first priority - I understand that. I also understand that given recent events in her family that she isn't making public appearances at the moment.

I think what Angela and I were saying was that everyone else is picking up their work again after the summer and it would be nice to see her out and about. Obviously, not while she's in mourning!

It might be shallow of me but I just think she's more interesting than Albert on his own. He may be very nice, extremely hard working but he's an overweight, balding late middle aged man and therefore, not quite as glamorous!
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 09-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
[Some posters seem to feel that if you don't love everything about Charlene you are automatically a "hater".]// quote Florestane

I agree! In fact you can find posters like that with almost all the current Royal women. Kate, Charlene and Letizia come immediately to mind.

It's very annoying, isn't it? One can be a fan/admirer without being a shill...at least I hope so.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
I am so glad someone said this! Just because they are Royals does not mean they are selfless perfect people who always always make stellar choices. Respectfully Pointing out a flaw or poor choice and civilly discussing it is different than unfairly bashing or hating on the Royal. This is Apparent most with Kate.
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 09-23-2015, 03:15 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
Monaco is a very tiny principality, it is less big than Hyde Park. There are not always a nursery or a home for old persons to inugurat every day and visiting a school or a collège is not good for the pupils who lost a day because their princess is visiting them. in the other monarchies, there are always somethink to inaugurat or to visit in a town of the country. Not in Monaco Monaco has a lot of nurseries , home for old persons and there are no inauguration in the future.
Prince Albert is working a lot as his father did it exept the travels , Prince rainier did not like to travel.and Grace was not inaugurating every day. she took holidays in august with her children on their yacht , in september she went to Paris with or without her children for the fashion week ,to be present to seme eveinigs, in Winter, she was in holidays with the children 3 weeks in Gstaadt, on eastern, again holidays, she did a lot of travels to visit her family in USa alone or with her chikdren. When Caroline was studying in Paris, she was staying with her daughters the week at Paris and returned for the week end ro Monaco, ans she travelled a lot for her récitals of poems some years before her death. But there were not internet where she could be criticed, we had only the magazines .
Now there is internet where the readers could follow the activities of all the Queens ot the princesses on forums or on blogs, every day, we know what are doing Kate, Letizia, Mary, Mathilde, Charlene

But the princess Grace founded two foundations, the AMADE and the princess Grace foundation, Prince rainer let her the presidence of the red cross ten years after their wedding, and Monaco would not be like it is now without the princess Grace.
But if it would be the internet, she would be criticed by the readers because we would not see her every day at a public event.
I want to say with the example of princess Grace that it is not why we don't see a queen or a princess at a public event that she does not work, she works also in her office for some foundations, she received personalities and so.
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 09-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 655
Thank you, melina premiere. You've expressed it very well. The Princess is the consort to the Head of State, and necessarily will keep a much lower profile in public events than he.
And, her children are still just babies!
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 10-22-2015, 03:24 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,694
.

Posts about Princess Charlene's newest stamp have been moved to the following thread:


** The Stamps Of Monaco **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 11-06-2015, 05:21 AM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 649
On Twitter is a picture of P Charlene posing with one of the boxers who will take part in tomorrow's tournament in Monaco.

I seem unable to post the link from my iPad. Maybe someone else can?


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 11-06-2015, 05:59 AM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,880
Thank You C4A,

Here is the photo


The Siberian Rocky meets the Princess of Monaco


There will be the night of Champions on saturday, november 7th, the father of princess Charlene is one of the administrators of these boxing galas in Monaco.

I am happy to see her again, I find her very elegant with this dress and these boots, and her face is rounder than before.She cut her hair


It is soon the national fest with the events around as the giving gifts to the desavantaged persons at the red cross of Monaco and the giving medals where she is always present apart last year because she was very present


And we will see soon Jacques and Gabriella at the balcony of the palace
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 11-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,676
Charlene isn't looking her best in that pic... her face is. She also looks quite emaciated. Hope everything is okay... wow, I didn't know that Charlene's father were also involved...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 11-06-2015, 10:48 AM
C4A's Avatar
C4A C4A is online now
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 649
I, too, am happy to see P Charlene again after a long absence. She doesn't seem any thinner than in September to me. Maybe the shorter hair makes her seem thinner.

She will surely be present at the events prior to National Day and on the day itself. Remember last year she was in the last stages of her pregnancy and only made a balcony appearance with her husband. And how nice it will be, if, as melina p suggested, the babies are present on the balcony with their parents!

Mike Wittstock, P Charlene's father, has in recent years become quite involved in mainly two codes of sport, boxing and horse racing. Just last week end he was at the races in South Africa, 2 of which were sponsored by His daughter's Foundation. And this weekend it's boxing in Monaco! Maybe we will even see P Charlene there too...


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
princess charlene


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall eveningwear e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess victoria birthday princess victorias daytime fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises