Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 2: January 2014 -December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on another forum that Charlene was due to be in Durban today to launch the South African branch of her foundation. Are there any pictures around?

^^^Searched everywhere I could think of, but there is no mention anywhere of an event of the PCF today. So I'm not at all sure whether it actually took place as scheduled.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

For the SA events, it was not officially confirmed, it was a SA newspaper wich published about the PC foundation and said that P charlene will be at Durban for the new branch on may 4th , the article was published in december 2014, perhaps, it was cancelled because there will be also the launching of the foundation in USA which seems to be bigger than the events in SA.

https://consulofmonaco.com/2016/05/...rowning-prevention-and-childrens-pool-safety/

I think the foundation is becoming more bigger and the foundation has now branchs in USA and in SA.

It is nice that Greg Lougaris is member of the board of the foundation in USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Still short short hair I was hoping it had grown while she had been away.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

As always Charlene looks wonderful. The orange dress show how much bright colours suit her.

Thank you for the answer , Florestane.

Princess Charlene at the lunch where she was honored with the blue rubban for her work with her foundation

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/ph...charlene-of-monaco-photo-dactualité/531079646

A another photo

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/ph...tti-and-her-serene-photo-dactualité/531083592

Princess Charlene has Has a conversation

http://www.gettyimages.fr/detail/ph...charlene-of-monaco-photo-dactualité/531079640

Paris Match photos

Charlène, sirène et si belle en Californie

THe photos of the lunch where Charlene was honored with an award for the work of her foundation

NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

Article about the launching of the branch of the foundation

A royal course in water safety

A another article

The Blue Ribbon Group Welcomes Princess Charlene Of Monaco To L.A. At Music Center Luncheon | BH Courier

What’s It Really Like to Be the Princess of Monaco? - Los Angeles Magazine

Photos of the event at the blue ribbon center on the official of the FB palace page

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1068512843227624.1073741885.248841815194735&type=3

Melina, Many thanks for sharing these lovely photos of a wonderful Princess!!

It is not the fault of Charlene if the reporter is making a very little resume about her conversation with Mary Hart and I think it was a correct interview.

Princess Charlene on Her Twins in Their 'Terrible Twos' : People.com

I find her statement very arrrogant:

"For now, I'm a full time mom, I don't know how long that will be for. But yes, it is quite a difficult situation in comparison to the normal folk. We do have responsibilities and duties, and of course my son and my daughter are born into our responsibility. So it's quite something for me to accept that and to educate them.”

First, she is not a full time mom, because if she was, she wouldn't sit there and do the interview. It's rather that she does what she likes, and when she likes something, like her foundations' events, there are nannies to look after her children. She becomes a full time mom when its about events she doesnt like.

Second, her reference to 'normal folk' is rather disturbing, as if 'normal folk' wouldn't have any duties or responsibilities. I guess if Charlene had to do 'normal folks' duties and responsibilities', like a full time working job, providing for a family, handling children without staff etc etc she wouldn't last a day.

:previous:
Letizia, Máxima, Mary, Mette-Marit, Crown Princess of Sweden Victoria, Mathilde has basically the same responsibility that Charlene, and yet always conciliaram well its role of Mama and her Royal duties. As any woman reconciles the family with work. These statements of Charlene are unhappy.

Princess Charlene on Her Twins in Their 'Terrible Twos' : People.com

I find her statement very arrrogant:

"For now, I'm a full time mom, I don't know how long that will be for. But yes, it is quite a difficult situation in comparison to the normal folk. We do have responsibilities and duties, and of course my son and my daughter are born into our responsibility. So it's quite something for me to accept that and to educate them.”

First, she is not a full time mom, because if she was, she wouldn't sit there and do the interview. It's rather that she does what she likes, and when she likes something, like her foundations' events, there are nannies to look after her children. She becomes a full time mom when its about events she doesnt like.

Second, her reference to 'normal folk' is rather disturbing, as if 'normal folk' wouldn't have any duties or responsibilities. I guess if Charlene had to do 'normal folks' duties and responsibilities', like a full time working job, providing for a family, handling children without staff etc etc she wouldn't last a day.

Yes I tend to agree this is an unfortunate remark, which hopefully was unintended in the way it comes across.

I think you must read the activities of Charlene since the beginning of the year. She attended the national fests, Sainte Devote fests, religious procession which are more near in the heart of the people of Monaco than the bling bling bal de la Rose and the birthday of a foreign king .
She visited the refugees at Vintimilla, she met the pope , she visited the schools and college Charles III in february, she gave the price Princess Charlene Rally, she attended the Sainte Devote tournment and she was also present to the tennis final of masters , these cérémonies or events had nothing to do with her foundation apart the tournoi sainte Devote. the fests of the Sainte Devote and the religious procession are not events of sport, I think.

She was in California for the launching of her foundation , it was a big event and it was more important than the reception of a royal king , she was the ambassador of Monaco and it was a publicity about Monaco and the last day was very important with the presence of consuls, mayors and secretary of states. It was a a suceess for Charlene.

I don't understand the comment that Charlene is not a full time mother because she was in california for her foundation and she left her children for this. She never left her children since their birth apart the visit to the vatican. she never travelled alone without them , she is a devoted mother even if she has nannies to help her. Albert is agreed that she is a full mother time.he said it a lot of times in the interviews and in the Christmas video.

How do you know that she would not stay a day if she was a normal folk with all the work of a normal mother? and do you think that a lot of persons would be able to talk in public, to do a conversation , to be taken in photos anytime as the royals , the not normal folk?

Leatizia, Maxima, Mary and so have children who are more aged than the children of Charlene and I remembered than Mett Maritt was very criticed when she was not present at some events because her children were still babies.

It is the willing of the couple that Charlene is a full time mother and this way of life? and I don't see what is worst? let respect them.

and it is nice she received an award for the work of her foundation, she deserves it.

Both articles based on the interview that I have seen so far have not come across very well. I'm thinking maybe her responses were taken out of context. I hope that the video footage of the interview will clarify what she said and put it into context. I will wait for this before forming an opinion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

How do you know that she would not stay a day if she was a normal folk with all the work of a normal mother? and do you think that a lot of persons would be able to talk in public, to do a conversation , to be taken in photos anytime as the royals , the not normal folk?

Leatizia, Maxima, Mary and so have children who are more aged than the children of Charlene and I remembered than Mett Maritt was very criticed when she was not present at some events because her children were still babies.

Nobody forced Charlene to become Princess of Monaco, lead a life of luxury and privileges, being surrounded by staff, not having to worry about financial matters for the rest of her life etc etc.

If she doesn't like the pressure of being a public person or the duty or responsibility she could have left before or she could leave now but she doesn't. Charlene is Princess of Monaco and not a full time mother, it's just an excuse not to attend when it doesn't suit her.

And just to mention Charlene's name together with Mary or especially Letizia when it comes to duty while being a mother is a total joke. There is no comparison, not even remotely.

I think you must read the activities of Charlene since the beginning of the year. She attended the national fests, Sainte Devote fests, religious procession which are more near in the heart of the people of Monaco than the bling bling bal de la Rose and the birthday of a foreign king .
She visited the refugees at Vintimilla, she met the pope , she visited the schools and college Charles III in february, she gave the price Princess Charlene Rally, she attended the Sainte Devote tournment and she was also present to the tennis final of masters , these cérémonies or events had nothing to do with her foundation apart the tournoi sainte Devote. the fests of the Sainte Devote and the religious procession are not events of sport, I think.

She was in California for the launching of her foundation , it was a big event and it was more important than the reception of a royal king , she was the ambassador of Monaco and it was a publicity about Monaco and the last day was very important with the presence of consuls, mayors and secretary of states. It was a a suceess for Charlene.

I don't understand the comment that Charlene is not a full time mother because she was in california for her foundation and she left her children for this. She never left her children since their birth apart the visit to the vatican. she never travelled alone without them , she is a devoted mother even if she has nannies to help her. Albert is agreed that she is a full mother time.he said it a lot of times in the interviews and in the Christmas video.

It is the willing of the couple that Charlene is a full time mother and this way of life? and I don't see what is worst? let respect them.

You always list things as if Charlene has done lots - she really does very little.

You keep referring to the "bling, bling" ball in very disparaging tones yet YOU Melina Premiere declared she was going to be there. If she turns up to the Red Cross Gala I guess it won't be "bling, bling", if she doesn't, it will. You state certain events are of more importance than others - that is your subjective opinion, NOT fact. Others disagree.

It's great to see her doing something to promote her foundation, I think its work is great (if somewhat limited in its purview) and it's nice to see her being awarded for that.

However, it would _also_ be nice to see her promoting Monaco more frequently a bit closer to home, like in Monaco. It seems weird to onlookers that she doesn't, no matter what Albert says - not least because people remember his mother who was able to spend time with her children, attend events, keep an eye on her foundation and learn to speak French.

I'm glad she spends time with her children, they are very cute and I certainly think she is a very devoted mother. However, I'm pretty sure she isn't a full time mother - several nannies to help out is not full time. I would love to know what it is she does all day.

I do think her comment about "normal folks" does appear arrogant but I suspect it was a question of poor phraseology rather than a snotty attitude - but, to be honest, I don't think she has the most subtle, diplomatic way with what she says.

I spend my childhood in Nice at 20 minutes far away of Monaco, I was member of the basketbal team of ASM Monaco during a long time and I kept a lot of Monegash friends and monegash résidents, my sister and my daughter are married with monegash résidents and I attended the National fests of Monaco on the place of the palace, I attended a lot of times the Sainte Devote fests , I married and I left Nice to follow my husband but I returned always to Nice and attended to all the fests.
Now, I return each time I can between two chimiotherapie traitments
I know more than other persons in the forums what are the most important fests who are near the heart the people of Monaco and I can say you that they are very tied to the Sainte Devote fests, the religious processions, because they are catholic and the catholic religion is the state religion. the monegash pique nique is also very tied to the monegash people . I was present to the burning boat at the Sainte Devote fest , all Monaco is here, people with not a lot of money , rich persons are celebrationg with the princely couple the fests of Sainte Devote in january they also can attend the grand mass the second day in the cathedral and they are happy to see the couple praying near them.

C4A, you are right , we must wait the entire video of the conversation because the reporters were not allowed perhaps apart the local reporter, the exclusivity was given to Getty images.
There two different versus of the conversations here like this article in the local press

What’s It Really Like to Be the Princess of Monaco? - Los Angeles Magazine

I don't find that Charlene is arrogant in speaking about the normal folk, we cannot say that the royals are normal folk, living in a palace, surrounded by lifeguards, having no intimitat, all their life is spread in the newspapaers, they are isolat. These persons are not normal folk.

Melina

As well as being a long time follower of the Grimaldis, and having lived in the south of France, I also have connections in Monaco - you think you know more, another subjective statement. It's still only your opinion not fact.

Last edited:
It is not a subjectivement statement , it is a reality that the monegash people are very tied to the Sainte Devote fests and the religious processions , last years and now and if you have lived in the South of France , you should know this.

It is not a subjectivement statement , it is a reality that the monegash people are very tied to the Sainte Devote fests and the religious processions , last years and now and if you have lived in the South of France , you should know this.

I know they are important - and I did live in the South of France - I know it is appreciated that the Princely Couple attend these events. I think (as in my subjective opinion) that attending other events is equally important.

Having lived in the South of France (do I detect doubt on your part?) I didn't find people to be all that religious...

It is your opinion, therefore subjective, that you know the most on these forums.

Awful lot of bickering going on...there seems to be a lot of criticism of royal women, especially those with very young children, not working enough. They are not normal, but with all the priviledges they still have very challenging lives.
I was at the Invictus Games and watched Prince harry. He always had many people around him, wanting to talk to him, take his picture, autographs.
anyway, Charlene sure has come a long way. She looked very at ease at the last event where she was wearing the white suit. You cant believe any o these interviews, at least I don't. She may have made some faux pas but over all has really improved in just a few years.

Awful lot of bickering going on...there seems to be a lot of criticism of royal women, especially those with very young children, not working enough. They are not normal, but with all the priviledges they still have very challenging lives.
I was at the Invictus Games and watched Prince harry. He always had many people around him, wanting to talk to him, take his picture, autographs.
anyway, Charlene sure has come a long way. She looked very at ease at the last event where she was wearing the white suit. You cant believe any o these interviews, at least I don't. She may have made some faux pas but over all has really improved in just a few years.

It's not bickering - it's differences of opinion. I come on here to discuss different royals - we have different ideas which is what makes it interesting. If people have different experiences or information that's great. However, I do object to people claiming their opinion has greater validity.

And no, I don't think Charlene does enough so yes, I criticise. I can - it doesn't make the blindest bit of difference to her as she will continue to lead her life exactly as she (and Albert) chooses.

She did look at ease and relaxed, which was good to see, as well as the recognition of her foundation's work.

As for not believing interviews, sure, take them with a pinch of salt but the comment was made - what's not to believe? Like I said before, it sounded a bit off but I'm certain that wasn't her intention, I think she just phrased her comment a bit clumsily (as we all do at times).

I don't think that Charlene's comments were vain or unflattering to her at all. Just because she does highlights of events of events doesn't mean that she's not full-time. Victoria has done the same thing in the last few weeks.

What I don't understand is the mission of her foundation. You'd think she would take on other related issues, like water conservation or water access.

That interview, as reported, came across oddly to me, almost as if one or both of the parties did not have English as a first language. Or there were bits missing. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom