Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice interaction with the girls. Charlene always seemed to have a cool ice princess personality to me at the beginning, but it's really great to see her warmth coming through especially with children.

Last edited:
she always warms up being around children , I think they make her feel relax

That' s sweet. She enjoys their company!

Very nice interaction with the girls. Charlene always seemed to have a cool ice princess personality to me at the beginning, but it's really great to see her warmth coming through especially with children.

My first impressions of her based on the photos taken in Torino olympics and later in Monaco were that she was fresh, lively, joyous, girly and sensually beautiful, had a lovely smile! I didn't find her cool, but shy and inexperienced.

As time went by her appearance changed, she became "cool" with minimum facial expressions. Fulfilling expectations, acting a role. (..) She (...) lost naturality and sparkle. Sometimes she looks forced and no wonder! I hope in future she will regain her self-confidence and show it proudly.

Last edited by a moderator:
We can not say that Charlene is a cool ice princess when we see the photos of Charlène during the visit of schools last week, then we she attended at the no finish line race (alone or with Prince Albert). She is always very ease with children or with people like you or me, not the snob people of the high society of monaco.
On a french site called royautes ek la, there is a photo of Charlène with a young woman of Monaco with her kid . this woman writtes some times of this site. She met Charlène during the race and she asked her if She could take a photo with her. She kindly accepted and she sayed her' with the small kid, it will be a pleasure' - you can see the photo on this site it is called' Fanny et Charlène- This woman lived in Monaco. She told how she met Princess Charlène and she said that many people wanted to get photos with her and she said always ok and she was very polite. and a kind person

The site of Royautes ek la is
Fanny et Charlène - Royautes

People seem to forget that when Grace first came to Monaco she was sometimes referred to as La Princess Frigidaire because people confused shyness with aloofness (not helped in her case because she didnt like to wear glasses in public and without them she was very near sighted so often did not recognize people).

Iceflower, I do not know where to put this new about princess Charlene and her future foundation, if I am wrong, excuse me.
This morning, the newspaper Monaco Matin announces the creation of the foundation of the princess Charlene.
I do not know if it will be in line. It is only now on the newspaper, as I have a suscription, I can read it. The creation of the foundation called 'foundation of Princess Charlène' is on the officially journal of this day. The palace says that this foundation will be for the chidren and the mothers in need on the five continents. This foundation will study all the projects for the children and mothers.
Princess Charlene will expose her foundation during the year 2012, the logo the projects.
There are many personalities who joigns this foundation.
The sell of Arpels and Cleefs''the alhambra Princess Charlene' was already for the foundation.
The palace says that Princess Charlene will be at ZDF sending (ein Herz fur Kinder' on december 17th where she will receive the price 'a grear hearth' for her humanitory actions
The newspaper says that princess Charlene makes a foundation as Princess Grace did some times after her wedding called 'foundation Princess Grace'

:previous:

It's the right place to share the information, melina premiere! Thank you for doing so!

So we can look forward to many interesting news and information about the foundation
itself and its planned projects!

I wonder who and why would be interested in providing money for this foundation. Anyone who has money can do charity out-of the spotlight, so why giving this woman who´s been married with a prince for a few months, your own money, or your company´s, so that she can go through the world publicizing her image as if it was her merit.

It is your opinion not the one of other persons? Everything what will do Charlene is always bad for you.
and you are not pleased to see that Charlène is doing a foundation for the good of children and mothers in need. You are always talking about publicity about her even when she made a humanitory travel with Prince Albert and associations at Nepal
Who says you that nobody will give any money?She always raised money for this foundation. I am not worried with the all connections that the prince has in the world. The jewellery Arpels sold 'the alhambra charlene ' jewellery and gave the benefits for this foundation.
Nobody is against a good action for underpriviliged persons.
The announce of this foundation is well received in the medias.

I thought her foundation was going to be something sports related. I'm surprised here.
There's already a foundation for women and children in need in Monaco, AMADE, princess Caroline is in charge. I was expecting other type of causes.
(I'm not saying is bad, it just call my attention)

There seems to be a metal issue, for some with the Pirncess. Too bad. She is lovely, elegant and seems to care about people ande children. I have been chastised for highlighting this venom

We can not say that Charlene is a cool ice princess when we see the photos of Charlène during the visit of schools last week, then we she attended at the no finish line race (alone or with Prince Albert). She is always very ease with children or with people like you or me, not the snob people of the high society of monaco.
On a french site called royautes ek la, there is a photo of Charlène with a young woman of Monaco with her kid . this woman writtes some times of this site. She met Charlène during the race and she asked her if She could take a photo with her. She kindly accepted and she sayed her' with the small kid, it will be a pleasure' - you can see the photo on this site it is called' Fanny et Charlène- This woman lived in Monaco. She told how she met Princess Charlène and she said that many people wanted to get photos with her and she said always ok and she was very polite. and a kind person

The site of Royautes ek la is
Fanny et Charlène - Royautes

Well, I may not follow Charlene as closely as many other people do so so my impression of a cool ice princess is what had struck me at first. Naturally, it could also be attributed to shyness and reticence at her new position; many new royals have that period of adjustment and uncertainty before adapting to a different lifestyle. It seems that she is acclimating well to her public role and is starting to get more comfortable; as I had mentioned, for me, her warmth and ease seem to be really demonstrated in her interactions with children.

Last edited:
I thought her foundation was going to be something sports related. I'm surprised here.
There's already a foundation for women and children in need in Monaco, AMADE, princess Caroline is in charge. I was expecting other type of causes.
(I'm not saying is bad, it just call my attention)

In all fairness, there are several different types of issues that affect women and children, and there's a good chance the foundations are handling different types of charity work.

In all fairness, there are several different types of issues that affect women and children, and there's a good chance the foundations are handling different types of charity work.

I haven't thought that.
Being that the case, then it's alright.
I think that i related the upcoming foundation with sports because of her being a sports woman, but, she already does something with that for the Special Olympics, so..:)

This thread has been cleaned up - both negative and positive opinions are welcome,
for personal discussions please use the private message method!

I haven't thought that.
Being that the case, then it's alright.
I think that i related the upcoming foundation with sports because of her being a sports woman, but, she already does something with that for the Special Olympics, so..:)

The German Bild article melina premiere has provided on the previous page of this thread includes a quote that
offers an indication of the difference:

"The newly-established "Princess Charlène Foundation" that was presented in Monaco on Friday and that will be
presented by the Princess at the "A heart for children"-gala, makes it its business to teach children and women
through sports a sense of responsibility, team spirit and discipline and to empower them for life"

Freely translated and the underlining is by me! :)

I think it's ok for Charlene to start a foundation by her name.
The sooner the better she will be related for doing good.
I guess helping Caroline for her AMADE would be ok but I guess Charlene and also Albert wanted to do something by her own name as the new Princess of Monaco.

I don't know where to put this...
HSH Princess of Monaco is nominated for the World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year

H.S.H. Princess Charlene of Monaco Nominated for the World Open Water Swimming Woman of the Year (VIDEO) | The Royal Correspondent
http://dailynews.openwaterswimming.com/2011/11/2011-world-open-water-swimming.html

thank you Smush for this article
I do not know that she won a medal at 8 nor she gave lessons of swimming to chidren who had handicaps. I read on face book one year or two ago a comment of a mother who said that Charlene gave swimming lessons to her daughter who had handicap and she wanted to say thank you to Charlène Wittstock.
There is an announce on the official site on face book that Princess Charlene will receive the golden heart at Ein Herz fur Kinder

To day on getty site there are photos of Princess Charlene visiting the collège Saint Charles,there are good contacts between young students and Charlene, I think she talks with theù in french

:previous:

A well-covered solo engagement in Monaco - that's nice:

Princess Charlene visited the College Charles III on December 16, 2011.

** gettyimages gallery **

Great on you Charlene, to see you going solo in Monaco!

Here's a nice group picture of Charlene and the pupils provided be the Princely Palace:

** December 16, 2011 **

According to the official entry, a class had prepared a project work with essays, poems,
painted pictures and videos on the topic "One thing I like about Monaco, and one thing
I like least and my future dreams and hopes for the Principality", and presented them to
Princess Charlene.

** google translated entry **

Thank you Melina, for the video hint.The kis seem to have fun with Charlene visiting their school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom