The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The language discussion has been moved to the following thread:

** General News & Information about Prince Albert & Princess Charlene Part2: March 2012- **

Old 12-19-2013, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Charlene has attended the Christmas mass with pupils at the Collège Saint Charles in Monaco today, December 19.

** Pic **

Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Interview trailer and more
Old 12-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Royal Highness

A lovely trailer. Thank you for posting. Where is this being shown ?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

It will be shown on the channel Fr3 on december 27th in the evening. it is a documentary on monaco with the interviews of prince Albert , princess charlene, princess Stéphanie, Karl Lagerfeld, Paul Belmondo and other persons and with many interessing reports.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
It will be shown on the channel Fr3 on december 27th in the evening. it is a documentary on monaco with the interviews of prince Albert , princess charlene, princess Stéphanie, Karl Lagerfeld, Paul Belmondo and other persons and with many interessing reports.

Will we be able to watch it online?
Old 12-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Royal Highness

I give you the link of this channel

France 3 : JT, emissions en video, programme tv, infos et jeux

we can watch this channel online in france but I don't know if you will be able to watch it in other lands.

I give you the link of this documentary

Monaco, les coulisses du Rocher - Vendredi 27 Décembre 23h30 | France3
Old 12-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Royal Highness

It would be lovely if we could watch it outside France. If not, perhaps Santa Claus might up load it as a late Christmas gift for Royal Forum members.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Royal Highness

To day, there is an article on the site of the princess Charlene Foundation which celebrats his first anniversary.

La Fondation Princesse Charlène de Monaco célèbre son premier anniversaire | Fondation Princesse Charlène de Monaco

We can also read this article on monaco Channel and on the official page of FB but it is not translated in french

I will try to do a very short resume , the foundation will go on his actions 'learn to swim' in Marocco and in South Africa.
The most important project will be the opening of a learning center of sea rescue in monaco for the pupils of all the colleges of Monaco.
There will be 'learn with swim in four towns of france' Dinar, CapBreton, Montpellier and rennes' it will be for underprivileged children.
There will be actions in france , canasa and in California.
There are projects of program 'learn to swim' in Thailand, Mauritania.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Royal Highness

translation of the announce of the palace about the ' foundation Princess Charlene'

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...60414860659443

I recall when the foundation was done in december 2012 the comments of some persons who criticed this foundation and doubted of its sucess. I see that Charlene nad the foundation did a good job this year and that there will actions in the world.

Perhaps Charlene does not speak very well french but she does a good job in Monaco and also in France . She does also a good job for the children who are autist and for children who have a orphan desease ( she is president of honor of their association)
Old 12-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Aristocracy

Agreed, Melina P, the Foundation has indeed been busy in 2013. It is good to see that it is succeeding with its goals. Also, many projects are lined up for 2014 and nice to see them expanded to countries like Bangladesh and Mauritania where resources are maybe limited. I'm sure P Charlene and also her husband are very proud of her achievements during the year.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:25 AM
Royal Highness

http://pluzz.francetv.fr/..._coulisses_du_rocher.html
here's the link of last nigh interview..... You can see it only if you live in France :-( I hope someone post it in youtube... Pepole said she spoke in french all the time... Can anyone confirm this?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Nobility

She spoke un English and there was a translation !
Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
She spoke un English and there was a translation !
Did she speak at least a little French?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
Did she speak at least a little French?
I read an article on world-renouned (russian) clown Oleg Popov, he has been living in Germany for 20 years and admitted that he still doesn't speak german, so P.Charlene still has some years time
Old 12-28-2013, 01:22 PM
Nobility

No she didńt speak a word of French but she was very sincere and moving about the target of her foundation : learning chidren to swin !
Old 12-28-2013, 05:17 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
here's the link of last nigh interview..... You can see it only if you live in France :-( I hope someone post it in youtube... Pepole said she spoke in french all the time... Can anyone confirm this?
Here ya go! Found the whole interview on YouTube

I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others. ~HSH, Princess Grace of Monaco (1929-1982)
Old 12-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Gentry

All the sincerity in the world does not make up for the fact that almost a decade in she can not carry on even the most basic of conversations in the language of the people she purports to love and represent. If this were Mary or Maxima everyone would be up in arms, not making excuses. People still criticize Mary or Maxima for mistakes in grammar but they at least they have each made an effort and devoted themselves to learn their adopted countries language. Charlene has not even done that.

Charlene has a Responsibility to learn the language, period. She has all the resources available to do so. It is just plain lazy at this point. Even an attempt to show the people she is trying would be better.

As for the interview...This was falsely billed as an interview of Charlene and it only shows her briefly, her voice is never heard, only a translation. I know she does not interview well from past videos so they are careful to control her presence. Still, this was no interview. It was a quick parrot about her "works" which she repeats again and again in different mediums. Time for a new script that discusses how she devotes more time to attempting the language.

It is more accurate to describe it as a documentary of Monaco with most of the interviews by Albert and others who do speak French. Pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I watched it live. I can confirm this is NOT the case. She spoke in English. Her own voice was never heard and there was only a french translator. The "interview" was brief. Albert made more of an interview than she did. She spoke mainly about her "cause" which she seems to repeat verbatim constantly like a script.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Royal Highness

Oh gosh. Just saw that... I have to say I'm very disappointed , I think she can hardly speak HER OWN language, just right as a script. Why cannot she try or make some effort to speak French? No one cares about mistakes... I make them all the time... The important thing is to be understood!
Old 12-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Aristocracy

As far as I know, from what I have read on the Forums and video clips that I have seen, P Charlene
1. Can understand the French language perfectly
2. Speaks French in situations where she feels comfortable such as informal conversations with individuals
3. Sings the National Anthem, wears traditional costume, thereby showing her loyalty to the Monegasque people
4. Is under little, if any, pressure from her husband to speak the language -- just my opinion

I am therefore curious to know why it is so important for some posters that she should be fluent in the language. Maybe some French/Monegasque posters can share with us how strongly they feel about it?

Tags
charlene, princess charlene