The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:42 AM
Royal Highness

It is her duty now to inaugurate ant open a new shop in monaco and as the manager said it , princess Charlene supported a lot for an opening of a Starbucks in monaco.
I like the coat she wore to day

Old 12-04-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
She was also attending to the concert of the Gospel of Soweto yesterday evening at Monaco

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaoiFy7IgAEldFi.jpg

Her brother Gareth attended as well! Here's a photo provided by the Palace that includes him as well.

And here's a very nice additional gallery of the opening of the Monte-Carlo Munchkins Club:

** parismatch.com: Charlène rayonnante au milieu des enfants **

And one of the Starbuck's opening today:

** voici.fr: PHOTOS Elle en rêvait, Charlène inaugure le premier Starbucks de Monaco **

Old 12-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
Trying to figure out why this is an event that would warrant her presence? I love Starbucks, don't get me wrong, but seriously. Hopefully she tried the pumpkin loaf, it's delicious! Oh, and the oatmeal cookies are really good too. Yum! Now I'm getting hungry.
Starbucks does BIG BUSINESS in the world and is a great job creator. The royal family of Monaco very much see their role as more than just ceremonial. They are actually involved in the day-to-day running of the principality--this includes supporting economic interests and benefits for Monaco. A Starbucks in Monaco will provide many jobs for native Monegasques. And let's be real--when one Starbucks pops up, another is usually not far behind.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I wonder if she will go to SA for the mandela funeral
Old 12-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
Starbucks does BIG BUSINESS in the world and is a great job creator. The royal family of Monaco very much see their role as more than just ceremonial. They are actually involved in the day-to-day running of the principality--this includes supporting economic interests and benefits for Monaco. A Starbucks in Monaco will provide many jobs for native Monegasques. And let's be real--when one Starbucks pops up, another is usually not far behind.
I am well aware of the business Starbucks does, I'm a gold card member myself. I guess that I'm so use to them popping up everywhere here that when one opens it's just not as big an event. That's all. Just struck me as odd/different that she would be there.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
I am well aware of the business Starbucks does, I'm a gold card member myself. I guess that I'm so use to them popping up everywhere here that when one opens it's just not as big an event. That's all. Just struck me as odd/different that she would be there.
I must admit, however, that Starbucks must pale in comparison to all of the great cuisine and cafes in Monaco.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Royal Highness

monaco is a little principauty where an opening of a shop is an event. and inauguring these shops belong to their duties . Prince Albert use to inaugurat opening of shops and of banks. prince Albert uses to inaugurat the openings of shops or banks. he is like the other members of the family involving of supporting ecomics interests and benefits for Monaco. All the inaugurations are the same for them and I think that it is not the last time that we will see Princess Charlene inauguring that sort of shop.

there is a video posted by the gospel of Soweto on there page of facebook. they sang the anthem of South Africa for princess Charlene

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v..._t=video_reply
Old 12-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAPolitics View Post
I must admit, however, that Starbucks must pale in comparison to all of the great cuisine and cafes in Monaco.
You've got that right! All the French inspired foods, especially the pastries! OH my!! And truly a great café trumps Starbucks just about every time. And being that close to France. Don't get me started.
Gee thanks, now I'm seriously craving something crusty and sweet.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Aristocracy

Nice video, Melina p. Love her warm and spontaneous response at the end. Lovely colourful outfits and beautiful singing too...
Old 12-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
there is a video posted by the gospel of Soweto on there page of facebook. they sang the anthem of South Africa for princess Charlene

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v..._t=video_reply
She is of course Monegasque now, but Charlene's connection to her homeland is deep and emotional to see.

Thanks melina premiere, that was really beautiful!
Old 12-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene gave an interview to Cyril Viguier last monday, she spoke about her life in Monaco, her childhood, her career of swimmer ,her foundation. Cyril Viguier offered her a book about Nelson Mandela at the end of the interview. We will be able to watch this interview on december 27th on tv Fr3 . Some photos during this interview

France 3: Cyril Viguier proposera, le 27 décembre prochain, un entretien de Charlène de Monaco

A another photo

Une interview de Charlène de Monaco - 06/12/2013 - leParisien.fr
Old 12-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Serene Highness

... I' m wondering if she gave the interview in French or in English.... MMM...
Old 12-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Let me hazard a guess... English! But I hope I'm wrong.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:20 PM
Serene Highness

Is there anywhere else the video can be watched? It would't load smoothly foe me and then the last few minutes there was no sound or video. Just a static shot.

I'd really love to see this, so any help is appreciated. :)
Old 12-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
... I' m wondering if she gave the interview in French or in English.... MMM...
I really hope by now with 7 or 8 continuous years of residency in Monaco she can conduct and interview in French. If she cannot speak French now, she probably never will.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:47 AM
Royal Highness

This morning a report about the admiration of princess Charlene for Nelson iMandela in the newspaper 'Monaco Matin' . She said ' we had no more nation, no more flag but we had Nelson mandela'

Nelson Mandela, un modèle pour la princesse Charlène | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

She will attend the memorial ceremony ro day and will attend with prince Albert next sunday december 15th to the funeral of nelson mandela.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:03 AM
Serene Highness

More pics: MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH
La actualidad nacional e internacional en tu portal femenino líder en internet | Actualidad | hola.com
2013121068620/nelson-mandela-funeral/http://www.channel24.co.za/Multimedia/Celebrities/Celebrities-at-Nelson-Mandelas-memorial-service-20131210-2
Old 12-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Pics and information of Princess Charlene's attendance at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela can be found at the following extra-thread: Mandela has passed away! **
Old 12-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some scenes of the Starbuck's opening and one more picture gallery:

** mc: Un Starbucks Coffee inauguré à Monaco **

** parismatch.com: Un petit café avec Charlène **

Old 12-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Royal Highness

Article and photos about the future interview with Cyril Viguier and photos of Charlene at the memorial ceremony december 10th. Charlene has a quiet behaviour in contrast with other personalities.

Princesse Charlene: Entrevue intime avec Cyril Viguier, sous le signe de Mandela

Tags
charlene, princess charlene