The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Of course they can have holidays separately, but then they can't complain if the press is constantly writing about their marriage.

Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 AM
Serene Highness

They allegedly didn't stay in the same hotel at their honeymoon, so in that light it's not strange they occassionally have seperate vacations :-)

i think they have plenty of private-time off-camera, and are just not lovey-dovey people or pretend to be on-camera..

Also, can i just say one thing (which is probably really nasty), but if Q.Maxima has been such a big help...couldn't P.Charlene have attended at least some of the dutch inauguration activities? Okay, i'll shut up now.. :-)

Old 07-18-2013, 05:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
They allegedly didn't stay in the same hotel at their honeymoon, so in that light it's not strange they occassionally have seperate vacations :-)

i think they have plenty of private-time off-camera, and are just not lovey-dovey people or pretend to be on-camera..

Also, can i just say one thing (which is probably really nasty), but if Q.Maxima has been such a big help...couldn't P.Charlene have attended at least some of the dutch inauguration activities? Okay, i'll shut up now.. :-)
She was in South Africa to attend the wedding of her friend during the Dutch Inauguration..but then Albert did'nt go to her brother's wedding so he could attend a religious procession that he did miss a few times in the past years..but as Charlene said, Albert is the love of her life and is very happy, lol.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt View Post
She was in South Africa to attend the wedding of her friend during the Dutch Inauguration..but then Albert did'nt go to her brother's wedding so he could attend a religious procession that he did miss a few times in the past years..but as Charlene said, Albert is the love of her life and is very happy, lol.
Yes...if only there was something like a plane that you could rent privately so you could fly between venues you really wanted to attend...

okay okay, NOW i'll shut up about it ;-)
Old 07-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Besides of behing without her husband what I find very strange...she was with a group of friends more particular with one Man and some of the Photos were very intimate

She IS a princess so she hás royal duties To attend and those should Be put in first place.... Bafore her firend's Wedding and now This vacation
Old 07-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
She IS a princess so she hás royal duties To attend and those should Be put in first place.... Bafore her firend's Wedding and now This vacation
I think the princess, her husband and the palace advisors can set the Princess's priorities more than all of us, plus this vacation didn't interrupt any event that she was to attend!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Besides of behing without her husband what I find very strange...she was with a group of friends more particular with one Man and some of the Photos were very intimate
I think Albert and Charlene have a very secure marriage that suits both of them. They seem to give one another lots of "room". Some relationships thrive on more frequent closeness and a need for togetherness and other couples need less. I think it depends on the couple, but everytime I see Albert and Charlene together they seem content and close.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Royal Highness

A photo of the princess charlene taken perhaps in the princely privat jet .

Instagram
Old 07-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

What's a royal duty she had to complete and she simply didn't?

I find her very nice as a Princess. Sweet and the most important -> she's absolutely correct to her priorities and her duties .
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene soon in Capbreton , a french town on the atlantic coast for her fondation, article in the newspaper Sud Ouest

Charlène de Monaco bientôt sur la côte landaise - SudOuest.fr

For the day september the first. princesse charlene fondation has partnered with several associations of aid of the departement of the Landes on the coast of atlantic ocean. It is a day to raise awareness about water safety. Princess charlene will attend all these workshops with the children.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

on the site of the princess charlene foundation, there is the news that a program 'learn to swim' was launched by the south africa consultant Dominique Donner in august, Charlene was not present.

South African Learn To Swim Programme Launched | Princess Charlene Of Monaco Foundation

i recall that many people were sceptic that this foundation will suceed. When we look the site , we read that this foundation has many projects and it works.

Charlene will be at Capbreton for her foundation next sunday
Old 08-26-2013, 04:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Maybe theirs is a marriage of convenience. However, I think separate vacationing may mean more.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I see nothing wrong with separate vacations for married couples. Every couple is different. One married couple's ideas about togetherness may not suit another one.

Albert and Charlene march to the beat of their own drum. I love it that they completely ignore the gossips and do exactly whatever the heck they want...good for them. When they are together they seem close and complicit enough without resorting to a bunch of PDA, just to satisfy the gossips. They probably laugh their heads off at some of the things written online and in the tabloids about them.

I think anyone expecting a divorce or separation announcement from them is going to be in for a long, fruitless wait.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I see nothing wrong with separate vacations for married couples. Every couple is different. One married couple's ideas about togetherness may not suit another one.

Albert and Charlene march to the beat of their own drum. I love it that they completely ignore the gossips and do exactly whatever the heck they want...good for them. When they are together they seem close and complicit enough without resorting to a bunch of PDA, just to satisfy the gossips. They probably laugh their heads off at some of the things written online and in the tabloids about them.

I think anyone expecting a divorce or separation announcement from them is going to be in for a long, fruitless wait.
You may be right, but then again... I remember the Grimaldi curse.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes Argie...so do I....
Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Drat that witch for cursing out those Grimaldis way back in the day!
Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

They do what they want, which is correct. And they laugh at the nuts who speculate their every move.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Charlene was very activ during july, at the jumping race with Albert, Caroline and charlone, than she was with Albert to the giving grimaldi order to the usa association , the birthday of a very famous nightclub with Albert, she attended the scientific meeting of MONAA (Monaco against autism) on july 5th and during all the week end she celebrated the 150 years of SBM friday evening, saturday and sunday) she attended a diner concert with Albert, Charlotte and Gad on the wednesday than she took a break of 2days at Portofino after she was with Albert at the boxe gala. She had again a break of 2 days in Sardania and she was at the Herculis games where she gave medals , 2 days after, she received german directors of german industries at the palace and there was a concert at the palace , she attended after the diner aux chandelles at the mayor house and she attended the love gala , she was with Albert at Barcelone to attend the world swimming races and she returned to Monaco to attend the gala of the german association and the red cross gala. after Albert and Charlene were at Roc Agel to take the rest , they were after in Norway to celebrat the birthday of a friend who was a big volley player and they attended together the concert of the philarmonic oechestra of Monaco and Albert became the honor citizen of the town of Italia.
I was very long but I wanted to show that Charlene does very well her job of princess. She was always here on monaco during the months of july and it was nice that Albert let her take a very short break ( 4 days) among the numerous activities in july.
We saw the couple very closed in norway ( see the photos that Iceflower gave to us on the board of Albert and charlene events. and also ( isopix) there are many tender gestures between them.

We saw on the foundation of princess charlene that the program ( learn to swim) goes on during the holidays. Charlene did not attend to the launching, it was the consultant who launched this program, Charlene prefered to stay in monaco to attend other events like love gala and red cross gala.
the site of the foundation shows that she works a lot for her foundation, she will be again on september 1st for this foundation at Capbreton. She will attend also the world championships of petanque which will take place on september 5th in front of the palace and she will attend the pic nic with the people of monaco .

Saying that Charlene is not working or taking holidays is unfair. I will say again she took a break of 4 days with the support of her husband. we saw many gestures of love between them and it was very nice.

Seeing the photos of Caroline, charlotte, tatiana, Andras, pierre and beatrice was very nice but what they are doing during all the two months? Apart the attendance of Andreas, Tatiana, Caroline to the love gala and Caroline at the red cross gala , they were always in holidays.

Charlene was very activ with Albert during juni and july.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Aristocracy

We're probably going a bit off topic here and should move to the relationship thread...but I totally agree with Moonmaiden23 and Melina Premiere. Whenever we see the couple together they seem quite happy and content. The photos and videos from Norway are a case in point: they pose for a pic on the boat with their arms around each other, they walk hand in hand or the Prince has his arm around her shoulder. In the buggy she has her hand on his thigh, on the beach on his butt. To me these pictures speak of closeness and intimacy. And if they feel the need to spend time apart occasionally that's fine. Their relationship seems secure enough. I also think the Princess is spending more time in Monaco and settling into her role quite well, her Foundation is up and running and on the whole she seems happier and more confident than just after their wedding. So, despite all the gossip and critique, I think their marriage is happy...
Old 08-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
We're probably going a bit off topic here and should move to the relationship thread...but I totally agree with Moonmaiden23 and Melina Premiere. Whenever we see the couple together they seem quite happy and content. The photos and videos from Norway are a case in point: they pose for a pic on the boat with their arms around each other, they walk hand in hand or the Prince has his arm around her shoulder. In the buggy she has her hand on his thigh, on the beach on his butt. To me these pictures speak of closeness and intimacy. And if they feel the need to spend time apart occasionally that's fine. Their relationship seems secure enough. I also think the Princess is spending more time in Monaco and settling into her role quite well, her Foundation is up and running and on the whole she seems happier and more confident than just after their wedding. So, despite all the gossip and critique, I think their marriage is happy...
Well said I truly thank you for this - could not have said it better myself

Tags
charlene, princess charlene