The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks Cepe for taking the time to summarise the interview.:) very interesting - Charlene appears to be forging a new approach to being royal which I hope works out. It obviously hasn't been easy for her and I don't think this will change for a few years yet. Interesting too that she doesn't make any mention of Caroline or Stephanie as helping her settle into her role.

Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

thanks for the interview, i enjoyed reading it very much.

i really like charlene, she's down to earth and easy going but also firm and cold-minded. i think that's a nice set of attributes to have when in such a role. albert could not have found a better wife.

i'd love to see her hanging out with maxima sometime soon. maxima seems such an outgoing person, very much like charlene you can see in them a sense of spontaneity that is not present in other european princesses.

cool to see also that maxima gets along with so many royals. her friendship with mathilde, letizia, mette marit, sheikha mozah among others was evident, now we are adding charlene to the list of her best royal friends.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie Rose View Post
Just wanted to observe that I would never describe Princess Charlene as having a 'broad' South African accent! Perhaps the reporter was unaccustomed to nuances of South African pronunciations. I heard her speaking in a video someone was kind enough to post here, and found her to speak in a most cultivated and cultured accent, with a lovely tone of voice also.
The accent thing is a form of patronising that I particularly dislike; one can only imagine what the reporter's accent sounded like to the princess Btw, this reporter seems particularly privileged to have such access to hen parties and pre wedding dress scenes; do we know who this person is?
Old 07-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Courtier

http://sopix.be/persfotos_photos-de-...062222-st.aspx
Old 07-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Commoner

imgbox - fast, simple image host

I am shocked / appalled / SO disappointed that in this photo Princess Charlene is seen smoking. After being such a high level sports woman, how can she be smoking now. Guess the Monaco royal family all do; but she should have taken a stand!!!!
I am honestly gob-smacked!!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Really, have you never heard of a competitive athlete smoking? Greg Louganis, 4 time Olympic Gold medalist in diving, discussed in his autobiography that he smoked (even at the Olympics), and of course multi Olympic medal winner Michael Phelps was famously snapped smoking (pot in his case).
Old 07-16-2013, 11:05 AM
Commoner

I have, and I am still appalled.
Think athletes strive to be their best in their sport and hopefully live healthy lives to get to the pinnacle of the sport. Smoking does not help get them there!!
I remain very disappointed. Also that in South Africa (where she lived) smoking is definitely not the norm, in fact it is more and more frowned upon...
Old 07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Charlene on a vacation in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, with friends. One of them is american billionaire Dennis Washington.
Charlene Wittstock in vacanza senza Principe - Foto 1

Charlene in Olbia
Princess Charlene of Monaco Vacation Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
This link doesn't work, here is the correct link.
Search photos : charlene wittstock porto cervo. Press Photos, Press Agency, Photo Agncy Belgium : Isopix.be
Old 07-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Charlene on a vacation in Porto Cervo, Sardinia, with friends. One of them is american billionaire Dennis Washington.
Charlene Wittstock in vacanza senza Principe - Foto 1

Charlene in Olbia
Princess Charlene of Monaco Vacation Pictures
very-very beautiful and at last she seems so relaxed
Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

To me is very odd and strange that she is on vacation without her husband....she could have wait for him to have their vacation together...it's strange and I don't agree with that...she seams to have more fun without him...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
To me is very odd and strange that she is on vacation without her husband....she could have wait for him to have their vacation together...it's strange and I don't agree with that...she seams to have more fun without him...
Well, is it really her HOLIDAYS, or just having 2 days off, celebrating a party with friends?
That´s a difference.
But in case we are really talking about holidays, then I agree with you
BYe Bine
Old 07-17-2013, 05:52 AM
Serene Highness

It's not the first time that the wife is doing separate holidays from her husband. Maybe he was busy. But speculations are really not necessary, i think. The summer is still to come, let's see if they are going to do something together

I like her swimsuits, but i wish she had worn a bikini!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:02 AM
Courtier

Her father was there too... He's the one with the red cap... I 'll try to post more pics

sorry, maybe the link above dosen't work http://http://www.laineygossip.com/(...tyY7XFbe8sLgXI
no sign of wedding ring... Maybe it's not relavant or important... But for me it has its own meaning...
Old 07-17-2013, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
It's not the first time that the wife is doing separate holidays from her husband. Maybe he was busy. But speculations are really not necessary, i think. The summer is still to come, let's see if they are going to do something together

I like her swimsuits, but I wish she had worn a bikini!
Maybe the time she can spend with her old friends and her short escapes from Monaco are good for the relationship because a little bit of separation can sometimes make people appreciate each others company more.
When a couple is together 24/7 they are in danger of loosing this romantic feeling, but I agree that it looks a little bit odd when Charlene stays away from important official events where all the other Crown Princesses are present.
I hope that Charlene will feel more at home in Monaco over the time, to me it seems as if she is getting better and feels more confident in her public role.

Personally I prefer the swimsuits over bikinis, somehow women look more "dressed" and elegant with a swimsuit,
but everyone has a different taste in fashion;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Thank you Cepe for posting the summary of the article of Times.It was very nice you took the times to do the summary for us.

An article of this interview in the D Mail
Monaco's Princess Charlene finally addresses THOSE runaway bride rumours | Mail Online
Great to see that finally Charlene receives some positive press! The awful gossip before her wedding was absolutely horrible,it must have been devastating to read all the lies for a bride-to-be who is about to marry into a royal family.
I am happy to see a new side of Charlene and hope that she is getting better acquainted with her royal position and the new life in a country that is so different from South Africa.
At first I thought she seems a little bit cold and aloof,but now I imagine that she was probably terrified and insecure because of all the bad press and negative feedback she received.
On a side-note: Charlene looks so beautiful in the picture where she has long hair, it really suits her
. Helen Keller
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sure, he's a billionaire. He's also 79 or 80 years old. Perhaps a good friend of Albert and a grandfather figure.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Appearing without her wedding-ring makes an extraordinary statement - I'm not happy about that...
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Her father was there too... He's the one with the red cap... I 'll try to post more pics

sorry, maybe the link above dosen't work http://http://www.laineygossip.com/(...tyY7XFbe8sLgXI
no sign of wedding ring... Maybe it's not relavant or important... But for me it has its own meaning...
The man in the red hat is Dennis Washington not her father.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
Really? My parents were married for over 60 yrs yet they still felt it was OK to take seperate vacations when they wanted to. Sometimes it was because of scheduling issies and sometimes because they wanted to do different things.....he enjoyed shooting, fishing, golfing holidays and she preferred the beaches of the med, or sailing, or shopping in Paris, Rome or NYC. They felt a little time apart doing their own thing was good for them both but then they were pretty secure individuals. They also never worried about what their friends or families might think about how they lived their lives which was a good lesson they taught us all.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Nobility

60 years is a lot of years being together whilst this one is only two.Your parents are private individuals who did'nt experience being the center of gossips, being the bride trying to bolt away from the groom..maybe we're just used to seeing other princesses consort taking their off time with their spouses very early on on their marriages.

Tags
charlene, princess charlene