The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

After the lovely red, it's back to beige granny clothes.

Old 09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great! I really like the textured jacket. The skirt has never impressed me, but she likes it and has the figure to wear it.

Old 09-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I love the red dress!
Old 09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Charlene has been pictured after a shopping tour in Paris yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** hola: Charlene de Mónaco, cargada de ‘glamour’ ** translation **
Does anyone know where in Paris these pictures were taken? It looks quite a residential street. I'm wondering where Albert and Charlene have their Parisian pied-a-terre.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Spletnik.ru -- Princess Charlene at Van Cleef & Arpels' exhibition.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Does anyone know where in Paris these pictures were taken? It looks quite a residential street. I'm wondering where Albert and Charlene have their Parisian pied-a-terre.

According to the article they were taken in front of their Parisian residence, but there are no additional information given..

Here's another article about the Van Cleef and Arpels Exhibition Launch:

** hellomagazine: Princess Charlene is a dazzling lady in red at Paris party **

** lehtikuva.fi gallery ** svenskdam article **

And yesterday, September 19, Charlene was pictured in Paris again:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 09-20-2012, 02:12 PM
Courtier

I adored the red dress and earrings. Then again, put Charlene in a bin liner and she would look stunning.

I love the amused / cheeky smile that she is directing at the camera (Paris trip, Sept. 19th).
Old 09-26-2012, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Princess Charlene is in Morocco since last week, it's a mixed journey with both some beach time with her brother and his girlfriend, some sightseeing but also visits to a hospital or a factory.

The article below has some quotes from an interview she has given in Agadir:

** Pic ** lematin.ma: La Princesse Charlene de Monaco sous le charme d’Agadir ** translation **
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

She spole a lot about the actions of her fondation in Moroco
There will be a gala further saturday and the money will be for her fondation
"South Africa Night" Gala: Johnny Clegg in Concert at Salle Garnier and Gala Dinner at Café de Paris
Old 09-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

An article on Monaco Matin about the travel of the princess Charlene and a photo taken during her visit to the hospital Hassan II

La princesse Charlène au Maroc | monacomatin.com
Old 09-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
An article on Monaco Matin about the travel of the princess Charlene and a photo taken during her visit to the hospital Hassan II

La princesse Charlène au Maroc | monacomatin.com
I really like that she works, and doing charity everywhere, she was in Japan, now in Morocco, really great of her.
I can't comment on her look since the picture is small.
we should be getting pics from the gala in few hours.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with TheRoyalCourtier...I greatly admire Charlene's willingness to to to far away places, without Albert sometimes to support causes that she believes in.

She has done this numerous times since the early months of her marriage to Albert.

No matter any other criticisms of the Princess of Monaco, her work ethic and commitment to causes she believes in is beyond reproach, imo.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Nobility

Moonmaiden23 I don't think that Albert doesn't support her ,he just can't be there with her in everything she does since he works amazingly too,
but the thing is that she doesn't wait for him to have time and come support her,

she does things on her own, and her own way, she has a backbone of her own, I think her career as an athlete helped really well with that.

I love Kate and I'm not trying to compare but unlike Kate, Charlene doesn't wait for Albert to be with her everywhere, and that does NOT mean that their love to each other is any less.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:06 PM
Majesty

I agree. As Princess of Monaco, Charlene has thrown herself into her royal role. The Duchess of Cambridge isn't in the same position but I think these two women have blown me away on how they have approached their royal duties.

Charlene & Albert do things together but their duties are very demanding and they can't be together all the time. Their scheduals often send Albert one way and Charlene the other. That happens to Sovereign's and their Consorts.

Although, I must say (to me) Charlene sometimes have this certain look in her eyes. It's like sometimes she look lonely. I'm not saying she is but (imo) her eyes tell me a different story.

She's a newcomer and I'm just happy to watch her grow in her royal role.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think that it is sadness but sweetness, it is her look, she will never have the big smile of Princess Kate of Cambridge.
Look at the photos taken during the pic nic with the monegash people, she had many different looks during this event.
Monte-Carlo Press - Photos | Facebook
Old 09-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I don't think that it is sadness but sweetness, it is her look, she will never have the big smile of Princess Kate of Cambridge.
Look at the photos taken during the pic nic with the monegash people, she had many different looks during this event.
Monte-Carlo Press - Photos | Facebook
Perhaps that's it, melina premiere.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:44 PM
Nobility

The question is, why don't the photos where she looks really happy go all around and get publishes everywhere, It's the first time for me to see those pictures from melina premiere and she looks so lovely in many of them!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

The reason is because it's more titillating to promote this myth of la princesse triste that's been going around since she married Albert.

Just like the fiction that she was being held against her will by Albert and his sinister circle at the time of the wedding, it sells magazines.

The truth is a lot more mundane...Charlene's natural personality is reserved and shy...not sparkling and effervescent.

TheRoyalCourtier I agree with everything you stated about Albert having his own very full agenda and not being able to be with her all the time. I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

In fact, Albert is probably relieved and proud to have such a wife. He and Charlene are a couple who seem to understand closeness, plus the need for individual expression and outside interests in a marriage.

They are a great team and they work very well together, imo.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Courtier

Charlene looks especially lovely in the red dress. I wish we had a picture from the back so that we could see both her dress and her hair. She certainly is a stunning young woman.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Charlene has the advantage of being the princess of a microscopic and wealthy principality.

As much as there are issues and concerns in Monaco, the citizens are nonetheless generally comfortable and properly looked after. She can then spread her wings and travel and involve herself in more global issues without being accused of being disloyal to her prince and the people.

Since Monaco, in its dependence on tourism and its reputation of glamor and wealth, depends on attention and good publicity, Princess Charlene's goodwill acts and the attention it brings definitely help her principality.

Tags
charlene, princess charlene