Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011 - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the days and weeks pass Charlene becomes more confident, more relaxed and more beautiful.
Beautiful, beautiful girl. ! :flowers:

As the days and weeks pass Charlene becomes more confident, more relaxed and more beautiful.
Beautiful, beautiful girl. ! :flowers:

How do you know she becomes more confident? Pictures will not tell you how she really feels. It's hard to judge by the picture if she is comfortable and relaxed or tense. Esp that she looks the same to me, always. Rarely smiles, her face expression is almost all the time the same.
Even if she smiles (which, I repeat, is rare) you still cannot tell if she is, in fact, comfortable or just forces herself to look as such.

How do you know she becomes more confident? Pictures will not tell you how she really feels. It's hard to judge by the picture if she is comfortable and relaxed or tense. Esp that she looks the same to me, always. Rarely smiles, her face expression is almost all the time the same.
Even if she smiles (which, I repeat, is rare) you still cannot tell if she is, in fact, comfortable or just forces herself to look as such.

How do you know she doesn't. ?

Her body language, facial expressions etc. suggest to me that she is becoming more confident and relaxed in her role.

Who said that I was referring to pictures only. ?

Rarely smiles. Oh, now, I'm sure that if you look really, really hard you will come up with more than the odd example of her smiling. ;)

Do you like her. ?

I like her very much. Am I seeing what I want to see. ?

If you dislike her, are you seeing what you want to see. ?

Just curious. !

Breffney, very well said indeed. I have to agree with you that P Charlene seems more relaxed and confident as time goes by. You only have to compare the pictures from just after their wedding when she at times came across as nervous and stressed with more recent pictures where she does seem more at ease.

This evening there will be a report on the official launch of the first project 'learn to swim of her foundation on Monaco channel.

She is more and more at ease.

But I understand that some people who does not like her , are not pleased to read that the foundation of princess Charlene begins to show his projects and is more and more known . No matter

This evening, there was a report about the launch of the project 'learn to swim on monaco Channel, I give you the link

Le Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters 2013 sur Monaco Info / News / news@monaco channel / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

You could watch it et every hour, and there will be surely a video on it to morrow

We see the princess Charlene swimming in the pool with the children, and I can say that there is no need a long comment to see that Charlene is very confortable and at easr with them .

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know she doesn't. ?

Her body language, facial expressions etc. suggest to me that she is becoming more confident and relaxed in her role.

Who said that I was referring to pictures only. ?

Rarely smiles. Oh, now, I'm sure that if you look really, really hard you will come up with more than the odd example of her smiling. ;)

Do you like her. ?

I like her very much. Am I seeing what I want to see. ?

If you dislike her, are you seeing what you want to see. ?

Just curious.

Well, let me answer each and every question you asked above:

How do you know she doesn't. ? - I didn't say she doesn't, I asked how do you know she does. I think I said I don't know as I doubt you can tell from the picture what her exact state and mind is. One can easily pretend. I am not saying she does or does not, but I am saying it's hard to tell not knowing someone personally what that person really feels.

Her body language, facial expressions etc. suggest to me that she is becoming more confident and relaxed in her role. - To me, I repeat, she almost always seems to look the same, same face expression, same body expression. Thus my questions to you.

Who said that I was referring to pictures only. ? - I assumed, I admit, what were you referring to then?

Rarely smiles. Oh, now, I'm sure that if you look really, really hard you will come up with more than the odd example of her smiling. ;) - But why would I? This is my reason and my example, why do I have to come up with anything else? To me she does rarely smile. And I do not feel like looking really hard, I say what I see and think.

Do you like her. ? - Why does that matter? I don't think I ever said anything about my personal feelings towards her.

I like her very much. Am I seeing what I want to see. ? - I don't know, only you can answer that question.

If you dislike her, are you seeing what you want to see. ? - Again, never said anything about my personal feelings towards her. I am seeing what I am seeing and I am trying to be objective, as much as I can. Trying being a key word here, I think :)

Just curious. ! - Did I answer all your questions and fulfilled your curiosity? If not, please, feel free to ask. I have no problems answering any polite question, and yours were very polite. Thank you for a good conversation, rare here :flowers:

Thanks, Melina, for the videos. It's nice to see that the Princess not only provides the funding, but is also hands on involved in the project. A very worthy cause, I think, as many youngsters in our country lose their lives through drowning every year...

Princess Charlene has attended the Top Marques Monaco today, April 20, it had been opened by Prince Albert on April 17 (see his current events thread). Her brother Gareth attended as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** fb: H.S.H Princess Charlene of Monaco visiting Top Marques Monaco **

You can also find a short video at the Top Marques Facebook site.

** pp gallery: Charlene de Monaco entraîne son frère Gareth au marché des millionnaires **

Charlene yesterday also attended the Rolex Masters (see the family's current events thread) and made a surprise
visit to the head chef of the Princely Palace who's in the centre of a new documentary.

** Pic ** Documentary **

Last edited:
It seems P Charlene is indeed in SA this week:

Www.looklocal.content/[/URL].

She is SA to attend functions for her foundation and to attend the wedding of a friend according to a SA newspaper. These events were planned long ago so that is why she missed the Dutch enthronement. What a pity. She would have looked lovely at all of the events in Holland.

If her talk to the microphone was extemporaneous, she's good at it (even though it was in English).

Princess Charlene has known from January this inauguration day in the Netherlands. One might think that the date of her foundation duty in SA could have been changed. And she is a very lucky woman to be able to travel from Europe to South Africa to a friend's wedding, must be a really good friend.
Charlène von Monaco Was macht sie in Südafrika - BUNTE
Translation

I wonder if this same friend was at Charlene's wedding?

Princess Charlene has known from January this inauguration day in the Netherlands. One might think that the date of her foundation duty in SA could have been changed. And she is a very lucky woman to be able to travel from Europe to South Africa to a friend's wedding, must be a really good friend.
Charlène von Monaco Was macht sie in Südafrika - BUNTE
Translation

:whistling::whistling::whistling: I agree with you, something doesnt seem right. Charlene is first and foremost Monaco representative and should be at her husband's sight especially for events at the highest level.

Having said that, I found it strange that Albert would attend, as a Head of State himself.

On the page of the press of the foundation of the princess Charlene there is in french the report of the launch of the program 'learn to swim' in Agadir, it is said that three programs of the 'learn to swim' are under study 'one in South Africa and two in Europa' Charlene was in South Africa to prepare the launch of this program.

http://fondationprincessecharlene.mc/fr/files/2013/04/Nice-matin-18-avril-2013.jpg

I gave some days ago a link about a report on nice Matin.
There will be a fashion show on the port Hercules of the house Dior on may 18th
This event is under the patronage of the princess charlene

La maison Dior défilera sur le port le 18 mai sur le port de Monaco | Nice-Matin

the foundation of princess charlene. will give the list of the ambassadors of the foundation at the end of may, i gave you the link of this report with photos which is in french and not in english

the foundation whose council was held on april 15th is a big thing with many programs and projects, it did a lot of work in only four months

First Annual General Meeting of the Princess Charlene of Monaco | Princess Charlene Of Monaco Foundation

Last edited by a moderator:
:whistling::whistling::whistling: I agree with you, something doesnt seem right. Charlene is first and foremost Monaco representative and should be at her husband's sight especially for events at the highest level.

Having said that, I found it strange that Albert would attend, as a Head of State himself.

Who should have attended in his place? Kings and queens attend weddings of crown princes and princesses, funerals of kings and queens. Since Monaco is a principality perhaps the protocol is that he should attend.

Good manners dictate that if you accept an invitation, then you do not cancel because another invitation arrives at later date.

Let's take a practical approach....

Charlene accepted an invitation to a friends wedding and (I assume) then dovetailed in engagements linked to her foundation. Now that makes sense doesn't it? solves any problems of travelling to and fro Monaco. 2 birds one stone - totally acceptable.

Then there is an announcement of the Abdication of Queen Beatrix. Now protocol has dictated in the past that only CPs (or equivalent) attend such events, thus making the new King the most senior person present. He then tours ~(as planned) other kingdoms over time.

So who would represent Monaco? - well (as previously shown ) it is P Caroline but for some unknown reason Albert goes. IT has been said that attendance at events do not normally go "up" the chain, but why not? Caroline cant make it; Charlene is already engaged (and she would not be expected to go anyway) so I'll (Albert) go on my own.

It is very simple and straight forward. But peeps want to make it a big deal. Friends know about weddings 6-9 months in advance. So don't automatically blame Charlene.

No one is offended in the royal world. Why should anyone be offended in here.

Good manners dictate that if you accept an invitation, then you do not cancel because another invitation arrives at later date.

No one is offended in the royal world. Why should anyone be offended in here.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, much ado about nothing. The attendance of a head of state at such an event was unusual but not without precedence. Queen Maud of Norway attended the coronation of George VI. King Albert II and Queen Beatrix attended the accession of Henri of Luxembourg.
By some peoples reasoning it must also have been wrong for the Moroccan and Qatari wives to attend without their husbands or for the Crown Prince of Thailand to leave his wife at home and travel with his sister.

Let's take a practical approach....

Charlene accepted an invitation to a friends wedding and (I assume) then dovetailed in engagements linked to her foundation. Now that makes sense doesn't it? solves any problems of travelling to and fro Monaco. 2 birds one stone - totally acceptable.

Then there is an announcement of the Abdication of Queen Beatrix. Now protocol has dictated in the past that only CPs (or equivalent) attend such events, thus making the new King the most senior person present. He then tours ~(as planned) other kingdoms over time.

So who would represent Monaco? - well (as previously shown ) it is P Caroline but for some unknown reason Albert goes. IT has been said that attendance at events do not normally go "up" the chain, but why not? Caroline cant make it; Charlene is already engaged (and she would not be expected to go anyway) so I'll (Albert) go on my own.

It is very simple and straight forward. But peeps want to make it a big deal. Friends know about weddings 6-9 months in advance. So don't automatically blame Charlene.

No one is offended in the royal world. Why should anyone be offended in here.

I guess that most of us are so sad/mad/angry because they really wanted to see Charlene there, specially after she and Albert skipped Guillaume's wedding!

I guess that most of us are so sad/mad/angry because they really wanted to see Charlene there, specially after she and Albert skipped Guillaume's wedding!

We're they invited?

They were absent from the wedding because after completing state visits to Poland and Germany they had to go to NYC for events surrounding the Princess Grace Awards. Caroline represented her brother at the wedding. It is not as if they "skipped" the wedding to stay home and watch tv or go sailing in the Med.

A very plausible and logical explanation, Cepe. I posted more or less the same line of thought on the Dutch forum where there was a discussion about P Charlene's absence as well, but unfortunately my post disappeared. It would indeed have been wonderful to see the Princess in some beautiful gowns and breathtaking jewelry!! next time...

Well my first impression upon viewing the pics of the arriving guests a few days ago was that it was odd for Princess Charlene not to be there, was a bit surprised in fact, especially seeing Albert all alone and rather upset in that one pic I saw of him sitting down. Of course I only saw that one pic, as I was not interested in following the rest of the pomp & circumstance, so I don't know if Albert was looking happier later on. I just found it odd is all, that his wife was not by his side.

Naturally it made me wonder if everything is alright in the House of Grimaldi? And after reading some of these comments I s'pose it's no big deal, as long as it doesn't happen again... Jmho. :)

They were absent from the wedding because after completing state visits to Poland and Germany they had to go to NYC for events surrounding the Princess Grace Awards. Caroline represented her brother at the wedding. It is not as if they "skipped" the wedding to stay home and watch tv or go sailing in the Med.

I know, but I wanted to see them there. What I'm saying is, that most of us were sad she wasn't there at both events because we wanted to have our guilty pleasure of seeing her finally in a tiara, she's not to be blamed for sure, and after all, I'm the one who knew first that she wouldn't be there (posted it days before the guest list was released) so I took the first shock! :D

i read somewhere that P.Albert attended himself because he knows now-King WA quite well because of their joined interest in the IOC and water management, P.Charlene's engagement friend's wedding) was probably first, because wedding preparations often take many months (even with 'common' people)

So probably indeed we are reading too much into it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom