The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert and Princess Charlene

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Actually it was 5th place in the womens 4 x 100 medley at the 2000 Summer Olympics. The team won a silver medal in the same event at the 2002 Commonwealth Games. in 2007 she reclaimed her South African championship in the womens 50m backstroke.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Actually it was 5th place in the womens 4 x 100 medley at the 2000 Summer Olympics. The team won a silver medal in the same event at the 2002 Commonwealth Games. in 2007 she reclaimed her South African championship in the womens 50m backstroke.
I thought she swam individual events as well as the relay in that games?

Old 12-23-2011, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by smdouglas View Post
Nope...as a married couple in Monaco, they share the funds - much as is the case in most of the world.

Try checking out the Olympic reality:

Olympic Sports
Wikipedia

You, obviously, don't live in the same world as I do. I prefer to live in this world.
If they divorce, she won´t go away with half the Grimaldi´s fortune, so she does not own half of it. They must have made it perfectly clear with a contract before the wedding.
I do not mean she does not have a lot at her disposal and that, much before the wedding.

Thank you so much for the information! How could I forget the team competition I must have been thinking about individual swimming. I think that the fakeness around her made me forget her impressive accomplishments. Now, if your links say she did not qualify for Beijing, and the palace says she did, which one you would say belongs to your world?

In 2007, she ceased competing after qualifying for the Beijing Olympics.

Biography - Prince
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps when you show us your Olympic medals or your Argentinian national records your opinion on athletic success will have more value.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As a reminder: This is a current events thread for Princess Charlene! Let's get back to the topic of
this thread and stay respectful even if the views on certain things vary significantly.

For a discussion about Princess Charlene's former swimming career please re-check the information
posted at the following thread and continue the discussion there if desired:

** Charlene Wittstock's Education & Swimming Career **
Old 12-23-2011, 03:59 AM
Nobility

LOLL,The award that PC got is already nestling comfortably in one of rooms at the private apartments of the couple.She'd already moved on ..like the rest of us.

If you have any complaints about it,direct it to the german committee who deemed her good enough to get an award.Evryone seemed happy at the picture during that event,just saying.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Royal Highness

(...)

Charlene will speak in 2012 about the foundation Princess Charlene, foundation who make goods for children and mothers.We can not speak only about happyness of persons and do not hope the unhappyness of persons even when we do not like them, for me, it is not my religion and it is Christmas.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Courtier

Even if Charlene could walk on water or even if she could heal cancer, for some people it will never be enough.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year. With the Princess Charlene Foundation coming up there will be a lot to write about in this thread
Old 12-24-2011, 06:53 AM
Royal Highness

A australian local newspaper anounces to day that princess charlene will attend the opening of the Princess Grace exhibition at Bendigo on Martch 2012, I don't know if it is true.
Old 12-28-2011, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

an article about the opening of princess grace 's exhibition and princess Charlene

Monaco's Princess Charlene to open Grace Kelly show | Herald Sun
Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Aristocracy

Very exciting, I'll be doing my best to try and see her and the exhibition. Sounds wonderful
Old 12-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady74 View Post
Very exciting, I'll be doing my best to try and see her and the exhibition. Sounds wonderful
And if you see her you will take a lot of photos, of course (for us).
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

This should be a great exhibition, as Grace Kelly WAS a true style icon, imo.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Commoner

Wonderful news, I look forward to being there at the opening. I hope sHe's accompanied by Caroline
Old 01-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
Even if Charlene could walk on water or even if she could heal cancer, for some people it will never be enough.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year. With the Princess Charlene Foundation coming up there will be a lot to write about in this thread
Here's to a great year for Charlene.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

To day , on the site of the palace,
Coup d'envoi du Monaco Optimist Team Race en présence de S.A.S. la Princesse Charlène - Palais Princier de Monaco
Princess charlene gives the start of the optimist team race
Old 01-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Courtier

Great to see her at work again.
She looks absolutely stunning.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more pics of Princess Charlene at the Monaco Optimist Team Racing presentation today, January 20, 2012:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **
Old 01-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Courtier

She is obviously having a good time around these kids
Old 01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

She is really having a good time. Love the Pashmina with pockets.

Tags
charlene, princess charlene