Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 3: January 2017 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Charlene has recorded a message about the risk of drowning:

Great cause and truely connected to her own interests, no doubt whatsoever!

I like that she uses the podium she is given by her station in life to make a change in the world!

Still not a single word in French ? After 7 years of being the Princess of Monaco it becomes pathetic.. Think that Maxima, Mary and Marie broke records in learning their new country language extremely fast...

Still not a single word in French ? After 7 years of being the Princess of Monaco it becomes pathetic.. Think that Maxima, Mary and Marie broke records in learning their new country language extremely fast...

I have to admit it crossed my mind, but maybe this vid was not so much intended for the Monegask people but for audience around the globe, jn which case english might not be such a bad choice..

(that said, to be honest: from this vid, for which the text has been written down and practised, i assume, i don't think public or officially speaking is her best talent..even in english she sounds a bit uncertain...just imo ofcourse)

You are right @Lee-Z. Talking is not her strong point. Nevertheless, despite that matter had been discussed a lot, this total absence of involvement in French is unbelievable. Especially in a prepared klip, where you can repeat if any mistake arrives, till the final result. And of course message was addressed to Monaco, because of the French translation. What to say, not understandable.

Charlene is speaking french in Monaco when she is meeting monegash people in public events, I published some years ago a report when she was speaking french ro handicaped persons who were watching the Grand Prix

She is also doing french speechs as this one

But it is details, Charlene is doing a very good job with her foundation, it is acting everywhere in the world ially in the very poor countris where the people are dying because they don't know how to swim. , she is helping poor schools as in South Africa, Zambia or Kenya and other countries

There are two centers in Monaco and in Burjina Faso and and two offices In USA and in Monaco, a new oddice will be opened in South America

On Monaco there are the saint devote rugbu y tournament which is becoming very big, the water safety day , the riviera water bike challenge and a now a gala diner to raise money for her foundation.

Of course, she is speaking bery well in english when she is speaking about her foundation, her foundation is internarional and sadly the endlish language is more international rhan the french language

Fondation Princesse Charlene de Monaco
There are now a lot of public events about the foundation in Monaco or in other countries (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you @Mélina premiere. Lovely video. I hope she learns fast.

I see that Monaco fashion week starts today. I hope she turns up as she's the patron of this event but she didn't show last year.

Princess Charlene of Monaco Foundation

The second edition of the Riviera Water Bike Challenge will be held in june 2018 and the list of participants is available.
The proceeds of the race and the recent gala will go to the*Princess Charlene Foundation, a charity for children with an interest in sports.
https://globalsuperyachtmarketing.com/2018/04/25/schiller-bikes-riviera-water-bike-challenge-2018/
(and some very well known sportspeople participating, can i just say: Ian Thorpe, woohoo!)

I've always loved those Princely visits at the maternity ward - including the ones Stephanie and Caroline have made in the past. Always so cute and touching to see!

Here's a video:

It does look like brother Sean in the background. But I haven't seen him in any pictures from the GP. And he will also take part in the Water Bike challenge in June.

Lovely footage of P Charlene and the couple. I can't help but notice how comfortable and warm P Charlene is around people in casual and ordinary situations, and how she sometimes seems so aloof at formal occasions with cameras flashing in her face.

C4A, I agree with you. When Charlene is mingling with" ordinary" people she is in her element. For example: when she visits the retirement home in Monaco, kindergarten, with children etc. I can fully understand her awkwardness when during formal occasions, she has to keep smiling all the time and greeting people she hardly knows.

Thanks for the link to that video - I always enjoy hearing Charlene speak, her voice is low-pitched, she speaks clearly in a cultured manner and with a charming Zimbabwe accent.

Very sweet. Is the man with blazer and beard Charlene's brother Sean?
According to the link

DIAPO. La princesse Charlène fête les mamans au CHPG - Monaco-Matin

it was Sean Wittstock, but why would her brother accompany her on an engagement to a maternity ward? :ermm:

Yes,it is great tp see her at the festival
She is very at ease and very smiling

Thanks for posting, always great to see P.Charlene on her charity outings :flowers:

Thanks for posting, always great to see P.Charlene on her charity outings :flowers:
It is - I just find it really frustrating that these things have be hunted down. If it isn't in Europe or the US many of the big photo agencies don't carry the pictures. I think the palace PR should be publicising these things better.

I think the palace and the princess Charlene foundation will publish some photos Charlene will visit the associations of the giving org and attend the lecture of the former president Barak O Bama about Nelson Mandela at the celebrations of N Mandela

But we will know more if the palace publish an article

I think the palace and the princess Charlene foundation will publish some photos Charlene will visit the associations of the giving org and attend the lecture of the former president Barak O Bama about Nelson Mandela at the celebrations of N Mandela

But we will know more if the palace publish an article
I hope so - it's nice to see what's happening.

I agree with posters above. The Palace PR team are mot very effective in reporting on the activities of P Charlene. Thus the perception at times that she she is not engaged/involved as other Royal ladies. It is just that her activities often go unreported. Hopefully this can change soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom