Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks marty91 for posting the pics. They are indeed very nice. They look happy, the Princess looks calm, although it just cannot be comfortable at this stage of a twin pregnancy.

I guess from December 1 the "babywatch" can officially begin. My guess is within the first two weeks of the month...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

There are rumours (and thus not reliable) of a birth scheduled for the 15th December...

Anyway, according to Semana Everything is ready for the coming of the twins...

http://www.semana.es/alberto-y-charlene-todo-listo-para-el-nacimiento-de-sus-gemelos-te-contamos-todos-los-detalles-2014[/url] :flowers:

Lazuli: I cannot see the page...:sad:

The CIO meeetings are scheduled in Monaco on the 4th and 5th December and on the 8th and 9th... So I think the birth has been scheduled after these engagements

Prince Albert also said that it is the nature.

Charlene may give also birth during the CIO meeting , a birth sometimes arrives before a scheduled birth.

I remember that the prince Carl philip of Sweden is born when his father the king carl Gustave was during an official visit in Germany, of course the king returned very quickly to Stockholm.

excuse me for the first sentence ' prince Albert said that it will be the nature which will decide.

A thing is sure, the twins will be there before Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazuli: I cannot see the page...:sad:

The CIO meeetings are scheduled in Monaco on the 4th and 5th December and on the 8th and 9th... So I think the birth has been scheduled after these engagements

Oh, sorry Marty91charmed. I'll try to post it again

[http://www.semana.es/alberto-y-char...s-gemelos-te-contamos-todos-los-detalles-2014

Alberto y Charlene: todo listo para el nacimiento de sus gemelos. Te contamos los detalles"]Alberto y Charlene: todo listo para el nacimiento de sus gemelos. Te contamos los detalles

I hope it works this time... :flowers:

Los valores de la princesa Gracia son los que Alberto de Mónaco inculcará a los gemelos

Los valores de la princesa Gracia son los que Alberto de Mónaco inculcará a los gemelos

Albert of Monaco will bring up his twins with Princess Grace's values

My guess is that the princess has been scheduled for a caesarian delivery that will take place within the first two weeks of December at the Princess Grace Hospital. I do not think the doctors will take any risks, they can control the deliver(ies) much easier this way.

It's going to be the happiest Christmas in Monaco since before Princess Grace died!:p

I like the special titles,Marquis des Baux has been used in the past for the Hereditary Prince but I'm not sure if Comte de Carladès was given to the child of a Sovereign Prince before?

The photos of the couple taken on National Day are very beautiful.

Here are the scans. I'm sorry if they are too small and we can't read anything but that's the best I've found:

charle1_zpsf99fe89d.jpg Photo by flori09 | Photobucket

Love the photos but this one in particular! :flowers:

P.S. There was another one where he is holding her hand and they both are looking off to the right, but it's not singled out. I liked that one, too, because he's holding her hand. So sweet.

My guess is that the princess has been scheduled for a caesarian delivery that will take place within the first two weeks of December at the Princess Grace Hospital. I do not think the doctors will take any risks, they can control the deliver(ies) much easier this way.

It's going to be the happiest Christmas in Monaco since before Princess Grace died!:p

So right! :flowers: First genders, then names, then pictures! :)

Last edited:
I like the special titles,Marquis des Baux has been used in the past for the Hereditary Prince but I'm not sure if Comte de Carladès was given to the child of a Sovereign Prince before?

The title of Comte de Carladès was one of the Sovereign Prince's titles. It hasn't been given to any child in the past though.

Strangely, the French Wikipedia page about the Comtes de Carladès said the title doesn't belong to the Monaco family anymore because of male primogeniture. Consequently Prince Rainier III could not inherit it from her mother Princess Charlotte...Does anyone have more info on this ?

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des_vicomtes_de_Carlat#Comtes_titulaires_de_Carlad.C3.A8s

Last edited:
In 1643, The King Louis XIII the parts of the country around carlat and the title of Comte of Carladez to Honoré II , prince of Monaco.

Prince Albert is comte of Carladez and he says that his or her second child will receive the title of comte de Carlades or Comtesse de carlades

In May , he visited the Carlat and Carlades as comte de Carlades.

Wikipédia was wrong about this.

Here in the article there is the history of the title of comte de arlades

Mur-de-Barrez. Le prince Albert de Monaco et Charlène en visite - 10/05/2014 - LaDépêche.fr

on the officially site of the palace there is the titles of the prince Albert among them there is the title of carlades

http://cloud.gouv.mc/webweb/Annuoff.nsf/(ListCh)/B7433860E52C08F9C12567C20033DFD7!OpenDocument

Two princesses (2x 21=42 salutefires)
Hospital-reservation from 24-12.
Makes me think that two little ladies will be born just after Christmas

Wouldn't it be more than a 21 gun salute for each?

When Prince George was born, there was a 41 gun salute by The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery in Green Park and a 61 gun salute by the Honourable Artillery Company at the Tower of London

Prince Albert also said that it is the nature.

Charlene may give also birth during the CIO meeting , a birth sometimes arrives before a scheduled birth.

I remember that the prince Carl philip of Sweden is born when his father the king carl Gustave was during an official visit in Germany, of course the king returned very quickly to Stockholm.

excuse me for the first sentence ' prince Albert said that it will be the nature which will decide.

Having stated that the preferred option is to let nature take it's course, I find myself a little bemused by the notion that Charlene, or any pregnant woman for that matter, would schedule what is, after all, a surgical procedure, to abruptly wrench the babies from the womb. What is natural about that? What is healthy about that?

If, heaven forfend, Charlene's babies become distressed and it is a medical necessity to perform a C-Section then so be it. But if her Doctors are into scheduling for any reason other than a health crisis, she would be well advised to ditch them. Trying to control mother nature is not an emergency, neither is scheduling one to fit around a calendar engagement.

I hope that Charlene and Albert get to have a beautiful experience welcoming their children into the world with love, warmth and joy . . . no scalpels required.

My post was sheer speculation MARG. I don't know for sure if a planned C-section is what's going to happen, but given Prince Albert's comments in his latest interview about how the doctors want the infants delivered BEFORE the princess's late December due date,it would not surprise me.

Twins-especially when the mother is past 35 and this is her first pregnancy, are considered a high risk birth. Princess Charlene will be 37 years old in less than 8 weeks. And if she is near or at term there is no question of "abruptly wrenching" the babies out. They would be safely delivered in a hospital under the best, most qualified medical care available. Caesarians are performed quite safely millions of times a day all over the world. This is the 21st century. No woman or her doctor is "controlling mother nature" by opting for this method of birth. There is also nothing unhealthy about it as a C-section is, in some cases, more safe than a regular delivery. And for Charlene, these long awaited babies would definitely take priority over any calendar engagement.

But no matter how they come into the world, I could not be more thrilled for TSH. For me, it's the most exciting royal baby news in years:).

Last edited:
The doctors can also start contractions and then let then be born normally, no Caesarian neccessary.

My post was sheer speculation MARG. I don't know for sure if a planned C-section is what's going to happen, but given Prince Albert's comments in his latest interview about how the doctors want the infants delivered BEFORE the princess's late December due date,it would not surprise me.

Twins-especially when the mother is past 35 and this is her first pregnancy, are considered a high risk birth. Princess Charlene will be 37 years old in less than 8 weeks. And if she is near or at term there is no question of "abruptly wrenching" the babies out. They would be safely delivered in a hospital under the best, most qualified medical care available. Caesarians are performed quite safely millions of times a day all over the world. This is the 21st century. No woman or her doctor is "controlling mother nature" by opting for this method of birth. There is also nothing unhealthy about it as a C-section is, in some cases, more safe than a regular delivery. And for Charlene, these long awaited babies would definitely take priority over any calendar engagement.

But no matter how they come into the world, I could not be more thrilled for TSH. For me, it's the most exciting royal baby news in years:).

Actually, doctors are asked to do everything they can to avoid a C-section birth for it has been proven it is a source of complications and may be health threatening for mother and child. A twin pregnancy is closely monitored but women can give birth to twins without C-section. If the C-section required by a medical emergency, it is better for both mother and children to have a naturel birth. C-section is a surgical procedure and a surgical procedure is never something trivial.

Having stated that the preferred option is to let nature take it's course, I find myself a little bemused by the notion that Charlene, or any pregnant woman for that matter, would schedule what is, after all, a surgical procedure, to abruptly wrench the babies from the womb. What is natural about that? What is healthy about that?

If, heaven forfend, Charlene's babies become distressed and it is a medical necessity to perform a C-Section then so be it. But if her Doctors are into scheduling for any reason other than a health crisis, she would be well advised to ditch them. Trying to control mother nature is not an emergency, neither is scheduling one to fit around a calendar engagement.

I hope that Charlene and Albert get to have a beautiful experience welcoming their children into the world with love, warmth and joy . . . no scalpels required.

Actually, doctors are asked to do everything they can to avoid a C-section birth for it has been proven it is a source of complications and may be health threatening for mother and child. A twin pregnancy is closely monitored but women can give birth to twins without C-section. If the C-section required by a medical emergency, it is better for both mother and children to have a naturel birth. C-section is a surgical procedure and a surgical procedure is never something trivial.

I would say these different views are caused more by culture than anything else. Opinions in Europe (especially in the Netherlands) differ from opinions in the US when it comes to having a scheduled C-section. If I remember correctly a woman in Germany had triplets naturately this year.

I would say these different views are caused more by culture than anything else. Opinions in Europe (especially in the Netherlands) differ from opinions in the US when it comes to having a scheduled C-section. If I remember correctly a woman in Germany had triplets naturately this year.

C-section scheduled for personal convenience are heavily criticized by the World Health Organization. So it is not only a matter of cultural difference. I add nevertheless that scheduled C-sections are common practices in private french hospital, where too often some surgeons and gynaecologists don't want to be called for naturel births during the week-ends. C-sections bills are heavier than natural births bill, and this can explain that too.

Wouldn't it be more than a 21 gun salute for each?

When Prince George was born, there was a 41 gun salute by The King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery in Green Park and a 61 gun salute by the Honourable Artillery Company at the Tower of London

Prince George also had a surprisingly low key christening ceremony with not even one Royal godparent, which for a future British monarch is unprecedented.

Despite receiving less rifle salutes than George, I am almost certain that will not be the case for the newborn Marquis des Baux, and the Comte/Comtess de Carlades!

Last edited:
I love the titles. I am so excited about the impending births. I cannot wait for it to happen. The anticipation of whether male, female, one of each, babies' names, godparents etc. etc. :flowers:

The title is "What I Want To Pass On To Our Twins" and the princess spends most of the article discussing her work with her charities, particular teaching water safety and swimming to children to reduce the number of accidental drownings worldwide. She says that feeling busy and useful is very important to her sense of well-being.

She says that her own mother Lynette was very present in her life and the lives of her brothers when they were children and that she was a very sporty woman who encouraged Charlene's love of swimming.

Princess Charlene says she received from her mother a sense of duty, friendship, honesty and humility. She would like to impart these values to her twins.

That is a brief synopsis of the article, maybe someone else can translate the entire thing.

Last edited:
Agreed, Moonmaiden23, if c-section is considered safest for Mother and Babies, it is the best way to go. In the end it is the health of all parties concerned that is paramount, regardless of what is considered hip or not. Therefore, I continue to pray for the health of P Charlene and a safe delivery of the twins. The couple has waited for some time for this, and now they are doubly blessed. Let's wish them the best...

Agreed, Moonmaiden23, if c-section is considered safest for Mother and Babies, it is the best way to go. In the end it is the health of all parties concerned that is paramount, regardless of what is considered hip or not. Therefore, I continue to pray for the health of P Charlene and a safe delivery of the twins. The couple has waited for some time for this, and now they are doubly blessed. Let's wish them the best...

I agree. The idea that in the year 2014 a possible caesarian delivery for the high risk delivery of twins for a woman in her late 30's could be considered a self-indulgent subversion of nature is just mind-blowing.:ermm:

What is most important is the safe delivery of the twins. Whether that will be a natural or surgical delivery is best left in the competent hands of Charlene's doctors.

I agree. The idea that in the year 2014 a possible caesarian delivery for the high risk delivery of twins for a woman in her late 30's could be considered a self-indulgent subversion of nature is just mind-blowing.:ermm:

What is most important is the safe delivery of the twins. Whether that will be a natural or surgical delivery is best left in the competent hands of Charlene's doctors.

It’s not the C-section that people oppose it’s the elected C-section. Some people believe that a c-section is always safer that a vaginal delivery and that’s simply not the case. A c-section is surgery and should never be underestimated. There are risks involved in surgery. Having twins in ones 30’s isn’t always a medical reason to have a c-section so there is no reason to have one.

Maube Charlene has had some problems during the pregnancy, who knows? I believe that if she is going to have a c.section is because she has some issues with the babies and not because she "doesn't want" a cesarean... Other royal women had cesarean for serious reasons/medical problems...

I couldn't care less how the twins were conceived or how they come into the world and I don't know why anyone else would either. I just hope that mother and children come out safe, sound and healthy at the other end. I am so excited about all this and can't wait for all the events that will follow, especially the baptisms which I hope will be a big state occasion in the cathedral the same as Albert's was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom