Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says that what is the gender of the child, it will be 21 shots for each child. there will be no difference.

That's a well-done organization! And I am glad they aren't going to make any difference between the babies...

I didn't understand one thing: Will the day off be the day of the birth or the day of the presentation of the twins?

Thanks, melina, for posting this info. I think the announcement on Monacochannel is very clear that 21 canon shots will be fired for each baby regardless of the gender and the public holiday will be on the day of their presentation. But when will the public get to know the gender of the babies? When P Albert puts up the notice at the Palace?

Very exciting times ahead. Even more so for the prospective parents. I Think P Charlene said a very true thing when she said they were super excited, but were also very much aware of the huge responsibility they now have.

I think the birth may well be in the first 10 days of next month.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I expect the babies will be two boys or a boy and a girl.

All the excitement will come after their birth, when there will be discussed names, godparents, all details regarding christening ceremony etc.

The day off will be the day of the presentation of the babies, I think that the medias will announce the gender of the babies before the shots of canon and the notice will be put on the wall of the palace the day of the birth of the babies.

When for the last time in the world did reigning monarch produced the heir? Whether heir apparent or presumptive... just baby which is 1st in line immediately after the birth... Or to put it another way was there any such situation since Princess Victoria was born in Sweden? I am wondering how special situation in history we are actually witnessing...

Well, the last heir in Monaco (Prince Albert) was born 56 years ago... So this births will be very special

Well, the last heir in Monaco (Prince Albert) was born 56 years ago... So this births will be very special

I know and for sure - for Monaco it will be huge.... but I am asking when this happened for the last time generally in the world of monarchies?

Yes, I guess the most "direct" was Princess Estelle's birth

No Estelle is not the last direct heir . Estelle in the second heir after her mother Princess Victoria of Swedenh who is the heir of her father King Carl Gustave of Sweden.
The last sovereign who produced a dirct heir was king Carl Gustav of Sweden who was king when he married Sylvia Sommerlath and princess Victoria was the last direct heir of the european monarchies. there was 37 years ago.

One of the twins of Monaco will be the direct heir . the other princely births were the heirs of the heirs of the other Kings or Queens of other monarchies

Technically, the King of Sweden produced two direct heirs as Sovereign, as Prince Carl Philip was born Crown Prince and then Princess Victoria became the heiress apparent.

This is indeed a historical occasion. Maybe the history buffs among us can inform us when the last time was that the heir to the throne was also part of a twin?

The last sovereign who produced a dirct heir was king Carl Gustav of Sweden who was king when he married Sylvia Sommerlath and princess Victoria was the last direct heir of the european monarchies. there was 37 years ago.

But Crown Princess Victoria was no drect heir at the time of her birth. Woman got succesion rights in Sweden only in 1980. So the last time that a direct heir to a reigning european Monarch was born was in 1979 when the then Crown Prince Carl Philip of Sweden was born.

Last edited:
Yes, you are right, I did not remember that it was first Carl philip who was the direct heir. it was in 1979, after there were no more direct heir after this principaly birth.

There was never been twins who were first direct heirs , and never in the 700 years of dynastie in Monaco, yes, it is historic for the principality.

Even if there will be an other addition after twin girls, the boy will be the direct heir of a sovereign.

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
So the last heir was Victoria... I know swedish case is a little bit confusing as she was heir presumptive, than CP became heir apparent a then law was changed and she became heir apparent.. but as we do not know what will born in Monaco and whether in case of two girls there will be any other addition to the family (or any change of succession) I think we can count Victoria.. or Sweden generelly as the las one..

And with the twins .. well last shah of Iran had a sister twin, but girls were not in line ( I guess) and his father was not monarch when they were born... and Hohenzollerns now have twin but htey are not reigning family...

Even if there will be an other addition after twin girls, the boy will be the direct heir of a sovereign.

Exactly... but I got new idea about last heir born to king. What about Morrocco? King successeded in 1999, his son current crown prince was born 2003. But as it is not europian monarchy the question is wheather he was crown prince since he was born or wheather he became crown prince later... but it would be probably "newer" exaple then Victoria.

I expect the babies will be two boys or a boy and a girl.

I definitely think there is a boy coming. I hope it's a boy and a girl.

But whatever comes, health and happiness all round. :flowers:

Last edited:
So the last heir was Victoria... I know swedish case is a little bit confusing as she was heir presumptive, than CP became heir apparent a then law was changed and she became heir apparent.. but as we do not know what will born in Monaco and whether in case of two girls there will be any other addition to the family (or any change of succession) I think we can count Victoria.. or Sweden generelly as the las one..

No Victoria was not heiress presumptive at the time of her birth as in Sweden woman had no succession rights at all before 1980.

Point de vue front page with the couple, exclusive interview of the couple with the title

' this doble birth is a wonderfull gift of the life'

85272 - HostingPics.net - H?bergement d'images gratuit

A lot of people of Monaco are sure that the births of the babies will be perhaps next week because princess Charlene will be in the 38 weeks of pregnancy and the doctors don't like that a pregnancy of twins go on after before it is not good for the baies and for the mother.

There is an interview of Prince Albert and princess Charlene in Point De Vue

the prince says that the children will have also a specialy title

The prince hereditary or princess hereditary will have the title of Marquis des Baux or marquise des Baux

The second child who will be second in the line of sucession will have the title of Comte of Carladès or comtesse of carladès.

He said again that the due date is around Christmas but the birth will be ten days before because it is a pregnancy of twins,

the prince says that the children will have also a specialy title

The prince hereditary or princess hereditary will have the title of Marquis des Baux or marquise des Baux

The second child who will be second in the line of sucession will have the title of Comte of Carladès or comtesse of carladès.

What about the second child? Will he/she have Prince/Princess title or just Comte of Carlades? :ermm:

What about the second child? Will he/she have Prince/Princess title or just Comte of Carlades? :ermm:

Both children will be Prince or Princesses of Monaco.

The heir will also be the Hereditary Prince or Princess of Monaco and Marquis or Marquise de Baux.

The other child will also be Comte or Comtess of Carladès.

The second child will be prince or princess and comte de carladès as the first child will be hereditary prince or hereditary princess, marquis des Baux or marquise des baux.

Albert was hereditary prince of Monaco and Marquis des Baux before the death of his father.

Albert is prince sovereign of Monaco and has a lot of titles. Charlene is his wifes, she is princess of Monaco and has a lot of titles.

When was the title of Comte of Carlades established in the Grimaldi princely family?

When was the title of Comte of Carlades established in the Grimaldi princely family?

In 1643, King Louis XIII gave the Comte of Carlades to Prince Honore II under the terms of the 1641 Treaty of Peronne.

Won't Albert have to change some laws/acts to make a daughter Marquise de Baux? IIRC, it's only inheritable for a male heir apparent or presumptive to the monarch.

Beautiful titles regardless. I actually think Comte/Comtesse de Carladès is even more beautiful than Marquis/Marquise de Baux, but they both sound very regal and fit for the 1st and 2nd in line to the throne.

Cathedral bells ringing, cannon booming, the citizens gathering for a presentation of the princely infant(s) at the Palais...how very 18th century and I for one love it. If you're going to have a Ruling dynasty these days, I say go big or go home!;)

I also agree with Archduchess Zelia about the titles...very regal and very French. The baptism should be lavish, can't wait to know who the god-parents will be.

Last edited:
"Point de vue front page with the couple, exclusive interview of the couple " (quote)

Could someone maybe scan and upload the pics from this article? I believe there are some lovely ones we haven't seen before...

I so wish some magazine would do a feature on P Charlene's mother. She always looks so elegant and sounds like a wonderful person. How nice for P Charlene to have a close bond with her mother, especially during this exciting time...

"Point de vue front page with the couple, exclusive interview of the couple " (quote)

Could someone maybe scan and upload the pics from this article? I believe there are some lovely ones we haven't seen before...

I so wish some magazine would do a feature on P Charlene's mother. She always looks so elegant and sounds like a wonderful person. How nice for P Charlene to have a close bond with her mother, especially during this exciting time...

Here are the scans. I'm sorry if they are too small and we can't read anything but that's the best I've found:

charle1_zpsf99fe89d.jpg Photo by flori09 | Photobucket

charle2_zps2324b002.jpg Photo by flori09 | Photobucket

charle3_zpse335a59d.jpg Photo by flori09 | Photobucket

There are rumours (and thus not reliable) of a birth scheduled for the 15th December...

Two princesses (2x 21=42 salutefires)
Hospital-reservation from 24-12.
Makes me think that two little ladies will be born just after Christmas

in the interviews, prince Albert said in all his interviews Monaco Matin and Point de Vue that the due date is around Christmas but As it is a pregnancy of twins, it will be surely 10 days before. The reservation of the hospital could not be from 24 december.

For the canons shots, the prince and the palace said as it will be twins, there will 21 shots for each child withiut distinction , gender or number one or two of the birth. There will be 42 shots, may be 2 princesses, 2 princes or a prince or a princess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom