Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought when she was ill at an engagement a week ot two ago that there might be a pregnancy announcement. I am so glad that this is the case. Finally we have a baby for Charlene and Albert

I don't think they'd have announced the pregnancy until Charlene had completed her first trimester; isn't that how it is usually done?

So I expect the birth will be in late November.

It is a pity that Charlène, between one and two months pregnant, already canceled her trip to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, coming week. It would have been the very first formal outing of the Princess during a royal banquet, not as one of the guest on a wedding, but as one of the two most important persons in the framework of an official visit.

I would have loved it to see how the always so expressive Queen Máxima would greet and embrace Charlène, as the very first foreign royal able to congratulate her. What a pity....

i think it was wise of Charlène to cancel, no one wants a vomiting banquet guest!:lol:

I seriously doubt that the Palace would confirm the pregnancy of the princess if she was only 4 weeks pregnant, or even 8 weeks.

In fact I am certain they wouldn't have announced it so early.

For those of you wishing for twins for the couple, some more good news

https://twitter.com/benonicitytimes/status/472459165299142656

Of course this adds to the risk of the pregnancy and may contribute to the (disappointing )decision not to go to the Netherlands, but great news nonetheless...

(...)
What makes me dubious about this is that with twins she would be a little bigger than she is now if she is indeed 3 months pregnant.

Thank you, C4A...I bet they are very happy in South Africa today;)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow twins.... wonder if this will be confirmed by the princely palace..

(by the way, this will strenghten her position in the palace a lot; with that recent interview with her brother in mind where it stated that there powers working against her in the palace, this is a big point in her favor :) )

Oh yes for sure, very happy indeed! (...)

I think the info should be reliable, since it came from P Charlene's dad. And she has a good relationship with Clyde Meela, the journalist from the Benoni City Times. Derek Watts, who repeated the Tweet, is also a very respected journalist and reliable source.

Wow...that is incredible news! Maybe Archbishop Tutu can be a godparent...several will be needed!;)

Derek Watts @DerekWatts · 30 mag

My old bulawayo schoolmate mike wittstock has phoned to say his daughter is pregnant with twins. Congrats princess charlene and albert!

Now, it may be just a gossip, but why would this guy invent something? It's a tv presenter but we know that many times the Wittsock gave info away!

Besides the palace haven't said "baby" but pregnancy and event!

If true, I wonder about a IVF pregnancy... Waiting for more reliable sources

Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins | Benoni City Times
More reports on twins and Mike Wittstock revelation!

Seems quite detailed info IMO

Maybe it's not even true but that article saying specifically when Charlene boke the news to he dad etc made me wonder... I already suspected when the annoucent came without saying baby, or babies... We'll see!

I don't blame Charlene's father for being thrilled, but I don't think this info should have come from him.:ermm:

Twins are a high risk pregnancy even under optimal circumstances. I pray that all goes well for Charlene and her babies if this news is true.

This would be a great surprise! But I don't know what to think of this "twin news".

Lets wait!

For me social networks like facebook or twitter are indicators for the reliability of news. And neither on twitter nor on facebook a twin pregancy has been appeared.

But nonetheless it would be great.

For me social networks like facebook or twitter are indicators for the reliability of news. And neither on twitter nor on facebook a twin pregancy has been appeared.

But nonetheless it would be great.

IT comes from this tv presenter in twitter!

https://twitter.com/DerekWatts

Derek Watts @DerekWatts · 30 mag

"@pontian2010: @DerekWatts Congrats to them. Which school in bulawayo? curious" Hamilton high! Mike was a few grades ahead of me.

His page to have an idea: :: Derek Watts ::

Wow. when I said twinsies I had no idea that was true! Wow, I am an accidental psychic lol

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.

Does anyone know who would succeed to the throne if twins were born?

Does anyone know who would succeed to the throne if twins were born?

I think if they are of different sex, the boy will succeed the throne before his sister. And if they are of the same sex, then I think the first born will inherit the throne. But I don t know ...

Remember the press release
T.S.H the Prince and the Princess of Monaco are delighted to announce the pregnancy of H.S.H. Princess Charlène.
The birth is expected at the end of the year.
Prince's Palace of Monaco

It doesn't say anything about that one child will be born...

I think if they are of different sex, the boy will succeed the throne before his sister. And if they are of the same sex, then I think the first born will inherit the throne. But I don t know ...

Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and his wife had twin boys a while ago, the first one delivered is the heir apparent
Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, but it can make us speculate...

:lol: and we do :)

Because of the news from south-africa i'm inclined to believe it will be twins, but i hope the palace will confirm this officially..

It would be lovely if it was twins but let's wait until it's official. I don't understand why they wouldn't announce it was twins when they announced the pregnancy....

Sometimes a twin may pass in utero (is that right?), God forbid. Maybe they don't want to give too much info until the second trimester passes. Royal baby season is afoot! So many new little ones to coo over.

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.

GG, I am almost 100% sure that's the case. I bet Charlene wishes her father hadn't let the cat out of the bag about twins yet.

Twins? That would be brilliant! Imagine if it was a boy and a girl, Prince Honroè and Princess Louise would be a very good set of kid names ;) Of course... that's if it is true.

Twins would be lovely but I don't see why the palace wouldn't just announce that it was twins. I realise they didn't specify using the word pregnancy in the statement but would the end not have read "the births are expected" instead of just the singular "the birth is expected"? Maybe not just speculating.

Twins would be lovely but I don't see why the palace wouldn't just announce that it was twins. I realise they didn't specify using the word pregnancy in the statement but would the end not have read "the births are expected" instead of just the singular "the birth is expected"? Maybe not just speculating.

maybe they just wanted some part of this news to be private? Especially if she is not well (sorry - that is speculation - and that isn't allowed on these forums - apparently)

It is not that Charlène has a heavy program scheduled in the Netherlands, on the contrary.... more utra-light is not possible. Even Masako could do this.

Between the hopping over by private princely plane from Nice to the Netherlands, vice versa, Charlène only had two official duties:

- attend the opening of the Princess Grace Exhibition (appr. 20-30 minutes)

- attend the banquet given in their honour, hosted by the King and Queen

For the rest Charlène has private pastime with Queen Máxima and on the second day a private sightseeing by canalboat in Amsterdam, joined by Queen Máxima. That was it. (Prince Albert has a much heavier schedule, meeting politicians, visiting businesses and an university campus).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom