The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
It also doesn't say there will be two...
No, but it can make us speculate...

Old 05-31-2014, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
I think if they are of different sex, the boy will succeed the throne before his sister. And if they are of the same sex, then I think the first born will inherit the throne. But I don t know ...
Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and his wife had twin boys a while ago, the first one delivered is the heir apparent
Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
No, but it can make us speculate...
and we do

Because of the news from south-africa i'm inclined to believe it will be twins, but i hope the palace will confirm this officially..

Old 05-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It would be lovely if it was twins but let's wait until it's official. I don't understand why they wouldn't announce it was twins when they announced the pregnancy....
Old 05-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Aristocracy

Sometimes a twin may pass in utero (is that right?), God forbid. Maybe they don't want to give too much info until the second trimester passes. Royal baby season is afoot! So many new little ones to coo over.

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Majesty

GG, I am almost 100% sure that's the case. I bet Charlene wishes her father hadn't let the cat out of the bag about twins yet.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I so wish this to be true !!!!!
Old 05-31-2014, 06:51 PM
Gentry

Twins? That would be brilliant! Imagine if it was a boy and a girl, Prince Honroè and Princess Louise would be a very good set of kid names Of course... that's if it is true.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Twins would be lovely but I don't see why the palace wouldn't just announce that it was twins. I realise they didn't specify using the word pregnancy in the statement but would the end not have read "the births are expected" instead of just the singular "the birth is expected"? Maybe not just speculating.
Old 05-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Twins would be lovely but I don't see why the palace wouldn't just announce that it was twins. I realise they didn't specify using the word pregnancy in the statement but would the end not have read "the births are expected" instead of just the singular "the birth is expected"? Maybe not just speculating.
maybe they just wanted some part of this news to be private? Especially if she is not well (sorry - that is speculation - and that isn't allowed on these forums - apparently)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-31-2014, 09:21 PM
Majesty

It is not that Charlène has a heavy program scheduled in the Netherlands, on the contrary.... more utra-light is not possible. Even Masako could do this.

Between the hopping over by private princely plane from Nice to the Netherlands, vice versa, Charlène only had two official duties:

- attend the opening of the Princess Grace Exhibition (appr. 20-30 minutes)

- attend the banquet given in their honour, hosted by the King and Queen

For the rest Charlène has private pastime with Queen Máxima and on the second day a private sightseeing by canalboat in Amsterdam, joined by Queen Máxima. That was it. (Prince Albert has a much heavier schedule, meeting politicians, visiting businesses and an university campus).
Old 05-31-2014, 09:27 PM
Majesty

As "light" as that schedule seems to you and me, for a woman in the early stages of what is beginning to appear to be a high risk pregnancy it sounds like it would be a nightmare.

Banquets? Sightseeing? A boat excursion?? When you are horribly nauseated and exhausted??

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-31-2014, 09:37 PM
Majesty

The boat excursion forms the sightseeing, as Amsterdam is of course studded with canals. And these boats are very gentle and move slowly over flat water. Charlène would most likely be transported in one of those VIP boats from the Amsterdam Port Authority, with all comfort aboard, hostesses immediately being ready to do everything Her Serene Highness wants.

Come on...., other pregnant ladies go to work. They fly Ryanair. They have to queue for tourists sightseeing boats with uncomfortable benches. Charlène flies with a private jet, she will be picked up by a brand new extended bullet- and bombfree armoured royalblue Audi limousine which 'floats' over the road due to its massive weight, her appartments at the royal palace will be provided with the utmost luxury imagineable. Let us not exaggerate please..... I still remember a heavily pregnant Princess Máxima in the last stage of pregnancy, with a swollen balloon but attending all exhausting three days of a State Visit in hot Turkey.... !
Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is not that Charlène has a heavy program scheduled in the Netherlands, on the contrary.... more utra-light is not possible. Even Masako could do this.

Between the hopping over by private princely plane from Nice to the Netherlands, vice versa, Charlène only had two official duties:

- attend the opening of the Princess Grace Exhibition (appr. 20-30 minutes)

- attend the banquet given in their honour, hosted by the King and Queen

For the rest Charlène has private pastime with Queen Máxima and on the second day a private sightseeing by canalboat in Amsterdam, joined by Queen Máxima. That was it. (Prince Albert has a much heavier schedule, meeting politicians, visiting businesses and an university campus).
she's cancelled - you just need to accept it. She is pregnant, poss with twins. Its a "no risk taking" situation and for all we know, this is on doctors advice.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Courtier

It is not uncommon for a twin to die through the pregnancy, happened to my sister. They may want to be cautious and give her some room/privacy.

(...) Just happy she is with child.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:12 PM
Majesty

AfricanAUSSIE- I am sorry that happened to your sister. I think many of us, including myself-take it for granted that conceiving and carrying a child and bringing it safely into healthy existence happens effortlessly everyday.

It does...for some. Everyone is not so fortunate.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:22 PM
Gentry

I don't usually pay attention to rumors but I am more inclined to believe the twins story because of the source. Derik Watts is one of the best investigative journalists in South Africa and he is very respected.

I do think Charlene's father is excited and happy but I don't think he should have told about the twins. The couple did not want it to be public knowledge, understandably so.

Really hope it's twins, that would be wonderful
Old 05-31-2014, 10:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

(...) I am glad for Charlene and hope all goes well. Baby/babies are wonderful. I think her father should have kept his mouth shut, if it were him, not his news to tell.

For however light their schedule is in Netherlands, I can tell you, if you feel sick during your pregnancy, then you feel sick... this coming from one who was physically sick up until 6 weeks before the birth of number one.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighnessN View Post
I don't usually pay attention to rumors but I am more inclined to believe the twins story because of the source. Derik Watts is one of the best investigative journalists in South Africa and he is very respected.

I do think Charlene's father is excited and happy but I don't think he should have told about the twins. The couple did not want it to be public knowledge, understandably so.

Really hope it's twins, that would be wonderful
Maybe this will be Derik Watts last private word from Mr. Wittstock. Derik kind of blabbered a secret to the world. Some journalists just want attention. You are right, I doubt that Prince Albert and Princess Charlene would tell the world everything about their pregnancy.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:29 AM
Aristocracy

Derek Watts is a highly respected anchor presenter of in-depth news programme Carte Blanche. I don't think he "blabbered" the news of the twins to seek attention; rather he was possibly not informed that it's confidential.

As for PC's father, he did confirm this to the Benoni Times as well, but I think he is just a proud grandfather who got caught up in all the excitement -- and I certainly don't blame him. And perhaps he, too, was not informed that the 'twins part' is not in the official palace statement.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Courtier

Victoria's Secret, I have to agree with you that Derek Watts is not an attention seeking journalist. He is a very well known journalist who hosted a well known magazine program on TV in South Africa, something similar to 60 Minutes (on Aussie TV).

Also, when Pr Mary's pregnancy with the twins was announced, the first announcement said she was pregnant which was followed later by an announcement saying she was pregnant with twins.

I battled for 13 years to fall pregnant and eventually had fertility treatment. One twin aborted very early in the pregnancy so the first 3 month as most who have been pregnant know, is a very trying time. I can understand why her trip to Netherlands has been cancelled. Anyway, let's hope she has a comfortable and healthy pregnancy.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins