The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I had thought when she was ill at an engagement a week ot two ago that there might be a pregnancy announcement. I am so glad that this is the case. Finally we have a baby for Charlene and Albert

Old 05-31-2014, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think they'd have announced the pregnancy until Charlene had completed her first trimester; isn't that how it is usually done?

So I expect the birth will be in late November.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is a pity that Charlène, between one and two months pregnant, already canceled her trip to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, coming week. It would have been the very first formal outing of the Princess during a royal banquet, not as one of the guest on a wedding, but as one of the two most important persons in the framework of an official visit.

I would have loved it to see how the always so expressive Queen Máxima would greet and embrace Charlène, as the very first foreign royal able to congratulate her. What a pity....
i think it was wise of Charlène to cancel, no one wants a vomiting banquet guest!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Majesty

I seriously doubt that the Palace would confirm the pregnancy of the princess if she was only 4 weeks pregnant, or even 8 weeks.

In fact I am certain they wouldn't have announced it so early.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:19 PM
Courtier

For those of you wishing for twins for the couple, some more good news

https://twitter.com/benonicitytimes/...59165299142656

Of course this adds to the risk of the pregnancy and may contribute to the (disappointing )decision not to go to the Netherlands, but great news nonetheless...
Old 05-31-2014, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Is that a reliable source?
Old 05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
For those of you wishing for twins for the couple, some more good news

https://twitter.com/benonicitytimes/...59165299142656

Of course this adds to the risk of the pregnancy and may contribute to the (disappointing )decision not to go to the Netherlands, but great news nonetheless...
(...)
What makes me dubious about this is that with twins she would be a little bigger than she is now if she is indeed 3 months pregnant.

Thank you, C4A...I bet they are very happy in South Africa today!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow twins.... wonder if this will be confirmed by the princely palace..

(by the way, this will strenghten her position in the palace a lot; with that recent interview with her brother in mind where it stated that there powers working against her in the palace, this is a big point in her favor :) )
Old 05-31-2014, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Oh yes for sure, very happy indeed! (...)

I think the info should be reliable, since it came from P Charlene's dad. And she has a good relationship with Clyde Meela, the journalist from the Benoni City Times. Derek Watts, who repeated the Tweet, is also a very respected journalist and reliable source.
Old 05-31-2014, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Wow...that is incredible news! Maybe Archbishop Tutu can be a godparent...several will be needed!
Old 05-31-2014, 03:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Derek Watts @DerekWatts · 30 mag

My old bulawayo schoolmate mike wittstock has phoned to say his daughter is pregnant with twins. Congrats princess charlene and albert!

Now, it may be just a gossip, but why would this guy invent something? It's a tv presenter but we know that many times the Wittsock gave info away!

Besides the palace haven't said "baby" but pregnancy and event!

If true, I wonder about a IVF pregnancy... Waiting for more reliable sources

Princess Charlene of Monaco pregnant with twins | Benoni City Times
More reports on twins and Mike Wittstock revelation!

Seems quite detailed info IMO

Maybe it's not even true but that article saying specifically when Charlene boke the news to he dad etc made me wonder... I already suspected when the annoucent came without saying baby, or babies... We'll see!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:04 PM
Majesty

I don't blame Charlene's father for being thrilled, but I don't think this info should have come from him.

Twins are a high risk pregnancy even under optimal circumstances. I pray that all goes well for Charlene and her babies if this news is true.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

This would be a great surprise! But I don't know what to think of this "twin news".

Lets wait!

For me social networks like facebook or twitter are indicators for the reliability of news. And neither on twitter nor on facebook a twin pregancy has been appeared.

But nonetheless it would be great.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
For me social networks like facebook or twitter are indicators for the reliability of news. And neither on twitter nor on facebook a twin pregancy has been appeared.

But nonetheless it would be great.
IT comes from this tv presenter in twitter!

https://twitter.com/DerekWatts

Derek Watts @DerekWatts · 30 mag

"@pontian2010: @DerekWatts Congrats to them. Which school in bulawayo? curious" Hamilton high! Mike was a few grades ahead of me.

His page to have an idea: :: Derek Watts ::
Old 05-31-2014, 04:41 PM
Aristocracy

Wow. when I said twinsies I had no idea that was true! Wow, I am an accidental psychic lol

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-31-2014, 04:46 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know who would succeed to the throne if twins were born?
Old 05-31-2014, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
The first boy delivered, if no boys then the first girl delivered..
Old 05-31-2014, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
I think if they are of different sex, the boy will succeed the throne before his sister. And if they are of the same sex, then I think the first born will inherit the throne. But I don t know ...

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 05-31-2014, 04:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Remember the press release
T.S.H the Prince and the Princess of Monaco are delighted to announce the pregnancy of H.S.H. Princess Charlène.
The birth is expected at the end of the year.
Prince's Palace of Monaco

It doesn't say anything about that one child will be born...
Old 05-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
It doesn't say anything about that one child will be born...
It also doesn't say there will be two...

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins