The interview of Princess Charlene in the magasine Gala

Char*lène de Monaco: «*Ce que je veux trans*mettre à nos jumeaux*» - Gala

Old 11-28-2014, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The interview of Princess Charlene in the magasine Gala

Char*lène de Monaco: «*Ce que je veux trans*mettre à nos jumeaux*» - Gala
Can you tell me what it says in English?

Old 11-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Majesty

The title is "What I Want To Pass On To Our Twins" and the princess spends most of the article discussing her work with her charities, particular teaching water safety and swimming to children to reduce the number of accidental drownings worldwide. She says that feeling busy and useful is very important to her sense of well-being.

She says that her own mother Lynette was very present in her life and the lives of her brothers when they were children and that she was a very sporty woman who encouraged Charlene's love of swimming.

Princess Charlene says she received from her mother a sense of duty, friendship, honesty and humility. She would like to impart these values to her twins.

That is a brief synopsis of the article, maybe someone else can translate the entire thing.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Can you tell me what it says in English?
...or you could use Google Translate and find out for yourself.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Agreed, Moonmaiden23, if c-section is considered safest for Mother and Babies, it is the best way to go. In the end it is the health of all parties concerned that is paramount, regardless of what is considered hip or not. Therefore, I continue to pray for the health of P Charlene and a safe delivery of the twins. The couple has waited for some time for this, and now they are doubly blessed. Let's wish them the best...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-29-2014, 06:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Agreed, Moonmaiden23, if c-section is considered safest for Mother and Babies, it is the best way to go. In the end it is the health of all parties concerned that is paramount, regardless of what is considered hip or not. Therefore, I continue to pray for the health of P Charlene and a safe delivery of the twins. The couple has waited for some time for this, and now they are doubly blessed. Let's wish them the best...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I agree. The idea that in the year 2014 a possible caesarian delivery for the high risk delivery of twins for a woman in her late 30's could be considered a self-indulgent subversion of nature is just mind-blowing.

What is most important is the safe delivery of the twins. Whether that will be a natural or surgical delivery is best left in the competent hands of Charlene's doctors.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I agree. The idea that in the year 2014 a possible caesarian delivery for the high risk delivery of twins for a woman in her late 30's could be considered a self-indulgent subversion of nature is just mind-blowing.

What is most important is the safe delivery of the twins. Whether that will be a natural or surgical delivery is best left in the competent hands of Charlene's doctors.
It’s not the C-section that people oppose it’s the elected C-section. Some people believe that a c-section is always safer that a vaginal delivery and that’s simply not the case. A c-section is surgery and should never be underestimated. There are risks involved in surgery. Having twins in ones 30’s isn’t always a medical reason to have a c-section so there is no reason to have one.
Old 11-29-2014, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Maube Charlene has had some problems during the pregnancy, who knows? I believe that if she is going to have a c.section is because she has some issues with the babies and not because she "doesn't want" a cesarean... Other royal women had cesarean for serious reasons/medical problems...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Serene Highness

I couldn't care less how the twins were conceived or how they come into the world and I don't know why anyone else would either. I just hope that mother and children come out safe, sound and healthy at the other end. I am so excited about all this and can't wait for all the events that will follow, especially the baptisms which I hope will be a big state occasion in the cathedral the same as Albert's was.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Nobility

One def is a boy...
Old 11-29-2014, 09:56 AM
Nobility

I had no idea Charlene was pregnant until I saw a pic the other day of her on a balcony. I hope things go well for them.

I suppose Albert is old hat at this now so he can help his wife when the babies come.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:58 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
One def is a boy...
I think the same LadyCatherine But I really hope the second child is a girl
Old 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Posts with pics of the National Day celebrations have been moved to the National Day thread.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elenath View Post
It’s not the C-section that people oppose it’s the elected C-section. Some people believe that a c-section is always safer that a vaginal delivery and that’s simply not the case. A c-section is surgery and should never be underestimated. There are risks involved in surgery. Having twins in ones 30’s isn’t always a medical reason to have a c-section so there is no reason to have one.
I certainly understand that. But depending on how the babies are "presenting" in the mother's womb i.e. meaning that neither is in the head first birth position and it's not possible to turn even one of them, then delivering them by C-section IS safer and more logical than labor.

If even one is in proper birth position they can both be delivered naturally, because the remaining twin can be turned around once the first one is out. But this might not be the case.

It's not nearly as simple as "letting nature take it's course" when a woman is pregnant for the first time with twins. The obstetricians have undoubtedly seen the twins fetal positions in utero at this point and that might be a big factor in whether there is a planned surgical intervention vs. a natural delivery.

angela,

The baptisms of Albert and his sisters were all State occasions with lots of Royal and aristocratic godparents. I agree with you, I would like to see a big, lavish celebration when the twins are baptized.
Old 11-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm kind of glad that I'm so busy this couple of days and more busy yet on the first three weeks of December because of exams, otherwise if I was free, I think I would go crazy checking the news every single day and hour on the forum. This way is better for me to be busy, time goes faster.
Old 11-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find myself now checking this thread regularly. I suppose the anticipation will only increase with each passing day.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont think that the c section is the subject, in France, the doctors initiate the childbirth after 38 week or later 39 week because they say that it is gangerious for the babies and mother. the mother give then birth with natural birth or c section, I don't know if it is different in other countries.

A lot of people are saying that Charlene would be in her 38 week at the end of the next week.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I dont think that the c section is the subject, in France, the doctors initiate the childbirth after 38 week or later 39 week because they say that it is gangerious for the babies and mother. the mother give then birth with natural birth or c section, I don't know if it is different in other countries.

A lot of people are saying that Charlene would be in her 38 week at the end of the next week.
In the U.S. everyone shoots for a vaginal birth unless for some reason there is a danger, and I think it is no different with twins (although the risks are higher and therefore you see more c-sections). With higher multiples, i think a c-section is virtually a given.

I'm just assuming it is a scheduled c-section, but I don't know or care how they come out. If it's a natural birth, it will be hours upon hours upon hours. If it's a c-section, she will go in that morning, and likely we will have news by 10 am their time.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

The people of Monaco are a little nervious now

Naissance princière "imminente" à Monaco: (déjà) une fausse rumeur | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

The title is : impending princely birth , a already false Rumor

Yesterday, a comentator of a french channel announced in live just before the beginning of a rugby match' ' Princess Charlene is about to be delivered in the coming hours', this comentatoe was very serious
The cause, Gareth Wittstock, the brother of Charlene of Monaco could not attend the match where he was waited. He must animated the matches of the children.

As soon, the telephones rang in the palace the news was false.

The article says that the term of the princess is around december 25th but the princess can alsolutely give birth at any moment as it is a pregancy of twins

but not at least yesterday evening when the newspaper was printed

the article says that it is the already false Rumor but it will not the last.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:12 AM
Courtier

If the Palace are saying last week of December, then I think that's the more accurate timeframe.

They could come early, but they could also come later too!

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins