Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What delightful news. Let's all say a prayer for a healthy and safe pregnancy and delivery. Both of Charlene's brothers have recently become fathers. Andrea Casiraghi and Charlotte Casiraghi both became parents last year. Albert and Charlene have been surrounded by new babies in their families recently. No doubt many in Monaco have been on a pregnancy watch since Albert and Charlene married. That kind of pressure must be uncomfortable. I am so happy for them.

Congratulations to Princess Charlene & Prince Albert

Congratulations to Charlene and Albert - wonderful news. Let's hope the media allow Charlene to enjoy her pregnancy without constant sniping articles about her marriage etc

So she's three months along by now, since there are six months left and she's due at the end of the year.

I am equal parts shocked and excited by this news! I had started to think this wasn't on the cards!

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene!

My sentiments exactly! It will be so wonderful to see this woman who so obviously adores children finally become mother to a little one of her own.:)

Congratulations to TSH, and to the citizens of the Principality of Monaco!:monacoflag::monacostandard:

What great news, I had almost given up hope! Can't wait to see the made to order maternity wear, not having to see "making do" with hemlines hiked up in front!
God bless them

Wonderful news from Monaco today!

The official announcement says:

"Le Prince Albert II et la Princesse Charlène de Monaco ont l’immense joie d’annoncer qu’Ils attendent un heureux événement. La naissance est prévue à la fin de l’année"

"Prince Albert II and Princess Charlene of Monaco have the great joy to announce that they expect a blessed event. The birth is expected at the end of the year".

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

Tres magnifique news!!! :rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:

If it's true that Charlene is about three months along it means that she is due to give the Principality an heir around National Day in November.

I can't think of anything more triumphant for this couple. They had their magnificent wedding almost destroyed by lies and unseemly rumors and have faced mostly ridicule about their marriage and their relationship ever since.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest is all I can say.:cool:

Congratulations to Princess Charlene & Prince Albert.

Hope she has an uneventful pregnancy, an easy delivery & a healthy baby or two...

If it's true that Charlene is about three months along it means that she is due to give the Principality an heir around National Day in November.

I can't think of anything more triumphant for this couple. They had their magnificent wedding almost destroyed by lies and unseemly rumors and have faced mostly ridicule about their marriage and their relationship ever since.

He who laughs last, laughs loudest is all I can say.:cool:

While I am rather thinking of December (well, we will know by then :whistling:) I am completely with you on the other remarks. The more I am thinking about it, the more I am happy with the Couple. AND: that the future heir(ess) will remain in the "main line".
BYe Bine

It's about time! I hope Charlene can relax a bit. It must've been difficult for her with most of the family breeding in her face, so to speak.

Here's to a healthy heir! :D

This is wonderful news and I hope the child is healthy. I say this because Albert is 56 and Charlene is 36 and a child born to parents that old can have many problems both physical and mental. According to reports, she is about three months (or more) along and has probably had tests done already so, hopefully, they already know there are no problems.

Also, I hope a child will make Charlene look a bit more happy than she usually looks. She was the saddest bride I have ever seen and I have never really seen her looking happy. I sincerely hope this child brings her happiness.

Quite a few of the current Royal women...CP Mary, Sophie Wessex, Countess Alexandra of Denmark, Queen Mathilde to name only some..have all given birth to healthy children in their mid-to late thirties.

Child-bearing well after age 30 is more common than ever and due to advances in perinatal and natal care it's also safer than ever.

As for Albert 56 is solid middle age, not elderly with one foot in the grave. Other than his weight issues he seems quite active and healthy.

I would have never guess that she was pregnant from the recent pictures. What great news and I must admit that I am happy for her. Wish her a safe and healthy pregnancy.

I would never have guessed either dazzling, and I usually have a sixth sense about these things!

Lovely news to wake up to. Really thought they wouldn't have children seeing as the princedom was secured with Andrea taking over. Happy that is not going to happen. Gosh imagine she gave birth to twins!!!

Will they announce the names and godparents at the same time as the birth is announced or will there be splitted announcements?

Will they announce the names and godparents at the same time as the birth is announced or will there be splitted announcements?

usually the godparents are announced some days before the christening or the day of the christening. names are usually announced when announcing the birth or some days later, like it happened with george, for example.

Finally :w00t::clap:
I'm so delighted for them! Congratulations to the couple!!
I hope that princess Charlène and her baby are healthy.

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene :D
I'm so happy for them and I can't wait for little Crown Prince or Princess ;)

Wow! This is wonderful news! I'm glad I was correct in my predictions for the 'What Will Happen To The Royals In 2014' thread.
Congratulations to Albert and Charlene! :flowers: Now Sasha and Raphael will have a little playmate.

:baby: :monacoflag: :monacostandard:

First time in since Thursday night due to a few things going on, but after a wretched night dealing w/the aftermath of a Gluten encounter during the day and waiting for painkillers to kick in, this certainly has helped me feel a bit better. I actually saw a tweet about it in the Twitter window over at The Royal Order of Splendour site a few minutes ago, but it was in French. I was fairly certain my French learned during my school days had translated it properly (I'm better reading it, than speaking it sadly), but decided to bop over here to be sure I was right and YAY!! :D :D

So very happy for them and I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering and hoping this was the cause of Charlene's having to bow out of some things last week and not something far more serious. Then again considering the start of things w/Kate expecting George, I hope it was just run of then mill "normal" Morning Sickness Charlene went through last week and it begins to ease off now she's past three months. I wish her nothing but a healthy and easy Pregnancy.

Christmas Babies truly are such special gifts and this little one will certainly be that to he/she's Parents, both Families and the entire Principality. God Willing all goes well and we get to add marking the safe Delivery of a healthy wee Prince or Princess of Monaco and a healthy new Royal Mom to our own personal Holiday Celebrations in a few months!!

And Hereditary Princess, I had the same thought. Just as in Great Britain we are getting to see a new group of Royal Cousins grow up, we now have the same happening in Monaco. When you combine those two little Swedish Sweetheart Princess Cousins in the mix...We might have to put the site on a Level Five Cuteness Overload Alert over the next few years. :D ;) :D

Sigh...It sure will be fun to watch all these little ones grow over the next few years, huh!?!

Congratulations to Their Serene Highnesses on the wonderful news and may this little blessing bring them nothing but love and joy over the coming years ahead!!

While I am rather thinking of December (well, we will know by then :whistling:) I am completely with you on the other remarks. The more I am thinking about it, the more I am happy with the Couple. AND: that the future heir(ess) will remain in the "main line".
BYe Bine

I too think the baby will arrive in December...:flowers:

I always thought Charlene and Albert would have children but in their time not in everybody else's time, I am glad they waited, enjoyed their marriage and about to enjoy the coming of a baby, all the best to them with health and happiness:twohearts:

I can't believe I am actually writing on this thread, I had totally given up hope that they would ever have a baby! I am thrilled, this will be the first Prince or Princess to be born in around 50 years (I don't know how old Stephanie is) and that's a long time to wait. Twins of course would be wonderful and the heir and spare would be complete in one go but even one child is fantastic.The lack of the word baby in the announcement though makes me think it might be more than one.

Last edited:
:previous: I too had lost hope. Very happy about the news. May her prince look after her (and baby) and may she have a wonderful pregnancy and birth.:flowers:

...this will be the first Prince or Princess to be born in around 50 years (I don't know how old Stephanie is)....

well, we have Princess Alexandra of Hannover in between, but i get your point :flowers:

So she's three months along by now, since there are six months left and she's due at the end of the year.
There are seven months left in the year. She may or may not be out of the first trimester, depending on how close to the end of the year she is due.

WONDERFUL news;
alot of us were waiting for that to happen.:D
I wishe her safe and joyful pregnancy.

Congratulations to the princely couple. I liked the old-fashioned expression "attendent un heureux événement" (expecting a happy event).

It is a pity that Charlène, between one and two months pregnant, already canceled her trip to King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of the Netherlands, coming week. It would have been the very first formal outing of the Princess during a royal banquet, not as one of the guest on a wedding, but as one of the two most important persons in the framework of an official visit.

I would have loved it to see how the always so expressive Queen Máxima would greet and embrace Charlène, as the very first foreign royal able to congratulate her. What a pity....

Last edited by a moderator:
Such lovely news. I am delighted for Charlene and Albert. I wish Charlene good health throughout her pregnancy and a safe delivery. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom