The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The princely couple willl do a state visit to Netherlands next tuesday. I ask myself now if charlene will be present.
Why wouldn't she? You are allowed to travel in a plane up until the 8th month.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

How exciting! Good for them

Old 05-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

It would have to be a boy for a child to inherit, is that correct?
Old 05-30-2014, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
It would have to be a boy for a child to inherit, is that correct?

No, a boy would inherit first but if it's a girl and she never has a brother, she'll inherit.

Although if they do have a girl, I hope they institute equal primogeniture
Old 05-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm really happy to hear that; thank you.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 PM
Aristocracy

Wonderful news. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
There can be no such thing as "equal primogeniture". Primogeniture is based on inequality - inequality between siblings. Absolute primogeniture removes just one aspect of it. Anyway, I don't think it's likely that they will have more than one child; both are getting past reproductive age and I doubt they had an easy time conceiving this baby.

But that brings a problem. Should they have only one child, she or he will probably be childless upon accession. In such a scenario, there would be no-one in the line of succession to the throne! Albert's sisters and their descendants would drop out of the line upon the accession of Albert's child. This is because only the monarch's descendants, siblings and siblings' descendants can be in the line of succession.

Albert and Charlene's childlessness would not cause a succession crisis (Caroline would inherit, with several children and grandchildren to follow). Their having only one child would.

But here I am, blabling about succession issues that might trouble what is now an embryo!
Old 05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Serene Highness

What sweet news! I went back over the last three months of Charlene's fashion thread, and in some of the pictures you could see a knowing glow, and in others, poor Charlene was verrrrry pale. Hope she'll have a better time of it from here on out.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-30-2014, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just saw the news. I'm so pleased for them both.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Kotroman, even if Albert and Charlene has one child, boy or girl , this child will be the their, after there will be Caroline, Andréa and his son.

They may have other children, Charlene is 36, she may have other children. Alexia of Greece had many children after this age. she was older than Charlene.

Many persons believed Charlene was pregnant in seeing this report in live made by a local reporter at 12 h 06, there is a photo of Charlene very tired putting her hand before her mouth as she had a nausea and under the photo, Princess Charlene isolats in a next room Albert goes to the buffet(cocktail), The reporter said some hours after Charlene had n unwell, I had this report but untill now, I do not try to post this report because I would be removed.

www.lamontagne.fr - A la Une - AURILLAC (15000) - Bain de foule de Charlène Wittsock et d'Albert II de Monaco dans le Cantal

the photo before she has her unwell

http://cdnmo.coveritlive.com/media/i...4RSIimage.jpeg
Old 05-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Majesty

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene expect their 1st child | Blogs •Spletnik.ru

Congratulations to the couple!
Old 05-30-2014, 06:15 PM
Courtier

Spain and Sweden announced it was a girl, before the birth, wonder if Charlene will choose to know beforehand?
Old 05-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
No, a boy would inherit first but if it's a girl and she never has a brother, she'll inherit.

I hope regardless of the child's gender they institute equal primogeniture. Better to do it now, while she's pregnant and before the gender is known.

Quote:
Kotroman, even if Albert and Charlene has one child, boy or girl , this child will be the their, after there will be Caroline, Andréa and his son.

They may have other children, Charlene is 36, she may have other children. Alexia of Greece had many children after this age. she was older than Charlene.

Caroline and her family are only in the succession while Albert is alive.

The succession is such that the descendants of the monarch, the siblings of the monarch, and the descendants of the siblings of the monarch are included in the line of succession.

If Albert and Charlene only have one child then when he/she becomes monarch there won't be anyone in the line of succession unless it's changed again. However, the current succession allows for this to happen and if this child were to die without children or siblings (knock on wood), then a regency would be established until a Crown Council selected a new monarch from the broader descendants of the House of Grimaldi.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Aristocracy

Felicitations! I just heard the news. It seems there has been so much speculation and now it is all settled.

I wonder if Albert's other children will be allowed to have a relationship with their sister or brother or both (if it's twins!).

Sent from Queen Rena's Racket of Humiliation. Bow AND buckle.
"I had this garden party for my father's birthday, I said to RSVP cause it was a sit-down dinner, but people came who did not RSVP and so I was totally buggin'...but, by the end of the day, it was like, the more the merrier...So, if the government could just get in the kitchen, rearrange some things, we could certainly party with the Ha-ti-ans." Cher--Clueless
Old 05-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I never said otherwise. If an only child were to succeed, however, there would be no-one in the line.

Quote:
You'll find that some women had children in their fifties, and some in their sixties through IVF. It doesn't mean that this is recommended or possible for everyone. But Charlene's age aside, Albert's in his late fifties now. Anyway, they may have another child; I just think that's becoming increasingly unlikely.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:38 PM
Serene Highness

So happy for them. I think they both must be so happy as well. Last week I saw pictures of them looking really happy and affectionate towards each other so maybe this news is why.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

What wonderful news to wake up to! :) Congratulations to the princely couple. As always, Albert and Charlene do things their way, and in their own time. Here's to hoping their critics and the media would back off now and let them enjoy every moment of this wonderful experience. I'm over the moon for them. (Relieved also, because I just didn't see the Casiraghi line descending Monaco's throne.)
Old 05-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

A royal baby!!how exciting.!!!!
congratlation to both Prince Albert and Princess Charlene.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to Albert and Charlene. Another wonderful time of their lives is about to be shared.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

This is wonderful news and I hope the child is healthy. I say this because Albert is 56 and Charlene is 36 and a child born to parents that old can have many problems both physical and mental. According to reports, she is about three months (or more) along and has probably had tests done already so, hopefully, they already know there are no problems.

Also, I hope a child will make Charlene look a bit more happy than she usually looks. She was the saddest bride I have ever seen and I have never really seen her looking happy. I sincerely hope this child brings her happiness.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins