The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Criticing Albert because he does not change the law of sucession in speaking of Caroline, I don't understand at least perhaps because these persons are desappointed not to see Caroline keeping the title of hereditary princess after the birth of the twins?

With the arrival of the twins , it was already complicat to design the heir of the twins and added on it a change of the law of sucession would be more complicat .

The law could be changed in the future as in Denmark where thare was a vote in 2009.

There are yet the law of primogeniturein Spain, if Leonor would have a brother, he would take the title of prince of Asturies and became heir of Spain, the law has not changed and we don't know when it was would be change, nobody is criticing King of Spain.

In the Liechenstein, the law has not changedand in Japan the wifes cannot reign nor in jordanie nobody is criticing the emperor or the king of jordanie or prince of Liechenstein

In Great Britain, the law has not yet changed .
At the end, I am perhaps an old fashion person but I always found this law of primogeniture very bad. since the change of the law in Sweden. and in Belgium.

I am waiting with a big pleasure the birth of the babies and these comments will not disturb my pleasure.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

From Hola
Alberto de Mónaco confiesa que 'prefiere no saber el sexo de los bebés' y aclara cómo quedará la línea sucesoria

P. Albert declares he prefers not to know the babies sex and explains how the succession will be

sorry if reposted...

Old 11-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Criticing Albert because he does not change the law of sucession in speaking of Caroline, I don't understand at least perhaps because these persons are desappointed not to see Caroline keeping the title of hereditary princess after the birth of the twins?

With the arrival of the twins , it was already complicat to design the heir of the twins and added on it a change of the law of sucession would be more complicat .

The law could be changed in the future as in Denmark where thare was a vote in 2009.

There are yet the law of primogeniturein Spain, if Leonor would have a brother, he would take the title of prince of Asturies and became heir of Spain, the law has not changed and we don't know when it was would be change, nobody is criticing King of Spain.

In the Liechenstein, the law has not changedand in Japan the wifes cannot reign nor in jordanie nobody is criticing the emperor or the king of jordanie or prince of Liechenstein

At the end, I am perhaps an old fashion person but I always found this law of primogeniture very bad. since the change of the law in Sweden. and in Belgium.

I am waiting with a big pleasure the birth of the babies and these comments will not disturb my pleasure.

There's actually quite a lot of criticism of those unequal primogeniture laws internationally. Japan has probably been the worst, even reportedly pushing the Crown Princess into a decades-long depressive state because she "couldn't produce an heir."

In Spain there hasn't been a fuss because the King and Queen don't seem to plan to have more children.

And Lichtenstein and Jordan are tiny countries (Jordan a conservative Muslim one) that many really know they have a royal family.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I thought that they have changed it in July 2014 although Australia didn't accept it

But I agree with you. We shouldn't criticise Albert for not changing the law. If he really doesn't know the sexes of children, why should he do that? There is also a probability that he will change it after the birth, but maybe he just thinks that a potential man on the throne will be more suitable than a woman
Old 11-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think they already know the babies' gender. At least Albert seemed to make a hint in " Monaco Matin", that one of them is a boy.

But as a Catholic ruler he is not supposed to change the law, as I understand.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenora View Post
I think they already know the babies' gender. At least Albert seemed to make a hint in " Monaco Matin", that one of them is a boy.

But as a Catholic ruler he is not supposed to change the law, as I understand.
I believe too that it is two boys, and they know. Would you happen to have a link of that Monaco Matin? Thanks!
Old 11-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

I already posted the link of Monaco two days ago but I post it again, there are only some parts of the interview of prince Albert, to read it, you must pay

Excuse me a lot I did not post the link

Le prince Albert II "très heureux" de la naissance imminente des bébés | Monaco | Monaco-Matin
Old 11-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

I posted the article on prince Albert thread

now, I post it on the right thread

the resume of the interview of Prince Albert about the twins, but the article did not writte about the shots of canon it will be an another number of shots of canon because they will be twins.

Prince Albert won't know babies' gender until the big day - The Riviera Times Online

It is not new.

To morrow in Monaco Matin, the article will reveal what will be done at the birth of the twins

the presentation of the babies, the shots of canon , gifts of the birth

Ce samedi dans Monaco-Matin: ce que prévoit Monaco pour la naissance des jumeaux | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

It is what the palace said to Monao Matin,

the fest of the presentation, the shots of the canon, the gifts of birth and other detalis. it will be to morrow in Monaco Matin.

This is what the article said.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if the palace will release something... Albert has already talked about that...
Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Here is the announce by the princely cabinet about the events will follow the births of the twins

https://twitter.com/search?q=monaco&src=typd

I hope this link will work

https://twitter.com/search?q=Monaco&src=typd

I hope this time, the link will work

https://twitter.com/RTLPlaceRoyale

Now, it is inon Monaco channel in french and in english

Naissances Princières : Les dispositions prévues par le Palais Princier / News & Photos / Palais Princier de Monaco / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 11-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I hope this time, the link will work

https://twitter.com/RTLPlaceRoyale
It says 21 canonshots for each child; does this mean it will be girls, or did they change the difference in nr's per gender to 21 regardless of gender?
Old 11-22-2014, 06:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

It says that what is the gender of the child, it will be 21 shots for each child. there will be no difference.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

That's a well-done organization! And I am glad they aren't going to make any difference between the babies...

I didn't understand one thing: Will the day off be the day of the birth or the day of the presentation of the twins?
Old 11-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Courtier

Thanks, melina, for posting this info. I think the announcement on Monacochannel is very clear that 21 canon shots will be fired for each baby regardless of the gender and the public holiday will be on the day of their presentation. But when will the public get to know the gender of the babies? When P Albert puts up the notice at the Palace?

Very exciting times ahead. Even more so for the prospective parents. I Think P Charlene said a very true thing when she said they were super excited, but were also very much aware of the huge responsibility they now have.

I think the birth may well be in the first 10 days of next month.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 11-22-2014, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I expect the babies will be two boys or a boy and a girl.

All the excitement will come after their birth, when there will be discussed names, godparents, all details regarding christening ceremony etc.
Old 11-22-2014, 08:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

The day off will be the day of the presentation of the babies, I think that the medias will announce the gender of the babies before the shots of canon and the notice will be put on the wall of the palace the day of the birth of the babies.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Nobility

When for the last time in the world did reigning monarch produced the heir? Whether heir apparent or presumptive... just baby which is 1st in line immediately after the birth... Or to put it another way was there any such situation since Princess Victoria was born in Sweden? I am wondering how special situation in history we are actually witnessing...
Old 11-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, the last heir in Monaco (Prince Albert) was born 56 years ago... So this births will be very special
Old 11-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Well, the last heir in Monaco (Prince Albert) was born 56 years ago... So this births will be very special
I know and for sure - for Monaco it will be huge.... but I am asking when this happened for the last time generally in the world of monarchies?
Old 11-22-2014, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I guess the most "direct" was Princess Estelle's birth

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins