The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

First of all, football isn't an all-boys sport. Second of all, IIRC football wasn't mentioned specifically. Charlène is a former swimmer herself and I would be astonished if she and Albert didn't encourage their children, regardless of gender, to play sports and be active.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

mmm I now that many here are hoping for one each but I think it will be 2 boys... I would be very surprised and happy if I was mistaken... I still think not

Old 11-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I always thought that the prince would change the law of primogeniture that he waited for a pregnancy of Charlene to do it I thinks that he did not do it because Charlene is expecting twins and it is easer with the actual law to know who will reign. The first born of the twins will reign if there are 2 boys and the boy will reign if it is a boy and a girl.

Albert said he did not know the gender but I think he knows and the twins will not be 2 girls because Prince would have change the law for the first elder girl.

There is no more monarchy with a law of primogeniture in Europe apart Monaco and perhaps the Lichtenstein principauty.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

I too think it's two boys, and would be surprised to see a girl. I read some article (who knows if true...) that Albert does not know the gender but was nevertheless collecting balls for the kids. Hmmmm...

I'll bet we don't have much longer to wait. I put her at about 34 weeks, and it is twins. We might be seeing them sooner rather than later.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Albert said he did not know the gender but I think he knows and the twins will not be 2 girls because Prince would have change the law for the first elder girl.
If it's twin girls, the elder will automatically succeed her father unless they have a younger brother. So there really wouldn't be any need to change the primogeniture right away if it's two girls.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's so exciting :) i just hope everyone is healthy and happy and hope that dad has collected all the balls he can (whether football, basketball, bowling ball or rhythmic gymnastics ball )
Old 11-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Do we know what date in December the twins are due?
Old 11-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

(...) I'm excited and happy for them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-03-2014, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Do we know if she attended the opening of the Learn to Swim centre in Monaco today which was sponsored by her foundation?
Old 11-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

No, She did not attend the opening of the aquatique center , there was no ceremony but the children of the school began the lessons this morning. Usually, the inauguration is taking place when all is already beginning. perhaps next week

As the birth is due in december perhaps in the first two weeks in december, I think that Charlene could not attend the fest national ceremony
Old 11-03-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she could at least make the effort of appearing at the balcony for few minutes
Old 11-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

The appearing of the balcony does not last only few minutes, it lasts one hour, there iare the the revue of carabinieris, of the firemen, the is a concert of the carabinieris band , there are spectacles and so.
A pregnant woman of twins must be carefull because she has to take a lot of rest to avoid a too early birth with very small babies . It dépends of the advice of her doctors

Crowprincess Mary of Denmark took a rest from november 23 to january and she did not attend the cérémonies of new year in 2011 , she was expecting Vincent and Josephine

And Charlotte Casiraghi was pregnant last year and she was not present at the national fest cérémonies. Raphael is born on december 17th 2014
Old 11-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes but Charlotte is not the princess consort... She isn't even obliged to attend if she wants... We'll see I hope Charlene will attend
Old 11-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

All the princesses who were expecting twins as Claire of Belgium and Mary of Denmark were not present during the two months before the birth of their children. Expecting twins is very difficult as I said you on the previous post. They may give birth too early . Princess Claire gave birth too early and her babies went in a neo natale section.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Majesty

I agree with you, melina-premiere. I would not be surprised if Princess Charlene is not on the balcony in a couple of weeks. She must be very uncomfortable at this stage in her pregnancy.
Heir Apparent

I still hope she will make it! As I said at least on the balcony
Heir Apparent

Quote:
All the princesses who were expecting twins as Claire of Belgium and Mary of Denmark were not present during the two months before the birth of their children. Expecting twins is very difficult as I said you on the previous post. They may give birth too early . Princess Claire gave birth too early and her babies went in a neo natale section.
I can't remember having any pictures of Princess Claire being pregnant with the twins seen.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree. It's more than reasonable if she opts out of the balcony appearance and she has every right to do that, Princess Consort or not.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
As the birth is due in december perhaps in the first two weeks in december, I think that Charlene could not attend the fest national ceremony
I thought the birth was announced to be late in December. Like the last week in December? Early in December seems to be a change.

Anyway, can't wait. I hope Charlene is as comfortable as she can be right now.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:43 AM
Serene Highness

I thought it was planned for the week after Christmas (29/30 or 31 December)

About the gender of the children: I think it is all speculation. Even the parents don't know the gender.
The only ones who will know (the medical staff) will remain silent!!

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins