The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

But if Albert and Charlene has another child after the twins, if it it is a boy, he will be the heir before her older sister.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't understand the fuss either. It's very simple:
Two boys = the eldest boy precedes his younger brother and becomes Albert's heir apparent.
Two girls = the eldest girl precedes her younger sister. She will, however, only be Albert's heir presumptive – meaning that if the twins have a younger brother, he will precede his older sister.
A boy and a girl = as it is now, the boy precedes the girl regardless of birth order.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think the will have other children...
Old 10-20-2014, 10:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Why not? Charlene is only 36, will turn 37 a month after birth...She can get pregnant again a year or two later...Everything can happen.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry I can only say that I think that with heir and spare she won't have other children... (..)
Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't think they'll have more children either. I mean, with twins they get an heir and a spare at once. They don't even need more children. But obviously, I could be wrong.

Old 10-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Who knows after this birth, Charlene may have an another Child.

Very often a second birth comes more easely than the first and ther are a lot of princesses who were pregnant after 37,

Princess Alexia , daughter of the former king of Greece had difficulty to be pregnant for her first child but she had no difficulties to have the other three children after the first child. She had all her children between 36 and 41 .

Only the future will say us but we cannot say that it is not possible
Old 10-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
But if Albert and Charlene has another child after the twins, if it it is a boy, he will be the heir before her older sister.
I thought Rainier changed that before he died...where a elder girl will inherit over a younger brother.

LaRae
Old 10-20-2014, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, it did not change, it is always the boy who is the heir before his sister even she is born before him.

What changed in the law of sucession that if Albert had not children, her sisters and their children could inherit before this law, only the chidren of the direct heir could inherit not the siblings.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Ah...ok.

LaRae
Old 10-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I believe it was Charlene's father that let the cat out of the bag on the twins!
Now you come to mention it, I think you are correct. Gareth Wittstock is the only member of Charlene's family that I know the name of, which explains why he came to mind.

Regarding twins and the succession, as others have said, in most cases, it's the first born that gets to reign. It must feel strange being the second born twin though, given the number of similarities they will have with their twin brother or sister, and knowing that you will always be the "spare" and not the "heir".

Regarding the future children of Albert and Charlene, I also think they won't have any more children after the twins. Even though it is possible to have children when one is a little older as others have pointed out, I just have that feeling.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 10-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

With Charlene's apparent delicacy and age, I tend to agree that this might be it for them.

As far as the "spare" goes, perhaps the second child will cultivate the blessings of birth, without the hassles of having to be a ruler. I hope that is how it works out.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Nobility

Hope it's two girls and they don't have more children so we'll have a reigning princess! (I know it's selfish, but... )

It's two boys!
Old 11-03-2014, 07:43 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
It's two boys!
Is it official?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Rumor says that it may be 2 boys but it is not official.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue Butler View Post
Is it official?
No, it's not official but I'm inclined to think it's true for several reasons... I think that if the story of a twins birth was rumoured for quite a while and was true this must be true as well...
Old 11-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

We will know it very soon because it is said that the birth would be due on the first two weeks in december , in one month.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
We will know it very soon because it is said that the birth would be due on the first two weeks in december , in one month.

I think that the fact that Albert said the hopes they will be playing soccers is a futherh hint they're having 2 boys...
Old 11-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

Albert did not specify the soccer , he answered the team sports, but as he answered, I think it may be 2 boys or a boy and a girl
Old 11-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think that the fact that Albert said the hopes they will be playing soccers is a futherh hint they're having 2 boys...
Soccer is becoming a mix sport in France and Italy. French feminine soccer teams are in fact quite good.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins