The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Here it is an article of Gala saying that the Grace Awards was the last official engagement for Charlene and then they give other details about the birth: according to Gala the birth is planned in the third week of December
Fürstin Charlčne: Glamouröses Adieu | GALA.DE
Twins almost always come early - so either she is technically due the third week of December or they expect her to deliver around then.

If she is due the third week of December, we might see the twins in late November.

We have a family member currently expecting twins - the doctor told they normally deliver at about 36 weeks.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

As far as I am concerned, I can't wait !

Old 10-17-2014, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Twins almost always come early - so either she is technically due the third week of December or they expect her to deliver around then.

If she is due the third week of December, we might see the twins in late November.

We have a family member currently expecting twins - the doctor told they normally deliver at about 36 weeks.
I know the standard line is delivering about a month early with twins, but more and more I am seeing women who are much closer to their due dates with babies that are 5 and a 1/2 pounds each! I have a friend like that who delivered two years ago. Also, I would bet cp mary was maybe two weeks early with the size of those babies. I would bet charlene is due at least a couple of weeks past the third week of December. Maybe even a month .We have to wait and seeZurich
Old 10-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
I know the standard line is delivering about a month early with twins, but more and more I am seeing women who are much closer to their due dates with babies that are 5 and a 1/2 pounds each! I have a friend like that who delivered two years ago. Also, I would bet cp mary was maybe two weeks early with the size of those babies. I would bet charlene is due at least a couple of weeks past the third week of December. Maybe even a month .We have to wait and seeZurich
You're right, I think Mary did go very close to her due date.

We'll see!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

In any pregnancy, whether it's one or twins, you have a chance on delivering anytime. With twins it's slightly more common but not necessarily. Some women with twins go right up to their due date with no complications. Moreover, let's not forget that even with carrying 1 baby, many women go into labour 1-3 weeks before their due date.

It's a bit puzzling how the pregnancy is being handled. Personally I think the palace should've come out with the twins announcement the sometime Hellomagazine.com did and give more details etc instead of making another announcement in the coming days.

I hope we will see her again at another event or two before the twins are born.
Old 10-18-2014, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I have the feeling that Charlene will have a c-section... It's very common in southern Europe when it's about a twin pregnancy... I guess the twins are due later (maybe some time in January) but that the birth has benn planned for the very beginning (of course I am speculating but I think Charlene has had a tough pregnnacy with problems) thus they decided December from the first... Said this I really hope the palace will relaase some details on the procedures for the announcement (cannons, communiquč etc). After all it has been more that 50 years sinc the last heir to the throne has been born and at the moment no one has indea of how this is going to be organized... With the media and the passing of years a lot has changed...
Old 10-18-2014, 10:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Charlene has been sick, but that's not a problem - if she had any problems, they would never have traveled to New York.

I am wondering if they will be delivered in Monaco - my understanding is that there is one hospital, Princess Grace Hospital, and I read in a book on Princess Grace that when she was brought in after her car accident that it was not quite up to the task of treating her complicated situation (no idea if that's true). Of course, over 30 years have passed.

Twins have a much greater chance of needing a highly specialized NICU.

Is there a constitutional requirement that the heir be born in Monaco? Even if the plans are she deliver there, she could be airlifted out. I am thinking that a hospital in Paris is a definite stand-by.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Paris Match said there will be soon an announcement which will say whose twin will be the heir after the law of sucession. i don't think it will say how the birth of the twins will be announced. I think it will be announced only the day of the birth.

When Princess Grace died, the hospital of Monaco did not have a scanner like other french hospitals , it was just the beginning of the scanners at that times in 1982.
Now,Princess Grace hospital is very well equipped with high performance appliances. for cardiology ,maternity. and for other illness It is a very good hospital now. and Charlene can give birth to her twins with a lot of security here in Monaco.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

She is having two boys as it was reported since the very beginning.... I'm almost sure... BTW i think she will have all the care she can have... Monaco is one of the richest and modern country so I don't see the problem...
Old 10-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
She is having two boys as it was reported since the very beginning.... I'm almost sure... BTW i think she will have all the care she can have... Monaco is one of the richest and modern country so I don't see the problem...

I agree, an heir and a spare in one go. I'd be very surprised if it wasn't two boys.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 10-18-2014, 12:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Awww, I've been rooting for a boy and girl.

When were two boys mentioned? Did the grandfather spill those beans, too?
Old 10-18-2014, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Awww, I've been rooting for a boy and girl.

When were two boys mentioned? Did the grandfather spill those beans, too?
Ha! no been spilled Mine is just s supposition I may be wrong... The boys story came almost at the same time of the twins'one... At first I didn't believe but I'm feeling it's boys... And if that artcile about how Albert found out about the pregnancy is right the hint is that the palace has been furnished with boy's playthings such as basket balls and soccer ones..

Of course I may be totally wrong I would be the first one to admit it in December
Old 10-19-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

They could always fly a doctor in and a special team if the hospital i snot fully equipped but I doubt it, I think it's up to the standards it should be at.

Moreover with twins c-section, a patient cannot choose which baby comes out first, doctors pull the baby that is lower the uterus. Once the baby is out it is easier to get baby 2 out. If she chooses a natural birth (very common with twins as well) then logically nobody chooses who comes out first.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
They could always fly a doctor in and a special team if the hospital i snot fully equipped but I doubt it, I think it's up to the standards it should be at.

Moreover with twins c-section, a patient cannot choose which baby comes out first, doctors pull the baby that is lower the uterus. Once the baby is out it is easier to get baby 2 out. If she chooses a natural birth (very common with twins as well) then logically nobody chooses who comes out first.
(apart from the fact that I'm sure there could be rumours that baby 1 was actually born second, but the doctors and palace have agreed to keep it quiet because there are rumours about everything)
it doesn't really matter: no laws have been changed, so the first boy that is born will be the heir, if there are no boys the first girl will be the heir, and at this stage there is no point "choosing" one boy over the other (or one girl over the other) because you can't tell yet if the other would have been more suitable at this age...
Old 10-19-2014, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

I really wonder what will be this announcement... I suppose they won't tell the sex of the babies....
Old 10-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

I heard on Radio info this morningconstution is ready that finally it will be twon sons but there will be one heir, the monegash constitution is ready for this case

Lune de miel catastrophique pour George Clooney | France info

It is after the news about georges clooney

I don't know it it is true or untrue.

excuse me, my computer is a little fool now.

I heard on the channel of the radio france Info that finally in Monaco there will be 2 sons, but there will be one heir, the monegash constitution is ready for this case

and the reporter said it will be the first born who will be the heir.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Heir Apparent

It's strange that only one boy will reign and the other will always have comparisons... He is even a twins! that's remind me of the movie: "The iron mask" in a funny way..

I rooted for at least one daughter but it will be interesting to see 2 brothers...
Old 10-19-2014, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

It would be fun if the twins were identical.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Serene Highness

Most twins have a very close bond. If it is 2 boys I think they will rule Monaco as a team even if one is technically in charge. I still hope for one of each but I have 2 sons myself and they are the best of friends. Also little boys are great company and tend to adore their Mum so I'm sure that Charlene (and Albert) will get a lot of joy from them.
Old 10-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I heard on Radio info this morningconstution is ready that finally it will be twon sons but there will be one heir, the monegash constitution is ready for this case

Lune de miel catastrophique pour George Clooney | France info

It is after the news about georges clooney

I don't know it it is true or untrue.
I think it might be true, as with the announcement that Charlene was having twins, there was much speculation after a relative of Charlene (apologies, I can't remember his name - was it perhaps Gareth Wittstock?) posted about how she and Albert were going to have twins on Twitter. The Palace then, eventually, announced it. Having said that, this is the first I've heard an article write about twin boys, though I do think that it is the most common guess on the forums as to what gender Albert and Charlene's twins will be.

If the rumours are true, then I personally had hoped for a boy and a girl.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins