The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

once again the law is clear: the first baby who is born will be the heir! No less no more

Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I'm glad that the Palace confirmed this,its great news as we'll have 2 new members of the Princely Family later this year.
Yes, the Palace got there in the end. ! It will be a noisy but very happy Christmas in Monaco this year, please God. !!

Old 10-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I was just having a laugh at the changed title of this thread: Charlene and Albert expect twins. When looking at Alberts belly/Charlenes belly in some pictures one could think that Albert & Charlene are expecting one baby each.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
once again the law is clear: the first baby who is born will be the heir! No less no more
Did Monaco get rid of male primogeniture ? Because if they didn't, if the twins are a boy and girl and the girl is out first the boy is still the heir.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Skippy that was what I was fixing to ask...I thought the oldest male inherits (like Albert ..Caroline is older but he is the heir).

LaRae
Old 10-09-2014, 10:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Now, I can say congratulations to Albert & Charlene!!!

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
She's not very big for someone having twins....LaRae
I thought that too until I saw a picture of Charlene from a couple of years back showing a tiny waist for her size of frame. It made me realize that how we see her now is deceptive. It has been a gradual increase in the size of her waist that we don't notice.
I've also shared before that the least pregnant appearing full term woman I have ever seen was a dedicated swimmer. And she carried herself like a queen. Swimming builds core muscles, I think.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Did Monaco get rid of male primogeniture ? Because if they didn't, if the twins are a boy and girl and the girl is out first the boy is still the heir.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Nope...primogeniture is still the law of the land in Monaco.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I was just having a laugh at the changed title of this thread: Charlene and Albert expect twins. When looking at Alberts belly/Charlenes belly in some pictures one could think that Albert & Charlene are expecting one baby each.
HA! Love it DOM! You hit the nail on the head with that statement. He does look a little bloated lately.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

The announce that Charlene is expecting twins is on the official page of FB
Old 10-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Courtier

I'm really happy at the Palace's confirmation that the couple is expecting twins. Believed it was true from the start - didn't think that a prospective and very excited grandfather would get it wrong!

I can see a VERY happy family gathering around the Christmas table this year with six new additions to the family all under the age of 2years!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 10-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Finally we have a confirmation. This is amazing news!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Can someone please make clear for me the law of inheritance and if albert and charlene would not have children the throne goes to prs carolina? And this law about that monaco goes to france if there are no heirs of male sex still exists?I am grateful in advance.

http://vsemogutkoroli.blogspot.com/
Old 10-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofcelts View Post
Can someone please make clear for me the law of inheritance and if albert and charlene would not have children the throne goes to prs carolina? And this law about that monaco goes to france if there are no heirs of male sex still exists?I am grateful in advance.

I think it would go to Caroline's oldest son. He would be the next male in line after Albert if Albert had no sons that could inherit.

LaRae
Old 10-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

The older child of Albert and Charlene will be the heridetary prince or princess the seconf in line will be the other twin after come Caroline and her children.then Stephanie and her children.

If Albert and Charlene has only girls, they can inherit in Monaco, the girls can be princesses sovereign.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmm I thought it had to be a male to inherit in Monaco.

LaRae

Did Prince Rainier change something about the line of succession?

LaRae
Old 10-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

The girls can always inherit but it is always the primogeniture of boy law. Even if a boy is born after her sister, he will be the prince herediterary.

Before 2002 only the son or the girl of the prince sovereign could inherit, if the prince had not a direct son or a direct girl to inherit , Monaco began Franch.

Prince rainier Change the lan in 2002, The sisters or brothers of the sovereign can inherit if the prince sovereign has no direct children to inherit. Only the legitimat child whose parents are married can be in the line of sucession.

article on monaco matin, the people of Monaco react , they are happy

https://translate.google.fr/translat...attend-des-jum
Old 10-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
I'm really happy at the Palace's confirmation that the couple is expecting twins. Believed it was true from the start - didn't think that a prospective and very excited grandfather would get it wrong!

I can see a VERY happy family gathering around the Christmas table this year with six new additions to the family all under the age of 2years!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
A very happy and loud gathering... lol
Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Monaco has male-preference cognatic primogeniture, meaning that if Albert had died without heirs, the throne would have gone to Caroline (presuming she was still alive at the time of Albert's death) – hence her current title of Hereditary Princess. However, had Albert and Caroline had a younger brother – let's say Stephanie was a man – he would have preceded Caroline and been his brother's heir.

IIRC, the changed made in 2002 only concerned the direct descendants of the monarch thing. Princess Antoinette was in line of succession to the throne as well, so I women have been able to inherit – albeit being preceded by their brothers – for quite some time.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Monaco will no longer go to France if there is no heir. It will become a democracy.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins