Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had no idea Charlene was pregnant until I saw a pic the other day of her on a balcony. I hope things go well for them.

I suppose Albert is old hat at this now so he can help his wife when the babies come.

It’s not the C-section that people oppose it’s the elected C-section. Some people believe that a c-section is always safer that a vaginal delivery and that’s simply not the case. A c-section is surgery and should never be underestimated. There are risks involved in surgery. Having twins in ones 30’s isn’t always a medical reason to have a c-section so there is no reason to have one.

I certainly understand that. But depending on how the babies are "presenting" in the mother's womb i.e. meaning that neither is in the head first birth position and it's not possible to turn even one of them, then delivering them by C-section IS safer and more logical than labor.

If even one is in proper birth position they can both be delivered naturally, because the remaining twin can be turned around once the first one is out. But this might not be the case.

It's not nearly as simple as "letting nature take it's course" when a woman is pregnant for the first time with twins. The obstetricians have undoubtedly seen the twins fetal positions in utero at this point and that might be a big factor in whether there is a planned surgical intervention vs. a natural delivery.

angela,

The baptisms of Albert and his sisters were all State occasions with lots of Royal and aristocratic godparents. I agree with you, I would like to see a big, lavish celebration when the twins are baptized.

Last edited:
I'm kind of glad that I'm so busy this couple of days and more busy yet on the first three weeks of December because of exams, otherwise if I was free, I think I would go crazy checking the news every single day and hour on the forum. This way is better for me to be busy, time goes faster.

I find myself now checking this thread regularly. I suppose the anticipation will only increase with each passing day. :news:

I dont think that the c section is the subject, in France, the doctors initiate the childbirth after 38 week or later 39 week because they say that it is gangerious for the babies and mother. the mother give then birth with natural birth or c section, I don't know if it is different in other countries.

A lot of people are saying that Charlene would be in her 38 week at the end of the next week.

I dont think that the c section is the subject, in France, the doctors initiate the childbirth after 38 week or later 39 week because they say that it is gangerious for the babies and mother. the mother give then birth with natural birth or c section, I don't know if it is different in other countries.

A lot of people are saying that Charlene would be in her 38 week at the end of the next week.

In the U.S. everyone shoots for a vaginal birth unless for some reason there is a danger, and I think it is no different with twins (although the risks are higher and therefore you see more c-sections). With higher multiples, i think a c-section is virtually a given.

I'm just assuming it is a scheduled c-section, but I don't know or care how they come out. If it's a natural birth, it will be hours upon hours upon hours. If it's a c-section, she will go in that morning, and likely we will have news by 10 am their time.

The people of Monaco are a little nervious now

Naissance princière "imminente" à Monaco: (déjà) une fausse rumeur | Monaco | Monaco-Matin

The title is : impending princely birth , a already false Rumor

Yesterday, a comentator of a french channel announced in live just before the beginning of a rugby match' ' Princess Charlene is about to be delivered in the coming hours', this comentatoe was very serious
The cause, Gareth Wittstock, the brother of Charlene of Monaco could not attend the match where he was waited. He must animated the matches of the children.

As soon, the telephones rang in the palace the news was false.

The article says that the term of the princess is around december 25th but the princess can alsolutely give birth at any moment as it is a pregancy of twins

but not at least yesterday evening when the newspaper was printed

the article says that it is the already false Rumor but it will not the last.

If the Palace are saying last week of December, then I think that's the more accurate timeframe.

They could come early, but they could also come later too!

The palace never said it was last week of december, it said at the end of the year but prince Albert of Monaco said in Monaco matin and in point de Vue said the birth will be around Christmas but as it was a pregnancy of twins, it will be surely 10 days before.

I still think the babies will be born after the 8th December... I think the 10th, 12 or 15 December are the possible dates... IMO nothing will be by chance... The babies are gong to arrive on a working day (On a Monday most likely)... I also think she will delivered in late morning with the cannons shootings at around midday... Just my guessings

Also, I think that since the announcement of the arragements was relased on the 22 November I guess the due date is a month later and thus 22 December..

Prince Albert said that the due date was around Christmas but as it was a pregnancy of twins, the births of the twins will be 10 days before . the births of twins arrive earlier than a birth of one child . the newspaper was right when it said that princess Charlene could give birth at any moment.The twins don't know the protocole, they may arrive on a sunday or in an evening.

But even if it is, the twins might decide to come earlier...

We'll know what happens when it happens ;)

Yes but what I meant is that I think that everything is already organized...

Yes but what I meant is that I think that everything is already organized...

I understand what you meant, do you understand what I meant? :flowers:
If they babies want to come out today, there might not be a way to push them back until the planned date has arrived...

I understand what you meant, do you understand what I meant? :flowers:
If they babies want to come out today, there might not be a way to push them back until the planned date has arrived...

Yep:flowers: But even if the birth will happen during the night I doubt the cannon will shoot at 3 or 5 am :lol: They'll wait until an approariate hour. That's said I wonder if the news of the birth aren't going to be spread around the net vefore the official confirmation will be given...

I think that the news of the births will be known before the shots of the canons, we are no more in the XIX century even if the twins will be born early in the morning, the shots of canon are a custom nothing other.
With the twins, after the 39 weeks all the births of twins are scheduled but the twins might decide to come earlier , they may decide to come this evening,and the doctors could do nothing apart to help to the births. Happilly and the shots of canons will wait the to morrow.

I certainly understand that. But depending on how the babies are "presenting" in the mother's womb i.e. meaning that neither is in the head first birth position and it's not possible to turn even one of them, then delivering them by C-section IS safer and more logical than labor.

If even one is in proper birth position they can both be delivered naturally, because the remaining twin can be turned around once the first one is out. But this might not be the case.

It's not nearly as simple as "letting nature take it's course" when a woman is pregnant for the first time with twins. The obstetricians have undoubtedly seen the twins fetal positions in utero at this point and that might be a big factor in whether there is a planned surgical intervention vs. a natural delivery.

As for myself, I never stated that "letting nature take its course" was the only thing to do. I only said induced births and C-sections should be only performed if the baby's or the mother's health is threatened. I am not princess Charlene's doctor so I don't know anything about her pregnancy and I can't say if a C-section will be necessary. If it is required, of course, it should be performed.

If the Palace are saying last week of December, then I think that's the more accurate timeframe.

They could come early, but they could also come later too!

I have a close friend who delivered twins(a boy and a girl) on Christmas morning last year. She was around 38-39 weeks and for some reason her doctors did not want to wait longer. So they gave her a C-section. She's 34 yrs old and that was her first pregnancy.

Last edited:
It is what happen very often for a birth of twins, the twins arrive natureley or with a C section around 38 or 39 weeks . It is why Prince Albert said in the two last interviews (Monaco Matin and Point De Vue) that the due birth is around Chrismtas but as it is a pregnancy of twins, the births will be around 10 days before.

:previous: Perhaps not "will", but rather "could" I think. Since he said they wanted a natural birth I think it will happen when it happens, could be early even go late. I think medical intervention will only occur if either mother or babies are in distress.

Because Albert and Charlene are royalty and this birth is a really big deal, I am guessing the doctors are on 24 hour call. I am also guessing the doctors won't be scheduling the birth around morning time, golf time or even Christmas time. As for waiting for the canons? The news would be out as soon as there was any activity anywhere near them.

Prince Albert said that the due date was around Christmas but as it was a pregnancy of twins, the births of the twins will be 10 days before . the births of twins arrive earlier than a birth of one child . the newspaper was right when it said that princess Charlene could give birth at any moment.The twins don't know the protocole, they may arrive on a sunday or in an evening.

Albert sounded so specific about the day of birth that it sounds like a c-section. Otherwise, he would have left it vague as he originally did when asked. Of course it's possible that the twins will come on their own time schedule.

My friend who had twins said the doctors told her beforehand that if she did not go into labor by a certain date after week 37, they would take the babies surgically because they were growing too large. She did not go into labor, so on Christmas Day-officially week 38-she was delivered by C-section and each twin was just about 6 lbs, which is big for twins.

Maybe it's the same for Princess Charlene. The doctors are waiting for labor and have a target date to perform a caesarian if it doesn't happen by a certain date

hibou- I agree with you. The fact that Albert sounded so precise about what day the twins will be born is what led me to make my original prediction that a C-section was planned. I wasn't saying that's what should happen, or what I hoped would happen as some subsequent comments seemed to imply.

Last edited:
My friend who had twins said the doctors told her beforehand that if she did not go into labor by a certain date after week 37, they would take the babies surgically because they were growing too large. She did not go into labor, so on Christmas Day-officially week 38-she was delivered by C-section and each twin was just about 6 lbs, which is big for twins.
six pounds each!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm checking the threads at least three times a day now, it seems! :bounce:

six pounds each!!

The girl was about 6 lbs, the boy was just under 6. They are gorgeous children but poor Erin said she felt like she had been flattened by a truck after it was over. I shudder to think what would have happened if she had been pregnant a week or two longer:ohmy:!

Charlene doesn't look that big at all. I don't think her twins will be even close to that size.

I'm so happy that the babies will be here soon. :flowers: It feels like the longest pregnancy ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom