The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Twins are also quite common in the House of Orleans-Braganza:

Princess Maria Thereza, Mrs de Jong, and Princess Maria Gabriela of Orleans-Braganza, née Princesses of Brazil, born in 1959.

Princesses Maria Thereza and Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, born in 1984.

Mrs. Maria Antonia Nunes and Mrs. Maria Francisca Ratto, née de Orleans e Bragança.

Mr. Eudes and Mss. Valentina de Orleans e Bragança, born in 2011.

The twin sons of the late Countess of Paris (née Princess Isabel of Orleans-Braganza).

And the sons of the Duchess of Sergobe (née Princess Maria da Glória of Orleans-Braganza) with the Crown Prince of Serbia.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Has Charlene or Albert actually confirmed they are having twins? I have seen lots of speculation and hearsay...but no statement by either of them yet....

LaRae

Old 10-08-2014, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i don't recall any monarchs or heirs having twins in recent times.
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark had twins in 2011.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i wonder if the palace will emit a press release soon. the twins certainly raise some questions on how things will be handled from a succession perspective[...]
What is to be explained? The Constitution of the principality of Monaco says it crystal clear: according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté (in order of birth with priority for males in the same degree of parenthood).

Old 10-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
What is to be explained? The Constitution of the principality of Monaco says it crystal clear: according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté (in order of birth with priority for males in the same degree of parenthood).

I read somewhere few month ago that in french succession - not first born, but second born is first in line, cause he was "created" (can´t find better word now) first. So the question is if monaco succession is similar or not? Or to put it in another way - who is actually older? The first born or the second born?
Old 10-08-2014, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
I read somewhere few month ago that in french succession - not first born, but second born is first in line, cause he was "created" (can´t find better word now) first. So the question is if monaco succession is similar or not? Or to put it in another way - who is actually older? The first born or the second born?
Surely the term "first-born" actually means the first one to be *born* (i.o.w. to come out of the mother into the world..
I don't think with twins you can actually speak of one being created before the other and i don't think "the one closest to the exit " is the newer one and the one further away from the exit is older?

Imo there's no mysterie: the first twin to come out of the world is the oldest; you start counting your age from the minute you were born, not when your egg was hit with a sperm
Old 10-08-2014, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
That's right, I forgot about the Prussian Princes. But I was not questioning who'll be the heir, but if it ever happened that a Monarch had a twin.
Also in the Princely Family of Hohenzollern. Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm of Hohenzollern had twin sons Friedrich who succeeded his father as ghead of the Princely House and Prince Franz Joseph.
An unique case of twins happened in the House of Württemberg. Duke Philipp of Württemberg and his wife Maria Theresia, née Archuchess of Austria had twins. Duke Albrecht, who succeeded King Wilhelm II. as the Head of the Royal House and Duchess Marie Amalie. But they did not share a birthday as Albrecht was born on 23.12.1865 and his sister on 24.12.1865.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Maria Pia of Yougoslavia has 2 times twins, first times 2 boys and second times a boy and a girl, her cousin Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg has also twins with Prince Jean and Princess Margaretha. the son of Josephine Charlotte the prince Guillaume of Luxembourg has twins Prince Leopold and princess Charlotte, Prince Laurent had also twins 2 boys. All these persons belong to the royal family of Belgium. The wife of the prince Philip count de Flandres had 2 twins 2 girls. This family has a lot of twins.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
No, also in France it was by order of birth (princes only).

Old 10-09-2014, 04:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

There is a big title on the twins of Albert and Charlène on the front line of Monaco Matin and there is a big article. There are many photos of people of Monaco who are happy to know they will have not only one heir but two

Toute l'actualité avec Monaco-Matin | Monaco-Matin

The page of Monaco matin is in the right corner of the page, see under

The doctores of the maternity of the Princess Grace hospital are saying that for them, the first who comes is the older because the embryos move during all the pregnancy but it will be the palace who will take the decision.

It is official the palais confirms the twins

Le palais confirme. C'est officiel, Charlène de Monaco attend des jumeaux - Paris Match
Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

It's official! Charlene is expecting twins! YEAHHHH
http://www.lexpress.fr/actualites/1/...x_1609653.html

Princess Charlene of Monaco expecting twins: palace - World | The Star Online

The palace DID confirm that Charlene is pregnant with twins!!!!

I can't find the original press release but it's official! The just waited the safe 7 month!
Old 10-09-2014, 05:50 AM
Administrator

The official announcement of the Princely Palace released today, October 9:

Quote:
Le prince et la princesse de Monaco sont heureux de confirmer l'attente de jumeaux dans leur foyer pour la fin de l'année.

"The Prince and Princess of Monaco are happy to confirm the expectation of twins at their home by the end of the year"
Old 10-09-2014, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I wish them all the best.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am happy for them but it is not a surprise, there was always the rumor of twins and Point De vue was very sure about the twins.

The palace confirms the news about twins in Monaco Matin

Jumeaux princiers : le Palais princier de Monaco confirme la nouvelle | Monaco | Monaco-Matin
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparent

She's not very big for someone having twins....

LaRae
Old 10-09-2014, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

So happy it is confirmed at last !!!! Wonderfull !
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I'm glad that the Palace confirmed this,its great news as we'll have 2 new members of the Princely Family later this year.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Nobility

Wow! So wonderful news for princely family
I guess this twins are going to two boys
- prince Jacques (heir) and prince Antoine

Anyway congratulations to Albert and Charlène
Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 AM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the couple...
Old 10-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Assuming the twins are the same sex, and are delivered by C section, isn't the larger of the two considered the elder?

(That is the case with the Cholmondelay twins).

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins