The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe the absurdity of Albert waiting until they are 6... No sense to me...

I think they might get it right with the gender... that's all

Old 08-23-2014, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I don't believe the absurdity of Albert waiting until they are 6... No sense to me...

I think they might get it right with the gender... that's all
Of course not. The monegasque Constitution is exactly clear and leaves nothing to imagination. The eldest child will become the Heir, with a Prince having priority over a Princess. Period.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Of course not. The monegasque Constitution is exactly clear and leaves nothing to imagination. The eldest child will become the Heir, with a Prince having priority over a Princess. Period.

And I don't believe there will be some changes to modyfiy the male primogeniture as well
Old 08-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
God doesn't exist. Monaco should change the law in favor of any first born, no matter what gender.
Of course God exists. But The Lord it's not the subject of this discussion.

Monegasque law will be obeyed and the firstborn - be it a boy - will be heir.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
And I don't believe there will be some changes to modyfiy the male primogeniture as well
Not even if they only have a daughter(s)? They will have to change then or the throne goes to Andrea.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Not even if they only have a daughter(s)? They will have to change then or the throne goes to Andrea.

No they won't. They have male preference primogeniture, not Salic law. If women couldn't inherit the throne then Andrea wouldn't be in the succession at all, as he descends through a female line.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

A girl can be the heir in Monaco. If Albert and Charlene have a girl in december the throne will go to this girl and if they have other girls after this girl, she will stay the heir, but if this girl has a brother after, the throne will go this boy.

It is same in Spain if Letizia would have a boy after Leonor and Sophia, he would be the heir of Spain
Old 08-23-2014, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Nope. If they have a daughter and remains only child she will b the heir... Only if she has a twin or younger brother he will ascend....
Old 08-23-2014, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
From a previous post by Duc-et-pair:
"the direct and legitimate descendants in order of male-preferred primogeniture within the same degree of parenthood"

It's the last part of this sentence which makes any child of P.Albert (born within wedlock) take precedence over the Casiraghi line, whether boy or girl.
The boy over girl precedence is only within the same degree of parenthood so:
P.Rainier over his sister P.Antoinette
P.Albert over P.Caroline
Pierre Casiraghi over Charlotte Casiraghi
and similar if P.Albert has more than one child (within wedlock)
Old 10-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Heir Apparent

have you read this?

Charlene de Mónaco espera gemelos

Charlène de Monaco : "Je me sens merveilleusement bien" - telestar.fr

it seems that Charlene's entourage confirmed it's twins... and that the birth is expected in early december... But nothig has been released from the palace... Does anyone know what point de vue wrote?
Old 10-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

PDV wrotte ' Princess charlene who is expecting, may be of twins after her entourage, attends a lot of events.
Nothing more.

The palace did never confirm or deny that charlene is expecting twins.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
PDV wrotte ' Princess charlene who is expecting, may be of twins after her entourage, attends a lot of events.
Nothing more.

The palace did never confirm or deny that charlene is expecting twins.
thanks Melina... So there was no interview?
Old 10-01-2014, 01:50 PM
Majesty

wow, that's a great piece of news! this was reported some months ago effectively, turns out it's true! i wonder if they will assign the crown to the first born or, as reported, they will decide who will be the heir when they reach an older age.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-02-2014, 03:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
have you read this?

Charlene de Mónaco espera gemelos

Charlène de Monaco : "Je me sens merveilleusement bien" - telestar.fr

it seems that Charlene's entourage confirmed it's twins... and that the birth is expected in early december... But nothig has been released from the palace... Does anyone know what point de vue wrote?
The question is: "Point de vue" is repeating old rumours about twins or they recently had a confirmation that she's expecting twins? The word "entourage" or "source" is usually used when journalists are inventing some facts just to fulfill their texts....
Old 10-02-2014, 04:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Point De Vue said for the first times that Charlene may be expecting twins in the article about the Red Cross gala in August. The reporter said in his article that a member of the entourage of Princess Charlene said that the father of the princess Charlene confirmed yet the eve of the gala that Charlene was expecting twins.

In the last article, the article said that Charlene may be expecting twins after the entourage of PC.

It may be rumors but Point De Vue was the first media to announce the possible pregnancy of Charlotte Casiraghi. All the gotha in Europe is reading Point De Vue and this magasine knows a lot of personalities in Monaco.

Personnaly, I doubt about a pregnancy of twins because the palace would have announced it . I don't understand why the palace does not confirm or deny a pregnancy of twins.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
wow, that's a great piece of news! this was reported some months ago effectively, turns out it's true! i wonder if they will assign the crown to the first born or, as reported, they will decide who will be the heir when they reach an older age.
If she gives birth to twin boys the law of succession madates the eldest, there is no choice involved. If she gives birth to twins, one boy and one girl, male primogeniture would mean the boy is the heir regardless of which order they were born.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Point De Vue said for the first times that Charlene may be expecting twins in the article about the Red Cross gala in August. The reporter said in his article that a member of the entourage of Princess Charlene said that the father of the princess Charlene confirmed yet the eve of the gala that Charlene was expecting twins.

In the last article, the article said that Charlene may be expecting twins after the entourage of PC.

It may be rumors but Point De Vue was the first media to announce the possible pregnancy of Charlotte Casiraghi. All the gotha in Europe is reading Point De Vue and this magasine knows a lot of personalities in Monaco.

Personnaly, I doubt about a pregnancy of twins because the palace would have announced it . I don't understand why the palace does not confirm or deny a pregnancy of twins.
I highly appreciate the articles from PdV which I'm always reading with great pleasure. However they are not always accurate- for instance about 2 years ago they wrote that princess Tatiana of Greece is expecting a baby. And there was no child....
Old 10-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
[....] I don't understand why the palace does not confirm or deny a pregnancy of twins.
In general Royal Houses inform us that someone is in happy (or blessed) circumstances but that is it. It is seldom or never said it will be a boy, a girl or twins. All we do is wait and see. For myself I think Charlène will give birth to a daughter. Just my feeling.

Quote:
A Prince goes before a Princess au même degré de parenté (within the same degree of parenthood). When Charlène gives birth to a daughter and there will no son anymore, that daughter will be the future Princesse de Monaco. Anderea and Pierre only come back in the picture when Albert has no legitimate heirs.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know... I think I'll be surprised if she has twins at this point - but not very surprised.

She certainly has the tailors who can make maternity clothing appear less revealing. Unlike some women who wear form fitting clothing, it's not possible for me to get a good look at the size of the bump.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't want to disappoint anyone but I read the article on hello.... It repeats the same things..(rumours of twins, charlene's discipline etc)...

You can read the scans on Cotilleando... (sorry to mention another forum but I can't post the pics since they are there)

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins