The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 09:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Am i missing something? In this interview the 'twin-question' wasn't even asked...

They only talked about at which sportsevents he will be in the near future, and that P.Charlene would be with friends, so that it wasn't a problem (him being away so much).
Imo P.Albert is not one for staying at home long periods of time, obviously his job requirs him to attend many events, but imo he doesn't really mind it..

Old 08-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

In one of the articles they wrote "he avoided the twin question"; that in itself is fueling a rumour that as of yet is still a rumour, in other words: gossip.

They could just have easily said "he avoided the question if it's going to be triplets" and even though we would say now "were did the triplets idea come from", that still would simmer on in the (social) mefia and in a couple of days people'd say "i heard somewhere that they might have triplets"

Old 08-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

There hasn't been an announcement on when she is due, has it?
Do you think there will be an announcement about that?
Is it likely that, if it's indeed going to be twins, we know that before the birth?
Old 08-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
In one of the articles they wrote "he avoided the twin question"; that in itself is fueling a rumour that as of yet is still a rumour, in other words: gossip.

They could just have easily said "he avoided the question if it's going to be triplets" and even though we would say now "were did the triplets idea come from", that still would simmer on in the (social) mefia and in a couple of days people'd say "i heard somewhere that they might have triplets"
Just my opinion, but there is not a royal family in the world that would think at least a bit about replying to a twin/triplet/quad, etc. question. For many, many reasons. That is, unless they chose on their own to reveal it at some point in the pregnancy. Because Mary and Frederick did so is not a reason everyone would want to or should be expected to.
There's a lot going on with this Monaco pregnancy (first child for her but not him, time it too to conceive, directness in line to rule the principality, etc, etc) and I think the parents should always get to decide what they reveal and when about all the details of the pregnancy.
As I read Albert and Charlene, both seem like fairly private people. So I am not surprised were are not being dosed with frequent baby updates.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post

It was announced that she was due at the end of the year.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaNL View Post
Is it likely that, if it's indeed going to be twins, we know that before the birth?
Just 'December'. Even if 12/31, that would make her at least 5 months pregnant. At 5-6 months and barely showing....I would bet a singleton. But we shall see!
Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Serene Highness

According to Bunte the last week of December between 28th and 31st

I bet one girl on December 30th
Old 08-17-2014, 05:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt any magazine knows the exact date

My previous post was cancelled so it was probably with much speculation but I think Albert deosn't want to say much because he would be criticise on a way or the other day... The press has been negative towards them since their engagment....
Old 08-17-2014, 06:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

The tabloids likes to do bad rumors on Charlene and Albert. Since the announce of the pregnancy, there is a break .

I think that Charlene is expecting a child because the palace would have confirmed a pregnancy of twins. The palace prefers not to communicat more on the pregnancy of Charlene.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

"El Mundo" is claiming that Charlene is expecting twins boys... And thar Albert is going to wait until they turn 6 to announce who the heir will be...

Dos gemelos varones para un s?lo trono en M?naco | loc | EL MUNDO
Old 08-23-2014, 11:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
"El Mundo" is claiming that Charlene is expecting twins boys... And thar Albert is going to wait until they turn 6 to announce who the heir will be...

Dos gemelos varones para un s?lo trono en M?naco | loc | EL MUNDO
Well, that's a twist. Yet, it makes a certain kind of sense. Wonder if it's true.

P.S. Thought occurred to me: would that have held with two girls? Or with a boy and a girl? Or is the newspaper just making a suggestion?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

The eldest born male is the Heir, in order of seniority. Then the eldest born female in order of seniority.

Twin boy 1 is born
Twin boy 2 is born
This is the line of succession

Twin boy is born
Twin girl is born
This is the line of succession, the girl can be bypassed by a younger brother

Twin girl is born
Twin boy is born
The eldest child, the girl, is bypassed by her younger brother (and eventually by more younger brothers)
Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
"El Mundo" is claiming that Charlene is expecting twins boys... And thar Albert is going to wait until they turn 6 to announce who the heir will be..
Can't read spanish, but i sure hope that that isn't true...
The first born is the heir, even if a brother is born only 10seconds later; imagine what the message to the older boy would be if P.Albert would "choose" the younger son as his heir..
We could schedule him for "an all new Dr.Phil show 'my dad thought i wasn't good enough'"
Old 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
Majesty

I don't believe the El Mundo report. Whichever newborn is pulled out by the doctor or midwife first is considered the first born, or the heir. (Unless it's a girl and a boy. In Monaco the male would take precedence regardless)

If both infants are healthy, the one who is delivered first is the Marquis des Baux. I don't know the Hereditary title if it's a girl.

Why would Albert wait till they were six, anyway?
Old 08-23-2014, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

The eldest male is the heir. Albert is in line ahead of Caroline and Pierre is ahead of Charlotte; even though both women are older.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Can't read spanish, but i sure hope that that isn't true...
The first born is the heir, even if a brother is born only 10seconds later; imagine what the message to the older boy would be if P.Albert would "choose" the younger son as his heir..
We could schedule him for "an all new Dr.Phil show 'my dad thought i wasn't good enough'"
I doubt it's true. There is an aspect of birth order and gender determining heir the that many people feel is ordained by God. I doubt the Prince would go against the will of God.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Royal Highness

God doesn't exist. Monaco should change the law in favor of any first born, no matter what gender.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent

It is shameful that El Mundo places such a trash story and of course everybody believes it. They simply could have checked the Constitution. Wikipedia, the official site of the monegasque government, Google, all will do.

It is about "[....] le descendance directe et légitime par ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté" which translates as: "the direct and legitimate descendants in order of male-preferred primogeniture within the same degree of parenthood". Ready. The eldest male -or by lack of males- the eldest female will be the successor to Prince Albert.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, i guess El Mundo has "off-season" too
It's about time the summer holidays are over and there's some real news to report on
Old 08-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Whichever newborn is pulled out by the doctor or midwife first is considered the first born, or the heir.
That would be the point, I'm thinking. If it's not a natural birth (by birth canal) the 'oldest' is arbitrary and sometimes counter to what would have been the case had the children descended the birth canal. Generally the first child being taken out is the child closest to the doctor regardless of the position in the uterus and becomes the 'oldest'. I think they are bringing up a very interesting point.

In fact, I am acquainted with exactly such a twin situation: the 'oldest' is the one who was pulled out first (because closest to the doctor) though his brother was positioned to be born first by birth canal. In all respects in this twin situation, the 'younger' brother presents as in fact the 'older'.

Waiting until 6 would be an interesting protocol to follow - long enough to keep things equal - not unduly protracted so that too much awareness is afoot in the children.

Anyway, it's an issue that will only be an issue if it is indeed twins, and they are both boys, and she does not deliver by birth canal. IMHO.

Closed Thread

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins