The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Everyone's saying it; except the Palace?

Some have said they hope its a girl. But I am sure the people of Monaco, and Albert are hoping for a Prince! I bet Charlene is too. No, I can't prove it, but all the same! I remember Princess Anne's late mother-in-law saying, its always nice when the first baby is a boy! Then a girl afterwards. And Anne's children were nowhere near the throne succession wise. Somehow I don't see this couple having a large family. Queen Elizabeth's family of four, rarely happen with Royal Families these days. Maybe its not fashionable anymore.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting for the succession, especially if they are boy and girl! If it is true of course.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

People. Charlène ne sera pas à Dinard - Finistère - Le Télégramme
She was to attend this event the 22. (Meeting with children who take part in a prevention course against the acquatic danger) but she has cancelled due to her pregnancy... I wonder if she is fine because she should start feeling better if she is entering the fourth month... What will she do in the next months ? :-(
Old 06-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
More like: everyone keeps repeating the one person who said it
Old 06-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wouldn't say families of four rarely happen, if you look into it, families of four are quite frequent.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Serene Highness

Before they were married, PA said they would probably have 2 children. Twins would be very efficient for PC.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Natalie Coughlin ‏@NatalieCoughlin 33 min (Relatively) successful start to the #MareNostrum meet. Finished up racing in Monaco, followed by dinner with Prince Albert. What an honor!

Still no Charlene at Mare Nostrum :-(
Old 06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Charlene is in the third month and she is not yet at the end of trimester, and the fact Charlene is missing at Mare Nostrum and at the swimming day at Dinard make me think that Charlene could expect twins,
A pregnancy of twins needs a lot of rest, the women who are pregnant of twins are a lot tired. and they must be carefull.

The palace will surely confirm or deny when charlene will be at the end of trimester and will give the month of the birth.

There were a lot of events this week where the presence of Charlene was announced before the announce about her pregnancy.
Tuesday june 10 at the gala of Rotary club
friday, she must give prize to young children who won the prize of 'snappers pour tous' that her foundation supported
And during this week, Albert and Charlene use to receive all the actors and actresses of the TV festival.
We will see if Charlene will attend to these events.
I recall that Kate was attending only one event during the december before the end of trimester.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlène de Monaco, le stress complique sa grossesse selon Bunte

Hope it's only gossip! It basically say she needs to rest because her pregnancy is at risk due to stress... :(
Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Aristocracy

Can someone explain what happens with succession-order if the king/prince acquires twins..? Is there any precedent? Is there any rule..?
Old 06-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Courtier

Here's hoping has a safe & happy pregnancy. :)
Old 06-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Commoner

Congrats to the happy couple!

Hopefully she will come through this swimmingly. Get it? LOL:
Old 06-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All children are delicate reminders that its up to us to ensure they have a world to look forward to in the future. I'm sure Albert and Charlene wish the best for their children as we do with ours.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding over population of the planet have been deleted as off topic.

Any and all additional off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
More like: everyone keeps repeating the one person who said it
Very true and, if it is untrue it will be an incedible stressor for both Albert and Charlene because if they deny it nobody is likely to believe them and retract all the silly articles they have published. I think at present they have just decided to deny it oxygen and see if that works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
The palace will surely confirm or deny when charlene will be at the end of trimester and will give the month of the birth.
Why on earth would the palace confirm or deny the end of her third trimester? For all we know Charlene, like many other women, may be unfortunate enough to be ill throughout her pregnancy. But the bottom line is that it is none of our business.

Perhaps they just want to be left in peace to enjoy the whole experience and see no reason to share anything (especially with her Dad who seems to suffer from terminal run at the mouth).

But at present saying nothing seems to be their usual response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Charlène de Monaco, le stress complique sa grossesse selon Bunte

Hope it's only gossip! It basically say she needs to rest because her pregnancy is at risk due to stress... :(
Well, I for one cannot understand her being stressed by anything at all. I mean, what's a hundred cameras flashing at her stomach and howling for confirmation of a multiple birth . . . piece of cake. Not!
Old 06-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Usually, the palace of Monaco like palaces of other royalties announces a future birth at the end of the trimester when there are less risks than during the first trimester. Charlene being tired and being not able to do her duties as to be present with Albert in Netherlands, the palace announced the future pregnancy some weeks before the term of the third months. It is why the date of the birth is not clear, end of november, beginning of december, end of december?. Now there is the rumor of the twins even in serious news not only in the tabloids. Monaco Matin published the day after the announce of the pregnancy this rumor. it is not usually that Monaco Matin repeats rumors about the princely family, this local newspaper is respectfull for The princely family.

This baby is not a baby like other babies, he is very important for the people of Monaco, he is the direct heir of the prince sovereign , Prince Albert understood that because he gave a short interview to Monaco Channel giving news about the health of Charlene

The palace will surely give the date of the birth at the end of juni and will deny or confirm if Charlene is attending one baby or two.

Buckimgham did a second announcement in january 2013, giving the date of the birth that Kate was expecting and denying that Kate was expecting twins because there was also a rumorof twins.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post
Can someone explain what happens with succession-order if the king/prince acquires twins..? Is there any precedent? Is there any rule..?
No precendence as far as I know but since there is the male primogeniture law if twins are born these are the possibilities:
Boy and Girl: the boy is the heir
2 girls: the first to be born
2 boys: the same (who come first to the world)

Hope it's clear

I think we won't have any other info... The case of Kate was totally different. She had morning sickness and so they had to announce it earlier... When she passed the 3 month they confirm the pregnancy and told the baby was due in July...

It was clear that she was having only one baby from the beginning since they said: "She is expecting a baby".

With Charlene is all very general because the palace of Monaco is different... They are even more reserved IMO.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Very true and, if it is untrue it will be an incedible stressor for both Albert and Charlene because if they deny it nobody is likely to believe them and retract all the silly articles they have published. I think at present they have just decided to deny it oxygen and see if that works.
When I first read this - I thought - "Deny the baby oxygen? Oh my goodness." Then I realized you meant they were denying the story oxygen. I crack myself up!
Old 06-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
People. Charlène ne sera pas à Dinard - Finistère - Le Télégramme
She was to attend this event the 22. (Meeting with children who take part in a prevention course against the acquatic danger) but she has cancelled due to her pregnancy... I wonder if she is fine because she should start feeling better if she is entering the fourth month... What will she do in the next months ? :-(
Some women don't feel better until much later (like me), or never stop feeling sick, lucky gals... I think if there were risks involved rather than morning sickness, they would not have made an announcement yet, and there would be nothing on the calendar to cancel.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
When I first read this - I thought - "Deny the baby oxygen? Oh my goodness." Then I realized you meant they were denying the story oxygen. I crack myself up!
Ouch! I do hope it wasn't too painful!

Tags
pregnancy, prince albert ii, prince albert monaco, princess charlene, twins