Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the baby will be premature?

Today the french medias writte about a anxious father to be ,

Albert de Monaco « très excité » mais « anxieux » à propos de la grossesse de Charlène - Voici

They writte that he did not deny the birth of a possible pregnacy of twins.

As it is not a direct interview only what the prince said to the press, we don't know what he said really. A birth ? A child?

And as the doctores always say to pregnant women to be carefully, the prince repeat what was said to them and by this announcement, he explained why Charlene will be always present t different events in Monaco .

I always doubted about a pregnancy of twins and I think that what Albert said to the medias is a sort of announcement who says when the birth is expecting in december and that the palace will cancel some events publics of the princess because she must be carefull..

In RTL . De , there is an article and a video where Albert is saying that they are very thrilled and that they cannot wait till december

here is the video. and the article

Albert von Monaco spricht über die Schwangerschaft von Fürstin Charlène - RTL.de

Last edited by a moderator:
I figure they announced after twelve weeks, I doubt they would have announced much earlier. About two weeks later she was out and about, end of first trimester, pretty typical. So mid December, but the baby will decide. She is so tall and fit, I doubt we will see much of a bulge.

But a radioreporter said clearly that the baby is expected after Christmas and before New Year

May be the announcement was made earlier than the first trimester, due to the rumours that were already circulating and that she clearly did not feel well

Yes, that's what I think too... anyway the date is likely early/mid december... Don't think later

Whatever is the due date, the baby will decide, not doctors. If it is December, it could be at the beginning, middle or even the last week. If the baby is ready he/she could be born at the end of November or begining of January as we don't know the exact due date in December. It's not for us to decide, the baby will be born when he/she feels like it. (George was born late than usual and Leonor was born early than expected).

All the the medias go on to writte about twins even after the interview of Prince Albert where he did not confirm or deny a possible pregnancy of twins.

All the the medias go on to writte about twins even after the interview of Prince Albert where he did not confirm or deny a possible pregnancy of twins.

Has that article been translated anywhere or simply paraphrased? The fact that they have not come out and denied twins has me thinking....

Twins are often earlier, much earlier, than singles (Vincent and Josephine notwithstanding - they are an exception to the rule). But I've given up figuring out when it/they will arrive - November, December... just wake me when it/they are here. :unsure:

Maybe the press wanted to stand on the twin-option.
Twins are more interesting to report about

Prince Albert does not have to deny fairy tales or other false messages.
He would have a full time job to do so.

NOS (radio and television) reported yesterday that the couple expects a baby (no twins) for the end of December 2014

Last edited:
If it would have been twins, the princely house would have confirmed already as did the Royal Houses of Belgium (with Princess Claire) and Denmark.

I think the story of the twins is a media hype.
As I said, the princely family will not react or comment (on) any hype. The same as did the Royal Family of Britain about the rumours around the Duchess' pregnancy in 2012.

Last edited:
(...)

Have to admit, I'm disappointed if it's not twins. :sad:

That crossed my mind, too. Happens more frequently than realized. Could have also been a false reading (also happens a lot - especially if there was an expectation) that Charlene excitedly reported to her father. So many possibilities.

Have to admit, I'm disappointed if it's not twins. :sad:

Good grief, give the princess a break! As a first time mother, who would want twins!:bang:

Good grief, give the princess a break! As a first time mother, who would want twins!:bang:

For her not the same as for "us", I think. As the wife of a wealthy man she will have plenty of help - not a problem - and so much fun having a two-fer. :flowers: JMO.

She would still have two to feed just like the rest of world with twins. Twice the drain.

A good friend of mine tried for years to have a child without success. Finally last year at age 34 she conceived and when the doctor told her it was twins she almost collapsed. She cried for days because she was overwhelmed-and horrified-at the idea of twins with the limited finances of herself and her husband.

The twins-a boy and a girl-were born last Christmas Day. And I have never in my life seen anyone so transported with love and joy. As of today, she has refused to return to work because she wants to devote herself 100% to her babies and not miss a minute of their development, despite the strain of making ends meet on only her husband's salary.

I agree with Lady Nimue. Charlene and Albert-if the rumors are true-will have none of the initial worries and stress my friend did. They will have all the help they need. Twins or not it's a win-win for them.;)

I have a question: does anybody know how the birthh will be announced? Since it has passed 56 years from the last birth of an heir(Albert) I wonder how the things will go... for example: will they stick up to the tradition and put the communiquè outisde the palace? What about the cannons? How many shots? Thanks.

Thank you but I wonder how will we know about the birth and if something has changed...:flowers:

I have a question. What if Prince Albert, god forbids, died before the birth? Would his son-to-be inherit the throne at his birth or would Caroline inherit the throne?

Yes, TheRoyalCourtier, he or she would be the Prince/ss Sovereign of Monaco from birth. There is, in fact, precedent of such an occurance; king Alfonso XIII of Spain. He was the posthumous son of Alfonso XII and Maria Christina of Austria, who acted as regent till her son was 16 years old. The throne was vacant until the birth.

Altough in this case, I'm not so sure whether it would be Charlene or Caroline, who would would be regent. As Caroline is the Hereditary Princess until the birth of her niece/nephew...

Someone on another forum said that Charlene's Aunt in S. Africa has told a magazine there that it IS twins. Does anyone know anything else about this story?

Someone on another forum said that Charlene's Aunt in S. Africa has told a magazine there that it IS twins. Does anyone know anything else about this story?

I think I read that too in the same forum... There is no source or link but we cannot know more anyway... My personal opinion it's that I'm getting more and more convinced about the twins story but no facts so far

I think I read that too in the same forum... There is no source or link but we cannot know more anyway... My personal opinion it's that I'm getting more and more convinced about the twins story but no facts so far

The good News is, that we will know sooner or later :D...... latest on the day of the birth
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom