Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Twins are also quite common in the House of Orleans-Braganza:

Princess Maria Thereza, Mrs de Jong, and Princess Maria Gabriela of Orleans-Braganza, née Princesses of Brazil, born in 1959.

Princesses Maria Thereza and Maria Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza, born in 1984.

Mrs. Maria Antonia Nunes and Mrs. Maria Francisca Ratto, née de Orleans e Bragança.

Mr. Eudes and Mss. Valentina de Orleans e Bragança, born in 2011.

The twin sons of the late Countess of Paris (née Princess Isabel of Orleans-Braganza).

And the sons of the Duchess of Sergobe (née Princess Maria da Glória of Orleans-Braganza) with the Crown Prince of Serbia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Charlene or Albert actually confirmed they are having twins? I have seen lots of speculation and hearsay...but no statement by either of them yet....

LaRae

i wonder if the palace will emit a press release soon. the twins certainly raise some questions on how things will be handled from a succession perspective[...]

What is to be explained? The Constitution of the principality of Monaco says it crystal clear: according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté (in order of birth with priority for males in the same degree of parenthood).

:flowers:

What is to be explained? The Constitution of the principality of Monaco says it crystal clear: according l'ordre de primogéniture avec priorité masculine au même degré de parenté (in order of birth with priority for males in the same degree of parenthood).

I read somewhere few month ago that in french succession - not first born, but second born is first in line, cause he was "created" (can´t find better word now) first. So the question is if monaco succession is similar or not? Or to put it in another way - who is actually older? The first born or the second born?

I read somewhere few month ago that in french succession - not first born, but second born is first in line, cause he was "created" (can´t find better word now) first. So the question is if monaco succession is similar or not? Or to put it in another way - who is actually older? The first born or the second born?

Surely the term "first-born" actually means the first one to be *born* (i.o.w. to come out of the mother into the world..
I don't think with twins you can actually speak of one being created before the other and i don't think "the one closest to the exit ;)" is the newer one and the one further away from the exit is older?

Imo there's no mysterie: the first twin to come out of the world is the oldest; you start counting your age from the minute you were born, not when your egg was hit with a sperm ;)

That's right, I forgot about the Prussian Princes. But I was not questioning who'll be the heir, but if it ever happened that a Monarch had a twin.

Also in the Princely Family of Hohenzollern. Fürst Friedrich Wilhelm of Hohenzollern had twin sons Friedrich who succeeded his father as ghead of the Princely House and Prince Franz Joseph.
An unique case of twins happened in the House of Württemberg. Duke Philipp of Württemberg and his wife Maria Theresia, née Archuchess of Austria had twins. Duke Albrecht, who succeeded King Wilhelm II. as the Head of the Royal House and Duchess Marie Amalie. But they did not share a birthday as Albrecht was born on 23.12.1865 and his sister on 24.12.1865.

Maria Pia of Yougoslavia has 2 times twins, first times 2 boys and second times a boy and a girl, her cousin Grand duchess Josephine Charlotte of Luxembourg has also twins with Prince Jean and Princess Margaretha. the son of Josephine Charlotte the prince Guillaume of Luxembourg has twins Prince Leopold and princess Charlotte, Prince Laurent had also twins 2 boys. All these persons belong to the royal family of Belgium. The wife of the prince Philip count de Flandres had 2 twins 2 girls. This family has a lot of twins.

No, also in France it was by order of birth (princes only).

There is a big title on the twins of Albert and Charlène on the front line of Monaco Matin and there is a big article. There are many photos of people of Monaco who are happy to know they will have not only one heir but two

Toute l'actualité avec Monaco-Matin | Monaco-Matin

The page of Monaco matin is in the right corner of the page, see under

The doctores of the maternity of the Princess Grace hospital are saying that for them, the first who comes is the older because the embryos move during all the pregnancy but it will be the palace who will take the decision.

It is official the palais confirms the twins

Le palais confirme. C'est officiel, Charlène de Monaco attend des jumeaux - Paris Match

The official announcement of the Princely Palace released today, October 9:

Le prince et la princesse de Monaco sont heureux de confirmer l'attente de jumeaux dans leur foyer pour la fin de l'année.

"The Prince and Princess of Monaco are happy to confirm the expectation of twins at their home by the end of the year"

She's not very big for someone having twins....

LaRae

So happy it is confirmed at last !!!! Wonderfull !

I'm glad that the Palace confirmed this,its great news as we'll have 2 new members of the Princely Family later this year.

Wow! So wonderful news for princely family :w00t:
I guess this twins are going to two boys
- prince Jacques (heir) and prince Antoine :baby::baby:

Anyway congratulations to Albert and Charlène

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple... :whistling:

Assuming the twins are the same sex, and are delivered by C section, isn't the larger of the two considered the elder?

(That is the case with the Cholmondelay twins).

once again the law is clear: the first baby who is born will be the heir! No less no more

I'm glad that the Palace confirmed this,its great news as we'll have 2 new members of the Princely Family later this year.

Yes, the Palace got there in the end. ! ;) It will be a noisy but very happy Christmas in Monaco this year, please God. !! :flowers:

I was just having a laugh at the changed title of this thread: Charlene and Albert expect twins. When looking at Alberts belly/Charlenes belly in some pictures one could think that Albert & Charlene are expecting one baby each.

once again the law is clear: the first baby who is born will be the heir! No less no more

Did Monaco get rid of male primogeniture ? Because if they didn't, if the twins are a boy and girl and the girl is out first the boy is still the heir.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Skippy that was what I was fixing to ask...I thought the oldest male inherits (like Albert ..Caroline is older but he is the heir).

LaRae

Now, I can say congratulations to Albert & Charlene!!!

She's not very big for someone having twins....LaRae

I thought that too until I saw a picture of Charlene from a couple of years back showing a tiny waist for her size of frame. It made me realize that how we see her now is deceptive. It has been a gradual increase in the size of her waist that we don't notice.
I've also shared before that the least pregnant appearing full term woman I have ever seen was a dedicated swimmer. And she carried herself like a queen. Swimming builds core muscles, I think.

Did Monaco get rid of male primogeniture ? Because if they didn't, if the twins are a boy and girl and the girl is out first the boy is still the heir.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Nope...primogeniture is still the law of the land in Monaco.

I was just having a laugh at the changed title of this thread: Charlene and Albert expect twins. When looking at Alberts belly/Charlenes belly in some pictures one could think that Albert & Charlene are expecting one baby each.

HA! Love it DOM! You hit the nail on the head with that statement. He does look a little bloated lately.

The announce that Charlene is expecting twins is on the official page of FB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom