Princess Charlene and Prince Albert Expect Twins in 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone asked why the palace didn't release anything but hello answered once again:

HELLO! Canada ‏@HelloCanada 18 h18 ore fa @ByLondena You're right! There's been no official press release so far. However, the Palace DID confirm directly with Hello! So exciting!

IMO the mag made an agreement with A&C and they will have the pictures of the babies too

Twins?! Wonderful news, she is very neat, I hope she is as well as she looks.

I have always believed it because of the way the announcement was made.

I have always believed it because of the way the announcement was made.

Yes! Me too. They didn't specify either way whether she was having one or multiple which led me to believe there was a high possibility of twins. Congratulations to them! Hope their babies are both healthy and happy!

Well not if they are not expecting twins!

All this sound and thunder is just a retread of the last "it's twins" headline and not one credible source to confirm it. They are all quoting each other! :ROFLMAO:

Well, it's on every news channel as of a few hours ago, so I think if it were not twins, there would have been a correction.

Well, it's on every news channel as of a few hours ago, so I think if it were not twins, there would have been a correction.

Yes, it's being trumpeted everywhere. I think we can safely assume we have been told, via Hello magazine, that Charlene will be having twins. Very happy news. :)

My thoughts are with the parents with hopes for a safe delivery of two healthy and happy babies. :flowers:

I just think its better to have an official palace confirmation. That way, there is no doubt or mystery. It's officially stated and the church can roll on.

I just think its better to have an official palace confirmation. That way, there is no doubt or mystery. It's officially stated and the church can roll on.

In the public relations field, it's called building the anticipation. It creates word of mouth publicity. I - frankly - think it is smart not confirming!

The health of each baby, in a multiple pregnancy, can differ.
The mother is under more stress, also.
How can anyone be certain of delivering twins to full term?

I hope the child or children arrive safely and in good health.

Someone asked why the palace didn't release anything but hello answered once again:

HELLO! Canada ‏@HelloCanada 18 h18 ore fa @ByLondena You're right! There's been no official press release so far. However, the Palace DID confirm directly with Hello! So exciting!

IMO the mag made an agreement with A&C and they will have the pictures of the babies too

If this is true, its really ridiculous and highly unprofessional from the Palace.

I think that the Danes were very smart in announcing the pregnancy of twins right from the beginning. They just didn't give the press the chance to speculate. But Albert and Charlene might have had their own reasoning for this salami tactics.

I do not understand the "policy" of the Palace either..... but I am excited about the outcome itself :D:p
BYe Bine

If this is true, its really ridiculous and highly unprofessional from the Palace.

Quite right! After months of speculation there is still no clarification from the Palace. Are they now down to using Hello to make their announcements?

Good news if she is having twins. I really like her and she deserves much happiness. :)

In some instances, pregnancy can start out as twins, but not end as twins. Perhaps their HSHs decided to wait until both babies were deemed viable to make an announcement to anyone. It is up to them to decide how an announcement is made. I am just hoping that everyone comes through without incident.

Whatever way the news came the thing is that it is lovely news. Praying for Charlene and a safe and healthy delivery of the two babies.

I find it astonishing that she is doing all this air travel with what is a high risk pregnancy because of her age and twins too

She travels in the privat plane of Albert , we know that there are 2 beds and 8 seats in it, it is more confortable than in a linie plane.

Stéphane Bern who is the reporter who belonged to the team of the palace who prepared the the wedding was this morning on RTL radio.

He said that it is not a surprise for them and he said that Charlene said to the reporter of Hello during the diner of the opening of the Clinton Global initiative that
'she was very happy, she was expecting twins and she was feeling very well'

Here is the video of the interciew

Charlène de Monaco enceinte de jumeaux : "Un problème complexe", dit Stéphane Bern - RTL.fr

He also answers about who will be the heir

Last edited by a moderator:
who has twins in the family Charlene side or Alberts (...)

^^^previous
Mike Wittstock indicated in a SA newspaper interview that his wife had some twins in her family and she was wondering when it would turn up again in their family. Both of P Charlene's brothers became fathers of single babies in 2013. I'm sure both families and the couple must be super excited that there are twins on the way. And as others have said, we pray for a safe delivery and healthy mother and babies. I believe P Charlene may have stayed behind in the US after the NYC events to limit the amount of traveling. She is an older PG, now 7 months along, with a multiple pregnancy and too much traveling could be risky. But traveling in a private jet will be much more comfortable, and maybe she even has some medical staff with her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Bern has always got it right (Charlotte pregnancy, Sacha name and gender etc)

I don't see the problem in determining who the heir and the spare will be. It will be quite a task for them to raise the twins and explain to them that they will have different roles in life! How do you do that without creating jealousy and tears? With twins that must be so much more difficult than with normal siblings. I don’t envy them.

It's quite interesting that in some decades we'll see a Monarch with a twin. When was the last time such a thing happened, if ever?

i wonder if the palace will emit a press release soon. the twins certainly raise some questions on how things will be handled from a succession perspective, plus it's always professional that this sort of thing is confirmed officially rather than to hello magazine. i wonder if maybe charlene didn't mean to say it but accidentally slipped it.

It's quite interesting that in some decades we'll see a Monarch with a twin. When was the last time such a thing happened, if ever?

good point, i don't recall any monarchs or heirs having twins in recent times.

I think the last time was the Shah of Iran, who had a twin sister. It happened recently. On January 20th 2013 Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Chef of the House of Prussia and his spouse Princess Sophie von Isenburg became the parents of twin sons: Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand.

The firstborn, Prince Carl Friedrich, is the Erbprinz. His twin brother Prince Louis Ferdinand is the second in line. Yes, he is not reigning but this is a recent example of twin boys and it is very simple: the first one to be born is the first one in line of the throne.

Another example: Don Luis-Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez Bordiú has twins too, Don Luis and Don Alfonso.

When Princess Charlène givens birth to twin girls, they still can be bypassed by a younger brother.

:flowers:

Last edited:
It happened recently. On January 20th 2013 Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia, Chef of the House of Prussia and his spouse Princess Sophie von Isenburg became the parents of twin sons: Prince Carl Friedrich and Prince Louis Ferdinand.

The firstborn, Prince Carl Friedrich, is the Erbprinz. His twin brother Prince Louis Ferdinand is the second in line. Yes, he is not reigning but this is a recent example of twin boys and it is very simple: the first one to be born is the first one in line of the throne.

When Princess Charlène givens birth to twin girls, they still can be bypassed by a younger brother.

That's right, I forgot about the Prussian Princes. But I was not questioning who'll be the heir, but if it ever happened that a Monarch had a twin.

(...) Twins are very regular. Recent twins: Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú, future Duque de Franco has twins, the eldest is his heir. Prince Georg-Friedrich of Prussia has twins, the eldest is his Heir. Prince Laurent of Belgium has twins. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark has twins. Prince Donatus, the Landgrave of Hesse, has twins. Princess Irene of the Netherlands has twins. Prince Alexander of Yugolsavia has twins. Etc. Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom