The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Prince Albert, Princess Charlene and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-08-2015, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
I wonder what you can teach a baby about safety. I always thought baby swimming lessons are about getting them used to being in a pool, going under water with their head, etc.
Not much, they need 100% surveillance all the time. But that swimming is excellent for their physique and their coordination skills does not need discussion. In the Netherlands and in France "mama (or papa) swims" are very popular. Babies are barely born and hoppa! there they go, into the chlorine water!

Old 08-08-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Imo, we wouldn't know about this instructor being asked to come, if the parents were only concerned about the twins' safety. They would have asked the instructor to sign an agreement of confidance, and no word would would have left the palace. Imo, the fact that Charlene actively publicized these lessons make clear that it was also about publicity for her foundation and creating awareness for the issue. I think that fully explains why someone was chosen who cooperated with the foundation in SA. They reached two goals in one move.

I googled for water safety and found this video very explaining. It is not about teaching infants to actively swim, but they learn to roll on their backs and stay floating. That way they can breath till they are rescued.

Old 08-08-2015, 09:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duc and Pair, Monaco is not a dictator, there are 9000 true monegash people and other people who are résidents and have no the monegash nationality, they are foreigners who are living in Monaco and have no right to vote as in other democratic countries where the foreigners have no right to vote as in France
The monegash people vote for the town Council and for the national Council who is a parlement.
Happily that Monaco Matin does not look like Dayli Mail when we read the subjects of dayli mail and the mistakes this newspaper is doing .
In Monaco Matin, there are articles where the town Council explains why the Council will not vote for a subject proposed by the princely governement or there are articles where the president of the national Council why he will carefully about the projects of Urbanism.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Imo, we wouldn't know about this instructor being asked to come, if the parents were only concerned about the twins' safety. They would have asked the instructor to sign an agreement of confidance, and no word would would have left the palace. Imo, the fact that Charlene actively publicized these lessons make clear that it was also about publicity for her foundation and creating awareness for the issue. I think that fully explains why someone was chosen who cooperated with the foundation in SA. They reached two goals in one move.

I googled for water safety and found this video very explaining. It is not about teaching infants to actively swim, but they learn to roll on their backs and stay floating. That way they can breath till they are rescued.
That video made my blood run cold at one point-my God how disturbingly easy it is for these kind of tragedies to happen!

Thanks Tilia.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:29 AM
Administrator

A couple of posts have been moved to the family's current events thread. As always please don't repost pics of joint events in the individual threads!
Old 12-11-2015, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

A very nice video of the birthday fest of Jacques and Gabriella, I like when Jacques is walking

Les enfants princiers célèbrent leur premier anniversaire en public / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco
Old 12-11-2015, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Thanks, melina, for the only video/pictures so far of their birthday! Wonderful that P Jacques is walking already! P Gabriella looks like a little angel and the parents of course are very proud. I certainly hope there will be some more pictures of this special day.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 12-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the video! So instead of pictures they released a video, even though it's not usual for 1st birthdays (we usually get official pics), I really like this way.

It's absolutely adorable when Jacques walks quite a bit at the end of the video. It seems Gabriella can't walk properly yet, but she is a very beautiful baby.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Melina thanks for the video. Very good idea this video. Jacques and Gabriella are adorable Gabriella a little angel!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:43 PM
Administrator

What a wonderful and unusual idea to celebrate the babies' birthday together with the people of Monaco!

The text underneath the video says that they celebrated near the Place d'Armes in Monaco with around one hundred people.

I also like the fact that they allowed the twins to be touched by children and well-wishers, very down-to-earth, open and heartening!

I can imagine that we'll also get some pics of that special celebration within the next days.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

I would have liked to see official pictures, but a birthday party like this is great. Both are adorable and Hereditary Prince Jacques walking is just
Old 12-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Courtier

Happy birthday to the twins.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Heir Apparent

That video was pure cuteness! The twins look really curious and eager to explore their surroundings... Still, i would have wanted an official photo realesed! Just to make everything even cuter!
Old 12-11-2015, 03:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely cute dolls 🎎
Old 12-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a lovely video and really like how relaxed the twins are with the public.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not dissapointed that we didn't get any official photos of the twins, because the video was delightful.

Gabriella and Jacques are super adorable and seem to be very sociable as well. They didn't seem to shy away from the crowds and got on with all age groups. Jacques walking is adorable and after seeing the photo of Charlene as a baby, I think he looks so much like her.
Gabriella's dress was also gorgeous!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Delightful.... no way I can miss their birthday, it is mine too !
Old 12-12-2015, 12:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Royal watching is saved for a long time. Just count how many royal children there are under the age of fifteen. There will be plenty of royal activities to keep us all very busy for a couple of generations.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
Thanks for posting the video of the runaway baby.

Gabriella may also be walking but she did not have an opportunity.
Also her shoes might have been a bit slippy on the brick pavement.
Old 12-12-2015, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

It looked like Albert put her down to walk at the same time Charlene did, but unlike her brother Gabriella was having none of it and got picked up again.