The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-06-2015, 07:45 PM
Serene Highness

I hope they get more down to earth as the thrill of new baby fades or well Charlotte really. I don't think Albert will ever grasp that concept as regards his darlings:)

Old 08-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Majesty

I doubt it amaryllus. Something tells me that the two of them never really expected to have a baby, let alone twins...one of each. They are probably eternally grateful and experiencing a "pinch me" feeling each time they look at those kids.

I doubt if Jacques/Gabriella will be as spoiled and undisciplined as Albert and his sisters were, but there is no doubt in my mind that materially speaking, they will experience nothing but the best.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Then at least I hope it is balanced out by letting them see not everyone lives the way they do and how incredibly fortunate they are.This is Monaco though so that seems not likely.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Courtier

Previous

I think that P Charlene in particular will make sure that they know how fortunate they are. Since she did not grow up amidst all this wealth she is very aware that many people struggle to put food on their tables. A part of her charity work is "to give back" to those less fortunate. She stresses this often and I'm sure she will instill this in the twins as well.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 08-07-2015, 02:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4A View Post
Previous

I think that P Charlene in particular will make sure that they know how fortunate they are. Since she did not grow up amidst all this wealth she is very aware that many people struggle to put food on their tables. A part of her charity work is "to give back" to those less fortunate. She stresses this often and I'm sure she will instill this in the twins as well.

Heu... she is hiring a swimming instructor from South Africa, to fly to Nice and stay in Monte-Carlo, instead of asking Pauline, Manon or Inès from the Stade Nautique Rainier III (a very professional venue in Monte-Carlo where Europe's swimteams hold training camps and with an excellent École aquatique pour bébé nageurs). That does not sound as if she is "making them aware". More jet-set than hiring a swim-instructor from the other side of the world is hardly possible...

Old 08-07-2015, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

Well if we have a princess Veruca Salt or Prince Drako Malfoy in a few years then we will see who was right :)
Old 08-07-2015, 02:42 PM
Courtier

I think that the twins are gorgeous and obviously have parents who love them. Who knows what goes on with any couple, between any couple but I suspect these two do not take their children for granted. Let them have a bit of privacy, Princess Caroline was complaining about being chased by pap's when she was a teenager.
Old 08-07-2015, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

The princess Charlène foundation is very presente in South Africa, Lyzette Botha , supported by the foundation will help in giving swimming lessons to the babies in nurseries in South Africa.
Princess Charlene invited her to know more on her methode, and she tested on the two babies .

Of Course, the instructors of Monaco would not go to South Africa to give lessons to the South Africa Babies.

Here is the story

read the foundation "s site, the South africa babies will receive swimming lessons

South Africa - 01.01.2015 - 30.06.2015 - South Africa - 01.01.2015 - 30.06.2015 - Learn to swim - Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation - Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation
Old 08-07-2015, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Charlene is also showing that she has not forgotten where she came from.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Courtier

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 -

Thank you, melina p, for clarifying. And as posters have pointed out, the Princess's choice of this particular instructor may be both personal and professional.

The most important thing is surely that the babies are safe around water, not?

Old 08-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Of course Monaco is just a state which fits in one's backyard and the Prince is almost autonomous. But imagine Princess Mary of Denmark hiring a swimming instructor from Tasmania or (then) Princess Máxima a swimming instructor all the way from Buenos Aires. I can already fill in the public reactions... Luckily they were (are) wise enough to make a professional choice. In Monaco Charlène can do that. Who dares to attack the Prince? The media? The Monaco Matin? There is not even a television station. In that aspect Charlène can do what she want.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mary and Queen Maxima may have hiring an instructor of their native and you don't know it, what do you know behind the walls of their palace? you must be carefull in saying this.
What are to judge that Charlene did not do a good Professional choice whixh is useful for her foundation? An advisor of the monarchy?
The foundation also thinks to the children of Monaco, the foundation built a safe life center where all the pupils of the all the collèges can learn how to save somebody who is drowning. ( read the site of princess charlene foundation)
With her foundation, there was an exchange betwwen children of South Africa with children of Monaco,
Princess Charlene had the idea for 'the snappers for all' the children who had difficulties to learn aand who are poor.
At least, I will learn you that Monaco has a station of television, Monaco channel where there are the news on Monaco info at 7 pm and where we could Watch all the big events of Monaco like the presentation of the princely twins, the christening of the babies and the festivities of the 10 reign of prince Albert in live.
There are also Monaco matin, bonjour Monaco, observer, moaco hebdo, principauté, la gazette de Monaco.

And again, I post you the link of the princess charlene foundation

Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation - Princess Charlene of Monaco fundation

You are doing something who is normal for her foundation a big fuss.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Of course Monaco is just a state which fits in one's backyard and the Prince is almost autonomous. But imagine Princess Mary of Denmark hiring a swimming instructor from Tasmania or (then) Princess Máxima a swimming instructor all the way from Buenos Aires. I can already fill in the public reactions... Luckily they were (are) wise enough to make a professional choice. In Monaco Charlène can do that. Who dares to attack the Prince? The media? The Monaco Matin? There is not even a television station. In that aspect Charlène can do what she want.
Firstly, Does Monaco have an established baby swim safety programme? If not, starting one with an expert makes sense.

Either way, it is not surprising she has contracted an expert. It makes sense to me coming from a country where swimming is a common pastime for everyone, I can understand Charlene wanting her babies to learn to swim and be safe as early as possible.

Living the life they do, beaches and swimming pools are everywhere but I am not sure how strong the safety rules are. Here pools have to have childproof fences around them and any doors or windows opening to the pool have to have a childproof lock. Even outdoor hot tubs have to have lock down tops when not in use.

The thing is that water safety, especially around pools, is really pushed here in summer because, notwithstanding the above, children drowning in pools is still far too common.

I am stunned at the negative response to something that is both lifesaving and costs considerably less than a few Birkin bags!

It seems that the logic of many is totally skewed. In a world where custom cars, yachts and planes are common and handbags cost 5-6 thousand or more, people are making much ado about swimming coaches. It quite frankly beggars belief!

Now if she gave a pool party and they all swam in Crystal champagne, perhaps!
Old 08-07-2015, 10:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I'll be at that pool party, but I may be ducking under water and taking a few gulps
Old 08-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Serene Highness

Marge, I completely agree.

Now to the issue ... is anyone in Monaco complaining about this??
Old 08-07-2015, 11:44 PM
Majesty

I really, seriously, truly doubt that the Monegasques care a fig about how their future Sovereign and his sister are learning to swim at the hands of expert foreigners!
Old 08-08-2015, 12:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella News 1: December 2014 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Firstly, Does Monaco have an established baby swim safety programme? If not, starting one with an expert makes sense.

Either way, it is not surprising she has contracted an expert. It makes sense to me coming from a country where swimming is a common pastime for everyone, I can understand Charlene wanting her babies to learn to swim and be safe as early as possible.

Living the life they do, beaches and swimming pools are everywhere but I am not sure how strong the safety rules are. Here pools have to have childproof fences around them and any doors or windows opening to the pool have to have a childproof lock. Even outdoor hot tubs have to have lock down tops when not in use.

The thing is that water safety, especially around pools, is really pushed here in summer because, notwithstanding the above, children drowning in pools is still far too common.

I am stunned at the negative response to something that is both lifesaving and costs considerably less than a few Birkin bags!

It seems that the logic of many is totally skewed. In a world where custom cars, yachts and planes are common and handbags cost 5-6 thousand or more, people are making much ado about swimming coaches. It quite frankly beggars belief!

Now if she gave a pool party and they all swam in Crystal champagne, perhaps!

Sadly, considering who is stirring the pot here about this, I'm not. Sad that anyone would choose this to use as an attack, because truthfully if we had the money to afford to be able to do this for our own children, can anyone actually say they wouldn't? I know I would be hiring these people in a heartbeat. The First Duty of any Parent is to provide a safe secure environment for their Children. These two will be around water their entire lives. Albert and Charlene doing this is the smart thing for the well being of their Children.

Also if Charlene is thinking of a partnership w/these people to provide Baby Water Safety programs through her Foundation,, the best way to know if their Program really works or not is to see it in action. So the Twins doing this Program not only taught them skills that could save their lives, but also gave Charlene a very real close up chance of how it works and if it works, in order to make a properly informed decision about working w/them through her Foundation. A win win IMHO.

Sigh....I just do not understand why anyone would go after Parents for giving their Children the tools needed at this stage in their lives to be able to handle being in a pool if the unthinkable should ever happen. I just don't.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-08-2015, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

I wonder what you can teach a baby about safety. I always thought baby swimming lessons are about getting them used to being in a pool, going under water with their head, etc.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:07 AM
Majesty

If you have a pool or your neighbour does "safety" becomes a way of life. It starts with getting the kids floating and their water skills develop along the same way that they develop.

It is a way of life and not one you can just suddenly decide to turn on when the kids are mobile or you are visiting a place with fish ponds, ornamental water features, etc. It has to be "on" 24/7.

Can anyone tell me just how fast a 2-year-old can move? And did that door not quite shut?

Charlene and, I imagine Albert, are into proactive parenting when it comes to water.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
Marge, I completely agree.

Now to the issue ... is anyone in Monaco complaining about this??
Of course not. The people in Moncao have nothing to say. 90% of the people living in Monaco are foreigners and have nothing to say (they can not vote etc.). So the Princess can shrug her shoulders, do anything she wants and hire 100 swim instructors from Uzbekistan if she thinks that is needed to keep her babies afloat in the baby-pool. The Monaco Matin is not exactly alike the Daily Mail and will not ask themselves if there is something wrong with the famous Stade Nautique Rainier III and its École aquatique pour bébé nageurs which learns the local babies how to swim...